Poll for the Armchair Psychologists

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

What Psychological Disorder do you think Jodi may have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well let's see which Personality Disorderd JA will show up for the "Aggravation Phase" of the proceedings:

Always there's the BPD JA so we'll get to see her feeling like everyone is against her and especially JM and how he looks at her like she's a felon....imagine that! And he shouldn't be allowed to do that and the Judge better step it up and stop that right away. She will demand that the rules be followed as she sees them and insist they have not been. She will make demands and create new rules. And if she really feels "slighted", she may threaten to slice her wrists with a pencil (rubbing it against her wrists but going laterally--the wrong way) and then of course, rage out...usually mouthing things or using gestures. Rage out on her papers and doodles. She will mirror and copy everything about anyone she admires. But JA's admiration of anyone is precarious for it can turn to hatred in a flash. Watch out Nurm*.

The Histrionic JA may have a vicious headache and demand the proceedings stop and start, stop and start. She may make faces showing the depth of the migraine pain or walk as if she's ready to keel over. She may try to garner sympathy through gazes at Wilm*tt. She will be flirtatious and make inappropriate body movements--fling hair & hand stands. JA will knock her disjointed ring finger out of socket for the shock value of it. She will feel the need to compulsively chatter and ask questions during the proceedings to whoever will listen. JA needs a lot of time and attention.

The Sociopathic JA will stare down the jury; coming and going. She will respond inappropriately to Nurm*'s words. She will act cold when she should be heartfelt and vice versa....but it is all a calculated act. She will compound lie upon lie. She can hold her stare beyond comfortability without blinking. She knows how to intimidate and she knows how to steal. She can get tweets and messages out there from behind bars because she's great at manipulating the laws and rules. They are just for suckers.

The Narcissistic JA will say things that are words of a bully. She will say and act superior and entitled. She'll remind us that she is like Einstein. She will tell her attorneys how to proceed and will eventually put them down as incompetents. When she puts her attorneys down, she feels empowered. She sets up interviews and manages to make it happen. She will object to the judge or may try to talk directly to JM. She has a manifesto. She can wear special clothing---not some ugly jail stripes and can wear makeup too. She's running this "circus" and is the ringleader. She is never wrong and will never say she's sorry.

With JA, the smorgasboard of Personality Disorders is there for her to utilize as needed because she feels (subconciously) that they work for her. Her BPD is the most prominent. I wouldn't doubt if she doesn't have a bit of Dissociative Disorder (which is not a Personality Disorder) which would simply be the cherry on top of the Ambrosia she calls her mind! :scared:

All MOO :moo:

130 IQ would make her somewhat of a genius, but she scored a 119 on the WAIS IQ test. She said she believed she was as smart as Einstein, but he had an IQ of at least 160. The fact she would equate her own IQ to one of the greatest scientific minds in human kind shows her narcissism.

I think Einstein would have taken the memory stick out of the camera before fleeing the scene. :giggle:

if a person has a bad trauma i can childhood that isn't treated, can their maturity be stunted?

I've seen this many many times in people that that suffered trauma at a young age and not treated. Part of them remains stuck at the age of the trauma.

I just don't believe that applies to Jodi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen this many many times in people that that suffered trauma at a young age and not treated. Part of them remains stuck at the age of the trauma.

i don't think so either. i think she had pretty much normal childhood wih the usual rules/regulations and was not abused. too bad when she sarted not trusting her parents and got secretive and lied all the time, they didn't take her for counseling. however, it's easy to sit back and criticize and say what should be or not be done. they probably thought it was just a phase and she would grow out of it.
i think she is a sociopath in the extreme degree. she's still putting on appearances in prison, none the wiser. i don't think she can help how she is, but what she has done is unexcusable.
i believe if travis wasn't a mormon and she hadn't joined that religion, she would have moved on and not killed. i think in her sociopathic mine the marriage/family goals became overcharged and the rejection was overwhelming.

i don't think so either. i think she had pretty much normal childhood wih the usual rules/regulations and was not abused. too bad when she sarted not trusting her parents and got secretive and lied all the time, they didn't take her for counseling. however, it's easy to sit back and criticize and say what should be or not be done. they probably thought it was just a phase and she would grow out of it.
i think she is a sociopath in the extreme degree. she's still putting on appearances in prison, none the wiser. i don't think she can help how she is, but what she has done is unexcusable.
i believe if travis wasn't a mormon and she hadn't joined that religion, she would have moved on and not killed. i think in her sociopathic mine the marriage/family goals became overcharged and the rejection was overwhelming.

Good post! I think she is definitely a sociopath. However, I do believe it was narcissistic rage that drove her to murder Travis. She had nothing to gain except knowing that the object of her rage was obliterated at her hands. Then her sociopathic mind took over and hence the acting "normal" to the next man she lay with.

Hearing the tape of her leaving the phone message to the TV man who was going to interview her, left a remarkable insight into her mind. She was on trial for her life, yet she sounded more like a business executive being in total control of the situation. I just can't relate to that!

if a person has a bad trauma i can childhood that isn't treated, can their maturity be stunted?

I believe it is very likely that a person would be psychologically immature if they underwent trauma in childhood and do not actively seek therapy. Then again, some people are able to overcome the trauma with healthy coping mechanisms and develop normally.

Your brain is at its most impressionable state in the first 5 years of life. Likewise, before 12yo the human brain is much more active and able to encode and store information.

However, their prefrontal cortex is completely dependent on these early brain developments/learned emotional/behavioral reactions.

The prefrontal cortex of the brain is developed fully in adulthood. It is responsible for the rewards/gain system of the brain, impulsivity, and the recognition of consequence.

If a person undergoes trauma in childhood, the fragmentation of their early brain development lay the foundation for their prefrontal cortex - and that cortex becomes stunted. Many people who went through abuse as children have less active/smaller prefrontal cortexes than those who had healthy upbringings.

Also the prefrontal cortex is your identity. But if your prefrontal cortex is made up of fragmented traumatic memories/experiences - you will have identity issues and problems being able to define yourself as a cohesive personality. This is where dissociation comes into play for some - which is when one separates from their prime fragmented identity (or lack there of) for a synthetic identity or "alter ego" that exists as a coping mechanism/mask help aid the victim to emotionally/socially survive. Typically with victims of abuse, their dissociative alter ego does not have a definitive name and the subject typically isn't aware of the presence of their altered identity... Where as people with multiple personality disorder end up with specific identities/personalities with specific names and recall.

The created identity for a victim of child abuse is a means of separating the prime identity from the traumatic/fragmented memories. It is a psychological coping mechanism.

However, ppl with personality disorders exhibit similar characteristics of childlike and immature behavior.

http://outofthefog.net/CommonBehaviors/StundtedEmotionalGrowth.html
Stunted Emotional Growth

Definition:

Stunted Emotional Growth - Reluctance or inability to learn from mistakes, work on self-improvement or develop more effective coping strategies.

Description:

It's common for people who suffer from personality disorders to be described as "childish" or "immature" by those who live and work with them. This is often because the cognitive development process which most people use to learn better strategies for problem solving and for calculating cost/benefit analyses is not so readily available to those who suffer from personality disorders.

People who suffer from personality disorders have a strong connection between the decision-making parts of their brains and their emotions or feelings. On the other hand, those who do not suffer from personality disorders typically have stronger connections between the logical risk/reward parts of their brains and their decision making.

As a result people with personality disorders are sometimes seen as reactionary, over-emotional, immature, unreliable etc. by those who have a more logical basis for their decision making. They may seem to "never learn". This is because they often make their decisions based on their feelings rather than what they understand to be true. This can make them seem less mature.

However, ppl with personality disorders exhibit similar characteristics of childlike and immature behavior.

http://outofthefog.net/CommonBehaviors/StundtedEmotionalGrowth.html
Stunted Emotional Growth

Definition:

Stunted Emotional Growth - Reluctance or inability to learn from mistakes, work on self-improvement or develop more effective coping strategies.

Description:

It's common for people who suffer from personality disorders to be described as "childish" or "immature" by those who live and work with them. This is often because the cognitive development process which most people use to learn better strategies for problem solving and for calculating cost/benefit analyses is not so readily available to those who suffer from personality disorders.

People who suffer from personality disorders have a strong connection between the decision-making parts of their brains and their emotions or feelings. On the other hand, those who do not suffer from personality disorders typically have stronger connections between the logical risk/reward parts of their brains and their decision making.

As a result people with personality disorders are sometimes seen as reactionary, over-emotional, immature, unreliable etc. by those who have a more logical basis for their decision making. They may seem to "never learn". This is because they often make their decisions based on their feelings rather than what they understand to be true. This can make them seem less mature.

If we are speaking about Jodi, I don't believe we can view her "childlike maturity" as if it actually exists. It's simply a role she plays when she believe it suits her. In her phone call to the reporter... She was all business. I would expect her behavior with her attorneys to also be very different than what we have witnessed so far. She changes her outward appearance and personality like other people change their skivvies. IMO

If we are speaking about Jodi, I don't believe we can view her "childlike maturity" as if it actually exists. It's simply a role she plays when she believe it suits her. In her phone call to the reporter... She was all business. I would expect her behavior with her attorneys to also be very different than what we have witnessed so far. She changes her outward appearance and personality like other people change their skivvies. IMO

I do believe she is very good at playing the "battered lamb" role. Oscar worthy.

However, I also believe that much of her behavior is very immature, as the States Witness suggested in her evaluation of Jodi's emotional maturity. She is nearly 30, but acts like an boy obsessed and image conscious 14 year old girl.

Also, it's important to note that narcissism is not necessarily what we think. In psychology it is when one is overly concerned with how others view them. This might explain her "stepford wife" like actions as well as her constant concern about having make up/ nice skin.

She even talked in an adolescent tone on those sex tapes and would dress up in pigtails and baseball hats/jerseys. There's a picture on her myspace album entitled blondie and if you didn't know it was Jodi, you'd think it was a 14 year old blomde girl in a baseball Hal w braids and a jersey.

Bizarre.

She even talked in an adolescent tone on those sex tapes and would dress up in pigtails and baseball hats/jerseys. There's a picture on her myspace album entitled blondie and if you didn't know it was Jodi, you'd think it was a 14 year old blomde girl in a baseball Hal w braids and a jersey.

Bizarre.

It is bizarre, but in my opinion Jodi puts on a facade she believes will help her reach her goal at that time.

Her psychopathy is best seen during her interview with detective Flores. We know she first contacted him playing the role of shocked and wanting to assist.

When her calls her on her affect and demeanor, in the interview, and tells her she just isn't acting right.... She tries unsuccessfully to get a read on what he wants... Even asks him, " is it because I'm not crying?"
She had nothing to draw from in her arsenal on how to mimic appropriate responses. How to feign grief, horror and mourning of someone she allegedly loved.

She never loved Travis, he was simply her goal. He was her ticket to the life she wanted without actually doing the work.
I think she believed she hit pay dirt when she discovered a bunch of good, kind, successful, marriage minded, a little naive Mormon men. Travis was about to publicly expose her. That threat coupled with his rejection is what got him slaughtered. ( narcissistic injury) IMO That would have ruined her easy ticket to a better life. A psychopath hates to be exposed.
All IMO

Yes! And isn't that a hallmark of the sociopath personality? She can seem in total control of herself when it suits her, or play a poor me role, or a sexpot, or your school librarian (no offense!), or the girl next door role, whatever survival mode suits the situation.

It is bizarre, but in my opinion Jodi puts on a facade she believes will help her reach her goal at that time.

Her psychopathy is best seen during her interview with detective Flores. We know she first contacted him playing the role of shocked and wanting to assist.

When her calls her on her affect and demeanor, in the interview, and tells her she just isn't acting right.... She tries unsuccessfully to get a read on what he wants... Even asks him, " is it because I'm not crying?"
She had nothing to draw from in her arsenal on how to mimic appropriate responses. How to feign grief, horror and mourning of someone she allegedly loved.

She never loved Travis, he was simply her goal. He was her ticket to the life she wanted without actually doing the work.
I think she believed she hit pay dirt when she discovered a bunch of good, kind, successful, marriage minded, a little naive Mormon men. Travis was about to publicly expose her. That threat coupled with his rejection is what got him slaughtered. ( narcissistic injury) IMO That would have ruined her easy ticket to a better life. A psychopath hates to be exposed.
All IMO

I do think she is a psychopath because she obviously has aggressive/violent ways of coping with stress - which indicates the pre frontal cortex being dysfunctional.

I believe she is a narcissistic/histrionic female who has no true identity as an adult. Her identity is unstable like jello and she has built molds that assuage her narcissistic/histrionic needs for attention.

Travis was not like jello - he was the one that "broke the mold". He was strong enough to cope with his abuse in life by typically healthy means.
He was psychologically hearty when it came to coping mechanisms. He did not get angry/irate with ppl when he was stressed like Jodi apparently did.

Being around Travis, a man who got attention bc of his charismatic being, would bring Jodi attention as well. He also was a caretaker personality, which histrionics hone in on and take advantage of.

The moment she realized that not only did Travis no longer want her, but she could never steal/share in his spotlight socially... It was a blow to her ego, and being unable to cope properly with it, she thought the only way to "right the wrong" or psychologically/socially gain was to destroy Travis.

And, without the mold (or identity she created for herself that was completely based off of Travis) her prime personality would fall back into fragmented pieces. It would be like pulling the jello out of its mold and jiggling it (stressing it) around. It will lose its shape and fall apart... And who knows what Dysfunctioms those fragments hold.

Travis pulled that mold from her and saw the fragmented, primal, faceless (affectless) monster she really was underneath it all.

I agree but just wanted to mention that (which I boldened) is a common symptom of BPD.

I also believe that JA has a primary dx of BPD with comorbitity of ASPD, NPD, HPD, and they should rule out if she doesn't have Dissociative Disorder ('cause she might have that as well).

Back to PD's .... many PD's overlap, as I'm sure you know......but no legal insanity plea for PD's....only for AXIS I disorders (which Dissociative Disorder is one of but they have not proven that dx in JA's case).

I see Jodi Arias as a Borderline Narcissist. The psychological profile you put out is similar to Casey Anthony, Lori Drew, and Diane Downs in my opinion.

I looked up Dissociative Disorder.
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/dissociative-disorders/DS00574

Causes
Dissociative disorders usually develop as a way to cope with trauma. The disorders most often form in children subjected to chronic physical, sexual or emotional abuse or, less frequently, a home environment that is otherwise frightening or highly unpredictable.

Personal identity is still forming during childhood, so a child is more able than is an adult to step outside of himself or herself and observe trauma as though it's happening to a different person. A child who learns to dissociate in order to endure an extended period of his or her youth may use this coping mechanism in response to stressful situations throughout life.

Though it's rare, adults may develop dissociative disorders in response to severe trauma.

Risk Factor
People who experience chronic physical, sexual or emotional abuse during childhood are at greatest risk of developing dissociative disorders. Children and adults who experience other traumatic events, including war, natural disasters, kidnapping, torture and invasive medical procedures, also may develop these conditions.

Jodi Arias alleges she was abused, but that has not really has been proven. It characterizes Arias, Drew, and Anthony have it. Looks most apparent in them, especially Drew. She looks very detached.

Cyber-bully verdict is mixed
http://articles.latimes.com/2008/nov/27/local/me-myspace-trial-verdict27

Speaking with reporters after the verdicts, Steward responded to a question about why Drew seemed to show so little emotion during the trial, even as her own daughter was reduced to tears on the witness stand.

He said Drew has been "under assault" since her alleged role in the case was revealed.

"That's made her incredibly defensive," he said.

Lori Drew’s Daughter ‘Devastated’ by Friend’s Suicide but Doesn’t Feel Responsible
http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2008/11/defendants-daug/

Lutz said Drew’s demeanor in relaying the tale to him was “creepy” and said she was “emotionless, very cold, very matter of fact” and was insistent on him hearing her story “almost as if she wanted approval.”

This suggests like Jodi Arias and Lori Drew are similar. When I see Arias, she looks very cold and emotionless.

Interesting that childhood trauma could make someone emotionally stunted. I suspect someone like Diane Downs, Jerry Sandusky, or Lori Drew being a target of abuse as they are emotionally stunted and immature.

Emotional stunting is a result of prefrontal cortex abnormalities that can be caused by nature or nurture. Trauma literally causes brain damage especially at a young age.

Ppl like Jodi have such an extreme form of their personality disorder that her prefrontal cortex is not as developed as most adults. This this gives her the characteristics of a psychopath, or one who has no real understanding of how their actions affect others.

So what may look like a person who is a mess of disorders is actually a person with one disorder that comes some such a primal fragmented ego that there is no healthy association between the logical aspects of the brain and the emotional aspects (which are present toward the back portions of the brain)

Impulsivity, an issue that runs the lives of most with borderline disorders in axis B, is a direct result of an underdeveloped frontal lobe.

"The frontal lobe links and integrates all components of behavior at the highest level. Emotion and social adjustment and impulse control are also localized here. Injury to parts of the frontal lobe may cause an inability to move part of the body or the whole side of the body. Speech may become halting, disorganized or be stopped except for single explosive words. Personality may change. Social rules of behavior may be disregarded. The executive functions, planning, abstract reasoning, impulse control, sustained attention and insight are all located here. The frontal lobe is highly susceptible to injury.
Functions
Initiation
Problem solving
Judgment
Inhibition of behavior
Planning/anticipation
Self-monitoring
Motor planning
Personality/emotions
Awareness of abilities/limitations
Organization
Attention/concentration
Mental flexibility
Speaking (expressive language)
Observed Problems
Emotion (i.e., depression, anxiety, personality changes, aggression, acting out, and social inappropriateness)."

http://biau.org/about-brain-injuries/cognitive-skills-of-the-brain/

You can scan the brain of someone and tell if they are truly borderline by the size of their frontal lobe and how long their synapses/receptors for emotion fire. I wish courts would allow this as evidence, but unfortunately neuroscience and neuropsychology aren't taken as seriously even though they are the only factual means of trying to determine the physiological link between the brain and behavior.

Emotional stunting is a result of prefrontal cortex abnormalities that can be caused by nature or nurture. Trauma literally causes brain damage especially at a young age.

Ppl like Jodi have such an extreme form of their personality disorder that her prefrontal cortex is not as developed as most adults. This this gives her the characteristics of a psychopath, or one who has no real understanding of how their actions affect others.

So what may look like a person who is a mess of disorders is actually a person with one disorder that comes some such a primal fragmented ego that there is no healthy association between the logical aspects of the brain and the emotional aspects (which are present toward the back portions of the brain)

Impulsivity, an issue that runs the lives of most with borderline disorders in axis B, is a direct result of an underdeveloped frontal lobe.

"The frontal lobe links and integrates all components of behavior at the highest level. Emotion and social adjustment and impulse control are also localized here. Injury to parts of the frontal lobe may cause an inability to move part of the body or the whole side of the body. Speech may become halting, disorganized or be stopped except for single explosive words. Personality may change. Social rules of behavior may be disregarded. The executive functions, planning, abstract reasoning, impulse control, sustained attention and insight are all located here. The frontal lobe is highly susceptible to injury.
Functions
Initiation
Problem solving
Judgment
Inhibition of behavior
Planning/anticipation
Self-monitoring
Motor planning
Personality/emotions
Awareness of abilities/limitations
Organization
Attention/concentration
Mental flexibility
Speaking (expressive language)
Observed Problems
Emotion (i.e., depression, anxiety, personality changes, aggression, acting out, and social inappropriateness)."

http://biau.org/about-brain-injuries/cognitive-skills-of-the-brain/

You can scan the brain of someone and tell if they are truly borderline by the size of their frontal lobe and how long their synapses/receptors for emotion fire. I wish courts would allow this as evidence, but unfortunately neuroscience and neuropsychology aren't taken as seriously even though they are the only factual means of trying to determine the physiological link between the brain and behavior.

Interesting. I wonder if Arias's brain was born that way or something traumatic. I could also see prefrontal cortex abnormalities in someone like Casey Anthony, Lori Drew, Jerry Sandusky, Fred Phelps, or Ariel Castro. Their brains are probably messed up and act the way they are. I am not excusing their behavior as they chose a path of evil and depravity.

Interesting. I wonder if Arias's brain was born that way or something traumatic. I could also see prefrontal cortex abnormalities in someone like Casey Anthony, Lori Drew, Jerry Sandusky, Fred Phelps, or Ariel Castro. Their brains are probably messed up and act the way they are. I am not excusing their behavior as they chose a path of evil and depravity.

Exactly. I think a big issue when diagnosing a patient that is guilty of torturous murder like Jodi is maintaining composure/professionalism.

From an ethical transcendental level, I do believe there is true spiritual evil behind these abnormal minds.

But We have to put on our business hats when diagnosing and use terms such as normal or abnormal to describe a persons odd behavior. Stable or unstable are the two terms I like to use often. Also low, mid, or high functioning are good terms to use in terms of how well one is able to function within society and in other areas of life/psyche.

In my opinion, I think Jodi has issues with men neglecting her bc of her father. If there was any abuse, it would be a lack of interests for her on her parents part. If her parents had established a closer relationship with her, they would have understood more her warped personality and would have possibly sought help for her and the saddest part... Travis could be alive here today.

However, from all evidence seen, I believe that was the only extent of abuse on the part of her parents. Their inability to recognize their daughte, particularly the father, would leave the parents in almost the same boat as Jodi as far as narcissism is concerned. If my daughter had been accused of murder, I wouldn't vilify her initially. I myself would first ask god what I did as a parent that was wrong to make her end up the way she did. The parents didn't do this during interrogation. They tried to seperate themselves as far from Jodi as possible... Highlighting their narcissism and need to show that nothing that horrible could come from their wonderful selves.

So this more than likely is a case of her inheriting a narcissistic pd (histrionic in my opinion) from her parents (primarily father). I get the feeling these were NOT the type of parents that hug their kids or call just to say "I love you" to their offspring. They just had kids in hopes of receiving unconditional love/perfect conduct.

The moment Jodi started screwing up in her early youth, they didn't have time for her. They called the cops to deal with it. They Didn't seem to care when she ran away. If my 14 year old ran away, I'd be a nervous wreck don't care HOW crazy they were acting.

Some may argue her narcissism is a learned behavior from her parents and that the borderline behavior came after the betrayal of her parents calling the cops on her/their general neglect. From then on she would have the borderline/histrionic attribute of constantly playing victim, the one who was cast away and deserves second chance, the one scared of being betrayed again by anyone.

Travis always believed in second chances. So she knew she could keep screwing up and saying I'm sorry. She never thought shed cross his boundaries to the point that it was unforgivable. But she did do something that all the sorries couldn't fix, not even for Travis, and he dumped her/got scared.

I believe she got into his house the day she killed him by saying she wanted to come by and say sorry in person to manipulate her way in. She knew this was the one thing that would allow Travis to let her through his front door. The sex was an after thought for Travis. He wanted to fix things with their trust as friends, but did not intend on taking her back as a gf.

She planned on trying one last narcissist tactic to get him back before going through with her self indulgent psychotic plan: SEX. Travis confused Sex with love. His ex Deanna Reid said this almost verbatim. She said this confusion for him was why she thought he had commitment issues and she broke up with him and also... That his misconstruing love for lust and visa versa was the very weakness Jodi took advantage of.

But we all know that just because you are a narcissist (whether by nature or nurture) it doesn't give you the excuse to utilize improper coping mechanisms (murder! Anger! Stalking!) in dealing with that narcissistic PD. Sure she was not emotionally hearty (strong) like Travis and didn't develop proper coping mechanisms, but again it is no excuse.

Jodi's consciousness in trying to cover up her inability to cope well infrint of Travis/his friends by becoming a "stepford wife" shows her ability to be psychologically present and in control of that area of her psyche/brain and...

She KNEW HErself that her OWN BEHAVIOR WAS UNStABLE. Not only this, but it shows the rewards/gain component of her brain works somewhat properly bc she knew it was in her better benefit (reward) to act like a stepford wife and not initially show Travis/his friends her true unstable ego.

So I'd say that if she was aware of her actions/was acting purely for her own emotional gain...

She definitely is NOT a low functioning narcissist. She is mid to high functioning. Her Achilles heel was that she believed she was smart enough to fool the entire state of AZ and its legal system. Which in itself, is befitting of a narcissists downfall.

Being a Christian, has she never heard the verse,

"Pride cometh before every downfall."

?

Narcissists cannot accurately determine how their behavior rewards/abuses others. They can see that reward and abuse only in relation to themselves.

It's most as if Jodi understood for the first time the outcome/affect she had on the lives of others only when Travis's own 2 siblings gave their victim statements, as if that part of her brain that determines the affect of her Behavior on others didn't fire or click until those statements. Very sad she can determine only her own rewards/punishments/abuse.

But there is the crux and the paradox: If through genetics OR abuse and trauma, the brain is abnormal and develops and functions abnormally, then of course no path of evil is chosen at all. You cannot have it both ways: Brain abnormality plus free will to do evil. It is either/or. We are either our brains, or we are free souls. You cannot have metaphysics and brain science, both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly