Poll for the Armchair Psychologists

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

What Psychological Disorder do you think Jodi may have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. She makes no sense.

Maybe she is RAD. Reactive attachment disorder.

Her sex stuff could be from sexual abuse along the way

She makes no sense, but.... she's predictable. There is sort of an anti-structure about her.

I don't think she's RAD. I'm not convinced she was sexually abused. There just seems to be this prevalent inability for self-examination. She's not willing to accept herself as anything more or less than the script of a sexy, artistic, intelligent woman she keeps playing.

I'm going to create a new DSM disorder to describe people like that, AFU. :D :D

That's as valid as any disorder. People may be more or less AFU. Why bother distinguishing between narcissism, psychopathy, BPD or HPD? Just use AFU. Sometimes AFU can be fixed, sometimes not. To me, at least, the "can be fixed?" part is the part to really study, not the "how'd that happen?". I suppose how it all developed is an interesting intellectual exercise. But it doesn't seem that critical in how to fix things.

Goodnight folks! Great conversation tonight... Really enjoyed it:)

I tend to agree with you, it makes makes sense of a lot of things. Sexually abused children can suffer from many different things. The PTSD thread makes that abundantly clear. Many people cannot remember their abuse, especially if it is ongoing - they dissociate. It's heartbreaking to see little children acting out sexually. imo
It's heartbreaking to see people destroy themselves because of the things done to them as little babies.

Human, there is a great bunch of research literature on feminism and sexual abuse and digital media at Hastac run in affiliation with Duke University.

Agree many of these wealthy older men are either stupid or perhaps senile. I grew up in La Jolla.
3 doors down lived an older wealthy couple. The wife became ill and the husband hired some sort of part time housekeeper
to help out. This "maid" wasn't even that attractive or young. He was perhaps 78 or 79 and this maid was perhaps 40.
The next thing we knew, the wife had died and the housekeeper had moved in and become this man's girlfriend.
I think he was lonely. My mother and I would see them arm-in-arm walking his beloved cocker spaniel down to the beach when we took our evening walks.
A year passed and the old man had a stroke. By this time he had married the maid. The maid put him in a nursing home right away.
One day my mother saw the maid walking down at the beach and asked about the dog. She said she had the dog put to sleep!
Things also happen the other way. Lonely older women can also be stupid or senile. My mother had a younger wealthy woman
friend - I'll call her Sally - she was about 50 when her husband died. Sally lived around the corner.
She had been the wealthy one and was very lonely after her husband died. She used to dine at a fancy French restaurant and
this one particular handsome & charming waiter - age 35- struck up a "friendship" with her. Soon she had bought him a Porsche, a condo in Palm Springs and
was taking him on trips. After about a year she bought him his own restaurant. He was a gigolo and of course had a young girlfriend
which Sally eventually found out about.
Wow-- very sad. I have heard other stories about older women being romanced for their money. And yes, a maid of 40: This is why I suspect the men are senile or just lacking judgment.

I tend to agree with you, it makes makes sense of a lot of things. Sexually abused children can suffer from many different things. The PTSD thread makes that abundantly clear. Many people cannot remember their abuse, especially if it is ongoing - they dissociate. It's heartbreaking to see little children acting out sexually. imo
It's heartbreaking to see people destroy themselves because of the things done to them as little babies.
Yes, that is what is so tragic about sexual abuse. Experiences at age 3, long forgotten by the conscious mind, are still exerting influence at 16, at 26 and 30. The person is acting out and no longer knows why or where the origin of the problem is. Tragic in the extreme.

Yes, that is what is so tragic about sexual abuse. Experiences at age 3, long forgotten by the conscious mind, are still exerting influence at 16, at 26 and 30. The person is acting out and no longer knows why or where the origin of the problem is. Tragic in the extreme.

SMK, it is worse than that, I'm talking tiny babies pre-verbally. How does an adult describe it when there are no words in a baby's mind?
Little tiny babies.

Here is the story of Anna Nicole Smith. I think she was pretty, but she was a stripper and a waitress who did not graduate from high school. Somehow she managed to get a rich hubby 60 some years her senior

Anna Nicole Smith - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

yesss--anna-nicole came to my mind when sugar daddies were mentioned. but she was actually much prettier and sexier than jodi in my opinion. and her sugar daddy was what -?-88 or 89 -? and probably not of sound enough mind to figure out he was being used. anna-nicole probably had some mental health issues but i think she had some WARMTH to her and could be loving and tender. of course i don't know - i just got that feeling about her from seeing her on tv. i don't get a feeling of jodi ever being warm and tender.

SMK, it is worse than that, I'm talking tiny babies pre-verbally. How does an adult describe it when there are no words in a baby's mind?
Little tiny babies.
That is just horrific :(

Wow-- very sad. I have heard other stories about older women being romanced for their money. And yes, a maid of 40: This is why I suspect the men are senile or just lacking judgment.

That's quite funny, you know of my older brother. He had a trophy wife who is now the trophy wife of a psychiatrist who dedicates books to her lol.
Two of their children are very like her, the other is very rebellious. I'm not sure what it will mean in the narcissist stakes.

I saw an LE on Oprah who looked at internet sex abuse. He said the worst one he saw was of an infant with the umbilical cord still attached.

Yes, these whatever you call them --not humans---have infants they sexually abuse.

I saw an LE on Oprah who looked at internet sex abuse. He said the worst one he saw was of an infant with the umbilical cord still attached.

Yes, these whatever you call them --not humans---have infants they sexually abuse.
I think some sick/evil people want to do these things specifically due to the depravity and insanity of the acts. It boggles the mind.

I don't believe so - Joe Arpaio has her in lockdown 23 hours per day - She is not in GP where others get to watch TV...

I thought the 23 lockdown was only after suicide watch and during the trial phase?

"The Maricopa County Sheriff's Office today invited media into see the roughly 7ft x 11ft cell in Estrella Jail where Arias will be housed until her trial has concluded."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tured-awaits-death-penalty.html#ixzz2WlWhoMZ5
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

We'll just have to say we have different experiences there. It works short term, but as the basis of a relationship? The "Sex all sex nothing but sex and kinky too!" folks tend to be kind of male versions of Jodi. Uggggh, no thanks.

There is a saying that men have sex, which then can become being in love. Women fall in love and then have sex. That's kind of overly simplistic. But I've seen guys have tons of sex and never really develop a relationship. Which I think is the case here with T & J. There will always be someone with nicer boobies and a passion for anal down the road. And I still just don't see Jodi as being able to hold down a relationship with all the work that involves.

MOO n' all.

I've read that the sexual behavior college students show has been used in many studies to explain the sexual behavior of psychopathy. Not even kidding.

http://www.sott.net/article/251012-...-and-hypersexuality-in-both-males-and-females

Sex in general is a pretty carnal/aggressive act. Sex without empathetic connection like many people practice just seems to echo psychopathy to me.

Oh shudder...it is truly sickening what we do to our own.
Robert Burns (poet) said 'Man's inhumanity to man, makes countless thousands mourn.'
It has been very interesting to look at complex dynamics, and I must say that I am a bit dumbstruck (for once lol) at the nastiness and outright verbal violence this case has generated on the web. Why and how it has become so personalised is truly shocking. Looking at other websites is an eye opening experience if you don't mind vulgarity and violently minded behaviour. The question I ask myself is why?
What is it about this case that turns people into raving lunatics?
Why such a high level of anger and bullying? It's everywhere. It's extremely interesting.

To no-one in particular, education is a little late when you have been solidly abused for six years. If you are abused with your umbilical cord around your neck, eduction isn't going to matter a great deal until to you get to the point of recognising and owning your own abuse and having the tools to manage it. Pretty hard as a newborn.

I've read that the sexual behavior college students show has been used in many studies to explain the sexual behavior of psychopathy. Not even kidding.

http://www.sott.net/article/251012-...-and-hypersexuality-in-both-males-and-females

Sex in general is a pretty carnal/aggressive act. Sex without empathetic connection like many people practice just seems to echo psychopathy to me.

Agree - sexual connection without empathy/emotion is bizarre.
I was reading about the hook-up culture of so many college students these days. I'll try and find the article I read that said that sex for the sake of sex inhibits the growth of emotional intimacy. It talked about how sex is such a vulnerable act because we are exposed, literally and figuratively. So when sex happens too soon, it floods the brain with a dopamine rush and some fear chemicals. Being so open and exposed to someone they really don’t know can make people excited and a jittery. So the way the psyche deals with that is to become emotionally protective. It is nearly impossible to grow emotional intimacy – the glue of relationships – while physical intimacy is overpowering your brain. And when the sex hormones finally die down, as they always eventually do, there is no friendship to act as a basis for a relationship.

Agree - sexual connection without empathy/emotion is bizarre.
I was reading about the hook-up culture of so many college students these days. I'll try and find the article I read that said that sex for the sake of sex inhibits the growth of emotional intimacy. It talked about how sex is such a vulnerable act because we are exposed, literally and figuratively. So when sex happens too soon, it floods the brain with a dopamine rush and some fear chemicals. Being so open and exposed to someone they really don’t know can make people excited and a jittery. So the way the psyche deals with that is to become emotionally protective. It is nearly impossible to grow emotional intimacy – the glue of relationships – while physical intimacy is overpowering your brain. And when the sex hormones finally die down, as they always eventually do, there is no friendship to act as a basis for a relationship.

Since Jodi IMO has high Somatic Narcissist traits, that might explain why she seeks out more somatic (or physical) forms of intimacy rather than cerebral forms of intimacy.

I hope you can find that article! I would love to check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly