Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This story makes me want to throw-up. And cry hysterically.

He used Beth's money to finance his way to South America to kill another young girl. God....I am totally speechless.

OMG...I am so sorry Beth.... :cry:

And did so on the anniversary of the first blow he gave to Beth. I'm seriously nauseated also. I highly doubt it, but it's almost like he did it on purpose.

Apparently Greta has info that JVS did extort money from Beth.

I'm not sure I agree with her completely. The FBI probably didn't want to bring charges until after the money had changed hands. That happened on May 10. JVS was in Aruba at that time until he left for Peru on May 14. How, exactly, was the FBI going to arrest him in Aruba? They have no jurisdiction there. How were they going to stop him from leaving Aruba and traveling to Peru? Was the FBI psychic? Did they know he was going to kill someone in Peru? Isn't it possible they planned to get the help of another country in arresting him?

Greta is jumping the gun on this one, hope she's not just playing politics.

Nevertheless, it sure sounds like the 15 grand was used to fund his trip to Peru.

Of course neither the FBI nor Beth Holloway is psychic and couldn't foresee the horror that was to happen. But, the end result is that Joran has victimized the Holloways yet again. Along with another beautiful young woman.

I have to wonder if he was angry that he hadn't received the balance and took it out on Stephany. "I'll show you, Beth Holloway." On the very day five years later. Could anyone really be that evil?!

I think I need to step away for a bit. I can barely digest this. My heart hurts and I'm literally sick. I can't even begin to imagine how Beth must feel.

If you are interested in prisons in Peru, go to National Geograhic website and check out past shows on Locked up Abroad. There is one on two women locked up for cocaine smuggling. men's prisons are supposed to be far worse...

I just have to put this out there because this is what I am thinking at the moment. IF this $15,000.00 wasn't wired to Joran, of which "allegedly" arrived on May 14th, then perhaps Joran would not have been able to be at the Poker Tournament, etc., etc.

It's very strange that Greta put out Beth Holloway's name and it is not being discussed on Issues that it was Beth Holloway that gave the $15,000.00 IF Beth gave the $15,000.00.

For some reason, I just can't see Beth paying $250,000.00 to Joran in this manner. She is way too smart to get caught up in this scheme.

I do believe it was a sting operation and that the FBI was involved from the get-go.

As for Greta putting out Beth's name - I didn't like that. However, I do know they became very good friends while in Aruba. Not sure that is still the case today. So, I don't know if Beth gave her permission or an inside scoop...

I just would highly doubt it, if I trust my gut instinct.

On JVM-it was stated that when Joran is convicted in Peru, that he will face 35 years, 35 years of the most tortureous!~

It's very strange that Greta put out Beth Holloway's name and it is not being discussed on Issues that it was Beth Holloway that gave the $15,000.00 IF Beth gave the $15,000.00.

For some reason, I just can't see Beth paying $250,000.00 to Joran in this manner. She is way too smart to get caught up in this scheme.

Hi, Patty G. That the money would be paid by Beth directly or indirectly would make sense. Locating the remains and documenting the money exchange would place Joran in a double locked box: homicide and extortion.

His arrest would, by necessity, bring an end to the operation; thus, the announcement.

It's hard to imagine Beth falling for his lies, but who else but a family member would be desperate enough to wire him money for the location of Natalee's body? It has to be Beth or another family member residing in Birmingham.

Also Greta communicates with Beth so it's possible she heard it straight from her.

The reports say Stephanie was not raped.
He is a serial killer.

Hi Butterfly, Having listened to PB on Jane's show, I don't think PB had enough time to put her thoughts into words. I say that as he is obviously a killer, just hearing on HLN that the skin found under Stephanie's nails belongs to JVS.

I think she meant he isn't the typical SK who grabs a woman, throws her in the bushes and then kills her. That's when she said he is a serial date rapist and when he doesn't get his way he gets enraged and violent.

I'm thinking he is a SK in the making, with at least 2 of his turn-downs ending up in their murder {if he is indeed guilty of killing Natalee and Stephanie}. And like we've written here before, how many others could there be we have no idea about ???

