Poll: Why did Garrido bring Jaycee to the PO office?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Why do you think Garrido brought Jaycee along to the PO's office?

• He was tired of running and wanted to get caught

Votes: 14 8.9%
  • He saw the opportunity for his 15 min of fame

Votes: 8 5.1%
  • He thought LE would believe his lies that she was his niece

Votes: 103 65.6%
  • Other ideas

Votes: 39 24.8%

• Total voters
And PG was right about Jaycee. She stuck with him to the bitter end. It seems a little sad that she did, but that's a measure of 18 years of isolation, domination and indoctrination all from the tender age of 11. If there is one small consolation it's this: for all the things Jaycee now feels guilt about she can't feel guilty for putting Garrido behind bars. He put himself there. That must be the biggest irony out of the whole 18 year madness.

i also think the motivation for spinning lies that day was cause she was petrified either the cops would take her girls from her or garrido might do something to all of them if she didnt.
this makes sense when you realize how she not only revealed her identity but gave them info to file the massive charges they did.

Another point to make here: I think it would take longer than 30 minutes to get from UC Berkeley to Pittsburg or Antioch. I think she would have met them somewhere.

Google Map's best estimate for getting to Piitsburg from Cal is 40 minutes, no traffic, no endless stopping for pedestrians around campus (LOL). Not to mention that he was there the day before classes started, so the campus area would have been packed.

Sorry to disagree with you, anthroamy, but 30 minutes is the length of time it would take to get from the University to JM Enterprises. He would have taken Ashby Ave. to the Tunnel and it wouldn't take any longer than that. :)

I bet CM is the one that came up with the story of the MN abused wife. Sounds like her kind of drama!

Another point to make here: I think it would take longer than 30 minutes to get from UC Berkeley to Pittsburg or Antioch. I think she would have met them somewhere.

Google Map's best estimate for getting to Piitsburg from Cal is 40 minutes, no traffic, no endless stopping for pedestrians around campus (LOL). Not to mention that he was there the day before classes started, so the campus area would have been packed.

I agree with you my2sisters. I have driven it in about that amount of time, but not during commuter hours.

I've been thinking about this though and it seems to me that if he dropped them anywhere it would have been in Pleasant Hill at the Molinos personal residence. I can see him doing that, over dropping them off at the auto yard. He wouldn't want his "girls" with all the unsavory characters.

i also think the motivation for spinning lies that day was cause she was petrified either the cops would take her girls from her or garrido might do something to all of them if she didnt.
this makes sense when you realize how she not only revealed her identity but gave them info to file the massive charges they did.

Yes, I'm sure Jaycee was scared. I think she was scared of the unknown if discovered. How could she live? How could she support two girls? Would they be taken from her? But she did only reveal her identity after the police told her Garrido has confessed to her abduction. Her attorney said yesterday that Jaycee is committed to seeing Garrido held accountable for his crimes. So she'll "have her day in court" as they say. And she'll be seeing him in a different light.

Yes, I'm sure Jaycee was scared. I think she was scared of the unknown if discovered. How could she live? How could she support two girls? Would they be taken from her? But she did only reveal her identity after the police told her Garrido has confessed to her abduction. Her attorney said yesterday that Jaycee is committed to seeing Garrido held accountable for his crimes. So she'll "have her day in court" as they say. And she'll be seeing him in a different light.

i have no doubt she will testify if they need her.
i would frankly pay money to see it in fact

He believes all of his crap. He really believes that God talks to him. He is such a supreme being and he can change the world. Everyone will fall at his feet when he tells what has happened! It's such a beautiful story.

It's ALWAYS been all about HIM! I think Mommy dearest set the stage for P (i) G getting away with whatever he wanted because he's so precious, and Nancy just drooled over her beloved P(i)G. Why wouldn't the world believe darling P (i) G when he revealed this story?

Here was his chance to tell the story. Torpedoes be damned! Full speed AHEAD! A man of courage! A man of greatness! I think he felt the time was NOW!

I really believe that he thought nothing would happen to him. I mean, really, he brought his manifesto to the FBI. Delusions of grandeur to the max!

@Pedropete: She didn't stick by *him* to the bitter end. She fought for *survival*, especially that of her daughters, to the bitter end. We need to be careful in what words we use to describe her actions. Yes, the only way she ensured her survival and that of her daughters was to do exactly as he demanded, but it wasn't about being loyal to this evil *advertiser censored*, but being loyal to her girls and herself.

And didn't we already establish that Nancy was in the room with her initially?

Sorry to disagree with you, anthroamy, but 30 minutes is the length of time it would take to get from the University to JM Enterprises. He would have taken Ashby Ave. to the Tunnel and it wouldn't take any longer than that. :)

I bet CM is the one that came up with the story of the MN abused wife. Sounds like her kind of drama!

That's what I was remembering, but it was 20 years since I've lived in the Bay Area and I figure traffic is a lot worse now than then. However, he also could have taken them to another place, where ever Cheyvonne was??? But WHY? That's my concern.

That's what I was remembering, but it was 20 years since I've lived in the Bay Area and I figure traffic is a lot worse now than then. However, he also could have taken them to another place, where ever Cheyvonne was??? But WHY? That's my concern.

Maybe they met at the Molino's house in Pleasant Hill. That would cut 10-20 minutes off the drive time. Thinking about it, I don't think Cheyvonne spent much time at the auto junk yard. LOL

@Pedropete: She didn't stick by *him* to the bitter end. She fought for *survival*, especially that of her daughters, to the bitter end. We need to be careful in what words we use to describe her actions. Yes, the only way she ensured her survival and that of her daughters was to do exactly as he demanded, but it wasn't about being loyal to this evil *advertiser censored*, but being loyal to her girls and herself.

And didn't we already establish that Nancy was in the room with her initially?

I'm not really disagreeing with anyone here, but we do not know what Jaycee was thinking. I wouldn't say she either stood by him to the bitter end nor was just concerned about survival in the way you put it. Many experts do think she probably has Stockholm syndrome, at least to some degree. It would be absolutely amazing if she didn't. Having it is not something she should be ashamed of or deny, if she does.

I'm not really disagreeing with anyone here, but we do not know what Jaycee was thinking. I wouldn't say she either stood by him to the bitter end nor was just concerned about survival in the way you put it. Many experts do think she probably has Stockholm syndrome, at least to some degree. It would be absolutely amazing if she didn't. Having it is not something she should be ashamed of or deny, if she does.

ITA. I don't think it's a stretch to say she had Stockholm syndrome, but like you noted, it's impossible to know exactly how she felt/feels. Like I've mentioned in a previous thread, people close to Jaycee have said she had a "strong bond" that was "almost like a marriage" with Garrido, and not too long ago, her attorney said she had "mixed" and "conflicting" emotions about her history with the Garridos. I would not be the least bit surprised if she had/has some positive feelings for the Garridos, but of course, it is not her fault if she did/does. Bonding like she may have done is a survival/defense mechanism. She is not to blame for any of this, regardless of how she feels. She needs time, patience, and most importantly, love. Hopefully, in time, she will be able to work through this, and if she can't completely rid herself of her inner turmoil, she still deserves love and understanding.

ITA. I don't think it's a stretch to say she had Stockholm syndrome, but like you noted, it's impossible to know exactly how she felt/feels. Like I've mentioned in a previous thread, people close to Jaycee have said she had a "strong bond" that was "almost like a marriage" with Garrido, and not too long ago, her attorney said she had "mixed" and "conflicting" emotions about her history with the Garridos. I would not be the least bit surprised if she had/has some positive feelings for the Garridos, but of course, it is not her fault if she did/does. Bonding like she may have done is a survival/defense mechanism. She is not to blame for any of this, regardless of how she feels. She needs time, patience, and most importantly, love. Hopefully, in time, she will be able to work through this, and if she can't completely rid herself of her inner turmoil, she still deserves love and understanding.

That's an outstanding post. Jaycee is probably very conflicted. Some posters have a hard time handling that she probably had/has positive emotions towards the Garridos and didn't/doesn't view them as the monsters everybody else does. Her lawyer said she has mixed emotions about their arrest. I'm sure he didn't mean that she can't decide if she hates them a little or a lot. Even though she knows they did horrible things to her and they have to be held accountable, obviously a part of her didn't want them to be arrested. It's not of question of did she lie at the PO office out of fear of PG and to protect her children or did she do it out of loyalty to PG and try to protect him. It was all of the above.
and Beenabobba is right. It's a result of what her life has been for 18 years and she needs to be with people who will show her patience, love, and understanding. And she's getting that from her family now.

That's an outstanding post. Jaycee is probably very conflicted. Some posters have a hard time handling that she probably had/has positive emotions towards the Garridos and didn't/doesn't view them as the monsters everybody else does. Her lawyer said she has mixed emotions about their arrest. I'm sure he didn't mean that she can't decide if she hates them a little or a lot. Even though she knows they did horrible things to her and they have to be held accountable, obviously a part of her didn't want them to be arrested. It's not of question of did she lie at the PO office out of fear of PG and to protect her children or did she do it out of loyalty to PG and try to protect him. It was all of the above.
and Beenabobba is right. It's a result of what her life has been for 18 years and she needs to be with people who will show her patience, love, and understanding. And she's getting that from her family now.

Thank you Delrod and BeenaBobba for your post! Both were excellent. Do you have links to these statements from Jaycee's lawyer (or recall which interview it was)? I don't remember him saying anything that explicitly, but I've only read his statements, not watched any TV interviews, etc. so I probably missed it. :)

Thank you Delrod and BeenaBobba for your post! Both were excellent. Do you have links to these statements from Jaycee's lawyer (or recall which interview it was)? I don't remember him saying anything that explicitly, but I've only read his statements, not watched any TV interviews, etc. so I probably missed it. :)

Anthroamy, I'd have to go back and look through a lot of stuff to find the link and don't have time to do that right now. But I think it was in that first press conference when it was announced that he would be representing Jaycee and her family.

Anthroamy, it's not a direct quote by the lawyer, but here is from an AP story on Sept. 24. The attorney's words are in quotes:

The lawyer for a Northern California woman found alive 18 years after she was kidnapped said Thursday his client initially had mixed emotions surrounding the arrest of her alleged captors but now "fully understands that some terrible things were done to her."

And here is a link that says basically the same thing.

http://www.abcnews.go.com/US/lawyer-jaycee-dugards-family-remarkably/Story?id=8659761&page=1

Here is a quote from the abcnews link above:

During an appearance on "The Today" show, Scott said Jaycee has mixed emotions surrounding the arrest of her alleged captors, who she lived with for 18 years. Phillip Garrido fathered her two children.

But Jaycee realizes "some bad and terrible things were done to her," he said.

JC had to develop some sort of bond with PG in order to ensure she and her girls would survive. It will take time for JC to sort her emotions about PG out but she'll probably never see him for the complete monster that he is because he's her girls father and even monsters like PG can be good at times.

The fact that JC hasn't gone to see PG in prison is a good sign that his hold over her is wearing off. JC is a strong woman and I hate that there's so many people (not here) judging her when all the facts aren't in. People need to remember that JC did what she HAD to do, not wanted!

JC had to develop some sort of bond with PG in order to ensure she and her girls would survive. It will take time for JC to sort her emotions about PG out but she'll probably never see him for the complete monster that he is because he's her girls father and even monsters like PG can be good at times.

The fact that JC hasn't gone to see PG in prison is a good sign that his hold over her is wearing off. JC is a strong woman and I hate that there's so many people (not here) judging her when all the facts aren't in. People need to remember that JC did what she HAD to do, not wanted!

How would she be able to visit him in prison even if she wanted to? She doesn't drive. Her relatives would have to drive her, and I presume they would not even if she asked (rightfully so). The woman lived most of her life confined to a home or a backyard, she wouldn't be able to independently go visit someone, so I don't think it's a sign of anything, because we don't know if she wants to visit him or not.

The absence of any statements made by NG in this report doesn't help answer any of our questions and only raises more questions. I understand why statements made by the girls would be absent, since they're minors. But, the absence of NG's testimony gives me the feeling that it has something to do with her turning state's evidence...It seems as though she is doing what she can to break his grasp of control over her, as well. Maybe she's starting to realize that he threw her under the bus for his own sick, self-gratifying reasons.

:cold: Her lawyer said how distraught NG was; it seems to me her imminent
arrest would have caused her to clam up emotionally. Quite the complement
to PG's attitude.
:bigstick: From her color profile, NG may have been quite caustic in berating
PG for risking their secret --- "throwing her and the children under the bus";
but that was all at home privately.

How would she be able to visit him in prison even if she wanted to? She doesn't drive. Her relatives would have to drive her, and I presume they would not even if she asked (rightfully so). The woman lived most of her life confined to a home or a backyard, she wouldn't be able to independently go visit someone, so I don't think it's a sign of anything, because we don't know if she wants to visit him or not.

She could take a cab. She could also make it known to the media if she wanted to see PG, she's not a prisoner anymore. From the little information that's been released in this case though, it does seems that JC is really happy to be with her family again.

Of course she cared about the Garrido's. Love born of dependence, the same as an infant.
That will happen when you brainwash someone, you erase their programming and replace it with your own...the same way parents "program" their kids. It's not that she loves them in the true sense of the word, but that's the closest word we have for it. Webster never defined the feeling that if you don't convince these people that you love them, that you are perfect in every way, that you fit whatever purpose they give you, you will die. It isn't love, but the mind interprets it as such.

Some of us understand that feeling, others don't and are much better for it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CamSoup
Back