Poll - If you were on the Jury today

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

If you were on the jury today, how would you vote?

• Guilty of 1st Degree Murder - Death Penalty

Votes: 200 51.0%
  • Guilty of 1st Degree Murder - LWP

Votes: 165 42.1%
  • Guilty of a lesser charge - 10-25 years

Votes: 11 2.8%
  • Guilty of a lesser charge - Off with time served

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Not Guilty

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 10 2.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
imagesCANZ1IAU.jpg

This.... Caylee Marie Anthony... is where the truth is!! She did NOT duct tape herself! She did not bag herself in trash bags... not once... but TWICE!! She did not then place herself in a laundry bag and throw herself in a swamp like environment to be eaten by animals!!

Probably the ONLY moment KC will ever,ever, have of putting herself into Caylee's shoes will be when she takes her last walk down that "green mile" headed for the needle.

KC loves herself a lot. She'll feel real pain worrying about what is going to happen to her after she draws her last breath. I've read Ted Bundy practically had to be carried he was so scared.

Prison would be like a sorority house to KC. Susan Smith managed to have affairs with her guards. Karla Homolka had lovers that she pitted against each other that competed for her love with gifts. Sociopaths thrive in prison.

KC is an intelligent woman who had options. There are no mitigating circumstances. I want her to pay for what she did and to FEEL something because of what she did to Caylee. If that SOMTHING is fear for herself, it is at least something.

DP

Like the 1 person voting not guilty would admit it in this thread or anywhere on this forum. They would be attacked in a heart beat. Look at the reaction to just the vote.

OneLostGrl... Give us a little credit here... please! No one is going to attack the person who voted "not guilty." The moderators would not even allow it! The reaction to the vote is natural! If the person who voted the not guilty verdict were to speak up... they would NOT be attacked! They would be probed and asked a lot of questions... but attacked is a very harsh word!

I voted guilty LWP for 2 reasons. Since the state cannot give a cause of death there leaves some doubt in my mind that it may have been an accidental death and KC used duct tape to stop the body purging. I also feel any defects in KC's personality or mental health can be blamed on some very strange family dynamics. She never stood a chance at being "normal". If it wasn't this issue it would have been another...I doubt she would have ever thrived as an adult on her own. No doubt the child died in her care, how she died we may never know. But she did live the good life for 31 days and did hide the body and did lie to police. I have a problem with the death penalty as well.

I've been lurking for a long time and finally making my first post! I really enjoy this site.

View attachment 14632

This.... Caylee Marie Anthony... is where the truth is!! She did NOT duct tape herself! She did not bag herself in trash bags... not once... but TWICE!! She did not then place herself in a laundry bag and throw herself in a swamp like environment to be eaten by animals!!

Exactly! But it's about whether the state can convince 12 jurors beyond a reasonable doubt that ICA and only ICA was responsible for the crime, while the DT tries to convince them that any number of people who had access to the tape, trash/laundry bag etc 'could' have been responsible.

This poll is a bit tricky knowing the jury won't be privy to everything that we have seen/read/heard.

Exactly! But it's about whether the state can convince 12 jurors beyond a reasonable doubt that ICA and only ICA was responsible for the crime, while the DT tries to convince them that any number of people who had access to the tape, trash/laundry bag etc 'could' have been responsible.

This poll is a bit tricky knowing the jury won't be privy to everything that we have seen/read/heard.
Well we know that Zanny didn't have a key to the house, neither did Roy Kronk, Tony L. wasn't even aware that Caylee was missing, so who else do you suggest???

Well we know that Zanny didn't have a key to the house, neither did Roy Kronk, Tony L. wasn't even aware that Caylee was missing, so who else do you suggest???

To be clear: I don't suggest or suspect anyone other than ICA. My focus is on what the DT will throw out there, and I don't think even they will be specific about pointing the finger at any one person.
I do think they will make the point that anybody who had access to the Anthony home 'could' be responsible in an effort to create reasonable doubt.
JMO

ETA: Ie: Members of the Anthony family and/or any visitors to the house.

Okay! How may people can the Defense accuse of murdering Caylee until they jury says... THIS IS A JOKE!?!

You are 100% correct that we can only base our opinions off of what we have seen... since the defense has given NOTHING!!! What? Are we to believe Roy Kronk killed Caylee? That Jesse Grund killed Caylee? That Tony killed Caylee? That Amy killed Caylee? That Ricardo killed Caylee? That George killed Caylee? That Lee killed Caylee??

The evidence... points to Casey! Has there EVER been a point in these nearly three years that have made you ask yourself that anyone other than CASEY killed Caylee. I can say... for myself... that the answer is NO. Nothing has ever waivered... in my mind and I have looked at every single piece of evidence.

MOO

I voted DP but after reading the posts here am sort of on the DP/ LWOP fence now.
Because while I agree LWOP would be a horrible, horrible thing to have to face,for a NORMAL person, I also believe Casey is so NOT NORMAL and mentally twisted that she has already adjusted to life in jail, even on 23 hour lockdown, she has carved out a new (albeit NOT bella vita LOL) life for herself in there.
Content to 1 hr of TV or shower time daily, content to spend her days, right now, supposedly hashing through Baez's notes and making her own, organizing for Baez, for the hearings and upcoming trial,etc. The little legal assistant that she thinks she is.
Content to eat whatever it is they are serving- (but all the morons out there who send her money have made it easy for her to just keep a stockpile of snacks at hand at all times to fill her up till next meal time.) Once she is sent to prison, she will be happy to see the selection from her commissary account will be much broader than the county jails selection. Things like radios and even little TV's can be purchased there.
Content to hold the title of Most Hated Female in America, and to hold the distinction of the female that has been locked up there the longest. Almost a jail rock star.
She's content, for now, that she doesn't have to talk face to face with her parents. Once she goes to trial and is sentenced and is in prison, I wonder what excuse she will use to George and Cindy (and maybe even Lee) as to why she wants no visits from them. She can't continue to be a beotch and snub them once shes in prison, because that might stop any money that might be coming her way from George and Cindy. Then there is always the young men that profess love for her and correspond with her, and send her money here and there, and the 35 year old dudes who still live in their mothers basement who will be sending her $25 every month like clockwork. Those all add up!!!
Maybe shes content to spending the larger part of her day locked up and replying to all the guys (and some girls too) who write her. Maybe Casey is stringing each one of them along telling them they are "the only one". Jeez, she would be in bella vita AND nirvana if she were able to devote most of her day to lying, spinning wild stories about herself, conning them out of money, while vowing to them she writes to no one else. She would probably tell herself that it was the same as being 'employed', in fact she could even go so far as to say to herself that she is 'SELF employed'. Yes, she will be more than content creating other personalities all day.
What about the lack of heterosexual intimate relations cos she's locked up? Well I can easily imagine her turning up pregnat in prison in the future. Oopsie. Maybe Casey will be happy to be pregnant in prison, have the baby and give custody of it to George and Cindy. You know, to make up for the first one which didn't work out. Hey- that would be a two-fer cos Cindy could turn around and get the baby plus sue the prison for Casey's getting pregnant in the first place. Another payday for Cindy! Cha-Ching! She will never stop making money off her dead grand daughters memory.
Oh I am just speculating that's all.

I would be for LWOP for sure about now, but I feel Casey is happily institutionalized already. She doesn't ever have to worry about working again. Not that she every really did.
Her basic needs are met for her.
She might even enjoy the routines and rules of day-to-day prison life. And after all, "Rules are made to be broken!", right? She will make a game of skirting the rules and seeing what trivial stuff she can get away with. When you have LWOP what's the worst they can do to you if you get caught? Add to your time???? LOL. Casey will love the cat-and-mouse with the corrections officers, especially the male ones.

Okay! How may people can the Defense accuse of murdering Caylee until they jury says... THIS IS A JOKE!?!

You are 100% correct that we can only base our opinions off of what we have seen... since the defense has given NOTHING!!! What? Are we to believe Roy Kronk killed Caylee? That Jesse Grund killed Caylee? That Tony killed Caylee? That Amy killed Caylee? That Ricardo killed Caylee? That George killed Caylee? That Lee killed Caylee??

The evidence... points to Casey! Has there EVER been a point in these nearly three years that have made you ask yourself that anyone other than CASEY killed Caylee. I can say... for myself... that the answer is NO. Nothing has ever waivered... in my mind and I have looked at every single piece of evidence.

MOO

That's why I suspect they won't even attempt to point the finger at any one person. I'm expecting them to make a lot of insinuations though.

And yes....I have questioned it. Even though my gut told me from the outset she was guilty as sin, I weighed up the evidence as it was released and concluded that the evidence validates my personal feelings.
JMO

Jayla,

=-) Wasn't trying, which is why it didn't happen. I could never write poetry about this case. I didn't quote you as I'm not totally sure how to do this. I'm learning sloooowly. Thank you sorta. =-)

Teresa

No worries-I looked up haiku, and your post had absolutely no bearing on the prose or meter. So once again, it is I who am the Queen of Dopiness, and I will not resign that crown without a fight!!

Apparently, there are only two women currently on Death Row in Florida so a.) It looks like it's very rare for a woman murderer to get the DP and 2.) Casey will probably feel pretty special if she is sentenced to death

Jayla,

=-) Wasn't trying, which is why it didn't happen. I could never write poetry about this case. I didn't quote you as I'm not totally sure how to do this. I'm learning sloooowly. Thank you sorta. =-)

Teresa

OT- :welcome:

To quote a post you click on 'quote' at the bottom right side of their post. A new window will pop open and you will see their quote at the top of a box. You type in your response under it. If you want you can decorate with smileys that are on the right side by clicking on the one you want (the welcome one I posted above shows up like this : welcome : ). Then you click on 'submit reply'.

Apparently, there are only two women currently on Death Row in Florida so a.) It looks like it's very rare for a woman murderer to get the DP and 2.) Casey will probably feel pretty special if she is sentenced to death

That may well be true,(her feeling special and all) but one thing certain she would not get a Law Degree at the expense of the T/Pers of Fla., on death row JMHO:twocents:

That's why I suspect they won't even attempt to point the finger at any one person. I'm expecting them to make a lot of insinuations though.

And yes....I have questioned it. Even though my gut told me from the outset she was guilty as sin, I weighed up the evidence as it was released and concluded that the evidence validates my personal feelings.
JMO

I wish I could have questioned it. I have tried and tried to question it. I have never been able to get past the 31 days. I didn't even know Casey or Caylee's names at the time. I just read the headline... "Mom Doesn't Report Toddler Missing For 31 Days" and my first thoughts were "This woman killed her baby." Everything after that just reaffirmed it.

I don't know what the defense is going to do... I would love to agree that they have no plans to point the finger at other people... but I don't know? Insinuations would only anger a jury, imo? People don't like to be treated like idiots... and the defense has a habit of doing that... even to Judge Perry himself? :banghead:

I voted guilty LWP for 2 reasons. Since the state cannot give a cause of death there leaves some doubt in my mind that it may have been an accidental death and KC used duct tape to stop the body purging. I also feel any defects in KC's personality or mental health can be blamed on some very strange family dynamics. She never stood a chance at being "normal". If it wasn't this issue it would have been another...I doubt she would have ever thrived as an adult on her own. No doubt the child died in her care, how she died we may never know. But she did live the good life for 31 days and did hide the body and did lie to police. I have a problem with the death penalty as well.

I've been lurking for a long time and finally making my first post! I really enjoy this site.

:wagon: NICE FIRST POST. :welcome4:

I agree with much of your post. Right now I am on the fence about DP,but could be easily swayed in the trial.

With what I have seen as of now I voted DP but its hard to say because I havent heard from the defense yet. With that said I have to say that I would be just as happy with LWOP. The thought of her with all the other inmates and knowing how they feel about inmates that kill children.After all is said in done Casey might be wishing she got the DP instead :twocents:

Welcome marycontrary!! So happy you came out of lurking to join us!!

Your two areas of concern are very valid. There is no cause of death, but the decision to list Caylee's death as a homicide by undertermined means is not something the Medical Examiner made lightly. There were many factors that went into that decision. One of them is your second concern... the duct tape. She made the determination that the duct tape was placed on Caylee's lower face prior to decomposition. I am sure she will explain in much more painful detail in how she came to that conclusion at trial... since for some reason... we have not seen the deposition yet?

I am by no means an expert in anything... except making alcoholic concoctions... but I would say that if the duct tape was placed on Caylee's lower face after the purging stage of decomposition... it may have not stayed on Caylee's lower face as it was found in December 2008. The tape had to be wrapped around Caylee's lower face pretty tight to remain in tact through what Caylee went through and I don't know if Casey had placed it on her face after fluids had already begun to leak from her nose and mouth would have made that possible?

I personally do not believe that Caylee died accidentally, but it would be nice if Casey would just tell the truth and we could all get the answers that we need.

AMen To That I want Justice for Caylee...I want the blinders off and people to see the whole bunch of A for the way they handled themselves.
I am a grandmother and I love my children..but let my child harm my grandchild and I would not cover it up...I would feel responsible for not raising my children better and not teaching them how ro be a better parent.
I would not allow my children who have kids of their own to harm,neglect or abuse my grandbaby and not stand up to defend them.
George and Cindy care more about the spoiled brat they raised, than the sweet little innocent who anyone of us would have loved to be able to hold and take away her pain.

Casey is a cold hearted murderer.
She,looked that beautiful child in the face when she placed the duct tape on her hands and face!
She makes me sick when she smiles..Caylee can't smile,run laugh or grow -up because of the disagreements between Casey and Cindy..this baby was a pawn...
Put em all in jail..neglect is punishable by jail time.
Caylee, lived in that house..she wasn't visiting..How could Cindy and George not go see her, she was missing a month from all of them...
You don't know me. but I have 3 grandson's ages 22,20,16 year. They do not live with me and I can guarantee there has been only a few days in our lives that I have not spoken to them, or have not seen them within a few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GhostFromThePast