Poll - If you were on the Jury today

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

If you were on the jury today, how would you vote?

• Guilty of 1st Degree Murder - Death Penalty

Votes: 200 51.0%
  • Guilty of 1st Degree Murder - LWP

Votes: 165 42.1%
  • Guilty of a lesser charge - 10-25 years

Votes: 11 2.8%
  • Guilty of a lesser charge - Off with time served

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Not Guilty

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 10 2.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmm I voted guilty of first, lwp but I thought it said lwop....which is what I would vote for and what I believe she will most likely end up with.

I, for one, do not want to fund that. Scroll to the bottom of this page to see the average cost to house, clothe, bathe and feed one inmate per day in the State of Florida between the years of 2009 and 2010. To think that almost $500.00 per week would be spent to keep this woman in prison for the rest of her life is more than a lot even make. That's approx. $24,000 a year and over an average lifetime for her could add up to $1.2 million dollars according to my calculations, not to mention the cost to the State for her appeal(s), if any. For what, so she can think about it? I say do what needs to be done and let her memory fall where it may, hubristic heroine or not. JMHO

http://www.dc.state.fl.us/pub/annual/0910/budget.html

Florida actually has a lousy record of enacting the DP with female inmates. If you check the same link under death row, you'll see what I mean.
http://www.dc.state.fl.us/oth/deathrow/women.html
I also believe the costs associated with keeping her in solitary, under suicide watch with a guaranteed appeal might be greater than the cost of keeping her locked up for life. But I'm not sure.
I want a conviction more than I want retribution so I hope for LWOP in general pop. Either way she dies there. Take the DP off the table and she may actually get a much harsher punishment IMO.

i voted DP on this one.. the premeditation( how to make the cholorform,duct tape, driving around for a week or so w/ caylee dead in the trunk..) oh yes..very deserving of the dp, imo....i too think she will become a "party girl" if she goes to LWOP... ( a prision party girl, if you get my drift..she will use that sex appeal to get her protection from harm, so yes she would actually probably WELCOME big bertha..) not to mention trying to throw anyone under the bus, the other dude did it..roy, jesse and from what i understand even gpa george isnt safe. the willingness to blame an innocent person in this crime..oh yes i voted death

hmmm I voted guilty of first, lwp but I thought it said lwop....which is what I would vote for and what I believe she will most likely end up with.

It DID say that! Who's changing the options?

It DID say that! Who's changing the options?

Hey - you are right! I voted LWOP, but now it says LWP - no way would I vote that way! :maddening:

Has the Canadian government gotten into our voting system??? With changes like that it sure looks like it!

I voted DP and here is why:

This was not an accident. There is no reason to put duct tape on a dead person. Using it to stop bodily fluid leakage is just a ridicules thought. This girl didn’t think 5 minutes into the future, much less take steps to minimize any mess her dead daughter might make in her trunk if she didn’t dump the body soon enough. This is no staged kidnapping. You don’t AVOID reporting the very crime that you want to appear to be a kidnapping and you don’t dump the body 10 houses away from your own. And finally, you DON’T pretend to get a call from your dead daughter (from an unknown number that was disconnected a minute later) on the day her disappearance is reported. Seriously, who does that?

Thank you. That is what I wondered about. I am praying for her to be found guilty of Capital Murder as well.

I am just hoping they have their bases covered in case they get some jurors who want to believe it was an accident. Some people are perhaps going to have a hard time believing that this 'sweet young mother' could be so coldblooded, imo.

Respectfully BBM

Wait until the jurors see the jail video with ICA's parents where she loses her temper and pitches a fit.... and then see the pictures of poor little Caylee's skull with duct tape over her mouth and nose. Maybe then they won't be so quick to see her as a "sweet young mother'!!!

BTW, I love your screen name... we have always called our daughter Katydid.... and she is 27 years old!!

I voted for the DP. And I am not a big believer in that so, it took me awhile to get there in this case. I also have to add that I can only vote that way at this time knowing that it is just a poll. To take someone's life, in real life, I would have to hear a defense of her first and the rest of the prosecution's case, as I am sure they have held back some info.

I can live with having the DP available in our justice system, for certain cases. There needs to be overwhelming evidence of guilt, and overwhelming evidence that there is not likely to be contrition - due to the history and nature of a person's character. There are people who are too dangerous to stay among the living. In the past, I would have reserved it for serial killers, assassins, those who prey on children, or those who may have killed only once but imployed torture to kill, or who killed in a particularly brutal way. But, I have to say, through watching KC, I have come to realize that a person can be overwhelmingly wicked while presenting themselves in an attractive, somewhat charming package.

For me, it was like a switch flipped one day, and I saw KC as I believe she is. For a long time I thought that KC killing Caylee was almost a kind of crime of passion. A split second decision. It took a long time for it to sink in that she thought about this over time, she researched it, she manipulated everyone, she waited and she preyed on Caylee, her own flesh and blood.

The fact that Caylee was her daughter, that she relied on KC for protection but was betrayed--to take the one relationship that should create an unbreakable bond of trust and to defile it, to use it for her foul scheme of murder....that's as close to unforgivable as one can get. So, IMO, that's the 1st strike against her for the DP in my book.

The fact that she had forethought--that's number 2.

That it was brutal (duct tape) #3.

That she dumped her daughter in trash bags and drove around with her in the trunk. Then dumped her at a dump site, around the corner from her house, #4.

That she spent the evening of the day she murdered Caylee, strolling blockbuster- looking for movies, seemingly unaffected. Then watching movies that evening with her boyfriend, #5.

That she partied for the next 31 days, #6.

That she has lied for evermore about what happened to Caylee, #7.

That she never once cracked while speaking with LE about her so called "missing daughter", never voiced concern or worry, #8.

The realization that she never called 911 for help to find Caylee, that she never would have called 911, and that she didn't want to get on the phone and speak to 911 when they were called! #9

That she sold video and pictures of her (was Caylee still missing at this point??!!) murdered child for profit, #10.

That she is capable and willing, and has attempted to try and frame an innocent person(including her own father) for Caylees murder, #11.

You all get the picture, I could go on and on, these things not only point out her guilt but her consciousness of guilt and her wish to sweep this little problem under the rug (out of sight, out of mind). She didn't want to deal with this....she really wanted to tell CA & LE to just get over it and leave her alone. She is shameless. She is a cold, calculating, manipulating, remorseless, vindictive murderess.

In her own words..."Maybe I'm a spiteful b*t*h!!" Maybe you are KC Anthony, maybe you are!

Unfortunately, (and I do hate to say this), but she does deserve to die.

:cow:

Respectfully BBM

Wait until the jurors see the jail video with ICA's parents where she loses her temper and pitches a fit.... and then see the pictures of poor little Caylee's skull with duct tape over her mouth and nose. Maybe then they won't be so quick to see her as a "sweet young mother'!!!

BTW, I love your screen name... we have always called our daughter Katydid.... and she is 27 years old!!

Yes. That might do it. But they will also have the defense showing loving pictures taken of the two of them, and have testimony from people saying she was always a 'good, caring mother.' I just worry that the jury might worry about voting yes on Capital Murder.

p.s. My Grandmother always called me that, although my name is Kathleen.
I have always wondered where she got the nickname. lol

I have followed this case from the very beginning, in fact Caylee was the reason I joined WS.

I have never in my life harmed anyone, but I can tell you that if I was faced with this job I would have no problems being the one to start her IV and look into her eyes while I inject her with the drugs that will soon kill her. In fact I would prefer to have the option of electrocution. I have always thought that LWOP would be a the harsher punishment for the reason that the person would have to think about what they did for the rest of their lives. In this case KC has no remorse and I am sure that she never will, she doesn't deserve to have all of her needs met every day for the rest of her life after neglecting her daughter.

I have no sympathy for her and I do not want to see her go into the general population where she can be "famous" and make friends etc. I want her confined to her own cell as closed off from other people with little attention until those eyes are staring at her through the glass while she is on the table about to be executed.

I can not even fathom the feelings Caylee must have had over the course of her short life and the fright she must have felt in those final moments of her life when her Mother killed her. The one person you are supposed to be able to trust and you know loves you no matter what. The person who is supposed to kiss away your boo boo's, not make them. I have had more feelings for Caylee then her KC ever did and I did not have the pleasure to know her and hear her laugh before she was murdered. I'm fighting for Caylee and I want Casey to go to hell, the sooner the better in my eyes!

