GUILTY Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone read the National Enquirer? They had a front page story (I read the headlines in the grocery checkout line) that said Joren had put Natalie in a tomb or something.

You never know about those headlines though - they rarely match the actual story.

Salem

Here's a link: http://www.nationalenquirer.com/

But I couldn't find the story. Maybe they will post it next week after the issue expires??

I did see some info online about that this morning when I was looking up the stabbing. Here's what was in The Daily Mail...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ew-evidence-mystery-death-teenage-beauty.html

JVDS knows perfectly well there's still money to be made off the story of Natalee Holloway's death. There's no way he's telling the truth for free to a fellow inmate.

MOO, of course.

Anyone read the National Enquirer? They had a front page story (I read the headlines in the grocery checkout line) that said Joren had put Natalie in a tomb or something.

You never know about those headlines though - they rarely match the actual story.

Salem

Here's a link: http://www.nationalenquirer.com/

But I couldn't find the story. Maybe they will post it next week after the issue expires??

This has been rumor/speculation for a long while. There was another young blond woman about the same age as Natalee (Jalitza Weaver/Wever) that died around the same time Natalee went missing. Speculation was that Natalee was put in her coffin with her or instead of her.

Also Yolanda Wever (mother of Guido Weaver who was a 'person of interest' at one time) owned a mortuary and crematorium. Speculation was that Paulus arranged through Yolanda to have Natalee either buried in a coffin with another body or cremated.

(Lots of Wevers/Weavers surround this ongoing saga.)

As for Joran finding God and attending Church, it's not uncommon for murderers close seeing the death penalty or being condemned to Hell for their actions to find religion.

JVDS knows perfectly well there's still money to be made off the story of Natalee Holloway's death. There's no way he's telling the truth for free to a fellow inmate.

MOO, of course.

Sadly, everyone around Joran seems to know there is money to be made on stories involving him and Natalee and/or Stephany, so very little that is being said can be believed. I question whether the National Enquirer even spoke to someone in the prison or just made the whole story up. I'm guessing they are just making stuff up to sell papers because it's too easy to use "fellow inmates" as a source. It's not like they are ever held accountable for the lies they print.

MOO

Ok - I HAVE the latest Natl. Enquirer... here's a few lines from the article:

...Natalee's body was hidden inthe coffin of a decased Aruban - thanks to a payoff to a funeral home worker. ...initially Natalee's remains were concealed in a shallow grave on the beach where she died until arrangements could be made to slip her body into the coffin the night before the legitimate funeral. Joran bragged that he deleted from his computer all references to Natalee's death, but FBI agents, skilled at recovering deleted data, believe e-mails confirming his macabre story are still on the laptop's hard drive.
...told his fellow inmate he had murdered Natalee in a rage (no surprise there!!) because she refused to have sex with him. He hurriedly buried her body in a shallow, sandy grave - and later hid it in an above-ground crypt with a decased Aruban!

there is more, but I probably shouldn't type anymore... I guess you'll have to wait to buy it or next week!

" 'At the request of the judiciary in Peru may give to the inmates to serve their sentence in their country of origin', Foreign Minister Garcia Belaunde said in an interview with Radio Nederland, after holding a meeting with his Dutch counterpart.

He said that the agreement does not specifically refer to the case of Dutch Joran van der Sloot , who is accused of murder, but with the large number of Dutch convicted in Peru for drug cases."

http://translate.google.com/transla...-entre-peru-holanda-favoreceria-van-der-sloot

Since this allows the Dutch to serve their SENTENCE in the Netherlands, I can't see that this would apply to JVDS right now because he has not yet been sentenced. I hope that this never applies to him. He deserves to spend his sentence rotting in the squalid and dangerous Peruvian prisons. MOO

Bad News and Good News re: Peru, Netherlands agreement

Bad News:
"Under the accord, if a prisoner received a longer sentence in Peru than the maximum under Dutch law, the sentence would be reduced, the Dutch ministry said."

Good News:
"But each country has the right to deny the prisoner's transfer request."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43010319/ns/world_news-americas/

Let's hope Stephanie's family has enough clout to have any JVDS request for transfer DENIED!!!!

Speculation that Natalie died in the same way as Stephanie makes sense to me because the same person is accused ... speculation that the parents were involved in covering up a murder doesn't seem to be based on anything except an inability to explain how Joran made Natalie disappear. Everyone knows that's a problem ... but cooking up a scenario that blames the parents just doesn't work for me.

I think there are plenty of people who absolutely believe the father was heavily involved in the disposal of the body and the cover up.

I believe he did. but he's dead, so we'll never know, cause even if JVDS tells the truth eventually, he cannot be believed.

personally I don't even think its a reach, I think its rather obvious. but its based as much on the way he acted as anything else.

Bad News and Good News re: Peru, Netherlands agreement

Bad News:
"Under the accord, if a prisoner received a longer sentence in Peru than the maximum under Dutch law, the sentence would be reduced, the Dutch ministry said."

Good News:
"But each country has the right to deny the prisoner's transfer request."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43010319/ns/world_news-americas/

Let's hope Stephanie's family has enough clout to have any JVDS request for transfer DENIED!!!!

I'm watching the 2010 TV movie "Justice for Natalie Holloway.' The movie depicts everything that happened to Stephanie from JVDS original story, about the computer, etc.

I hate that, but it makes the point that Stephanie's father makes a phone call to "Interpol" , when he found out JVDS had fled the country.
That may or may not have happened.

What did happened was: JVDS has killed a daughter of the ruling class in a nation that does not coddle criminals, not to mention foreigners who come to their country and kill its daughters.

They are never going to let him go. period.

What happened in Aruba was he killed a foreigner in a country where his father was a member of the judiciary, and he helped his son evade responsibility. at least, maybe more.

They were never going to prosecute him. period.

so, in the end, he's done. karma, God, call it whatever you wwant. its over for him.

thankfully.

I though the movie was misleading when it was portraying as if Stephanie and Joran were flirting. Certainly it does not appear to be the case that she went up to his hotel room to flirt with him.

I though the movie was misleading when it was portraying as if Stephanie and Joran were flirting. Certainly it does not appear to be the case that she went up to his hotel room to flirt with him.

Agreed. I watched the first fifteen minutes and turned it off.

Joran van der Sloot could serve part of his sentence in the Netherlands if he is convicted of murdering Stephany Flores.

May 16, 2011

THE HAGUE, Netherlands - Under an agreement signed Thursday, Dutch murder suspect Joran van der Sloot could serve part of his sentence in the Netherlands if he is convicted of the murder of Peruvian Stephany Flores.

The foreign ministers of the two countries agreed that Dutch prisoners in Peru and Peruvians jailed in the Netherlands can apply to complete their prison terms in their homeland once their appeal process has been completed.

<<<<<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://www.wkrg.com/alabama/article...d-to-netherlands/1206962/May-16-2011_1-43-pm/

This translation is very poor, but I believe this article from Peruvian newspaper El Comercio is saying:

(1) JVDS will plead guilty to the murder of Stephanie since that will limit his maximum jail term to 20 years. (Looks like JVDS realizes he can't talk his way out of this one!!!)

(2) His lawyer Altez says JVDS "is not a danger to society and 'has been the victim of circumstances', but noted that Van der Sloot has to receive treatment."

(3) This week, a NY lawyer came to Peru. "United States attorney Aldo Cotroneo...will design the Dutch defense against extradition to the U.S. justice system ....At no time Joran requested money, it was they who offered money to Joran" (Oops, he's back to lies again on this one!! Guess JVDS wants to avoid trial in the US which could send him back to prison after his release in 20 years from Peru.)

(4) Here's a shocker: "Cotroneo reported that the Dutch intend to sue the State of Chile because he believes that his removal from the Southern country was conducted on an irregular basis and before giving [him] to Peru was due to conduct extradition proceedings." (This guy just never knows when to quit!!!)

http://translate.google.com/transla...se-declararia-culpable-crimen-stephany-flores

As always, my comments abpve are MOO.

In this US news article, JVDS may not plead guilty after all....

"Van der Sloot's defense indicates he'll plead guilty if charged with manslaughter but would plead innocent if charged with murder. Murder carries a 35 year sentence. The formal sentence for manslaughter is 20 years but it's frequently reduced."

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localn...der-case/Uhx9xV5JjE6uz3aY61RPww.cspx?rss=1659

That's not what I understood from the Peruvian article above....but, then again, it (or I) may have gotten 'lost in translation'!!!

"Max Altez, van der Sloot's Peruvian lawyer for the past year, has quit the case citing differences in defense strategy. Radio Netherlands Worldwide indicates there was also an issue of Altez not being paid.

Altez' resignation comes at a particularly inopportune time for van der Sloot. He's scheduled for a hearing in the death of Stephany Flores June 8."

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localn...-resigns/lV2Nq5q6kE6uXiRrVtj5Vg.cspx?rss=1659

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy!!! - MOO

"Altez is fed up with arguing with his client about money and the defence strategy to be followed. His resignation is likely to delay Van der Sloot's trial, reports the Telegraaf.

The lawyer has also had to contend with American lawyers who are also representing Van der Sloot. Last week one of them said the Dutchman is prepared to face extradition to the US. But Altez said this is nonsense because Peru does not have an extradition treaty with the US.

The resignation also comes at an inopportune moment, with Van der Sloot due to face a pro-forma hearing in Peru next week. The public prosecutor will present evidence in the death of Stephany Flores and her father will be in court."

http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2011/05/joran_van_der_sloot_loses_his.php

Well, they say he is due his trial within 18 months. So if his attorney quits, then give him a new one and get the show on the road!

LOL, I see from comments in some of the articles linked above, the Joran is Innocent crowd hasn't give up. He's framed, Stephanie isn't dead, bs, bs, bs................

Sorry guys, your guy is going down! To extradition treaty with the U.S.

Sorry charlie! ;)

just sayin'
fran
:floorlaugh:

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. Heck, even his own mom is disgusted by him. How does anyone think he'll keep the attention of a lawyer, and for free!? :behindbar:

"Altez is fed up with arguing with his client about money and the defence strategy to be followed. His resignation is likely to delay Van der Sloot's trial, reports the Telegraaf.

The lawyer has also had to contend with American lawyers who are also representing Van der Sloot. Last week one of them said the Dutchman is prepared to face extradition to the US. But Altez said this is nonsense because Peru does not have an extradition treaty with the US.

The resignation also comes at an inopportune moment, with Van der Sloot due to face a pro-forma hearing in Peru next week. The public prosecutor will present evidence in the death of Stephany Flores and her father will be in court."

http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2011/05/joran_van_der_sloot_loses_his.php

Would love to know who these American lawyers are.

I'm so not surprised Altez is bailing on this loser. Only that it took him this long.

:seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member