Plea or Tip? Will there be an arrest?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
be aware that initial reports of a tipster are now being retracted by the PI that reported it.
As often is the case, either the reporter got it wrong or the PI took liberty with his statements.

Sounds like, at this point, we do not know how LE came to look where they did.

be aware that initial reports of a tipster are now being retracted by the PI that reported it.
As often is the case, either the reporter got it wrong or the PI took liberty with his statements.

Sounds like, at this point, we do not know how LE came to look where they did.

I think it was the reporter. When the article first appeared it read that he stated the she was found in the northeast section of Pala, when I read the article again hours later it had been "updated" per the site, and then read that he stated it was "his suspicion" that's where she was located. Geez. Still don't think it's JAG. Kerry Steigerwalt, a very prominent criminal defense lawyer here who I used to share office space with, gave an interview today (sorry I don't have the link I think it may be: signonsandiego.com) and stated that offering a deal taking the death penalty off the table in exchange for body location takes awhile to get together and he was doubtful it could be done within a week.

I think it was the reporter. When the article first appeared it read that he stated the she was found in the northeast section of Pala, when I read the article again hours later it had been "updated" per the site, and then read that he stated it was "his suspicion" that's where she was located. Geez. Still don't think it's JAG. Kerry Steigerwalt, a very prominent criminal defense lawyer here who I used to share office space with, gave an interview today (sorry I don't have the link I think it may be: signonsandiego.com) and stated that offering a deal taking the death penalty off the table in exchange for body location takes awhile to get together and he was doubtful it could be done within a week.
We see this time and time again. Unless it is a direct quote from LE, I don't give it any value. "LE said", or "someone says LE says" doesn't cut it. It needs to be a direct quote from an LE spokesperson.

Kerry was the one I heard yesterday say that as well.

He also stated the information could well have come from JAG ::prior:: to the arraignment in the early interviews (or something stemming out of them) with JAG prior to when he got the attorney (meaning that the information came from, or was gained, if JAG was the source, Sunday or Monday closer to when he was first arrested and the early interviews with JAG were going on.

I think the hiker rumor is only resurfacing because people.com was the one pushing that earlier and then were told to rescind it because that was inaccurate, but other sites (some examiner ones, etc. ) had already taken that information as gospel.

No signs of activity at Escondido City Hall an hour ago...media were there yesterday, so either the presser is elsewhere or not for awhile.

As in the noted this or noted that who will appear on NG and spout their opinions...they are just opinions, no more likely to be right than ours.

I agree, unless it comes from this particular LE branch handling the case, good chance it is distorted, innacurate, badly-worded or just plain wrong.

Might be OT depending on what this is about.
New Development: John Gardner Murder Case Back in Court Today
SAN DIEGO - An unexpected development arose Monday in the Chelsea King murder case.

A previously unannounced court hearing is scheduled for 2:00 for John Gardner, the man arrested on suspicion of Chelsea's rape and murder.

The hearing as listed as a "Felony Other Motion Hearing." The District Attorney's office would not comment on the hearing.

http://www.sandiego6.com/news/local...-Bernardo-jogging/zTLAKar0XUGyf78trbfHvg.cspx

Not sure if this has anything to do with Amber but it's interesting.

Kerry was the one I heard yesterday say that as well.

He also stated the information could well have come from JAG ::prior:: to the arraignment in the early interviews (or something stemming out of them) with JAG prior to when he got the attorney (meaning that the information came from, or was gained, if JAG was the source, Sunday or Monday closer to when he was first arrested and the early interviews with JAG were going on.

I think the hiker rumor is only resurfacing because people.com was the one pushing that earlier and then were told to rescind it because that was inaccurate, but other sites (some examiner ones, etc. ) had already taken that information as gospel.

No signs of activity at Escondido City Hall an hour ago...media were there yesterday, so either the presser is elsewhere or not for awhile.

Gore told a few reporters after the news conference in Escondido that there would be a news conference at the Sheriff's department Monday with more details of the case revealed. Monday morning the Sheriff's department announced there would be no news conference today.

http://www.sandiego6.com/news/local...dido-Chelsea-King/3WSDlxSD5UmLdlJnvhelsA.cspx

This really surprises me about Bill Garcia, being careless stating events. I really thought highly of him when I followed the Van Dam case. I believe he also got involved in the Lacy Peterson case, looking in fields and streams.

This really surprises me about Bill Garcia, being careless stating events. I really thought highly of him when I followed the Van Dam case. I believe he also got involved in the Lacy Peterson case, looking in fields and streams.
Howdy neighbor. Could be that the reporter embellished his comments.

Just a thought (maybe someone else had it and I missed it, things keep moving around :crazy:).

Some criminals keep a log, or a memory list type of thing. It is conceivably possible that when LE gathered JAGs belongings as evidence, they found something directing them to the location. (and maybe other locations we haven't heard about yet). Because somebody or something had to direct them there, and be pretty specific.

I was thinking maybe JAG's g/f or ex could have tipped LE off as to Amber's location. Perhaps JAG had a fondness for this area, or frequently hiked there or always took that route, when he could have taken another... and the friend/gf/ex noticed it. Serial killers often revisit where they buried their victims ... Perhaps (s)he felt they could come forward with their suspicions now that JAG is in custody and can't hurt them.

I was also thinking he could have kept detailed maps / information on areas of his victim(s) so that he would never "lose" them, and LE found these during searches of his residence(s).

RIP Amber.

My thought is that if he was doing electrical work in that area or for a client up there around that time, this client might have tipped police that Gardner was working for them up there in Feb of 09 once he was arrested for Chelsea's murder.

Too much of a coincidence for these not to be connected in some way so it will be interesting to see what went down. Someone talked....JG or girlfriend or someone. And that area WOULD be like looking for a needle in a haystack. They had to have known the precise location. Did LE find a map in possession of JG that marked where he dumped her? Maybe they found a map that had Kit Carson marked and this location so they went searching in both.

Howdy neighbor. Could be that the reporter embellished his comments.

Could be, but by 11, they were almost all saying the same thing that he had said. Wonder if they all pulled from the same original poor source, or if he really did insinuate more than he intended to? Because by 11, they were all changing the story to what Bill Garcia supposedly said. :waitasec:

((inject sarcasm: Michelle Bart is speaking for the Grandmother per this article))

At a press conference immediately following Gardner's arraignment on March 4, Maurice DuBois said "there are enough similarities" between the two cases that he was confident Dubois and King were both killed by Gardner.

DuBois' grandmother and the private eye the family initially hired to find Amber, however, believe someone other than Gardner else is responsible for killing the Escondido High School student who vanished Feb. 13, 2009. The M.O. [modus operandi] for Gardner doesn't fit," said Michelle Bart, spokeswoman Dubois' grandmother Sheila Welch. "He stalks his prey and waited for girls in secluded areas where he could take advantage of them. Amber was walking outside in plain sight with other kids on her way to school. She was excited to get to school that day. She had Valentines and wanted to buy a lamb."

The lamb was part of DuBois' project as a member of the Future Farmers of America.

"Someone had to get her attention, and it is likely it was somebody she knew or trusted," Bart said.

and this

Private investigator Bill Garcia, initially hired by the family to find Dubois, believes the tipster may have been sitting on the information and was compelled to come forward after a week of national news coverage about King's disappearance and a possible connection to DuBois.

Garcia also does not believe that Gardner is responsible for DuBois' death and that the tip likely came from inside the insular Pala Indian reservation.

more at link......

I wonder if Michelle Bart has taken note of the cases where JG has been out fishing for girls on public streets and around school activities???

http://www.sandiego6.com/news/local...lsea-King-Gardner/3WSDlxSD5UmLdlJnvhelsA.cspx

they have breaking news at the top of the page that says there is a link to Gardner and Amber!

The North County Times reporter on CNN just at the top of the hour said the same thing. Said he had talked with LE and that:

a) they were still processing Amber's crime scene
b) JAG was the "focus" of the investigation of Amber's death/case

Definitely hearing that from more sources now, and they're also emphasizing that Amber's parents, after what happened with Chelsea and as they learned more about that case, that they believed JAG was, unfortunately, also involved in Amber's case.

They keep stating it as if they're trying to say, without saying out right, that Amber's parents knew more last week than was being let on and that is why they had come to this conclusion, as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalo13