POLL: Has the DNA evidence changed your theory on who killed Jonbenet?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Who do you believe killed Jonbenet?

• John and/or Patsy Ramsey

Votes: 104 53.3%
  • Burke Ramsey

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • A friend of the Ramsey's that they covered for

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • an intruder

Votes: 76 39.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
In light of the new DNA evidence, who do you believe killed Jonbenet?

No, if it came from someone other than Laci and the defence I might be swayed but nope. Especially when i'm not sure the dna under the nails and in the panties match. A half-dozen matches doesn't do it.

This ia a good post and from what I have read thus far we need to get rid of all these posters and start over. these people can no longer think with an open mind.

Are you actually suggesting getting rid of the members here that don't agree that it was an intruder?

(Oh oh oh resisting saying more until you acknowledge this:eek:)

This is just idle speculation. They probably checked on him the moment they saw the note. We simply don't know. With all the confusion going on at that time I don't think it is fair to indict someone because that is not exactly what YOU would have done in that situation. Since none of us have been inside that home, it is impossible to say absolutely what was reasonable actions at that time. Personally if I saw that he was safe and sleeping in his bed, I probably would have left him there too. Why add another layer of distraction to an already chaotic situation?

I've found fault with how the Ramseys have handled many things. (I am an RDI) One thing I have not been able to say for certain is how I would have reacted to waking up and finding my child missing. I would be so out of my mind frantic...I can't even comprehend it. Would I have looked in all the rational places? Would I even remember where I had looked? I hope I would keep my wits about me.

Would I have waken the other kids? Probably with my screaming! But if I hadn't, maybe I would have left them where I knew they were, rather than have them awake and wandering about in their own panic, where they might go somewhere out of my field of vision. Or not understand the gravity of the situation and think they are helping by going to look somewhere....despite that I had told them to stay put!

People react differently under stress and panic. Some people freeze up. If the R's are innocent, I can 't really fault them for how we think they behaved upon finding the ransom note.

Lawyering up and making plane reservations after the body has been found...now THAT's a different story!

I could not vote because I think it was someone the Ramseys knew but not someone they were covering for.

ETA: Nevermind went with intruder but do not think it was a random intruder

No, if it came from someone other than Laci and the defence I might be swayed but nope. Especially when i'm not sure the dna under the nails and in the panties match. A half-dozen matches doesn't do it.

Well said.

Mysticj, according to the DA, all the evidence has been made public. What's not to know?

Hi SuperDave! Don't forget this is the DA that brought John Mark Karr over here from Thailand based on what he said. What he was saying had been public knowldge for quite some time but apperently she never knew it. I don't think this DA even knows all the evidence. Mike Kane says 99% of the info out in the public about this case is wrong. He should know. Mary Lacy doesn't know the case. Unbelievable, but true.

How COULD she know anything about this case? She NEVER even SPOKE to the people who, unlike her, actually INVESTIGATED it! Not even ONE phone call to Tom Wickman, Michael Kane, no one. She only hired people who agreed with her. And remember: that's how the Iraq War got started. (Ask C. Powell if you don't believe me!)

The evidence DOES show otherwise. If you haven't already...read alot of the posts on here..and head on over to Forums for Justice and do the same. I will name a few...what are the chances that Patsy's q and the RN author's q, are made the same way...they both look like an 8. How did the intruder get inside...it wasn't through those locked doors...and certainly not through the basement window with the spider web still attached to it (the one that John Ramsey believes the intruder came through, because of the suitcase under the window...the suitcase had actually been moved, it was not there before the murder). How did the intruder leave....by bus, by car....by broom? Why didn't the neighbors see anything? Why didn't the neighbor's dog...the one that she claimed barked at everything and everybody....bark that night? Why did the intruder feel the need to wipe down the BATTERIES that were inside the flashlight? Why would his fingerprints be on the batteries...inside of the flashlight? (IMO..the ONLY prints on the flashlight and the batteries belonged to a Ramsey..and that is why they were both wiped clean). I give up...if just these few things do not convince you, then nothing will.
They don't convince me. The handwriting experts disagree with you - the match was rated very, very low. 3 people on this forum alone have said they make their q's like 8's. Karr's handwriting was claimed a match - that says it all for the reliability of this analysis. The intruder could have gotten in through any number of doors that could have been left open. They left, likewise, through any number of doors - or the window - I'm not sold on that spiderweb preventing it. Neighbors were asleep. The dog - I grew up with dogs. They do sleep sometimes, bark sometimes and not others. When you're asleep and they wake you up, you feel they bark at everyone - but we went up to my mom's window and knocked on it for quite some time, without the dog doing a thing - he was also a dog that barked at everyone and everything. Flashlight and batteries - weak IMO - maybe they weren't wiped down, just didn't happen to get fingerprints on them.

DNA is far stronger than any of this evidence. I don't buy elaborate conspiracy theories where the judge, scientists, DA, etc. are all corrupt or fools, nor do I buy transfer - I don't buy it when some defense attorney is trying to sell it, it sure doesn't fit here.

This ia a good post and from what I have read thus far we need to get rid of all these posters and start over. these people can no longer think with an open mind.

Excuse me? You come out of nowhere to suggest wiping the members of this forum out?! :waitasec:

:eek:
RR

Actually. the RN author demanded $118,000.00 (John's bonus amount....gee what are the odds?) for her safe return....John was a millionaire...so why the piddly amount? And how do you safely return a dead body? The RN was a total coverup.

I'm sorry, but that was not the amount, though that amount was published in the news and in the media. I was following the case back then, and I remember very well. At some point years ago, it came out that was not the amount at all, and the actual amount was published. The newspapers often make mistakes.

As to whoever said the the kidnap letter was staged, they are probably right. But, imo, the letter was definitely not staged by a parent, but by the intruder himself, as he waited in the house for the Ramseys to come home from their party. A clever thing to do, and it accomplished exactly what it was set up to do; throw the police and everyone else off track. But people who break into houses are often clever enough to do such things. In fact, for many of them, throwing the police off track is more interesting than committing the crime. :crazy:

I'm sorry, but that was not the amount, though that amount was published in the news and in the media. I was following the case back then, and I remember very well. At some point years ago, it came out that was not the amount at all, and the actual amount was published. The newspapers often make mistakes.

As to whoever said the the kidnap letter was staged, they are probably right. But, imo, the letter was definitely not staged by a parent, but by the intruder himself, as he waited in the house for the Ramseys to come home from their party. A clever thing to do, and it accomplished exactly what it was set up to do; throw the police and everyone else off track. But people who break into houses are often clever enough to do such things. In fact, for many of them, throwing the police off track is more interesting than committing the crime. :crazy:

Yes, it was the amount. The information didn't come from the newspaper...the "ransom" amount came from the actual Ransom note. I suggest you head over to www.acandyrose.com and read it for yourself.
$118,000.00 WAS the amount. Are you suggesting that someone...doctored the Ransom note? As much analysis that was done on that note...don't you think that the experts would have caught that? Are you saying that someone used...say...white-out...to erase the "actual" amount and replaced it with $118,000.00? Why would anybody do that? I have been watching this case unfold from day one also...and I remember the amount as being $ 118,000.00....not to mention again...that it was plainly written out in the ransom note.

I will have you to know that I do think with an open mind and the only rational explation is the Ramseys were involved at some level and this new old DNA changes nothing!!

ITA! the whole ransom note thing to me screams "STAGED"!. I mean, really, for what reason would an intruder write this note? Why take the time? What would be the thinking behind it? It made no sense. Obviously, she wasn't kidnapped, there was no ransom demanded, so what would be the reason, other than a coverup?

I've only been casually interested in this case, but that "ransom note thing" seemed cheesy to me too. I remember thinking- Someone has been watching too many Barnaby Jones reruns!

Please remain civil or find your posts deleted. Repeat offenders will be suspended.

nope..

sadly enough, the truth died with Patsy, as I don't even think John knows the entire truth either.

Why Boulder would offer official apology is beyond me. :waitasec:

i remember the hullyballoo before the handwriting analysis, the weird behavior of the ramsey's that night ...
their weird behavior with the police during questioning...

i never got the feeling that they were disturbed by their daughters death like i would be. I think john ramsey spent more of his effort trying to exhonerate his wife than either of them ever did to try to help find their daughters killer (which implies involvement in my eyes).

i think this new dna is corrupt evidence, and i wouldn't use it for anything unless it could be matched to another sample from another piece of evidence from the house that night (like the window sill ..).

And for anyone who is wondering why there would be a cover up, the rumor that got me the most was the one about their being a paedophile ring involving those young girls and their modeling careers. plenty of motive for cover up if hte family knew they were allowing wrong thigns to occur.

~lwr~

No. You misunderstood me. The number on the ransom note is not what I'm talking about. But the amount of the check that John Ramsey got was not $118,000, so it didn't match what Mr, Ramsey got. The true amount of the check was corrected by the news several months later.

No. You misunderstood me. The number on the ransom note is not what I'm talking about. But the amount of the check that John Ramsey got was not $118,000, so it didn't match what Mr, Ramsey got. The true amount of the check was corrected by the news several months later.

Yes, I believe his check was for a little bit OVER $118,000.

So small foreign factions can't round out figures?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back