DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
InnocentBystander said:
How exactly does this play out.

"Honey, I ah, got to go somewhere..."

"On Christmas Eve?"

"Well, you know how it is.."

What wife is letting her husband go anywhere around that time?

Maybe an emergency Teach Signal flashed in the sky.

From what we are hearing he was very controlling. I doubt very much that she would have said a word to him.

InnocentBystander said:

"On Christmas Eve?"

Actually it would be Christmas Night.

InnocentBystander said:

"On Christmas Eve?"

I hear ya! Theorizing that he was indeed in Alabama, wouldn't he have had to leave at least a day before Christmas, attend the party where he met JBR (isn't that where he's saying he met her?), happen to find out that the Ramsey's will be at the White's for another Christmas gathering, and so on and so on? And how would he happen to know that where the Ramsey's would be celebrating so he could meet up with JBR? Isn't he saying that he met JBR at the gathering at the Ramsey's home? Sorry if these questions have been asked & answered before....some of these threads are getting pretty long so it's tough to go through each and every one of them with a fine tooth comb.

Speaking of fine tooth combs, I sure hope the investigators go through JMK's "confession" with a fine tooth comb.

To get into such a party you think his name would have to be on a list somewhere. Especially if no one knows him. I wonder if people at the party are looking through their pictures to see if he's in any.

That's true MrsMush99, but I think the rest of the family could of convinced him to stay. Why not put it off till the new year? Such a strange date to decide to do it. He would of have to gone to Boulder for this exact reason.
So how did he know of JB? The internet?

I just remembered actually, it would be the 23rd, cause according to Karr, he attended the Ramsey's party and that's the date they held it. Unless there were multiple parties.

Which makes his story even more implauseable

JBean said:
IN 1996 couldn't one fly under just about any name?
Pretty much, at least they didn't check the id too closely. A friend of mine flew to Hawaii using another friends id and non-refundable ticket. A group of guys were all going on a surfing trip and one of the guys had trouble with his girlfriend and couldn't go, so another guy used the ticket. All he did was use a drivers license that my friend had previously lost and then found, and the ticket. That's it. Scary, huh.

MrsMush99 said:
Wenchie, I understand what you are saying but his ex-wife claimed to have a PROOF that he was with her on Christmas 96. So far I haven't seen it. They attorney I heard last night said the picture they have is of his 3 sons, NOT HIM.
Did we hear her say she had proof, or did that come second-hand?

She might easily have assumed that since she KNEW he was home that Christmas (and ALL Christmases when they were married) that he would be in some of the photos.

I havent found anything from the ex wife saying she had proof. her lawyer said she was going to review her pics etc. I think it was the brother that said he thought he had photo proof of Christmas.

Pocono Sleuther said:
I agree with Mush. Since none of these pics have him IN the picture, they may as well be blank paper. It proves nothing.

WELL, DUH, SOMEONE HAS TO BE HOLDING THE CAMERA AND TAKING THE PICTURES........!!!

wenchie said:
Did we hear her say she had proof, or did that come second-hand?

She might easily have assumed that since she KNEW he was home that Christmas (and ALL Christmases when they were married) that he would be in some of the photos.
Last week she said he was with her while she was standing inside a closed door.

Her lawyer then said she would try and find some photos to either prove or disprove her recollection, and offered the photos with no JMK.

She is hanging on the fence.

The case will be proven or disproven with other evidence.

Sooo, still no Christmas Pics huh?

Poco, LMAO, yes, he was holding the camera!

I am NEVER in pics/vidoes, I am always the pic/video taker, I better make sure from now on I get in a pic or 2 on holidays, you never know when I may need an alibi.

Hmmm..this is odd. I don't know if any of you guys frequent fark.com, but I do. (I know, it's a bad place :) )

Under today's JBR thread there is a post by a farker from Denver who says his best friend's landlord is JMK's brother. And that the same person works for the "baddest @xx defense lawyers" and that they may be defending him. Here's the link the post is by a user named DirkValentine (scroll down to it).

http://forums.fark.com/cgi/fark/comments.pl?IDLink=2245207

So which brother lives in Colorado? I don't think this is a BS statement by this poster.

If JMK really did have something to do with this, I still think it was along with something seedy some of JBR's family members/acquaintances were involved with.

Has anyone located where Michael Karr lived in 1996? Or Nataniel (Nate)?

MrsMush99 said:
From what we are hearing he was very controlling. I doubt very much that she would have said a word to him.

That could well be, and yet one suspects that if he left on X-mass that would be quite memorable.

Do you suppose Karr was so obsessed that he concentrated and memorized details of the crime but didn't consider that his ex-wife might counter his confession and place him elsewhere on the murder date?

So many unanswered questions:
Not only would Karr have needed to be absent from AL on the day/evening of the murder, he would have needed to be in CO on 12/23, the date of the party, plus probably the day after the murder. Does anyone remember him? How would he have learned the Ramseys would be away?

Karr was supposedly dirt poor. How did he get money to be in CO? Did he drive there? Fly? Where did he stay? Eat? Rent a car? Someone must recall/have pictures/records.

Chrishope said:
That could well be, and yet one suspects that if he left on X-mass that would be quite memorable.

Maybe there was some blowup, and SHE left with the boys. Went to her parents' for safety. Stayed a few days, and when she came back, he was "still" there.

Who knows ... sounds like she used to hide from him, so if it was a relatively common occurrence, unfortunately it wouldn't have been out of the ordinary.

I just know that my Christmases have been so chaotic, what with visiting one family one day, then another the next, then throw in my son's birthday on the 26th, and I couldn't tell you much about which day I was where, even a couple of years ago. Add to that my husband visiting his mom for a day while I stayed at my parents or visited my brother, and there are surely days we were apart even though we "spent the holidays together."

It's still a bit of a stretch, but spending Xmas together isn't exculpatory yet.

Since we're now learning insanity runs in his family, I think the chances of him simply being a froot loop extraordinaire are increasing far faster than evidence of him being a devious criminal mastermind.

MrsMush99 said:
Wenchie, I understand what you are saying but his ex-wife claimed to have a PROOF that he was with her on Christmas 96. So far I haven't seen it. They attorney I heard last night said the picture they have is of his 3 sons, NOT HIM.

I know my husband was with my on every Xmas, and I would think that I have pictures of him each year...but I may not. I'd say I do...but I'd have to look. I personally think this picture thing isn't going to be an issue. Plenty of people are saying he was there...now if they have a print of his at the crime scene or DNA, then it's over for this guy. I just don't think they are going to find he was anywhere near the crime scene....at least not physically.

pinto said:
Maybe there was some blowup, and SHE left with the boys. Went to her parents' for safety. Stayed a few days, and when she came back, he was "still" there.

Who knows ... sounds like she used to hide from him, so if it was a relatively common occurrence, unfortunately it wouldn't have been out of the ordinary.

I just know that my Christmases have been so chaotic, what with visiting one family one day, then another the next, then throw in my son's birthday on the 26th, and I couldn't tell you much about which day I was where, even a couple of years ago. Add to that my husband visiting his mom for a day while I stayed at my parents or visited my brother, and there are surely days we were apart even though we "spent the holidays together."

It's still a bit of a stretch, but spending Xmas together isn't exculpatory yet.

Very true.

There are potential problems with this particular photo for establishing alibi: 1) it's undated 2) John Mark Karr doesn't appear in it.

There still may be other documentation that will establish that JMK was in Atlanta, GA for Christmas 1996, but this photo alone won't.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18
Back