I voted Guilty of Murder and sentenced to death.

IMO, the death penalty is for crimes that are so heinous that we are left with no other option. Crimes against children fit into this category for me. Any crime against a child.

If ICA gets LWOP, I doubt that she will ever see a day in general population. She will be kept with a select group of inmates because her crime will put her in jeopardy in gen pop and once she becomes a prisoner her well being is the state's responsibility. She will never have to work a day in her life. Never have to wonder where her next meal is coming from. Never have to pay taxes. Her laundry will be done for her. Her meals will be prepared for her. She will make some friends. She will have penpals that declare their undying love for her. She will get to see her family when she chooses. They will supply her with plenty of money so that she can buy things. She will get to be the princess that she always thought that she should be.

Hummmm. I beginning to think that LWOP would be a holiday compared to my day to day life.

Anyway, I don't want my tax dollars taking care of this no good, worthless, scab on the butt of humanity.

Above BBM

:laugh: Perfect and fitting description!! :clap:

Personally I think she is a cold blooded killer.I would be fine with either the DP or LWP.

I am just worried that the jury might lean towards it being an accident. And IF that happens and the only option is Capital Murder or acquittal,then it might be a problem.

I share similar concerns. It's hard for me to be impartial because I loathe Casey Anthony.When I put my feelings aside,I think the Jury might come to the conclusion that,"Yes, she is guilty",but what is she guilty of. Will the Jury see evidence Caylee was murdered? Will they see evidence the duct tape was associated with her death? How about her behavior? Is it possible Casey's immature, irresponsible, personality traits could end up helping her? The Jury might conclude this immature young woman would behave the same way if Caylee died by accident. As much as I hate to consider the above, it is a possible scenario.
:truce:

I voted for the DP. And I am not a big believer in that so, it took me awhile to get there in this case. I also have to add that I can only vote that way at this time knowing that it is just a poll. To take someone's life, in real life, I would have to hear a defense of her first and the rest of the prosecution's case, as I am sure they have held back some info.

I can live with having the DP available in our justice system, for certain cases. There needs to be overwhelming evidence of guilt, and overwhelming evidence that there is not likely to be contrition - due to the history and nature of a person's character. There are people who are too dangerous to stay among the living. In the past, I would have reserved it for serial killers, assassins, those who prey on children, or those who may have killed only once but imployed torture to kill, or who killed in a particularly brutal way. But, I have to say, through watching KC, I have come to realize that a person can be overwhelmingly wicked while presenting themselves in an attractive, somewhat charming package.

For me, it was like a switch flipped one day, and I saw KC as I believe she is. For a long time I thought that KC killing Caylee was almost a kind of crime of passion. A split second decision. It took a long time for it to sink in that she thought about this over time, she researched it, she manipulated everyone, she waited and she preyed on Caylee, her own flesh and blood.

The fact that Caylee was her daughter, that she relied on KC for protection but was betrayed--to take the one relationship that should create an unbreakable bond of trust and to defile it, to use it for her foul scheme of murder....that's as close to unforgivable as one can get. So, IMO, that's the 1st strike against her for the DP in my book.

The fact that she had forethought--that's number 2.

That it was brutal (duct tape) #3.

That she dumped her daughter in trash bags and drove around with her in the trunk. Then dumped her at a dump site, around the corner from her house, #4.

That she spent the evening of the day she murdered Caylee, strolling blockbuster- looking for movies, seemingly unaffected. Then watching movies that evening with her boyfriend, #5.

That she partied for the next 31 days, #6.

That she has lied for evermore about what happened to Caylee, #7.

That she never once cracked while speaking with LE about her so called "missing daughter", never voiced concern or worry, #8.

The realization that she never called 911 for help to find Caylee, that she never would have called 911, and that she didn't want to get on the phone and speak to 911 when they were called! #9

That she sold video and pictures of her (was Caylee still missing at this point??!!) murdered child for profit, #10.

That she is capable and willing, and has attempted to try and frame an innocent person(including her own father) for Caylees murder, #11.

