Photo Comparisons: KC in July and January

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm out of step with everyone on reading KC's demeanor.
I've always seen a lot of remorse, guilt, and anxiety on her face, despite what was coming out of her mouth. I even think her excessive partying and shopping may have been some type of coping mechanism.
Now, in the new pics, I see a kind of desperation and desire to be rescued and go home. I think that getting out of jail is the only thing on her mind.
I do think she may be mentally ill.
My dh calls this situation the "perfect storm" and I thought that was very apt.

The word that came to me is "calmer". Maybe being in jail is less stressful in some ways, she no longer has to keep up the tangled web of lies, she can refuse to see her mom whenever she wants, and she is isolated from the realities of the world.

Or I could be totally wrong :)

that's what i was thinking :)

Repetition, I know, sorry. Such a tragedy all the way around. What a waste of human potential, primarily for Caylee, but for her as well. This is the most perplexing and sad set of negative circumstances I have ever encountered.

I think that getting off of alcohol and/or any type of drug is going to make a difference in a person's appearance too.

As far as KC, I thought I noticed redness around the eyes, but a definite lack of emotion, however, considering they found her child.

:chicken:

ITA....alcohol/drugs and little sleep - as we saw by her phone/text logs - takes it's toll on a person. She seems to have lost that self assured, almost cocky (no pun intended), edge to her. Maybe she feels like she's not constantly "running away" from something. Perhaps she'll eventually take responsibility for her actions. JMO

ETA : I don't know about anyone else, but the video of her walking into court.....into silence, with the chains dragging gave me chills.

Repetition, I know, sorry. Such a tragedy all the way around. What a waste of human potential, primarily for Caylee, but for her as well. This is the most perplexing and sad set of negative circumstances I have ever encountered.

ITA. :clap:

I have ignored the talk about her looks improving her chances of an acquital, as I think she looks like a normal American 22 yr old most of the time.

Now, with her looks improved to an almost 'sweetness' - I think the prosecution may have a problem getting a unanimous guilty verdict. It is at least possible anyway. (shrug)

I also didn't think the remarks about her looks would have anything to do with the outcome to her trial.

However, she does look softer, and yes there is a certain sweetness to the cover of the book now. The Jury will sit in a courtroom and have to reconcile the atrocity of the crime with the woman sitting there.

Aren't defendents coached prior to the start of a trial as to body language, etc? Aren't they dressed in such a way to invoke the most compassionate response from the jurors? I don't know anything about this subject but if this is true, what I have described above being a possibility, she may just may be able to persuade one juror in her favor.

How bout if we shift this to how a juror might view her appearance and what, if any impact will that have on her trial?
keep it constructive

Well, she isn't going to look guilty to a jury imho. Along with all the remarks in her defense and against a crusading prosecution, along with possibly her poor distraught parents in the court room - acquittal/hung jury, something along those lines.

Her appearance will play a huge role. Like I said earlier -- she will be dressed in a Sunday school dress for trial - looking even younger.

I think the jury will be affected and the general public may begin to swing somewhat as more appearances are seen.

Don't want to burst bubbles here or be a pain in the hiney..but.. I'm a photogragher and the "softer" look is coming from two very important factors. The second (most recent) set of photos are not fully sharp which is what we photographers do when we try to soften a portrait. This could be due to the copying or the video camera could have been slightly out of focus. The second thing about those shots is the lighting is much more diffused than the originals which was quite harsh and caused her to look more contrasty and angular. If you take a close look at #3 you'll see that despite the soft focus and diffused lighting, the new photo still shows she has dark circles under the eyes. I will agree that she has gained a few pounds.

I have to admit the jurors may have a hard time believing that such a lovely young lady could be so evil. It might take a few of her trademark smirks to change their mind though. Also during jury selection I am sure that the defense will try to get as many men on that jury as possible.

I get the foloowing message when I click the links...

Ohdaisy, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Any ideas why?

OT, will she be allowed to put on makeup for the trial?

I get the foloowing message when I click the links...

Any ideas why?
You don't have enough posts yet. I wish I could give you some of mine, but no can do. get busy there sister. :)

If you look at the top two comparisons, the big difference I see is the way she holds her chin.

In the pic on the left (earlier pics), she tucks her chin under. Now, in the later pictures on the right, she holds her chin more rested and jutting out -- which I think is what makes her nose suddenly look "bigger" (as everyone was pointing out yesterday).

I'm sure there is a reason (body language experts??).....nerves, medication, defiant in one, relaxed and happy in another???
I think she's holding her head up a bit more now. I'm not sure if she looks better, though. I do know (from what I heard on the Today Show yesterday) she was really ticked about having to leave the jail. Actually, I gathered at first she said "NO". Whatever she said, she was not happy about having to come to court. She sure knows how to work those emotions, now doesn't she?

She looks better now. Softer somehow, rested. Earlier she looked hard, drawn, stressed out. These are about the only differences I see.

By trial time - they will have her dressed in a sunday school dress. :)

:clap: She's not around Cindy anymore!!??

She is leading the same life in jail as she led while at home. Mommy and Daddy doing all her work for her...except now, she has Mr.Baez in this role....why, in her mind, should she get out of bed and attend a "stupid" court hearing, when her attorney is" taking care of everything" and "making it all better"?.

I personally don't think the jury will be fooled by her innocent act or her looks. I think society has learned that not all killers look like the monster hiding under the bed. I think they will notice that the only emotion she shows is in regard to herself as testimony is given regarding her dead child. I think one example of a monster not only looking normal but charming, would be Ted Bundy.

I think we should give a jury enough credit to see the entire picture.

She does look detoxed and well rested. I would suppose she is on meds from her doctor. Also she is not receiving any information from the outside except what her little transistor, and Baez, give her. I really wonder if she knows how serious the evidence is against her.

The next reference to KC and Baez having an intimate relationship or KC being pregnant is going on a 7 day vacation.
Not that I would ever do any such thing, but are there airline tix and a hotel package attached to this? Any chance this vacay would be to a Caribbean destination? :D

Happy New Year, JB!:blowkiss:

Thanks for the answer JBean! No way will I ever catch ya! lol

To keep on topic.... I agree. She doesn't look like the same wild, partying KC we have all seen. Softer now. Surely they will show the jury all of the pics of her partying while her daughter is missing.

Not that I would ever do any such thing, but are their airline tix and a hotel package attached to this? Any chance this vacay would be to a Caribbean destination? :D

Happy New Year, JB!:blowkiss:
shoot I'd be the first one to bust TOS if that were the case.

happy new Year back atcha.

The jury will see her for what she is.
I hope they have plenty of Nana's, Poppa's and mommies in the jury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csiapril77