Possible Break in Stacy's case - Cops planning on a search tomorrow 6/5/10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She was not buried. She was cremated, and IIRC, Cass or another family member has the urn with her ashes.

I think I remember that Stacy had the ashes at her house, and after she disappered, Cassandra insisted she have the urn. I think she had a heck of a time getting the ashes from Drew. What if he had Stacy cremated and put in with her sisters ashes, and all along they sat on the mantel. Now Cass has them. I wouldn't put anything past that sick moron. Maybe that's why he is so certain that she won't be found. My opinion only.

IMO, in the end, his comment- "She's where she wants to be" will be prophetic.

What did he say, a beach by the water?

I don't remember him saying that, but there was something about her possibly going somewhere tropical and one of her bathing suits was missing, per Drew.
I remember on this very board we wondered if a husband would really notice one of your bathing suits being missing? Mine sure wouldn't. jmo.

eta: oops it wasn't this board we wondered that, it was another one. But still....

Not that I can remember, some live downstate further but I don't believe any of them would help him.

I was thinking more along the lines of reasons for him to be familiar with this area.

/>

I was thinking more along the lines of reasons for him to be familiar with this area.

He was a cop, I bet he knew a lot about surrounding areas. Inside info on secluded places, etc. Scary when someone in LE is involved in a crime, they know so many secrets and have access to inside info. Which apparently Drew took advantage of. It just killed me that they couldn't deny him his pension.
A creepy, crooked cop drawing a pension...puke!

jmo

I guess Drew might be familiar with the area since he had that small plane and flew around the area.

He was a cop, I bet he knew a lot about surrounding areas. Inside info on secluded places, etc. Scary when someone in LE is involved in a crime, they know so many secrets and have access to inside info. Which apparently Drew took advantage of. It just killed me that they couldn't deny him his pension.
A creepy, crooked cop drawing a pension...puke!

jmo

He should lose it when convicted.

Great article.

CHICAGO (CBS) ―Reporting
Mike Puccinelli

Jun 6, 2010 11:47 am US/Central
Stacy Peterson's Sister Reacts To News Of Search

<<<SNIP>>>>

Sources say that could be expedited, because in recent weeks, both of Drew and Stacy Peterson's kids were swabbed for DNA to be used in case remains are found

<<<SNIP>>>

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/stacy.peterson.cassandra.2.1735549.html

This is interesting. I wonder if they had to get a court order to get the DNA swabs from the children.

This is interesting. I wonder if they had to get a court order to get the DNA swabs from the children.

I wonder what prompted them to do it in the first place, and why they haven't done it until now????

What I don't get is what Stacy could possibly have seen in Drew? Why would a beautiful young woman even want to get involved w/ this creep that was old enough to be her father? She could have done so much better!!!

I do think it is highly possible that DP had something to do w/ Stacy's mother's disappearance. She had a history of trouble w/ the law. Odds are she and DP knew each other. What a shock it would be for the family if both Stacy and her mom's bodies were located close together!

I hope this is her.

Drew did not know her mom the family has said this many times

If Drew's son Stephen agreed to it, they wouldn't have had to. Stephen is the legal guardian now. But they may have gone the court order route anyway.

If LE swabbed the children for DNA, few weeks ago, then this makes me think that LE got the tip back then.
So could LE of secretly searched area, earlier than we know of???

What is the weather like there?
Did LE say they would continue tomorrow...Mon???

If Drew's son Stephen agreed to it, they wouldn't have had to. Stephen is the legal guardian now. But they may have gone the court order route anyway.
That's what I am thinking since I didn't think Stephen was cooperative. Maybe things have changed.

I'm really trying to rack my brain on the Peoria issue. I have alot of info on my old PC. At some point in time DP worked undercover in drug operations. I'm wondering if that wasn't in Peoria? does that stir anyone's memory?

6Angels, I had not read where the family said DP didn't know Stacy's mother. Has anyone went back and looked at her legal records to make sure he was not involved w/ ever picking her up or anything? Was DP a cop at the time of her disappearance?

Is this a large police force where it is possible that he never had any contact w/ her? I can't help but wonder how many others he has killed. He is definitely one sick and twisted person. I can't stand to even watch him.

Also, I read somewhere (don't remember where because it has been a long time ago) that a fellow female officer was murdered several years ago. I think there may have been question if they had a relationship or if DP was sexually harassing her. If I remember correctly, some people thought DP might also be responsible for her murder? Forgive me and correct me if I am wrong. I have not followed this case as closely as others.

Fess

Tina had operation in Peoria.

CESARE: Yes. I was really disappointed. Her sister, Tina (ph), who was my girlfriend back about 10 years ago, was diagnosed with cancer. And she was having an operation in Peoria, which is about two-and-a-half hours south of here. And I wanted to bring her sister down there to visit because it`s a long ride for a young girl like Stacy, and it wasn`t allowed. He wouldn`t let her go and...

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0711/05/ng.01.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member