Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Steadfast , the bat was found in the hotel room.

I wonder where the bat was before they "found" it in the hotel room?

"Stephany Flores was fully clothed and there were no signs she had been sexually abused, the chief of Peru's criminal police, Gen. Cesar Guardia, told The Associated Press.

"The room was a complete mess," he said in an interview. He added that no potential murder weapon was found, indicating the killer may have used his bare hands."

BBM

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/06/03/joran-van-der-sloot-prime_n_598881.html

Is Jean C's statement correct and current - that Joran is still not back in Peru? Thank you in advance. [daggum, can't even take a break for dinner without getting behind on all of this.]

Well, we DO know...
She's dead.
She was murdered.
Joran was the last one with her.
In HIS room.
He left....fled....
It's on video.
That's plenty for me.

I don't understand your reluctance to believe him guilty.:banghead:

I never said he was not guilty and have been on for 2 full days, and the facts have changed considerably. I like clarification personally before I pass judgement.

Just keep in mind that the funerals as well as the forensics in Peru are different than they are in this county, But if because of the culture they are use to burying first and then going back to get DNA then this is not the first case it has happened with, But because it si done differntly than our own Country does not mean that is was not done right....I have faith that Peru will get this right, I don't think we have to worry about JVS walking away from this mes that he again created.

Did they say that? For sure? I didn't hear that but I'm trying to watch and keep up on here so I may have missed it.

On NG, they are saying that LE confirmed that to their producers, but I read an AP article that stated they found a tennis racket in his room. Who knows what is true?

The funeral yesterday was too soon, and we are used to having our top notch forensics here, so now it is making me nervous too~Hopefully the DNA under Stephany's fingernails was taken before burial.
Many cultures and beliefs have immediate burials, and my thoughts are maybe she wasn't embalmed, she'd already been in the hotel room for three days, and I don't see anything odd about the funeral yesterday. At least her remains are buried and not cremated, so if there is any need for further examination, she's there. MOO

I wonder where the bat was before they "found" it in the hotel room?

"Stephany Flores was fully clothed and there were no signs she had been sexually abused, the chief of Peru's criminal police, Gen. Cesar Guardia, told The Associated Press.

"The room was a complete mess," he said in an interview. He added that no potential murder weapon was found, indicating the killer may have used his bare hands."

BBM

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/06/03/joran-van-der-sloot-prime_n_598881.html

If his hands aren't bruised and bloodied I would guess he kicked her to death personally. That would easily lead to death by blunt trauma, the broken neck, the eye socket damage, etc....

I thought that was strange too but then again it is not the US. Maybe they don't spend years before going to trial there while awaiting all the experts to analyze everything in site 14 different ways.

Or it could be that they have already decided he is guilty and so they don't need to bother.:dance:

I agree. They may have plenty of solid incriminating evidence already.
And because of the international spotlight, it will not be a kangaroo court either.

I never said he was not guilty and have been on for 2 full days, and the facts have changed considerably. I like clarification personally before I pass judgement.

Thanks for bringing balance and another POV to the thread KR2--:) Sorry don't have a button for that :angel: or I wouldn't have posted off topic.

On NG, they are saying that LE confirmed that to their producers, but I read an AP article that stated they found a tennis racket in his room. Who knows what is true?
Maybe a tennis racket was also found but it wasn't the murder weapon? :waitasec:

If you were him and went and got coffee to come back and find this girl dead in your room, would you hang around?

No loopholes this time. imo

Why does Jane, covering for Nancy have to put Stephany's brother through all the pain of re-living over and over again what he saw etc., etc. I am so disgusted. :furious:

Why would Jane state that "the American people want to know if you identified your sister's body"? :furious:

Many cultures and beliefs have immediate burials, and my thoughts are maybe she wasn't embalmed, she'd already been in the hotel room for three days, and I don't see anything odd about the funeral yesterday. At least her remains are buried and not cremated, so if there is any need for further examination, she's there. MOO

Hi, Panthera. I have heard of instances in the U.S. where the funeral shortly preceded some forensics. It might be that the police investigators did not want to interfere with the funeral and burial plans of this deeply grieving family or that they decided that this intensely followed case warranted more extensive forensic works.

Maybe a tennis racket was also found but it wasn't the murder weapon? :waitasec:

Oh Panthera, thank you!! I refreshed my screen and your post just broke all my tension with laughter... I needed that:blowkiss:

(not sure why I found it funny, it was one just one of those moments)

It is difficult for me to stand firmly on any of this ever-shifting sand. JMO.

The funeral yesterday was too soon, and we are used to having our top notch forensics here, so now it is making me nervous too~Hopefully the DNA under Stephany's fingernails was taken before burial.

Don't believe they would need a scintilla of DNA evidence to convict him in this case, even though they may have it. IMO, there's more than enough without it.

If you were him and went and got coffee to come back and find this girl dead in your room, would you hang around?

No loopholes this time. imo

I can't wrap my head around the notion that some bat wielding murderer laid in wait, for him to go for coffee, to murder her, in Joran hotel room...with some sort of invisibility cloak (cause they're not on video)

Nor do I believe that Jordan is the unluckiest guy on the face of the planet to be the last one seen with young women right before the go missing, or dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Placebo