GUILTY Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well according to NG the Aruban prosecutors don't think Joran is in a "truth-telling mood" at the moment so they have put off or cancelled plans to question him at the moment it seems...

GRACE: You know, I don`t understand it, either, Sue. And Sue, let me tell you another action tidbit I`ve just discovered. Remember the Aruban prosecutors were set to fly to Peru to investigate and question Joran Van Der Sloot again about Natalee? Guess what they said? I`m not -- I`m not even embellishing this. They decided that they don`t think Joran Van Der Sloot is in the right mood to be questioned. Go ahead, Jean, explain.

CASAREZ: Well, Maximo Altez told us -- and that`s the lawyer for Joran Van Der Sloot. He told us that he wouldn`t allow any Aruban officials to talk to his client, so that may be the truth.

GRACE: OK, what about it, Rupa Mikkilineni? What you can tell me about what the Aruban prosecutors themselves said?

RUPA MIKKILINENI, NANCY GRACE PRODUCER: Nancy, they made a request, a little over a month ago, to officially come down to Peru and to interrogate Joran Van Der Sloot. What they have been doing is meeting, going over the evidence in Aruba and trying to strategize as to exactly when is the right timing to go down there and interview him. And this is very crucial. The reason they`re doing this is strategy, Nancy. You know that they need to go town there and speak to him at a time when...

GRACE: I asked you -- I asked you what prosecutors said. So you know what? I`ll have to Q&A with myself. The Aruban prosecutors said they don`t believe Joran Van Der Sloot is in a talking mood. They think he`s in a defensive mood, not a truth-telling mood.

You know what? That`s not the way it works, Steve Stephens, former Alabama state trooper, joining us out of the capital there in Montgomery. You don`t wait until a suspected killer is in a truth-telling mood because they`re never in a truth-telling mood, Steve.

STEVE STEPHENS, RETIRED ALABAMA STATE TROOPER: Most of the time, they`re not going to be, Nancy. In a case like this, the question now has come up about his confession, but what about all the physical evidence you`ve got to hold him on that alone, without the confession? The confession...

GRACE: You`re right, Steve. I don`t know what the Alabama -- Aruban prosecutors are waiting on. This guy`s never going to tell the truth! At least give it a stab, Aruba!

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1008/23/ng.01.html

Since this is from NG I'm not sure how much of it I believe. I do think the part about his lawyer keeping them away may be correct.

MOO

Thank you Kamille, I don't watch much of NG so I didn't hear that. I believe that about his attorney prohibiting anyone from Aruba talking to him. Too bad for Joran though if there was even a slim chance of any kind of possible deal being worked out.

I don't want to see anything happen to him in prison, I hope he lives a long long life but I hope he's worried 24/7 too, every morning when he wakes up, all day long and when he goes to sleep, worrying and fearing for his own miserable life. It would still not come close to the fear Natalee and Stephany probably felt before they lost their lives at his hand.

Annalia, I have such ambivalent feelings about this. Deep in my heart I don't wish harm to come to JVS via other prisoners. I, too, want him to live a long and healthy life in constant and deep 24 hour terror of what might happen to him at any given moment. But if he were to meet up with prison justice, I don't think I'd lose any sleep over it.

Not sure if the other two would have been moved to general population just yet while their cases are also pending. I wonder if Lurigancho has a solitary unit as well. Maybe they were shipped there? Or perhaps they've just made arrangements for them somewhere else in Castro Castro.

To be honest, this is the only source I've found so far that has indicated that they were moved so it might not even be true at all. Maybe something got lost in the translation? Can we find anything about this in the Peruvian press?

If they were moved, I would imagine Trujillo would have more of a problem with it considering he was there first and was already "established" before Joran showed up. It may sound strange but I can see these guys adapting to their cells and actually considering them to be "home" and feeling rather possessive about their own personal space. To be uprooted abruptly because you appeared in a photo with such a high profile inmate would sting I would think.

MOO

All good points, Kamille. I doubt Trujillo or Smith would have been put in GP just yet, but IF they were due to JVS, it won't bode well for him at all. I really hope the 'boys' been split up. No more poker games or what not and, if I'm not mistaken, it was Trujillo's TV so I'm hoping JVS doesn't have access to that anymore too. Thanks for the NG transcript. :)

Well, well, well.................now Joran only has his rat for company. If the other three got shipped to the general population, I bet they're not real happy with Joran. After all, the picture would probably never have been made if not for his presence. I'm wondering if there won't be some form of retaliation from them in the future. They could pool their resources & bribe a guard to "take care" of Joran. I hope he's worrying about it 24 hours a day.

Joran's birthday is August 6th (87).

Why do I mention this? For future reference ... :dance:

Well according to NG the Aruban prosecutors don't think Joran is in a "truth-telling mood" at the moment so they have put off or cancelled plans to question him at the moment it seems...

GRACE: You know, I don`t understand it, either, Sue. And Sue, let me tell you another action tidbit I`ve just discovered. Remember the Aruban prosecutors were set to fly to Peru to investigate and question Joran Van Der Sloot again about Natalee? Guess what they said? I`m not -- I`m not even embellishing this. They decided that they don`t think Joran Van Der Sloot is in the right mood to be questioned. Go ahead, Jean, explain.

CASAREZ: Well, Maximo Altez told us -- and that`s the lawyer for Joran Van Der Sloot. He told us that he wouldn`t allow any Aruban officials to talk to his client, so that may be the truth.

GRACE: OK, what about it, Rupa Mikkilineni? What you can tell me about what the Aruban prosecutors themselves said?

RUPA MIKKILINENI, NANCY GRACE PRODUCER: Nancy, they made a request, a little over a month ago, to officially come down to Peru and to interrogate Joran Van Der Sloot. What they have been doing is meeting, going over the evidence in Aruba and trying to strategize as to exactly when is the right timing to go down there and interview him. And this is very crucial. The reason they`re doing this is strategy, Nancy. You know that they need to go town there and speak to him at a time when...

GRACE: I asked you -- I asked you what prosecutors said. So you know what? I`ll have to Q&A with myself. The Aruban prosecutors said they don`t believe Joran Van Der Sloot is in a talking mood. They think he`s in a defensive mood, not a truth-telling mood.

You know what? That`s not the way it works, Steve Stephens, former Alabama state trooper, joining us out of the capital there in Montgomery. You don`t wait until a suspected killer is in a truth-telling mood because they`re never in a truth-telling mood, Steve.

STEVE STEPHENS, RETIRED ALABAMA STATE TROOPER: Most of the time, they`re not going to be, Nancy. In a case like this, the question now has come up about his confession, but what about all the physical evidence you`ve got to hold him on that alone, without the confession? The confession...

GRACE: You`re right, Steve. I don`t know what the Alabama -- Aruban prosecutors are waiting on. This guy`s never going to tell the truth! At least give it a stab, Aruba!

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1008/23/ng.01.html

Since this is from NG I'm not sure how much of it I believe. I do think the part about his lawyer keeping them away may be correct.

MOO

Nancy failed to ask what color his pillow is, to draw a sweeping
conclusion from that ? :angel:

Joran's birthday is August 6th (87).

Why do I mention this? For future reference ... :dance:

Oh, darn...and I forgot to send a gift....LOL !!! :blushing: :blushing: :blushing:

Thank you Kamille, I don't watch much of NG so I didn't hear that. I believe that about his attorney prohibiting anyone from Aruba talking to him. Too bad for Joran though if there was even a slim chance of any kind of possible deal being worked out.

There will be no deal for Joran in regards to Natalee IMO. Once Peru is finished with his trial and has likely sentenced him, he could be sent to Aruba to stand trial for Natalee's murder but it's very unlikely unless he really can produce her remains, his stories and confessions mean nothing at this point without producing solid evidence of what happened. And even if he can and he was convicted there, he would still be sent back to Peru to serve his sentence before being sent to Aruba to serve his sentence there. There really is no incentive there for him to finally tell the truth. And it's unlikely he will ever give Natalee's mother the satisfaction of knowing she was right and of bringing her daughter home.

Then of course you have to factor the US and their charges against him into it. They will likely have first dibs at a trial because they've already filed their charges. So he could go there for a trial as well. And of course there's always Thailand. So even though he may be convicted and sentenced in Peru for Stephany's murder, he may also be doing the prison and courtroom tour in a few other countries for a while before settling in to do his full time in Peru.

MOO

All good points, Kamille. I doubt Trujillo or Smith would have been put in GP just yet, but IF they were due to JVS, it won't bode well for him at all. I really hope the 'boys' been split up. No more poker games or what not and, if I'm not mistaken, it was Trujillo's TV so I'm hoping JVS doesn't have access to that anymore too. Thanks for the NG transcript. :)

I forgot about the TV suzihawk! LOL Can you just imagine Trujillo carting his TV and his blanket around Castro Castro or Lurigancho, all ticked off, to his new cell? Like a little boy who's been scolded and is going to take his toys and leave. It just seems so ridiculous. :floorlaugh:

And some interesting facts about William Trickett Smith II. He met his wife on the internet, she was from Trujillo, Peru (weird coincidence :waitasec:) and her father is/was a police officer and prison guard. I'd say his days are pretty numbered wherever they put him. :loser:

MOO

Oh, darn...and I forgot to send a gift....LOL !!! :blushing: :blushing: :blushing:

:floorlaugh:

So did I! LOL. Maybe his mother sent him his own TV. Or that nice oversized shirt he was wearing in the photo. Perhaps he's expecting to put on more weight with all the burgers and pizza he's eating? By the way, anyone have any ideas as to what is in the pocket of that shirt in the photo?

The Peruvian press reported the names of the two prison guards / officials who are responsible for the JVDS photo. One of them is the 4th man in the photo and the other one took it.

The article also mentions that Smith has been transferred to another cell block...but says nothing about Trujillo having been moved.

http://translate.googleusercontent....&twu=1&usg=ALkJrhi2Wlhypn-qJ5FomgWUXnVcse1C6g

Ahh, I was wondering if the blurred out guy was a prison official because of Trujillo's finger gun pointed at his head. Isn't he just the little class cut-up?

I wonder exactly what the duties of "the manager of the Bureau of Criminal Identification and Freedoms" are? And what his punishment is?

Thanks, FLNY.

Not sure if the other two would have been moved to general population just yet while their cases are also pending. I wonder if Lurigancho has a solitary unit as well. Maybe they were shipped there? Or perhaps they've just made arrangements for them somewhere else in Castro Castro.

To be honest, this is the only source I've found so far that has indicated that they were moved so it might not even be true at all. Maybe something got lost in the translation? Can we find anything about this in the Peruvian press?

If they were moved, I would imagine Trujillo would have more of a problem with it considering he was there first and was already "established" before Joran showed up. It may sound strange but I can see these guys adapting to their cells and actually considering them to be "home" and feeling rather possessive about their own personal space. To be uprooted abruptly because you appeared in a photo with such a high profile inmate would sting I would think.

MOO
Good point about Ospina being there before Joran. I also can't understand why he or the other prisoner would be punished moreso than Joran for appearing in that photo especially if it were a prison cxmera and jailer who photographed them. But I do believe they should be kept in their cells instead of socializing with each other so much. MOO

Good point about Ospina being there before Joran. I also can't understand why he or the other prisoner would be punished moreso than Joran for appearing in that photo especially if it were a prison cxmera and jailer who photographed them. But I do believe they should be kept in their cells instead of socializing with each other so much. MOO

Maybe the 'rent' went up after the photo incident....LOL!!

I think Joran had the bucks to stay put and the other 2 didn't. I'll bet Trujillo is fuming!! Joran better hope he doesn't meet up with him again...:croc:

Well, the week has passed and no word from the higher court on its decision re: Joran's confession....which was promised to be out this week. :waitasec:

Maybe manyana...LOL!!

Van der Sloot still waiting for appeal ruling

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localn...for-appeal-ruling/FTV69Vr1DkSaI5XjJYIKtg.cspx

<snipped>

His first attempt to get the confession thrown out was rejected. His current appeal is to a three judge appellate panel. His legal team claims the confession was coerced, that van der Sloot was given an adequate translator, and his lawyer during the interrogation misrepresented herself.

The proceedings in his case have been slowed down by his lawyer's claims there is no competent Dutch to Spanish translator available in Peru.

In a bizarre sidenote to van der Sloot's week, Peruvian prison officials are investigating who took a photo of van der Sloot mugging with three other prisoners. One of them is an accused hitman, another is an American known as the Suitcase Murderer, accused of killing his wife, dismembering her body, packing it in a suitcase and tossing it in the ocean.

Peruvian officials have moved the other prisoners in the picture from van der Sloot's cell block in the Castro Castro prison.

Well, the week has passed and no word from the higher court on its decision re: Joran's confession....which was promised to be out this week. :waitasec:

Maybe manyana...LOL!!

I don't want to worry about this decision but he's slithered away far too many times already for me not to be just a tad concerned.

I don't want to worry about this decision but he's slithered away far too many times already for me not to be just a tad concerned.

I doubt if he will slither away so easily in Peru, he doesn't have his father and he doesn't have all the others covering for him helping him keep one step ahead of the law. Peru knows what a high profile case this is, they know that he's wanted in Aruba and I think they'll make sure that every i is dotted and every t crossed but he'll be convicted in the end. So far it looks like Peru has been dotting their i-s and crossing their t-s.

And if he does slither away in peru, the FBI will be there waiting for him so he won't be running home to Aruba to pick up where he left off anytime soon.

Not even close to giving this a second thought. Peru has a Big dog in this fight, and Joran is a pup. Nothing can save his butt.

IMO

This isn't Aruba, it's Peru, he has no "connections" and he's accused of killing the daughter of a very wealthy Peruvian businessman/politician. I don't think he'll be walking out of prison anytime soon. :behindbar MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member