You all get the picture, I could go on and on, these things not only point out her guilt but her consciousness of guilt and her wish to sweep this little problem under the rug (out of sight, out of mind). She didn't want to deal with this....she really wanted to tell CA & LE to just get over it and leave her alone. She is shameless. She is a cold, calculating, manipulating, remorseless, vindictive murderess.

In her own words..."Maybe I'm a spiteful b*t*h!!" Maybe you are KC Anthony, maybe you are!

Unfortunately, (and I do hate to say this), but she does deserve to die.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Great post, doogiesgirl..

I only hope since Dr. G could not find COD, that the jury will infur just what that duct tape was used for...to shut someone up, to keep them from breathing, causing unimaginable fear, they too will come to that conclusion. However, IMO, death is too easy for ICA..she should face a lifetime in prison having to deal with the big bertha's of prison. Become someone's biatch, or be beaten to a bloody pulp, would be the best medicine.

Keep her from what she wanted the most in life, FREEDOM.....MEN.....although I think she can get on with only woman in her life, it wouldn't be the same as it would on the OUTSIDE...keep her caged like the beast she is...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

If you were a juror today, with all the evidence we have seen, what verdict and penalty would you apply? Please elaborate, if you would like :)

With all due respect.:blowkiss:
Why were the options changed. NO WAY would I have voted LWP.:waitasec:

Yes. That might do it. But they will also have the defense showing loving pictures taken of the two of them, and have testimony from people saying she was always a 'good, caring mother.' I just worry that the jury might worry about voting yes on Capital Murder.

p.s. My Grandmother always called me that, although my name is Kathleen.
I have always wondered where she got the nickname. lol

I do understand what you are saying... and the defense certainly will be showing plenty of pictures and video of ICA and Caylee together trying to give the impression she is a loving mother., I'll be sick when I have to see those pictures.

O/T: My daughter's name is actually Catherine, but nicknamed Katie.... so we started calling her Katydid when she was just a baby. I assume you know a katydid is a grasshopper?
grasshopper.gif

voted LWOP -- Premeditation is obvious . . . denial of a pregnancy at her uncle's wedding plus the 31 days she was searching ALONE for Caylee is damning evidence to me. She should live the rest of her long life thinking about what she did to herself, her offspring, and her family. What a piece of work.

I wonder if KC is part of the 82% of the "kids" today who think they are VIPs (compared to 20% < 20 yrs ago).

(Former Katydid -- my mom's pet name for me when I was little)

Guilty of 1st Degree Murder - Death Penalty

Due to premeditation and heinousness of the crime (duct tape). I do NOT think she is or was insane. Out of control sociopath, yes. And I also think George and Cindy Anthony are damn lucky to be alive.

With all due respect.:blowkiss:
Why were the options changed. NO WAY would I have voted LWP.:waitasec:

in addition in the state of FL a life sentence is literal - if she gets life, she does not get parole.

I voted DP - Lw/oP is also a good option but I don't want ICA socializing with her new friends. I don't want her to make a life for herself behind bars (and I think she will, if allowed to). I want her to know that HER FORMER PEERS find her to be reprehensible - I want her to feel the same terror that sweet little Caylee felt.

ICA has not shown one iota of remorse or loss over Caylee's death so I don't think a lifetime behind bars will make a dent in her conscious.

I wish DP convicts were handed a date of death, in court with sentencing - so they would know from that minute forward their days are numbered, their appeals should not go on, and on, and on - for years. Get it before the Court of Appeals and if denied TIMES UP! Just like their victims.

Until recently I was against the DP - but with the heinous crimes being committed today against the most defenseless among us, I have changed my way of thinking. Take a life, pay with your life. ICA does not deserve to spend the next 60+ years sponging of the citizens of the state of FL - the only worthwhile thing she ever did in her life (that I have seen) was giving life to Caylee then she cruelly and with forethought took that life away. (What's given can be taken away...)

Throw her in a solitary cell, pretend she's dead until her appeal is up, then make her so and forget about her. Let her go to eternity knowing she is not special, she is despicable.

I would just like to mention how much I luv WS and enjoy reading everyone's opinions. This site is the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ANicholls16