Poll: Why did Garrido bring Jaycee to the PO office?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Why do you think Garrido brought Jaycee along to the PO's office?

• He was tired of running and wanted to get caught

Votes: 14 8.9%
  • He saw the opportunity for his 15 min of fame

Votes: 8 5.1%
  • He thought LE would believe his lies that she was his niece

Votes: 103 65.6%
  • Other ideas

Votes: 39 24.8%

• Total voters
She would not be allowed to see him until after trial...after that she is an adult and if he puts her on the visitor list, she can do as she wants, and so can he. mary LeTourneau's victim visited her...it happens. The law can't stop her, if she chooses to see him.

well i see this thread tooka serious downhill turn while i was gone.
why are we speculating she would want to see either of them? i havent seen anything about that other then the moronic national enquirer article.

I think it's obvious Garrido was trying to head them off at the pass. He didn't want them coming to the house. He had gotten away with it for so many years, why should this be any different.

Thank God Jaycee told the truth. She's a real hero. She wanted to save her children.

She's an amazing woman.

That's not necessarily true. I wouldn't be surprised if she's a multi-millionaire, what with the People photos and the trust fund.

I know this is OT and all, and I apologize for that, but I actually want to retract that statement. As I wrote in the donations thread, Jaycee and her family are still very much in need of financial assistance. Anyhow, I just wanted to clarify. :)

I know this is OT and all, and I apologize for that, but I actually want to retract that statement. As I wrote in the donations thread, Jaycee and her family are still very much in need of financial assistance. Anyhow, I just wanted to clarify. :)

Thanks, BB.
I think we all understand that you were just trying to make the point that JC can, most likely and at the very least, afford cab fare. And we all understand that even if she is already a multi-millionaire, it will never be enough for what she had to endure. No harm, no foul.

Happy Friday!

Thanks, BB.
I think we all understand that you were just trying to make the point that JC can, most likely and at the very least, afford cab fare. And we all understand that even if she is already a multi-millionaire, it will never be enough for what she had to endure. No harm, no foul.

Happy Friday!

heck i hope she winds up a billionare after all the lawsuits.
but like you said tizzle, wont make up for the 18 yeas she lost.
but she can make a new life with her family..........

heck i hope she winds up a billionare after all the lawsuits.

IF they file suit, that is. I don't know that they will. It can be hard to file suit against the state due to immunity, etc. It seems that as of right now, they are focusing on receiving financial help through donations and are trying to stay private and out of the spotlight.

IF they file suit, that is. I don't know that they will. It can be hard to file suit against the state due to immunity, etc. It seems that as of right now, they are focusing on receiving financial help through donations and are trying to stay private and out of the spotlight.

ive read that jaycee and terry both want to enact change so this wont happen again. suing the people you want to change might not exactly be helpful to that end so they might not sue. although, i cant see the parole office in anitoch NOT Being sued at this point.

ive read that jaycee and terry both want to enact change so this wont happen again. suing the people you want to change might not exactly be helpful to that end so they might not sue. although, i cant see the parole office in anitoch NOT Being sued at this point.

There is no parole office in Antioch.

The state of California should find a way to financially compensate JC and her family for the almost unbelievable incompetence that they showed time and again without her having to sue them. Every state also needs to enact and more importantly enforce the laws so this never happens again.

Your Turn: Editorial wrong about Rupf

By Thomas Portue
Guest commentary
Posted: 11/14/2009 12:01:00 AM PST

In response to the recent Times editorial "Bureaucratic dance," I encourage the citizens of Contra Costa County to consider the following. As should be expected, the Times presented an ardent criticism of the parole office as a result of last week's scathing report regarding the Jaycee Dugard matter in Antioch. And it is well deserved.
However, the editorial appears to praise Sheriff Warren Rupf's "stand up" as a magnanimous act and gesture of good will toward this community. In reality, it's nothing more than pure politicizing. Had the sheriff not performed his well-choreographed "stand up routine," the citizens of this community would have shot him down with an orchestrated artillery barrage. And he knows that.
The Times editorial is aiding and abetting in what is obviously an inept attempt to defer as much blame away from Sheriff Rupf as possible. Why is that, I'd like to know? Is that politics again, as opposed to the unadulterated truth.
As we deserve, the public is getting independent reviews of the parole board, the BART incident, the Bailey incident and the Richmond rape incident to name a few. As far as I know, there is no independent review being conducted regarding the sheriff's role or lack thereof in the Garrido/Dugard matter.
Our beleaguered Board of Supervisors has decided to rely solely on an internal affairs investigation conducted by the sheriff. Could anyone possibly be so naive as to believe that we will get the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth from the sheriff?
more at link: http://www.contracostatimes.com/opinion/ci_13781045

Correct, it's in Concord.

Garrido's house is in unincorporated Contra Costa County, not Antioch, even though some refer to the area as Antioch. The City of Antioch has no jurisdiction in that small unincorporated area. City officials are adamant about pointing that out even though they should have added it to the city years ago.

there is no independent review being conducted regarding the sheriff's role or lack thereof in the Garrido/Dugard matter.
Our beleaguered Board of Supervisors has decided to rely solely on an internal affairs investigation conducted by the sheriff.

It's good to read that we're not the only ones thinking there needs to be an independent review!

Correct, it's in Concord.

Garrido's house is in unincorporated Contra Costa County, not Antioch, even though some refer to the area as Antioch. The City of Antioch has no jurisdiction in that small unincorporated area. City officials are adamant about pointing that out even though they should have added it to the city years ago.

Yes, thank you. Not to mention that every single credible source regarding this case, including IG Shaw's report, many of which have been linked numerous times in this forum, all specify that the parole office was in Concord. Hence calling the Concord PD for back up.

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source...ole+office"&aq=f&aqi=&oq=&fp=94f5bc3d92523f1a

The state of California should find a way to financially compensate JC and her family for the almost unbelievable incompetence that they showed time and again without her having to sue them. Every state also needs to enact and more importantly enforce the laws so this never happens again.

The state of California is the California taxpayers. I would think that legislators would be extremely leary of enacting anything like that because in the end the people who elect them would end up paying. No one likes to pay more tax, and certainly would think twice of re-electing any public official that made them do so.

Doing something like that would open up a huge can of litigaceous worms that would become a massive tax drain. Everyone and their dog would be suing the state for everything that went wrong in their life that the state "should" have done something about.

By Thomas Portue
Guest commentary
Posted: 11/14/2009 12:01:00 AM PST

However, the editorial appears to praise Sheriff Warren Rupf's "stand up" as a magnanimous act and gesture of good will toward this community. In reality, it's nothing more than pure politicizing. http://www.contracostatimes.com/opinion/ci_13781045

Thank you Mr. Portue! I have some letter to write myself as I was also upset that they let the SO's off the hook in the article he is responding to. :)

when i said anitoch i obviously meant the county it was in

when i said anitoch i obviously meant the county it was in

The parole office is in Concord. End of story. Our job is not to read your mind or infer your meaning on every post.

To add to Amy's thoughts...

kbl, the parole office has nothing to do with the county that Antioch is in. Same with Concord. It is a STATE agency. If they sue CDCR, it will not affect Contra Costa County directly and it won't be just the Parole Office in CCC that is affected. Yes, both CDCR and CCC deserve to be sued.

It's important to remember to keep the facts IN ORDER, even minor details. It helps to research and be informed before posting. In other words, don't post "definites" as we know of nothing that is an absolute definite in this case without having been there. This forum is used and observed by more than just us. I would hate to see all the hard work that everyone has done be for nothing because of one false detail.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vaehj
Back