I think he is a sociopathic showing signs if being a serial killer on the rise. IMO

I do believe it was a sting operation and that the FBI was involved from the get-go.

As for Greta putting out Beth's name - I didn't like that. However, I do know they became very good friends while in Aruba. Not sure that is still the case today. So, I don't know if Beth gave her permission or an inside scoop...

I just would highly doubt it, if I trust my gut instinct.

Well IF it was Beth who sent the $15,000.00, I am sure she is having a very difficult time right now because the $15,000.00 kept Joran in Peru.

Have we heard that it was a "sting" operation?

As a mother, I would probably pay any amount to find out where my child is. I pray she feels NO blame regarding JVS actions, should he have gone to peru with the money. It's not her fault in no way shape or form. I pray for her heart to be whole, and that without the money, he wouldn't be caught and behind bars. While it's certainly a tragic tragic tragedy, it may have been meant to be -- and that she in fact caught him before any other young women were killed.

Bless you Beth - you have a wonderful will and spirit.

Mel

Stephany's full name is Tatiana Flores Stephany Ramirez, in case the astrologers need it.

What a beautiful name that is.

It's hard to imagine Beth falling for his lies, but who else but a family member would be desperate enough to wire him money for the location of Natalee's body? It has to be Beth or another family member residing in Birmingham.

Also Greta communicates with Beth so it's possible she heard it straight from her.

To add - it may not have been Beth's money at all. Rather a front, or sting. She may have only been the frontman. I'm sure there are many agencies out there willing to front that kind of money to catch this (alleged) killer.

MOO

Mel

I just have to put this out there because this is what I am thinking at the moment. IF this $15,000.00 wasn't wired to Joran, of which "allegedly" arrived on May 14th, then perhaps Joran would not have been able to be at the Poker Tournament, etc., etc.

According to his friends, he was already in bad shape, desperate for money, depressed, suicidal, out of control. Traveling to Peru didn't cause him to allegedly murder Stephany, he may have done the same thing in Aruba if he hadn't gotten the extortion money.

Hi, Nikki. As I noted above, I think that this was a sting operation. The money transfer seems to indicate the first stage worked. There will be no second stage because Joran is no longer seeking living expenses.

BBM. She's using hyperbole to play for ratings, like they all do. We all know it takes time to put together a federal case and it likely would have been months from now before they actually charged him. He'd been running around free for five years - they had no way of knowing he would do something like this now.

I believe the only reason they charged him today is so they are next in line to extradite him if things fall through over there. I doubt they were truly ready to proceed at this early juncture and this new murder forced their hands.

You are exactly right, CharlestonGal. I know better, I work in the legal field.

I think I let my emotions get the best of me up-thread. Although, I was correct technically in saying they could have charged him, it really isn't how the feds work when they are setting up a sting. And, I know that. They certainly aren't psychic, so they had no way on earth of knowing this would be the money he would use to finance another gambling/murder excursion in South America.

I am just sick for Beth Holloway. Sick. She has been through enough. Now this.

On JVM-it was stated that when Joran is convicted in Peru, that he will face 35 years, 35 years of the most tortureous!~
IF he makes it that long. He might get that sentenced shortened by some angry Peruvians who are also doing time. I hate to say it, but death is sometimes the only answer when dealing with someone that just won't stop. Joran doesn't strike me as the type that stops.

To add, the callousness it took to extort money from Beth, with her dead daughters location used as the bait, ranks up there with murder for me.

For all we know, it might not have been Beth at all. I guess we will have to wait and see what Greta reports on her show. I just found it odd, that no one in the media picked up on what Greta reported.

Wow--that is really warped. I guess, indirectly, her money did lead to justice for Natalee.

Just a request, can we chill on the Aruba bashing? You may not like their handling of the case, but anyone who followed it at the time will remember they turned that island inside out--and used, I think half-a-year's budget, looking for her. At the same time, a woman disappeared in B'ham--the sister-in-law of a WS poster--and LE there did exactly nothing--although it was obvious her gf killed her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro