GUILTY (PLED) CT - Jeffrey, 56, & Jeanette Navin, 55, Easton, 4 Aug 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well if its wrong, it gave me a snicker too!
Reason being... few years back I went to work at Wal-Mart. They required a urine test. They made me leave jacket, purse and all in a locker at the lab. To top it off a nurse went in with me to be sure I was not substituting someone else's urine as my own. Do people do that? But yeah... AND when my daughter had to have a DNA test for her son, the nurse ID'd both of them and did the swab herself! (Orally).
SO. I am going to say, someone else probably plucked said hair for her...

:floorlaugh:

Is it wrong I laughed at her suffering the indignity of having the sample hairs plucked out?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

my guess is greed and it makes them crazy. they have a sense of entitlement that poor kids don't end up with.

Why do rich /well off kids kill their parents?

Why are they mad at growing up with everything.

my guess is greed and it makes them crazy. they have a sense of entitlement that poor kids don't end up with.

There are poor kids with that same entitlement, the ones who rob/murder.

Jennifer Valiante, Girlfriend Of Kyle Navin, Accused Of Murdering His Parents, To Get 8 Years In Prison - November 17th

Jennifer Valiante went to Home Depot to buy the contractor bags that her boyfriend, Kyle Navin, later used to wrap his dead parents in, according to prosecutors, but her defense lawyer says she had no idea he planned to murder them on Aug. 7, 2015.

The state also says she forged a check the day after Kyle’s mother disappeared, signing Jeanette Navin’s name, so Kyle could cash it. But Valiante’s lawyer says she didn’t know that, on the previous morning, Kyle Navin had shot his mother as she sat in his truck at a rest stop off the Merritt Parkway.

On Friday, Valiante, 33, a medical receptionist, pleaded guilty before Judge Robert Devlin in Bridgeport Superior Court to hindering prosecution, acknowledging her role in covering up the murders of Jeffery and the day after Kyle’s mother disappeared Navin, but maintaining that she had no idea her boyfriend intended to kill his parents and that she didn’t help him do so.

Kyle Navin, Charged With Killing Parents, Rejects Plea Deal - December 6th

Navin told Judge Robert Devlin in Superior Court in Bridgeport that his attorney, Eugene Riccio, “had made everything clear” regarding the plea deal and that he was rejecting it.

Navin was offered 60 years with the chance to argue for less if he pleaded guilty to the 2015 murders of his parents, Jeffrey and Jeanette Navin.

Devlin said he was going to put the case on the trial list for February. If Navin, 28, is convicted by a jury he faces a mandatory life sentence.

Fool is going to get life anyway. Dumba** should have taken the deal. Personally I think he should fry, but it goes to his entitled state-of-mind i.e., they won't convict me. blah blah blah

55 year sentence is too short, IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Wow, never expected this!! I first thought 55 years was too short too, but according to the article he will not be eligible for parole or early release, so it is essentially a life sentence. He's already 29 so it's doubtful he will leave prison alive.

One thing got my curiosity up though and I think it came from his attorney and that was this statement: " After court, Riccio said Kyle Navin “made this difficult decision for a number of reasons, which I cannot detail at this time.”

Sent from my N9132 using Tapatalk

Kyle Navin gets 55 years in prison for killing his parents
A man convicted of murdering his parents in 2015 was sentenced Friday in Bridgeport Superior Court to 55 years in prison.

Kyle Navin spoke in court for the first time, saying his actions were "disgraceful and it's disgusting -- everything from the beginning -- on my behalf." He also criticized the media for turning him into a "show pony."

Kyle Navin Gets 55 Years For 'Black-Hearted Crime' Of Killing His Parents
Judge Robert J. Devlin Jr. told Navin that killing his parents was a “black-hearted crime” and suggested to Navin that the crime of killing one’s parents is so exceedingly rare, it might explain some of the press attention. Killing one’s mother and father, Devlin said, “cuts against the fundamental characteristic of the human condition.”

“This is a horrific crime,” Devlin said. “There’s no other way to describe it. I mean, honestly, one can only imagine the horror of Jeanette Navin when her son pulls a gun on her and shoots her as she sat in that car.”

Jeanette Navin’s brother, Tom Baldesi, said his sister was a good-hearted person who could be counted on to do anything for anyone. Jeanette Navin’s friend, Cheryl Churchill, said Navin and her husband loved their son and were deeply pained by his drug problems.

“We worried together about how they couldn’t get Kyle the help he so desperately needed but would not accept,” Churchill said. In the final weeks of his life, Jeffrey Navin wasn’t his normal witty and funny self. “He was so concerned about Kyle he would think of nothing else,” she said.

Called "Lady MacBeth" Of Navin Murders, Jennifer Valiante Gets 8 Years In Prison

“You could have stopped this madness, you really could have but instead you fostered it,” Judge Robert Devlin told Valiante.

“That is why the family calls you the Lady MacBeth of this situation.”

“(Kyle Navin) would have listened to you and done whatever you told him to do,” Devlin said. “You could have stopped this with minimal effort but instead you didn’t say anything.”

<snipped>

Members of the Navin’s family had apparently criticized the sentence Valiante got for her role in the double murders. Valiante plead guilty to hindering prosecution.

DiJoseph said that since the state doesn’t have a charge of accessory to murder after the fact there wasn’t enough evidence to charge her with anything more serious than hindering prosecution.

“I spent a fairly significant amount of time with the Navin family explaining the evidence and the law and how this deal gives a certaintly of punishment that a trial would not,” DiJoseph said.​

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
a_renee
Back