GUILTY (PLED) CT - Jeffrey, 56, & Jeanette Navin, 55, Easton, 4 Aug 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
You know, I think that maybe this was an attempt by the parents to keep an eye on him and (maybe) ensure that he doesn't get in "trouble". I'm sure it wasn't easy for KN or his parents to have to deal with each other on a daily basis.

I would be a stark raving lunatic if I had to work for my parents -- and I actually love AND like them :)

I know. Ugh the texts do make my skin crawl too.
Little one... And others What else efficient little lover - vomit.

Speaking of which last week not to be overly "dramatical" I did physical get ill while reading the moms report ( gun shot torso AND extremities ) I am heartbroken as someone said.
Maybe I'm being or was played by a sociopath maybe you are right an 8-12 year old sociopath? That was the last time I let my kid who was KNs friend be over there. Two occasions I still have not shared here was enough of them for me. But it was not KN. or to Kn at all it was towards me - and that is why I am sooooo totally wrecked and haunted. I wish she was here to defend herself. I really do. I would love to talk to her. I wish they were safe and sound.
After that I did see her with other kids and mine is the schools she did a great job there. She really did.
Question:
Are sociopaths born or made? I'll have to do a search, I don't know much about these things ,heroin addicts and social psychopathy.
There were lots of times though that I brought my kids to tutors, Drs, therapists and other professionals though. I said no to lots of their ideas, let them fail sometimes too. I made them apologize.
So damned scary.
Really think about it .... the sociopath killer to be - right there on your school bus , in your house on a play date, kids school band, extra curricular team.

I know I have to get a grip.
I have to move.
{{{{{{everybody}}}}}}
Thanks

Mork, I appreciate all your candid posts. It is really fascinating to hear from someone who knew them all and saw them in action and knew them back when. I didn't mean at all for my post to sound harsh, and in re-reading it it sounded much harsher than I intended. The harshness was supposed to be directed at KN. I have known one person one who has been murdered and there was a clear-cut (random stranger/sex offender) villain and it was much easier to process that way. I really can't imagine the parallel situation with someone I had known for years from "around" -- I really can't.

To answer your question, the research says that it's a little bit of both. A friend of mine studies criminal psychopaths and finds lot of brain differences. Maybe KN had a head injury at a young age due to sports. I don't think you can missparent someone into sociopathy, but abusive parenting can certainly contribute, especially when there is a brain abnormality there to begin with.

Yes that is a good point.

You know, I think that maybe this was an attempt by the parents to keep an eye on him and (maybe) ensure that he doesn't get in "trouble". I'm sure it wasn't easy for KN or his parents to have to deal with each other on a daily basis.

I'm new looking at this case,I sort of think he was trying to set dad up and dad confronted him and he killed him in a confrontation.

wow. I am not surprised at all. :-(
2006- KN was a senior in HS
I could say there was evidence in my mind atleast from 5-6 years earlier too.
three examples indeed. So in my mind verbal and emotional abuse stemmed from BOTH parents.
hmmm although.( I could make a case for that house in bport and saddling a ( an irresponsible drug addled) young man with ridiculous accumulating debt is also stupid and very controlling) ( strange )
The crime is horrible, violent, heinous, premeditated, and clearly drugs fried both
KN and JV brains. WTH completely delusional. I think they are both going away for life.

Back to the evidence, I think it is fair to say that the basement door's busted glass must have caused injuries to KN which is why both he and his fathers dna/blood spatters are in the basement. I wonder if during LE interviews if KN had any hand or other injuries?
The blood print on garage opener ( in Easton) must have happened when he was transferring cars and trucks. I bet the little " going away on a trip " list in Easton was JV's touch. ( unplug the dehumidifier) she mentioned it in her interview!
That blood print probably set off all those searches around Easton. Although the whole time they were up here in Weston.

Yuck! SICK!

I feel so badly for the younger brother who was always a sweetheart , one child in my family went to school with him for 12 years.
I also feel terrible for the K family who were all there and found JN and JN. how awful for them.

I think we should go back and look at that account again of KN phone pings which showed him going back and forth westport, easton, and weston that day Aug 4th. Maybe he was trying to frame his dad and then had to change his plan because he came to Bport.
I bet he brought them up to weston in the middle of the night August 5. after the Home depot run.
Probably spent Aug, 6 "renovating" the basement.

Off Topic. I am now convinced I have PTSD from living in this area too long.

Thank you everyone for being here.

i have one those too. after nearly 17 years, I sent him to his dad. his grades are better, but his attitude still sucks (he can be a sweetie, he just thinks life is easy and that he will just be able to do what he wants, uh no. )

Without proof, I do not think I can blame or victimize the victims (the parents) about abuse. I have a son that is 16 and has been quite the handful for me since he was about 12. I have done everything in my power to try to teach him right-from-wrong. He is bound and determined right at this moment that I am the worst mom on the planet. Why? Because I try to "control" him. :rolleyes: His idea of control is that I will not allow him to drive his car without me (he only has a learner's permit), I will not allow him to buy cigarettes, I make him go to school, and I have the FindMyIphone app on his phone. Most of what he thinks is me controlling him is my refusal to allow him to do things that are illegal. He has told his friends that I am basically abusive because I am "controlling". He will tell anyone that listens that I do not want him in my house because "he is not good enough". Now, just 2 months ago, he was my little knight. He was kind, we had a great relationship, and we worked together. Teens are tough!

I do not know what went on behind closed doors in the Navin's house. However, to me, it seems that this "guy" just didn't adjust to well when it came to making good decisions on his own. I do not believe that his parents deserved what happened to them. This story just plain makes me sad. :(

my on has odd and adhd. he is 17 and gives us all sorts of hell.

how do you treat it? he has been to therapy and he used to take meds but doesn't anymore. he stopped going to therapy because he wouldn't talk to the damn therapist.

I have odd as well. im a fairly productive if not normal person. I just think "what if I don't want to?" all the time. I have learned to squelch it most of the time.

Did Kyle have behavior issues as a child?
https://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001537.htm
Symptoms of Oppositional Defiant Disorder:
  • Actively does not follow adults' requests
  • Angry and resentful of others
  • Argues with adults
  • Blames others for own mistakes
  • Has few or no friends or has lost friends
  • Is in constant trouble in school
  • Loses temper
  • Is spiteful or seeks revenge
  • Is touchy or easily annoyed

Undiagnosed/untreated Oppositional Defiant Disorder can lead to 'antisocial personality disorder' (sociopathy).
https://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000921.htm
A person with antisocial personality disorder may:
  • Be able to act witty and charming
  • Be good at flattery and manipulating other people's emotions
  • Break the law repeatedly
  • Disregard the safety of self and others
  • Have problems with substance abuse
  • Lie, steal, and fight often
  • Not show guilt or remorse
  • Often be angry or arrogant

I have a friend who is having major trouble with a child. Kid lies so convincingly that the cops have been called, CPS involved, etc. Liar. I have seen it with my own eyes. Kid is young too.

My own child lied and told the teacher that my husband punched him in the stomach. CPS investigation and the whole works. Unfounded. It was horrible.

It is too easy to have CPS do an investigation. It takes one phone call, one accusation, and your life can be turned upside down.

I am not saying it is black and white. J could have been abusive to K. But they gave him a job and bought him a house. Mom helped him do his job. They didn't have to do that. They didn't deserve to die. K is responsible for that at the end of the day. And what strikes me is the smirk on his face. By now he should be off his high and the enormity and permanence of his actions should be sinking in. It doesn't seem to be that way. I firmly believe he is the ringleader and JV, s*** stirrer though she may be, was along for the ride.

Maybe because I am a mom too, this case just stuck with me.

Did Kyle have behavior issues as a child?
https://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001537.htm
Symptoms of Oppositional Defiant Disorder:
  • Actively does not follow adults' requests
  • Angry and resentful of others
  • Argues with adults
  • Blames others for own mistakes
  • Has few or no friends or has lost friends
  • Is in constant trouble in school
  • Loses temper
  • Is spiteful or seeks revenge
  • Is touchy or easily annoyed

Undiagnosed/untreated Oppositional Defiant Disorder can lead to 'antisocial personality disorder' (sociopathy).
https://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000921.htm
A person with antisocial personality disorder may:
  • Be able to act witty and charming
  • Be good at flattery and manipulating other people's emotions
  • Break the law repeatedly
  • Disregard the safety of self and others
  • Have problems with substance abuse
  • Lie, steal, and fight often
  • Not show guilt or remorse
  • Often be angry or arrogant

Kn- no not to my knowledge and or observation of him at all as a small kid through middle school.

But the mother was a para at his school a very small system so it is possible that she ran some interference at times. Again my kid KNs age went to another school 9-12. And did not stay in touch.

No judgments about extreme toys -The fact that kn had toys like dirt bikes etc at a young age ( in my opinion) may be something to look at about his behavior at home. That we may not know about. Maybe these were tied into bribes / manipulation for good behavior-?
Seriously they were the only family I knew in town that had toys like that around. No judgments.

The lawyer told the judge - no former arrests.
Brother said that the dcf investigation - their relationship had always been like " that" verbal abuse is all we know from that report. To my knowledge.

Now - wth -that mugshot of him smiling is strange as anything. That in my opinion shows how messed up he really is. think about it. Why? ( smile for the camera)

Also I just want to make sure , you all know that every single thing I've said here in no way reflects that I think he kn was just in his actions, or that j and j were deserving, or that kn doesn't deserve the full extent of the law and punishment. Really.

I'm just going over and over and over in my head things that haunt me. Trying to understand how the hell these things happen.
Why it is happening here? I think we have a huge problem in this state. Not to even mention sandyhook.

When I was growing up I didn't know anyone who had committed murder and or suicide.
My kids in their 20s now went to school with kn - Lisa gionis s kids- and the granatas.
You can look them up. :-(
Oh yeah the pd said worst things suicides and car crashes. He Minimized it.
When the school superintendent hangs herself and a mom lights herself on fire in the middle of town. I'd say we've got some serious problems.

Families are far too isolated. It's tragic.
Please accept my apologies for these rambling posts.

No job, no house, and he was an addict. It seems like he was desperate and felt like this was the solution.

Yep, you got it -- I would also add, "no brains" to the list. IMO.

Originally posted by Skigirl:
I think they probably did. He was being seen at a spine/pain clinic in Trumbull after his most recent work-related injury. I would imagine that his parents had a hand in getting him referred there and that J&J had a hand in paying the claims. The warrant revealed that an anonymous tipster said that he was kicked out of the program for testing positive for heroin in a routine screen, and it's hard for me to believe that they wouldn't have found that out, even if it was technically PHI, since they were footing the bill, in all likelihood.

I think HPPA laws would prevent the clinic from discussing it with anyone -- the patient is over 18 years old -- but that's just my opinion.

But I do think the parents knew.

Mork,

I really appreciate your perspective and of course you knew them and saw the relationship first hand, so I don't at all doubt your observations. I just can't really agree -- from what we do know -- that his parents didn't do enough for him.

>>> RSBM <<<

Thanks button not enuff -- Thank you for your valuable remarks.

I know. Ugh the texts do make my skin crawl too.
Little one... And others What else efficient little lover - vomit.

Speaking of which last week not to be overly "dramatical" I did physical get ill while reading the moms report ( gun shot torso AND extremities ) I am heartbroken as someone said.

>>>> respectfully snipped by me for space <<<<

Bless your heart, Mork -- I know it must be really tuff for you to take all this in -- Hang in there as you can.

(((hugs)))

I think HPPA laws would prevent the clinic from discussing it with anyone -- the patient is over 18 years old -- but that's just my opinion.

Even with HIPAA laws in place, if you're being treated for what is a worker's compensation case, one of the first things all companies do is have drug testing done and they receive the results. Therefore, since he worked for the company they owned, they would have access to that information.
Anytime one of my employees was injured on the job, it was standard procedure that drug testing was done and the results provided to us and the worker's compensation insurance company.

It's quite astonishing what your employer can know via insurance claims, even with HIPPA, and since J&J employed him, I suspect they had found out, at a minimum, that the clinic was no longer seeing him.

Even with HIPAA laws in place, if you're being treated for what is a worker's compensation case, one of the first things all companies do is have drug testing done and they receive the results. Therefore, since he worked for the company they owned, they would have access to that information.
Anytime one of my employees was injured on the job, it was standard procedure that drug testing was done and the results provided to us and the worker's compensation insurance company.

Informative answer -- thanks! :)

I know Ski and momof4
I agree with what you both said so much too if that's possible.
Those crazy texts back and forth and the premeditation - unbelievable.
but that's just it.
No one - literally no one -that I know around here even if they're super wealthy - supports their kids in the ways that they did.
Everyone's kids that are the exact same age as KN are either barely just out of our homes or they're living in a veritable teeny postage stamp of an apartment. Let alone a 2,000 sq foot house and qualify for a mortgage. Wow They can barely even qualify for a rental ( based on new approval standards ) A lot of them have given up their cars because they live in the city or have no parking or $ for parking between student college loans. It's not easy for them in that age group.
So kn definitely had a lot. A lot to lose - every opportunity I agree. What a waste.

What do you think the best reason would be to lock him away for life? As a deterrent for others? To not kill their family or get family members help? I can see that reasoning.

I can see and agree with everyone's points of view here too.

I respectfully disagree. I have not wanted to "out" myself by giving personal details, but I've lived in Weston for more than a decade, have met Jeannette many times, have many friends in common (including one of the people in the affidavit), and know many of both sons' classmates (babysat for my family, hockey, etc.) What the Navins did for their son is not unusual in Weston at all. I have quite a few friends and neighbors in this town who are supporting kids in their 20s in the same way: down payments on homes, outright purchases of homes for them, fully paid college/grad school tuition. I can't think of anyone who had to give up their cars or anything. People in Weston can be very discreet and perhaps don't discuss it, but it happens a lot. Lots of dirt bikes, quads, extreme toys. European tours the summer after senior year. Maybe because I am a little younger (I suspect) -- certainly you know that from our recent town elections there is a bit of a divide between the younger/newer Weston residents and people who have been here longer. Just saying what I see here in town, among my friends & neighbors & kids' friends' parents.

Cancan, I completely agree. That is certainly the case in Westport as well.

I respectfully disagree. I have not wanted to "out" myself by giving personal details, but I've lived in Weston for more than a decade, have met Jeannette many times, have many friends in common (including one of the people in the affidavit), and know many of both sons' classmates (babysat for my family, hockey, etc.) What the Navins did for their son is not unusual in Weston at all. I have quite a few friends and neighbors in this town who are supporting kids in their 20s in the same way: down payments on homes, outright purchases of homes for them, fully paid college/grad school tuition. I can't think of anyone who had to give up their cars or anything. People in Weston can be very discreet and perhaps don't discuss it, but it happens a lot. Lots of dirt bikes, quads, extreme toys. European tours the summer after senior year. Maybe because I am a little younger (I suspect) -- certainly you know that from our recent town elections there is a bit of a divide between the younger/newer Weston residents and people who have been here longer. Just saying what I see here in town, among my friends & neighbors & kids' friends' parents.

Lol yes I have a few more decades under my belt here. since 87 "Old " and "new" Weston politics is nothing new.
Usually same same.

Yes - there are lots of extreme mini bikes toys now. But not back when kn and the rest were in 4th grade. Nope
No way
It was not like that then. Those were newish in 1998

my poor kids. And their friends. 2/3 mine have given up their cars.

I didn't say people around here don't often pay in full for college. That does happen. Families are wealthy and travel. Have multiple homes and definitely they can afford it.

I don't think we are in disagreement - Most people help their kids and help them make responsible decisions. yes ? No?
Supporting kids in 20 s ... yes WE (they )are. Absolutely this is what I said. But very few are doing it the way the navins did.
Setting them up like that. ( while litigating that guilford property)
No way.
If parents are buying houses for the kids-they can afford it and they the kids are either paying the rest responsibly or the parents are paying rest mortgage taxes and etc. knowingly and responsibly!
I doubt anyone of those people has or needs a ledger with a post it note with the reminder of that figure
Etc

Anyway I still don't think we're disagreeing.
See you at peter's!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back