Poll for the Armchair Psychologists

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

What Psychological Disorder do you think Jodi may have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how the quoting got messed up.

I think I know myself pretty well. I'm outgoing, stubborn as the day is long.
I use all of my senses, can compile massive amounts of information from a vast array of sources, digest it quickly, assimilate the knew found knowledge and break it down in simple terms.
I don't sweat the small stuff. I prefer to cut through the fat and get to the meat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Although I must ask. As we have intuition instead of senses, how is it you use all of your senses?

I think a better way of understanding if you are intuitive or sensory is if you imagine yourself in a traumatic/stressful situation. For instance:

Let's say you are a soldier in war. I mortar goes off right near you.

Do you

A) knowing attacks are coming closer toward you, you immediately get up and run away from the bomb regardless of where you may end up.

B) wait to survey and make sure you have somewhere safe to run to before you begin to flee from the path of the attacks.

I would be A as an intuitive or instinctual person. Doesnt mean I would not survey as I ran where I could safely take cover.

What would you choose?

Also, I'd just like to say that I was diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder, GAD, when I was 5. I'm now 33, and obviously I've had anxiety since I can remember. My little amygdala has always been out of control. I have been paralyzed by anxiety and it has saved my life. It's a blessing and a curse. I know anxiety. I can see it in other people quite easily.

From all of my observations, and I've observed pretty much everything about JA, I have never witnessed the telltale signs of anxiety. Not once, not ever. I understand that her test scores were high on the anxiety scale, but she is not anxious. She does not show any of the subconscious signs of anxiety either. She does not trip on her words when upset, she doesn't seem to be easily upset at all actually, she doesn't move around when seated, she doesn't "pick" at herself, she doesn't have any nervous gestures, she doesnt visibly shake (not even her hands) she doesn't show any symptoms of stress to me at all. None. Her affect is almost the complete opposite of someone that has anxiety.

No one can argue she doesn't show these signs because she is medicated either. I am medicated, and I still have symptoms of anxiety. I have Zolfot, amitryptaline, Ativan, & Valium. I am very careful about my diet, as not to contribute willfully to my anxiety. I have been to therapy on and off my entire life. I was also actually diagnosed with PTSD and spousal abuse syndrome. I have actually been abused and am a victim of domestic violence and my ex husband currently has a warrant out for his arrest because of domestic violence.

IMO, this woman is many things, but she does not suffer from anxiety. Maybe she has PTSD from murdering someone, I would. But, I can say with absolute certainty she does not suffer from an anxiety disorder. You cannot "control" anxiety. It would have shown up in some way to see it by now, and I haven't seen a hint of it. Ever.

First, huge hugs to you!

Not to get off topic... But I really wish there was a term used to focus on the men that assault their partners! All this attention on labeling the victims is great because it raises awareness and offers help. Where are all the labels for them men? Where are all labels and places for them to get treatment willingly? Aren't they the one with the criminal psychological problem and the root cause?

Sorry... Pet peeve of mine..

The most anxiety I have ever seen her exhibit... A hard swallow.

Although I must ask. As we have intuition instead of senses, how is it you use all of your senses?

I think a better way of understanding if you are intuitive or sensory is if you imagine yourself in a traumatic/stressful situation. For instance:

Let's say you are a soldier in war. I mortar goes off right near you.

Do you

A) knowing attacks are coming closer toward you, you immediately get up and run away from the bomb regardless of where you may end up.

B) wait to survey and make sure you have somewhere safe to run to before you begin to flee from the path of the attacks.

I would be A as an intuitive or instinctual person. Doesnt mean I would not survey as I ran where I could safely take cover.

What would you choose?

I honestly have no idea. I would want some military combat training first. ;)

And I honestly truly appreciated it. I trust the the study done by the National Academy of Science, its the best of the best with zero bias. IMO

First, huge hugs to you!

Not to get off topic... But I really wish there was a term used to focus on the men that assault their partners! All this attention on labeling the victims is great because it raises awareness and offers help. Where are all the labels for them men? Where are all labels and places for them to get treatment willingly? Aren't they the one with the criminal psychological problem and the root cause?

Sorry... Pet peeve of mine..

The most anxiety I have ever seen her exhibit... A hard swallow.

Yes you wonder if Jodi had a willy dilly if anyone would even sympathize/care and consider the aspect of insanity. Probably not.

My whole issue is:

Do you believe people have the right to be mentally Ill?

As a mentally ill person, I do not believe I have that right.

Yes i have the right to my own person, but the moment my person becomes so disillusioned it negatively effects the person of others... I need to be forced by covilized means to get help funded by the state.

And I honestly truly appreciated it. I trust the the study done by the National Academy of Science, its the best of the best with zero bias. IMO

Ok, we'll move on. :truce:

:)!!!

Side note... Linda7NJ Makes own rules for tests

Interesting you bring up training. That would mean you would want to train yourself to use the appropriate sensory analysis for specific situations, to the point it becomes second nature OR iNstinctual OR Intuitive! Maybe that's the link!

That would be cool if I were right, but I'm sure I'm wizzly wrong!

OT

McNeil found GUILTY!

Only question left DP or Life:)

Interesting you bring up training. That would mean you would want to train yourself to use the appropriate sensory analysis for specific situations, to the point it becomes second nature OR iNstinctual OR Intuitive! Maybe that's the link!

That would be cool if I were right, but I'm sure I'm wizzly wrong!

I'm an integrated kinda gal like I said before:)

Also, I'd just like to say that I was diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder, GAD, when I was 5. I'm now 33, and obviously I've had anxiety since I can remember. My little amygdala has always been out of control. I have been paralyzed by anxiety and it has saved my life. It's a blessing and a curse. I know anxiety. I can see it in other people quite easily.

From all of my observations, and I've observed pretty much everything about JA, I have never witnessed the telltale signs of anxiety. Not once, not ever. I understand that her test scores were high on the anxiety scale, but she is not anxious. She does not show any of the subconscious signs of anxiety either. She does not trip on her words when upset, she doesn't seem to be easily upset at all actually, she doesn't move around when seated, she doesn't "pick" at herself, she doesn't have any nervous gestures, she doesnt visibly shake (not even her hands) she doesn't show any symptoms of stress to me at all. None. Her affect is almost the complete opposite of someone that has anxiety.

No one can argue she doesn't show these signs because she is medicated either. I am medicated, and I still have symptoms of anxiety. I have Zolfot, amitryptaline, Ativan, & Valium. I am very careful about my diet, as not to contribute willfully to my anxiety. I have been to therapy on and off my entire life. I was also actually diagnosed with PTSD and spousal abuse syndrome. I have actually been abused and am a victim of domestic violence and my ex husband currently has a warrant out for his arrest because of domestic violence.

IMO, this woman is many things, but she does not suffer from anxiety. Maybe she has PTSD from murdering someone, I would. But, I can say with absolute certainty she does not suffer from an anxiety disorder. You cannot "control" anxiety. It would have shown up in some way to see it by now, and I haven't seen a hint of it. Ever.

I know exactly what you are saying! She doesn't seem to show the symptoms of anxiety. Now she is waiting to hear if she is going to death row and she's giving interviews and worrying over her makeup!

Yet, this is the one factor about her that drops out of all these tests with consistency. Her anxiety parameters are off the charts.

And, these are well established tests with built in validity scales to test for distortion, lying, and trying to look good or bad. The vaildity scales say the test is telling the truth about her.

So what do we do with that? Do we throw it out? The one thing we can test for and that comes up reliably in all tests?

Here's what I think. Anxiety would come out in bodily symptoms from the autonomic nervous systems--sweating, shaking, stumbling on words, inability to think quickly, stuttering or stumbling on words, etc But we don't see those things with Jodi. In the interviews she gave last night the reporters were outright insulting to her. One asked her, basically, why don't you do the right thing and die. Watch her response closely. You see her pause. She is clearly surprised by this. She wasn't expecting it. And, then she moves right on graciously acting as if he just asked her what her favorite color is.

We know the anxiety is there. It has to be. But we don't really see it. Certainly not in proportion to what we would expect to see under such conditions.

So, there's two options here. Either there's a disconnect going on between her thoughts and her feelings [which just about everyone who has watched her for any length of time has commented on] or the tests are wrong and she feels no anxiety.

The tests say she feels anxiety.

If there is a disconnect, what would cause that? Answer that, and you will be one step closer to understanding Jodi.

I think part of the reason this crime happened is because Travis failed to understand Jodi. He thought she was fine with their "arrangement" and thought she was understanding and acquiescing to it. He couldn't have been further from the truth, because as we have learned, with Jodi, what you see is not what you get.

IMO

Question for Everyone, all opinions respected and open discussion required ;)

Do you believe people have the right to be mentally Ill?

As a mentally ill person, I do not believe I have that right.

Yes i have the right to my own person, but the moment my person becomes so disillusioned it negatively effects the person of others... I need to be forced by covilized means to get help funded by the state.

I know exactly what you are saying! She doesn't seem to show the symptoms of anxiety. Now she is waiting to hear if she is going to death row and she's giving interviews and worrying over her makeup!

Yet, this is the one factor about her that drops out of all these tests with consistency. Her anxiety parameters are off the charts.

And, these are well established tests with built in validity scales to test for distortion, lying, and trying to look good or bad. The vaildity scales say the test is telling the truth about her.

So what do we do with that? Do we throw it out? The one thing we can test for and that comes up reliably in all tests?

Here's what I think. Anxiety would come out in bodily symptoms from the autonomic nervous systems--sweating, shaking, stumbling on words, inability to think quickly, stuttering or stumbling on words, etc But we don't see those things with Jodi. In the interviews she gave last night the reporters were outright insulting to her. One asked her, basically, why don't you do the right thing and die. Watch her response closely. You see her pause. She is clearly surprised by this. She wasn't expecting it. And, then she moves right on graciously acting as if he just asked her what her favorite color is.

We know the anxiety is there. It has to be. But we don't really see it. Certainly not in proportion to what we would expect to see under such conditions.

So, there's two options here. Either there's a disconnect going on between her thoughts and her feelings [which just about everyone who has watched her for any length of time has commented on] or the tests are wrong and she feels no anxiety.

If there is a disconnect, what would cause that? Answer that, and you will be one step closer to understanding Jodi.

I think part of the reason this crime happened is because Travis failed to understand Jodi. He thought she was fine with their "arrangement" and thought she was understanding and acquiescing to it. He couldn't have been further from the truth, because as we have learned, with Jodi, what you see is not what you get.

IMO

I believe she had anxiety reads on the tests bc she was anxious when she took the tests. I think she is very good at keeping her anxiety in so that it is not readily identifiable to others. She bottles the anxiety up until she explodes.

I think all of her anxiety is directly related to situations in which she feels her appearance/intellect/character are being questioned or negatively perceived by others.
IMHO

I believe she had anxiety reads on the tests bc she was anxious when she took the tests. I think she is very good at keeping her anxiety in so that it is not readily identifiable to others. She bottles the anxiety up until she explodes.

I think all of her anxiety is directly related to situations in which she feels her appearance/intellect/character are being questioned or negatively perceived by others.
IMHO

I believe the tests. If you are not going to believe the tests, then we have no basis for discussion. These tests have been studied and developed over years to sort these things out as accurately as possible.

But, the closest I can get to identifying what it's like to be Jodi is this. I had an operation once and a lot of pain afterwards. I was put on Percoset, a class A narcotic. While on the drug, I still could feel the pain, but I just didn't care. The pain was on a planet somewhere far far away, and where I was everything was great. Anyone visiting me, or talking to me, would have no idea the amount of pain I was in because I looked happy, content, peaceful. She's not in pain! they might say. She's not acting like she's in pain! But, I was in pain, and if a doc asked me, I could report that it was there and it was at a very high level. I just didn't care.

IMO

I believe the tests. If you are not going to believe the tests, then we have no basis for discussion. These tests have been studied and developed over years to sort these things out as accurately as possible.

But, the closest I can get to identifying what it's like to be Jodi is this. I had an operation once and a lot of pain afterwards. I was put on Percoset, a class A narcotic. While on the drug, I still could feel the pain, but I just didn't care. The pain was on a planet somewhere far far away, and where I was everything was great. Anyone visiting me, or talking to me, would have no idea the amount of pain I was in because I looked happy, content, peaceful. She's not in pain! they might say. She's not acting like she's in pain! But, I was in pain, and if a doc asked me, I could report that it was there and it was at a very high level. I just didn't care.

IMO

I just agreed with you on the anxiety being a factor so you should consider my analysis. I'm feeling at this point you are just debating for the sake of being right. I suggest you digress.

Furthermore the tests concluded that she is indeed borderline, which I believe as well.

Where am I not going by the tests here?

Thank you.

IMO

IMO because she consistently filled in bubbles that indicated she had trouble concentrating, sleeping and reading...she was in JAIL.. A noisy and physically uncomfortable place.

We already know she likes to play the victim I'd bet she filled in the bubble to fit the most extreme possible answer to those specific questions.

It's not magical or rocket science;)

IMO because she consistently filled in bubbles that indicated she had trouble concentrating, sleeping and reading...she was in JAIL.. A noisy and physically uncomfortable place.

The tests would sort all that stuff out.

IMO

And as you said Molly333:

"I believe the tests. If you are not going to believe the tests, then we have no basis for discussion. These tests have been studied and developed over years to sort these things out as accurately as possible."

Well, the tests said she is Borderline, not autistic. So that throws your autism argument out.

Anything else?

IMO

ITA. What you see with her is not what you get and there is clearly a disconnect; for not just TA but for all of us.

The only way I could reconcile her tests scores without completely throwing them out the window is that she does adapt to her environment quite well. The environment of jail and confinement has got to induce anxiety. She can blend in with the environment, so she would pick up on the chaos of jail? I'm sure she was around types people and personalities she'd never encountered before. I honestly cannot imagine what I'd be like to be confined like that. I would have given myself a heart attack and picked at myself to oblivion. I'd have to be beyond medicated and I'm sure the test assessor would have noticeably witnessed my anxiety, without me even having to test for it.

Maybe she bonded with someone who was anxious, or had some sort of bewilderment upon being incarcerated that would account for her high levels of anxiety. Even though she doesn't show any symptoms outward, anxiety still cannot be hidden. It absolutely would have manifested outwardly in some way. I was even looking for very subtle signs, there are none. No one is that good. Anxiety will always show itself outwardly: Even just with facial expressions. She has none.

This is my only theory as to why she tested high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robinhood0602