GUILTY Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #23

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, Marikesh, that Joran certainly wouldn't have given this TV interview for free. But I pray to God that no one actually paid him the one million bucks!!! :furious: :furious: :furious: If they did, I'm outraged...whatever happened to crime and punishment. I can't believe his crimes and actions could actually make him a millionaire.

I'm :furious:too!!!

I'm thinking,however, that the price was negotiated for a lot less because it appears no one from the US media was stepping up to pay the $million. I'm going to guess that the Dutch will sell this to the US media and they're the ones who will come out making the big money.

Just wish the Appeals Court would put out their decision!! I can't understand why Castro Castro allowed this interview.

I'm :furious:too!!!

I'm thinking,however, that the price was negotiated for a lot less because it appears no one from the US media was stepping up to pay the $million. I'm going to guess that the Dutch will sell this to the US media and they're the ones who will come out making the big money.

Just wish the Appeals Court would put out their decision!! I can't understand why Castro Castro allowed this interview.

Why Castro Castro allows the interview, b/c the whole world is watching and they want to appear favorable, imo.
You're probably right about the sum being alot less...the show is only 30 minutes and some of that time is commercials apparently.

I believe Joran was happy to give his new conspiracy story to someone gullible enough to believe it. It could be believable if Joran had been a big name in politics or something useful but he has not been such. He has a big name for fraud, deceit, lies, gambling addiction, and of course either missing or murdered companions. I hope Garcia gets himself a good lawyer b/c it seems he is the brunt of the conspiracy...him and FBI.
As far as Joran complaining about the Justice system and he wasn't given proper counsel in Castro Castro...if I was the Judge I'd send him packing to Lurigancho since he's so dissatisfied with Castro Castro style.

Here's another article from a Dutch newspaper about the TV interview with JVDS. It contains a 3+ min. interview with John van den Heuvel, Joran's interviewer. Unfortunately, it's all in Dutch...but if anyone here can translate some of the more salient points, it would be helpful.

The video does have 1 or 2 shots of Joran being interviewed.

Also, van den Heuvel mentions ABC, CBS and CNN toward the end....but I don't know in what contect!!! :banghead:

http://translate.google.com/transla...6/__Exclusief_gesprek_met_Joran_in_cel__.html

The video is basically a teaser to get people to watch on monday. Van den Heuvel goes over all the hoops he had to jump to secure an interview with VDS. He had been trying since June. Anita had him put on VDS visitors list and he had to get some signatures from higher ups, including minister of justice.
Wonder how much bribe money was involved if any.. Anyway he says that Joran has pretty well adjusted to his new digs and has some interesting things to say in this interview. As to CNN, ABC and CBS, they have been constantly on the phone/ in contact with van den Heuvel/Telegraaf on any updates as to the anticipated interview/news on VDS.
Apparently they could not get an interview, only Van Den Heuvel/De Telegraaf could. Van den Heuvel said , they all (CNN, ABC, CBS) just have to wait till Monday. I suspect quite some money will change hands for that interview tape.

Thank you for the translation, Rotterdam.

That this gets one dime or a minute of media face time is an outrage. :furious: Nothing has changed. With the help of his mother, he's turned his murdering ways into a lucrative career with him becoming the star of his own reality show.

Marikesh, I agree with you that they should throw his sorry a$$ in Lurigancho and let him swim with the sharks.

I don't know why anyone is listening it'll be nothing but lies anyway...JMHO

JVDS is loving the limelight and people should just let him rot in Castro Castro! I want the other investigations to shine on through in Thailand for I do believe Joran is a serial killer...JMHO

Justice for Natalee and Stephany!

The video is basically a teaser to get people to watch on monday. Van den Heuvel goes over all the hoops he had to jump to secure an interview with VDS. He had been trying since June. Anita had him put on VDS visitors list and he had to get some signatures from higher ups, including minister of justice.
Wonder how much bribe money was involved if any.. Anyway he says that Joran has pretty well adjusted to his new digs and has some interesting things to say in this interview. As to CNN, ABC and CBS, they have been constantly on the phone/ in contact with van den Heuvel/Telegraaf on any updates as to the anticipated interview/news on VDS.
Apparently they could not get an interview, only Van Den Heuvel/De Telegraaf could. Van den Heuvel said , they all (CNN, ABC, CBS) just have to wait till Monday. I suspect quite some money will change hands for that interview tape.

Thanks so much, Rotterdam, for the translation!! :dance: I never expected such a quick response, if any! I hope you will be so kind as to watch the TV show and provides us with highlights....that is, of course, if you're in the Netherlands or can find it on one of the internet tv websites!!

I'm becoming so disgusted that I'm almost ready to stop reading any more news about this jolly sporter!!! :furious: :furious:

This article says that, being the nice guy that he is, Joran's found his 'niche' in Castro Castro....teaching English to the prison guards.

It also states that he may soon be moved to the general population, but in a special unit for foreign prisoners, which apparently is where his buddy Ospina, the assassin, is now housed. He's asked to be moved to the same section as Ospina...but I bet it's less out of friendship and more for protection!!!

http://translate.google.com/transla...joran-van-sloot-geeft-engelse-les-in-cel.html

OK...I lied...I didn't stop reading!!!

This article confirms that William Tricket Smith has also been moved out of the special protection unit....away from Joran.

It's funny that, after that infamous photo of the 3 of them, both Ospina and Smith were moved out, but Joran got to stay in the protected section.....he must have been the only one to have been able to PAY for this privilege!!! :furious:

I say ship him to Lurigancho (sp?)...but I know that will never happen due to the high profile of his case. :banghead:

http://www.whptv.com/news/local/sto...rison-with/hWCC-B_TJkiagruHHJzYGA.cspx?rss=50

Thank you for the translation, Rotterdam.

That this gets one dime or a minute of media face time is an outrage. :furious: Nothing has changed. With the help of his mother, he's turned his murdering ways into a lucrative career with him becoming the star of his own reality show.

Marikesh, I agree with you that they should throw his sorry a$$ in Lurigancho and let him swim with the sharks.

Any money that JVDS will get, will end up to benefit guards , other prisoners, lawyers etc as protection money/special privileges etc.. As far as I am concerned, they are welcome to it. LOL, he will be the best thing that happened to that prison for a long time .
JVDS will not get his freedom in Peru for at least another 20 years providing he survives. No matter how much money he will manage to rake in, he will remain a prisoner and his money will be milked away by his entourage.
The people(Judges) that will decide on his fate, are elected officials. Unless they are suicidal, JVDS will stay put in Peru. Remember was happened to Maximo Alto, had to go in hiding, office windows smashed in and he is only his lawyer.
JVDS committed his last murder in the wrong country.

Any money that JVDS will get, will end up to benefit guards , other prisoners, lawyers etc as protection money/special privileges etc.. As far as I am concerned, they are welcome to it. LOL, he will be the best thing that happened to that prison for a long time .
JVDS will not get his freedom in Peru for at least another 20 years providing he survives. No matter how much money he will manage to rake in, he will remain a prisoner and his money will be milked away by his entourage.
The people(Judges) that will decide on his fate, are elected officials. Unless they are suicidal, JVDS will stay put in Peru. Remember was happened to Maximo Alto, had to go in hiding, office windows smashed in and he is only his lawyer.

Amen to that.

Thank you for the translations.

Thanks, Rotterdam! Although I agree with you, I definitely needed to hear it. I also agree with FLNY in that I get so frustrated and disgusted with JVS and how he always seems to come up smelling like a rose. He's manipulated and screwed over so many people for so long. But I'm not willing to give up hope that I'll live to see the day that justice has been done for both Natalee and Stephany. It's been five long years already so what's another couple of years, right?

You know, I really have to say that I have a tremendous amount of respect for Stephanie's family. It's amazing that they hear all this garbage that Joran is getting away with and still remain so civilized & willing to let justice take it's own course. It apparently would be so easy for them to hire someone to "take care of Joran" & end his career as a celebrity. I'm not sure I could restrain myself if I were in their situation.

You know, I really have to say that I have a tremendous amount of respect for Stephanie's family. It's amazing that they hear all this garbage that Joran is getting away with and still remain so civilized & willing to let justice take it's own course. It apparently would be so easy for them to hire someone to "take care of Joran" & end his career as a celebrity. I'm not sure I could restrain myself if I were in their situation.

I agree, faw. Her family has displayed so much class and grace. Could be they're just biding their time, however. One can still hope. :angel:

One of the points that Joran's lawyer is going to argue is that police too quickly concluded that Joran was responsible, and that they didn't properly process the body. I understand that normal procedures include the victim being placed in a body bag, and a medical examiner taking a reasonable period of time to examine the body. Instead, due to family pressure and connections, Stephanie was placed in a coffin, and buried within days. There are also questions about why the video of Joran is so clear when typical hotel video is grainy, in addition to several other legal arguments.

