Votes: 333 47.9%
  • To stage a kidnapping

Votes: 184 26.5%
  • Other

Votes: 178 25.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the duct tape was applied to a live child and some hairs were pulled out in the process wouldn't those hairs NOT have the "deathband" of a post mortem hair? If it also had hairs that DID have the "deathband" hair I would think that could prove it was applied to a live child who died after the duct tape was in place.

This is an excellent observation. Those hairs very likely could tell the tale of how it played out.

I believe the chloroform and the duct tape were used solely to make it look like a kidnapping.

I'm certainly no more knowledgeable than anyone else on this board, but while LE isn't letting much out about all of this, they have specifically stated they do not believe it was to make it appear as a kidnapping.

I'm certainly no more knowledgeable than anyone else on this board, but while LE isn't letting much out about all of this, they have specifically stated they do not believe it was to make it appear as a kidnapping.

Which means they either feel the duct tape was placed over Caylee's mouth to keep her quiet in the car or it was used to keep her quiet while she was murdered!:mad:

To think that chloroform was only used as a cleaning agent does nothing to address the computer searches that were done in May.

I apologize if this sounds ignorant, but is there a way to tell if the duct tape was placed on a live or dead Caylee? I always thought the chloroform rag (was there even a rag)? was held in place with the duct tape.....to read it was completely wrapped around the head means there was no way a 2 year old could have pulled it off her own head. could chloroform been placed directly on the tape?

I agree with a poster who guessed the duct tape wrapping was used to hold a washrag with chloroform in place over the nose and mouth.

Chloroform wouldn’t be effective if oxygen weren’t cut off completely.

I used to work as a wildlife rehabber years ago and have seen animals put down with chloroform. The saturated gauze had to be held tightly to be humane and it usually took two people to restrain the struggling animal. It takes guts and strength to hold that gauze in place even knowing that it is ending the animals suffering because it is not really that quick. I am guessing Casey had neither guts nor strength thus the duct tape wrapping.

IMO

Well this is not for certain. I just think that there is a desire by the LE to say, "This is not a kidnapping." I think their statements might have been towards that end. Whereas, they believe this was a murder and yet there still could have been an attempt to cover it up by staging a kidnapping. But saying in anyway it might have looked like a kidnapping, helps the defense.

I agree with a poster who guessed the duct tape wrapping was used to hold a washrag with chloroform in place over the nose and mouth.

I used to work as a wildlife rehabber years ago and have seen animals put down with chloroform. The saturated gauze had to be held tightly to be humane and it usually took two people to restrain the struggling animal. It takes guts and strength to hold that gauze in place even knowing that it is ending the animals suffering because it is not really that quick. I am guessing Casey had neither guts nor strength thus the duct tape wrapping.

IMO

I thought chloroform was painless.

IMO

Hi jade,

What I'm wondering is this: LE has said they're still trying to make sense of why the tape was used. If it was used to hold a cloth in place, wouldn't that cloth still be under it?

Hi jade,

What I'm wondering is this: LE has said they're still trying to make sense of why the tape was used. If it was used to hold a cloth in place, wouldn't that cloth still be under it?

Maybe that is what links the remains to the Anthony home?

Testing would have to be completed on any items in the bag or on the remains before they could conclude positively …...

I think the tape was used to keep Caylee quiet because she was screaming and crying to go home, or else as punishment because she told CA something that KC didn't want her to tell.

The struggle is because of the nose and mouth being covered and it is a primal instinct to fight against that.

IMO

But it was not mentioned the tape was covering the nose ,only accross the mouth and around the skull. I need more information.

I voted other. I think she used the duct tape to block body fluids from coming out of the mouth after she died.

I wouldn't give Casey that much credit. She's not smart by any means.

I wouldn't give Casey that much credit. She's not smart by any means.

IMHO, I don't think it takes any more brains to wrap the head with duct tape to block leaking fluids than it does to place the body in a trash bag and wrap that with duct tape, which rumor has as well. I think it is a very plausible explanation.

I believe it was wrapped around her mouth tightly so she could not remove it, keeping her quiet if she should happen to awake from being drugged either by drugs or chloroform

IMO
Duct tape screams premeditated murder to me.Let's see her try and avoid getting the death penalty now.

I hate to even write this...

what if the duct tape was used to hold a towel on the head or face to help stop the bleeding....after she died.....so that it didnt make a hudge mess....? ugg...makes me sick... thought I would throw that out there....

I've heard criminologist discuss how one way they distinguish if the victim knew the murderer was by how the victim was found. Apparently, murderers that kill someone they know don't like to look at the face so they either turn the victim over face down or cover the face with something....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member