GUILTY Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The video in the link is only available in the US, which, for some, is a concern in itself. One wonders: if it's true, why is it restricted to only a small segment of the population? Is it propaganda? If it's fact, why is it restricted? Again, it's always helpful to watch the entire original interview. Nevertheless, all we know for sure is that there was a lot of conflicting information released in the weeks after Joran was arrested.

That's strange. I thought internet links were universal, available even on Mars? I realise some nations limit access but generally speaking the internet is 'there', like the stars are 'there'. :waitasec: Maybe I'm wrong?

"Nevertheless, all we know for sure is that there was a lot of conflicting information released in the weeks after Joran was arrested": Stephany is still dead. Joran has still confessed. Joranis still in jail. What else am I missing? Oh! I frankly thought info was unusually conisistent, but that's just my opinion. Small anomolies in ordinary news coverage does not make a new Unified
Field Theory of the Joran Transformation. :waitasec: Maybe Im wrong but I doubt it?

:banghead:

Yes... this was after she said she wouldn't speak to the American media because she didn't trust it. Apparently it's okay to profit from it, though.

Oooooooo. :innocent::dance::dance::dance:

Hi Irish...

Yeah, I saw that about a week ago. He describes himself as "Star of A&E's 'Who is Joran Vandersloot' Documentary", 'CNN contributor' and a 'Verified Official Celebrity'. :dance: lolol His parents must be so proud.

Yes, makes you want to just.... ______ fill in the blank.

Also, someone asked Ludwick about his stint on Geraldo and he claimed he pulled out because Geraldo was digging too much and trying to make him (Ludwick) look too much like Joran. Thought they were BFF's.

One thing that came to mind though was with a huge network like CBS doing the documentary, what kind of licensing fees might be realized by the players.

:waitasec:

Who knows! All I know is that due to contractual limitations, whatever snippets of the interview ABC News put together for local distribution is not permitted to be distributed anywhere else.

When I have some time, I'll have a look at the original again and see if I can find the segment where Anita discusses contact with Joran before and after the murder.

By the same token, it is a fair bet NOBODY ANYWHERE has been given
the full particulars of any discussion the mother had with the son, or
visa-versa, in any discussion between them ever. So this trully is an empty debate imho.
:twocents: And forunately, a person can go to prison without knowing what mothers and sons
said to each other, in this instance.

I suppose I should have been saving and organizing all the past information, but I didn't. Wasn't it well established that Joran had a cell phone with him all the way until he was detained in Chile, but that the sim card was found missing from it?

Maybe he bought the cell phone along the way after Lima, or just hadn't
brought it out yet until later?. I wonder if the sim card would show date
of activation/purchase?

That's strange. I thought internet links were universal, available even on Mars? I realise some nations limit access but generally speaking the internet is 'there', like the stars are 'there'. :waitasec: Maybe I'm wrong?

"Nevertheless, all we know for sure is that there was a lot of conflicting information released in the weeks after Joran was arrested": Stephany is still dead. Joran has still confessed. Joranis still in jail. What else am I missing? Oh! I frankly thought info was unusually conisistent, but that's just my opinion. Small anomolies in ordinary news coverage does not make a new Unified
Field Theory of the Joran Transformation. :waitasec: Maybe Im wrong but I doubt it?

:banghead:

You must be right. I must be wrong. The internet is available on Mars.

It's been a pleasure.

You must be right. I must be wrong. The internet is available on Mars.

It's been a pleasure.

Its not about right vs wrong; it's about facts. The internet is available on Mars, through
JPl and NASA. Of course there is nobody there pressing buttons but there are orbiters
doing photographic missions and landers on the surface doing other missions, and they all
can link back to the Internet here on Earth to get updates and instructions - and communicate their data.

On the other hand facts are never the whole truth. We all know there is a human side to
Joran (to the whole story) but that should not preclude the basic facts of the case, imo.
I think the people gathered here are an exceptionally fair-minded group, which includes
your point of view. Thanks.

There are many US links that are not available outside the US - especially on the network sites. Similarly, there is content on the BBC that you can watch in the UK and nowhere else. It's generally about licensing of television content. The players would be the network, once someone sells their interview to a network, it belongs to the network. Anita made her money and if the network that bought it can sell it to others (which it clearly has) then they can make more money than they paid.

There are many US links that are not available outside the US - especially on the network sites. Similarly, there is content on the BBC that you can watch in the UK and nowhere else. It's generally about licensing of television content. The players would be the network, once someone sells their interview to a network, it belongs to the network. Anita made her money and if the network that bought it can sell it to others (which it clearly has) then they can make more money than they paid.

Also for example lets say a media outlet called Aruba today paid a person for the interview and own the rights to the interview. Now lets say Fox wants to post the interview on the Fox site. Fox is going to have to pay Aruba Today for the interview, but also Aruba today will put in a stipulation saying that Fox will make the interview unavailable on it's site for people in Aruba because Aruba Today wants Arubian traffic driven to their site and not Fox. It's all just about money.

:waitasec: So is there any updated news from Peru?? Like when is the next date for Joran to go before the judges??
TIA!! :dance:

The truth?!

I certainly hope that the producers of this film make it very clear that this is a complete work of fiction and not a documentary based on fact.

"The truth is that Natalee had a nose full of cocaine that night, was blind drunk and had been chasing blokes for days."

There is not one shred of evidence that indicates there is any truth to the above statement.

It's also been reported that it was being filmed in secret in Aruba. I'm not buying that. Aruba is a small island and it would be difficult, if not impossible, to produce a film under a cloak of secrecy. Certainly they'd have to get some sort of permissions from the Aruban powers that be (permits, etc.) and I don't think they would allow a film to be produced on the island that portrayed them in a bad light. Not after they've spent the last five years trying to protect tourism and their own individual reputations all costs.

The article says it will pull no punches and not 'paint a sympathetic picture' of any of the characters. Hmmph, we'll see...

:waitasec: So is there any updated news from Peru?? Like when is the next date for Joran to go before the judges??

Nothing, Niner. Not a thing. It's gone very quiet since the initial flood of information. I find it very disconcerting. :banghead:

I'm anxiously awaiting news of what they find on his computer.

I know...I've been wondering the same thing. It's been a whole week with no news!! I'm going into Joran withdrawal...which could be a good thing!! LOL

The things that I can recall we are waiting on are:

(1) the DNA results of the scrappings from Stephany's nails
(2) the results of Joran's laptop examination..not expected for up to 4 mos.!!
(3) the Supreme Courts ruling on JVDS' Habeas Corpus writ that his lawyer submitted to the higher court....until then Joran refuses to speak to the judge!
(4) and, of course, we never did hear the results of the taxi drivers court sessions

I know I must be forgetting something. Can anyone think of anything else? :waitasec:

Guess the reports were right about the slowness of the Peruvian legal system. Hope Joran's enjoying his free stay at the Lima 'Lexor'!!!

MOO

There is not one shred of evidence that indicates there is any truth to the above statement. .

That is in the public domain or that we are aware of. There may be something. He is right about Beth's characterization of Natalee.

I remember when the case first broke and Dan Riehl was lambasted for saying that Natalee was drinking and doing jello shots...and then there were witnesses and some photographic evidence to indicate that it was true.

What would a film director have to gain by making statements he does not think he can back up...nothing but lots to lose.

Film Centers on van der Sloot, Holloway

AOL Original news reporting, categorized under weird news, by David Lohr, July 26

"The English-language film, "Me & Mr. Jones," tells the "fictional story" of an undercover journalist, played by actor Robert de Hoog, who visits Aruba five years after Holloway's disappearance. While in Aruba, de Hoog and an undercover reporter, played by Hanna Verboom, break into van der Sloot's house and make a "shocking discovery," according to a description of the movie on Dutch filmmaker Paul Ruven's website."

Also for example lets say a media outlet called Aruba today paid a person for the interview and own the rights to the interview. Now lets say Fox wants to post the interview on the Fox site. Fox is going to have to pay Aruba Today for the interview, but also Aruba today will put in a stipulation saying that Fox will make the interview unavailable on it's site for people in Aruba because Aruba Today wants Arubian traffic driven to their site and not Fox. It's all just about money.

JMO, but I think it would depend on what the contract limitations stipulated wouldn't it?

I know...I've been wondering the same thing. It's been a whole week with no news!! I'm going into Joran withdrawal...which could be a good thing!! LOL

The things that I can recall we are waiting on are:

(1) the DNA results of the scrappings from Stephany's nails
(2) the results of Joran's laptop examination..not expected for up to 4 mos.!!
(3) the Supreme Courts ruling on JVDS' Habeas Corpus writ that his lawyer submitted to the higher court....until then Joran refuses to speak to the judge!
(4) and, of course, we never did hear the results of the taxi drivers court sessions

I know I must be forgetting something. Can anyone think of anything else? :waitasec:

Guess the reports were right about the slowness of the Peruvian legal system. Hope Joran's enjoying his free stay at the Lima 'Lexor'!!!

MOO

And ... Joran himself has been uncharacteristically quiet. No staged drama,
interviews, new allegations, et cetera. Sometimes the absence
of news is news and it makes me wonder 'what's up with Joran'? Does
the mystery woman continue to visit him and has she been identified
yet? Can Joran adapt to obscurity, at a slow casual pace in a Peruvian
prison? Who is Joran's financial advisor - there has to be one! (Does
one of Joran's lawyers have an MBA. Joran himself worked on one.)
Follow the money trail ...............

:waitasec:

I just saw a commercial for a new program airing next Wednesday (8/4) 10 pm on the E! Channel.

Joran van der Sloot: E! News - A profile of murder suspect Joran van der Sloot includes an interview with his mother, Anita van der Sloot.

($$Cha-ching$$)

The truth?!

I certainly hope that the producers of this film make it very clear that this is a complete work of fiction and not a documentary based on fact.

"The truth is that Natalee had a nose full of cocaine that night, was blind drunk and had been chasing blokes for days."

There is not one shred of evidence that indicates there is any truth to the above statement.

It's also been reported that it was being filmed in secret in Aruba. I'm not buying that. Aruba is a small island and it would be difficult, if not impossible, to produce a film under a cloak of secrecy. Certainly they'd have to get some sort of permissions from the Aruban powers that be (permits, etc.) and I don't think they would allow a film to be produced on the island that portrayed them in a bad light. Not after they've spent the last five years trying to protect tourism and their own individual reputations all costs.

The article says it will pull no punches and not 'paint a sympathetic picture' of any of the characters. Hmmph, we'll see...

You are so right, suzihawk. The movie is fashioned after Renee Gielen's Docu. The producer gave another interview. In other words, all the negativity and slandering of Natalee and family that Renee did. Of course Aruba wouldn't mind that.
The coke sniffing was in a statement given by a friend of Joran van der Sloot. The other slams against Natalee were picked up by Renee from Julia and some rumors at a forum I can't mention here.

I am preparing a Document with links that will be sent to every travel agency I can find.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
musicmusette