One of the points that Joran's lawyer is going to argue is that police too quickly concluded that Joran was responsible, and that they didn't properly process the body. I understand that normal procedures include the victim being placed in a body bag, and a medical examiner taking a reasonable period of time to examine the body. Instead, due to family pressure and connections, Stephanie was placed in a coffin, and buried within days. There are also questions about why the video of Joran is so clear when typical hotel video is grainy, in addition to several other legal arguments.

Frankly, that always bothered me too. With that camera pointing exactly at his room . Van den Heuvel also mentioned that a camera was not there anymore to record at that specific angle.
The video of him entering/leaving lobby was of different quality IMO, more typical hotel type. Maybe he was under surveillance by the FBI. Still that does not take away from the fact that he was the only person with Stephany up to her violent murder. Plus all the other forensic evidence, blood etc.

Frankly, that always bothered me too. With that camera pointing exactly at his room . Van den Heuvel also mentioned that a camera was not there anymore to record at that specific angle.
The video of him entering/leaving lobby was of different quality IMO, more typical hotel type. Maybe he was under surveillance by the FBI. Still that does not take away from the fact that he was the only person with Stephany up to her violent murder. Plus all the other forensic evidence, blood etc.

Joran's lawyer also wants to know more about the role that Elton Garcia played. He not only invited Joran to Peru, but there was information that Garcia paid for the hotel (according to Joran), and that Garcia was the person that sent police to Joran and to his hotel. The lawyer wants to know if the FBI had any involvement with Joran's travels in Peru. If the video feed was from a separate surveillance system, then it would be easy to argue that someone could have tampered with the footage.

Stephany's father said that Stephany had evidence under her nails, but I think she was buried too fast for proper analysis of that evidence. Evidence of blood on Joran's things in the hotel room doesn't mean much unless Joran can be connected to the actual murder ... connecting Joran to the room is not a problem, but it doesn't imply guilt.

Another problem with the surveillance video is that the time on the room camera was 20 minutes different than the time on the front desk camera. I always found that to be unusual. I also thought it was unusual for such a cheap hotel to have such sophisticated equipment, and that the footage was still available days later.

Joran's lawyer also wants to know more about the role that Elton Garcia played. He not only invited Joran to Peru, but there was information that Garcia paid for the hotel (according to Joran), and that Garcia was the person that sent police to Joran and to his hotel. The lawyer wants to know if the FBI had any involvement with Joran's travels in Peru. If the video feed was from a separate surveillance system, then it would be easy to argue that someone could have tampered with the footage.

Stephany's father said that Stephany had evidence under her nails, but I think she was buried too fast for proper analysis of that evidence. Evidence of blood on Joran's things in the hotel room doesn't mean much unless Joran can be connected to the actual murder ... connecting Joran to the room is not a problem, but it doesn't imply guilt.

Another problem with the surveillance video is that the time on the room camera was 20 minutes different than the time on the front desk camera. I always found that to be unusual. I also thought it was unusual for such a cheap hotel to have such sophisticated equipment, and that the footage was still available days later.

When Jean Casarez was reporting from Peru, she said surveillance cameras were very common and everywhere in Peru. I don't see much problem with the time being off. Hell, none of my clocks in my house are ever in sync. I also recall reading that the (original) camera was removed for investigatativve purposes which might explain why it's now a different camera or pointed at a different angle.

I'd like to know more about Garcia, too. But I'm not buying into any conspiracy theories and I don't believe they're going to have much problem with the evidence they have on him. They've got everything except video of him actually commiting the murder.

Or maybe that's your point?

These are all issues raised previously. Now these issues will be raised formally, maybe, while media winds cycle and gather further self sustaining frustrations in promises of perpetual motion, all in the perpetual garden of some Dutchman, who says he is immortal and important along with others who agree, but dont have the brains of sand set to drop on the bonfire.
Some things never change in Olympus. :dance:

Just saw this on Yahoo...sorry if it has already been posted.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100906/ap_on_re_eu/eu_netherlands_van_der_sloot

Thanks, karma-girl. Very interesting. I can't help but wonder if this is just another in a long line of confessions that he'll later retract. He's made quite the career of doing this whenever he needs attention (or money).

Love this quote:

"I wanted to get back at Natalee's family — her parents have been making my life tough for five years,"

Really, Joran? Really? Why would that be, do ya think? :waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members