POLL: How did JB do in closing statements pre-lunch?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

How did Jose Baez do so far?

• 1 - I pity the fool

Votes: 214 48.7%

Votes: 52 11.8%

Votes: 44 10.0%

Votes: 25 5.7%

Votes: 21 4.8%

Votes: 21 4.8%

Votes: 20 4.6%

Votes: 23 5.2%

Votes: 8 1.8%

Votes: 11 2.5%

• Total voters
Before lunch - total bomb.

After lunch and after the squabble with JA - much better.

Doesn't mean I like the dude (or ICA), but he suprised me actually. His passion showed thru at the end. Too bad he didn't have that during the trial. Oh bother.

I liked JA, but his constant water drinking was getting on my nerves. Baez didn't need a bottle. You should be able to give a speech (I've seen many) without going thru 1 1/2 bottles of water. But that's just MOO.

Personally, I wasn't impressed with JA's closing....

MOO - please and thanks.

Mel

Doesn't mean I like the dude (or ICA), but he suprised me actually. His passion showed thru at the end. Too bad he didn't have that during the trial. Oh bother.

I liked JA, but his constant water drinking was getting on my nerves. Baez didn't need a bottle. You should be able to give a speech (I've seen many) without going thru 1 1/2 bottles of water. But that's just MOO.

MOO - please and thanks.

Mel

I don't won't to quibble, but Baez sucked on a bottle quite a bit today if you ask me.

MOO - please and thanks.

Mel

Baez chugged on water when his techies switched his story boards.

I don't won't to quibble, but Baez sucked on a bottle quite a bit today if you ask me.

I agree - don't want to quibble. Especially counting ounces of water. LOL. I know we can all have different opinions and see things differently than others do :)

Huggers --

Mel

Baez chugged on water when his techies switched his story boards.

When I first read your post I thought it said that "Baez's techies twitched and he dropped his drawers". Wow!

I swear that I took a nap when he was talking about the duct tape on the gas can and when I woke up he was still holding up a photo of a gas can and talking about the same thing.

He made a few holes in the case but, I think that might have been lost because he was all over the place and kept repeating the same things so many times I started to tune him out into background noise.
Just way too long.

It was difficult to keep focused on his points. He was moving too fast without allowing the points to sink in. What he really got across was to drag George along as an unfit parent. That's what I remember most.

I do think he did a fair job, if his mission was to get his client LWOP.

I'm just thankful I don't have to sit through anymore of his arguments.

jmo

Unbelievable thought line by JB. George turned an accident of Caylee into a murder against Casey. That he took about an hour hammering that nonsensical idea out is beyond my limited comprehension. Or any one else's.

I thought he did very well in bringing up important points. I'd give him a 7. But then I always thought Caylee's death was an accident not a deliberate murder as the prosecution tried to prove. JB did drag though.

The thing with Baez, IMO, is he's all smoke and mirrors. Much like a slick salesman. His closing was good, as was most of his opening - the thing is though it's all junk, which the State can easily crush. Like the way they crushed Baez's opening statement during trial, even Baez backed away from it.

I fully expect LDB to demolish the DT's closing.

I didn't watch all of his closing. What I did see,he came across the same way to me..a slick salesman. He overdid the passion to the point it seemed fake. IMO

It seems he gave a good, passionate performance, and made some good points. Overall, what his performance had to do with seeking justice and truth I have no idea. I honestly don`t understand why is it possible to twist the facts and make so many unbased accusations in a court of law.

jmho

But, since he "knocked the ball out of park", does this mean he really did build a reputation for himself and is now considered a good lawyer?

Before lunch JB completely sucked. He was essentially begging the jury not to look at the evidence and trying to make George look guilty of some unspecified wrongdoing (the harping on when George knew the car was at Amscot was especially pointless) and IMO sounding like he wanted the jury to know they could let ICA off on a technicality. "We didn't have to do this, but we did..." IMO, that did nothing to help their case and had came off as a prolonged whine.

He also sort of conceded that a dead body could have been in the car, and then later tried to combat all the evidence that there was a body in the car. I still have no idea what their message was about that! You'd think they would come down on one side of the issue or another.

After lunch when he tried to combat the facts of the prosecution's case I thought he improved. He did nothing to combat the evidence, IMO, but as far as JB's capabilities went I thought he was more prepared for that statements than he was for the trial in general. He actually remembered evidence, witness, key points and dates. I honestly didn't think he had it in him, and I'm sure the jury by now didn't think he did either.

However when JB tries to get "passionate", he just has this high pitched whine in his voice that would be comical if I weren't wearing headphones and having it piped into my ears, lol. He doesn't do passionate rhetoric well. (he actually sound like Jerry Seinfeld with the high pitched voice when he's trying to do a funny line) I think that's quite a large drawback in a defense attorney.

Overall, he did better in closing arguments than he did for the rest of the case, but it was far too little too late to combat the mountain of evidence. And a lot of random blame (George, Vass, LE, the prosecution) that didn't seem to tell any kind of coherent story.

in hindsight, i think baez did as well as could be expected, i mean what in the heck did he have to work with? further, is there an attorney in the world that would come across looking like anything more than a slimeball when representing the likes of a casey anthony? is there such a thing as a gentleman or gentlewoman who defends these sort of clients, with class and dignity? i don't think so. they have to take the gloves off, have to get ugly, have to make outrageous claims, have to insult sensibilities, if they hope to have a chance. heck, what did geragos do for peterson?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhijones
Back