Possible Break in Stacy's case - Cops planning on a search tomorrow 6/5/10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If LE swabbed the children for DNA, few weeks ago, then this makes me think that LE got the tip back then.
So could LE of secretly searched area, earlier than we know of???

What is the weather like there?
Did LE say they would continue tomorrow...Mon???

Updated: 3:58 am CDT on June 6, 2010
Active Notice: Record Report, Local Storm Report (US Severe Weather)
partlycloudy
Today
Mostly sunny. A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 70s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts to around 25 mph.
» ZIP Code Detail
nt_partlycloudy
Tonight
Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 50s. North winds 5 to 10 mph becoming southeast after midnight.
partlysunny
Monday
Partly sunny. Highs in the upper 70s. Light south winds.
» ZIP Code Detail
nt_chancerain
Monday Night
Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows around 60. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph.
chancerain
Tuesday
Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the mid 70s. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph.
» ZIP Code Detail
nt_chancerain
Tuesday Night
Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the mid 60s.
cloudy
Wednesday
Mostly cloudy. Highs in the lower 80s.
nt_partlycloudy
Wednesday Night and Thursday
Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 60s. Highs in the lower 80s.
nt_cloudy
Thursday Night
Mostly cloudy. Lows in the upper 60s.
chancerain
Friday
Partly sunny with a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the upper 80s.

Fess

Tina had operation in Peoria.

CESARE: Yes. I was really disappointed. Her sister, Tina (ph), who was my girlfriend back about 10 years ago, was diagnosed with cancer. And she was having an operation in Peoria, which is about two-and-a-half hours south of here. And I wanted to bring her sister down there to visit because it`s a long ride for a young girl like Stacy, and it wasn`t allowed. He wouldn`t let her go and...

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0711/05/ng.01.html

Maybe that is what I was remembering.

Does anyone know where the rental house is (that Stacy was going to help Cassandra paint in which Stacy never showed up) in relation to the property that they are searching?

I'm really trying to rack my brain on the Peoria issue. I have alot of info on my old PC. At some point in time DP worked undercover in drug operations. I'm wondering if that wasn't in Peoria? does that stir anyone's memory?

I think that was a Chicago area Narcotic squad for the burbs.

The Peterson investigative team arrived in Peoria on Friday morning after receiving what was deemed a credible tip.

Alwan, owner of Echo Valley Meats and the new 309 restaurant, described the way he felt when he got a phone call from police Friday morning asking him about his rural Dunlap property in one word: shock.

"It was like 'Are you kidding me?' " he said. "I was in shock. Who would have ever guessed?"

Alwan said he went out to Echo Valley Farms, located on Grange Hall Road near Trigger Road, to accompany about 15 investigators onto the land.

"I took them out on my John Deere tractor," he said. "They wanted to make sure that the spot they were looking for was on my property."

Alwan said he has never met Drew Peterson and has no idea whether or why his property may have been used to hide the body of Stacy Peterson. The farm is primarily used to grow soy beans and alfalfa, Alwan said

Conflicting reports abound as to where that tip leading to Alwan's land originated. Initial reports indicated an inmate with Drew Peterson in the Will County Jail led authorities to Alwan's property. The likelihood of that scenario has been called into question, but sources also told the Journal Star it was correct.

Those sources also said the inmate personally took authorities to the site. Burek would not say when the tip was received or confirm those reports.

The Illinois State Police, Will County State's Attorney criminal investigators and several other police agencies arrived on the site, located on West Grange Hall Road near Trigger Road at about 10 a.m. Friday morning.
................................................................................

Sounds like they knew the exact spot they wanted to dig. Could they have gotten some GPS records or information like that from someones vehicle? Did they just find out Drew had rented a car or truck on his 3 day head clearing trip? Did he borrow someones car and they just found out and got the information from it?

We see Will County was there. Wonder why they denied the whole thing?

http://www.pjstar.com/news/x1834544444/Authorities-set-to-dig-for-Stacy-Peterson-body-near-Peoria

LE is being very guarded about this lead. TMZ reported that DP told an inmate what happened to Stacy, and the inmate went to LE with that information. We know that DP is being kept in seclusion away from other inmates, so this scenario is very unlikely.

Because some elements of what TMZ reported may be true, it's possible that an inmate is involved in the lead, but I don't think it's someone who's currently incarcerated in the Will County Jail and who got information from DP because we know inmate access to DP is not possible.

It could be someone who knew DP in the past, who's serving time either in Will County Jail or in another county jail on a minor charge. He may have told LE........"Hey Drew used so and so's truck to transport Stacy's body to this place near Peoria."

LE checked out the inmate's information, found it to be accurate, and went from there. Mr. Alwan's description of leading the team of investigators out to the site on his John Deere is very descriptive. The inmate could have been among the 15 investigators Mr. Alwan led to the site.

I agree with you about the possibility of GPS on a vehicle used. I tend to think that DP would borrow someone's vehicle rather that rent one, as a rental would leave a paper trail. I've said before that DP knows a lot of shady characters, and I'm sure among those he could have called in a favor and borrowed someone's truck.

In reports yesterday LE was vague but alluded to investigating more about the lead that led them to the search site. This might be a matter of leaning more on inmate, or people he knows, gathering more details.

I tend to believe that DP had help in disposing of Stacy's body. If he buried her, that's a lot of physical work and DP doesn't impress me as being physically fit enough to do that himself. He had to have Tom Morphey's help in just moving the container from the master bedroom downstairs and to his Denali.

Cassandra kept trying to call Stacy wondering where she was and it kept going to voice mail. That was the day of the night Cassandra caught DP lying. She had called DP after driving by their house with DP's car being gone. She drove a few blocks away and called DP asking where he was. He said he was at home, but in the background she could hear the dinging of a car door. It was after that call Cassandra went to the police.

From the TMZ story, there was an inmate who named an accomplice who took them to the location. That would be the only way I can think of they would know the exact location. JMO

From TMZ

"Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... Peterson, an ex-cop who is currently behind bars awaiting trial for the murder of his third wife, told an inmate yesterday how he killed Stacy Peterson, wife number 4. Stacy's body has never been recovered.

Our sources say Peterson told the inmate he had an accomplice help him dispose of the body. The inmate then told authorities about his discussion with Peterson, which led them to the alleged accomplice. We're told the accomplice informed Will County Sheriff's officials and prosecutors that the body was buried just outside Peoria, Illinois.

Will County Sheriff's deputies and prosecutors took the alleged accomplice to Peoria Friday, and the accomplice led them to private hunting grounds. The owner allowed authorities to enter his property and the accomplice then led them to the site where Stacy's body was allegedly buried. The accomplice told authorities the body was stuffed in a metal drum that had been buried underground.

On Friday afternoon, authorities brought police dogs onto the property and we're told the dogs immediately took them to the place where the witness said the body was buried. Authorities then put prongs in the soil and hit a mass below ground that could be the drum in question."

JMO

I think only an accomplice would know that Stacy's remains were in a metal drum and the drum was buried, rather than removing Stacy from the drum, discard the drum, and burying her body. That information is very specific.

I don't quite understand protective custody. Misty is supposed to be in protective custody I thought too but she seems to be able to get her hair done, etc and talks to others in that area. Does this mean it's still possible for him to have talked to another inmate?

In his interview yesterday, JB described DP's custody. He said that DP is in a jail hospital room in the hospital wing of the jail, where three sides of the room are cement, and one wall is glass. In his room is a bed, toilet, and sink. Adjacent to his cell/room is a small room with exercise equipment that he's allowed to use. DP is not housed near other inmates. JB said that jail inmates may bring meals to that "pod", but they're limited to walking in the door, setting a tray on a table and walking out. I'm sure guards must unlock and open the cell door and are watching.

Anyone remember where Vicki Connolly lives?
Still looking for you, I remember there was an article where she stated DP came to visit her and it was mentioned where she lived at the time. Alot of the old articles are gone now.

ACR has a plethora of info many of you know she is a member here and her site is fantastic. Here is the part of her site for Stacy for reference.

http://www.acandyrose.com/stacy_peterson_names.htm

If you take this out of the story and consider it something heard wrong or quoted wrong, " told an inmate yesterday" then you can say there was an inmate in jail that drew had told the story to and it does not mean it had to be while they are both in jail. Drew could have told them sometime in the past.

I would bet that is it. It might not have been "hey I murdered her and so and so helped me. It might have been an innocent slip like, "oh yeah I was driving around with so and so or I had so and so give me a lift or this person saw drew with someone and drew told him they were giving him a lift. Just a little bit of information that led LE to the accomplice and then they broke.

I agree. I'm inclined to believe that the inmate is someone who knew something at the time of Stacy's disappearance. It may be that the inmate didn't think what he knew was of any importance. It may have been something very simple like........"yeah, a day or two after I read about DP's wife disappearing, I saw him and so and so together at such and such place." Something that would seem unimportant to the inmate, but that piece of info led LE to the person who was with DP at that time.

The inmate is probably someone who's serving time for a minor offense now, who was not an inmate at the time of Stacy's disappearance.

LE is being very guarded about this lead. TMZ reported that DP told an inmate what happened to Stacy, and the inmate went to LE with that information. We know that DP is being kept in seclusion away from other inmates, so this scenario is very unlikely.

Because some elements of what TMZ reported may be true, it's possible that an inmate is involved in the lead, but I don't think it's someone who's currently incarcerated in the Will County Jail and who got information from DP because we know inmate access to DP is not possible.

It could be someone who knew DP in the past, who's serving time either in Will County Jail or in another county jail on a minor charge. He may have told LE........"Hey Drew used so and so's truck to transport Stacy's body to this place near Peoria."

LE checked out the inmate's information, found it to be accurate, and went from there. Mr. Alwan's description of leading the team of investigators out to the site on his John Deere is very descriptive. The inmate could have been among the 15 investigators Mr. Alwan led to the site.

I agree with you about the possibility of GPS on a vehicle used. I tend to think that DP would borrow someone's vehicle rather that rent one, as a rental would leave a paper trail. I've said before that DP knows a lot of shady characters, and I'm sure among those he could have called in a favor and borrowed someone's truck.

In reports yesterday LE was vague but alluded to investigating more about the lead that led them to the search site. This might be a matter of leaning more on inmate, or people he knows, gathering more details.

I tend to believe that DP had help in disposing of Stacy's body. If he buried her, that's a lot of physical work and DP doesn't impress me as being physically fit enough to do that himself. He had to have Tom Morphey's help in just moving the container from the master bedroom downstairs and to his Denali.

I wonder if he didn't have it all planned out and had the hole dug before he killed her. He knew this marriage was coming to an end.

Sorry it's taken so long for me to get back on here!

My friend and I were on our way out to dinner and decided to drive by the property. Several police cars were at the end of the drive blocking it's entrance. You could not see any activity or how many cars/police were on the scene due to the woods and rolling hills. (you definitely couldn't see the blue tent from the road)

My friend and I drove a bit farther down from the driveway entrance they were blocking and parked next to a TV truck from Chicago 7. We befriended the camera guy and he said he really thought something was found by what they were hearing and how the LE were acting.

I asked where all the other news media crews were (no local media was there ... and only this one station out of Chicago). He said they were holding a press conference across town that was about to start at any moment.

After waiting around for a while (and listening to some funny stories about Geraldo and DP while staking out his house), a trailor carrying an excavator came down the driveway from the scene and drove away.

A few mins after that, 6-7 unmarked, marked, and what looked to be a CSI type van came driving down the driveway quite rapidly and took off into town. The helicopter from above followed them.

The news reporter and camera guy strongly felt they had found something and had distracted the media and observers with the press conference which was being held quite a distance away. They did a live broadcast for the 6pm news while we watched. (The Chicago Tribune interviewed us, too, while were waiting...maybe that will be in the paper tomorrrow?)

I'm on the fence as to whether or not they were creating a distraction or if they were really wrapping up for the day.

Of course, then, a horrible tornado came right through our area (and the actual location they were searching) so it's been a bit of a wild night!

A lot of people we talked to seem to think there is some connection with the gun/sportmen club on the property and DP.

Thank you so much for this valuable information! I look forward to updates from you as this case progresses!

I had it wrong this is how it went

Greta with Bruce: Timeline of Sunday according to Bruce. - "Sunday morning [10/28/2007] around 10 AM, he [Bruce Zidarich] shared back and forth text messages with Stacey. She then called him at 10:15. She said that she had been just lounging in bed for a couple of hours, and that she AND HER KIDS were going to go to the house to paint today. Bruce was supposed to wait to hear from Stacey's sister Cassandra, and then call Stacey after Cassandra got in touch with them. Then they were all to meet over there to paint. However, Cassandra had decided to go to her mother's house that day, and didn't call Bruce. At 4PM Bruce sent Stacey a text message saying "Lets paint tomorrow". He received no reply. Greta asked him when he began to worry about Stacey. Bruce said that Cassandra called him around 7 PM and said she had not been able to reach Stacey all day. He relayed that he had not heard from her since 10 or so that morning, and that he didn't get a reply to the 4 PM text message he had sent her."

It was after that Cassandra started calling bbm

post #289

websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1773436&highlight=Zidarich#post1773436

http://www.acandyrose.com/stacy_peterson_recap2.htm

After what Misty and Casey have gotten away with, supposedly in segregation, I don't hold much stock in "no contact with other inmates". I am a former jail nurse in our county jail, we had 10 cells in medical plus one padded room. Anyway, the inmates in medical would yak back and forth all day. Rare would be the medical unit (as JB describes) that had one cell unto itself (description reminded me as looking like Hannibal Lecter's place) with absolutely no other inmates around, ever. Because space is at a premium at any jail, IMO. I could be wrong, our jail at the time was small (800 inmates approx) and since I left there in 1989 they have built on much more cell blocks.
I have no idea how big or small the jail DP is at. Remember, we are talking jails, not prisons. I know prisons have medical units that are like mini hospitals.

I think this issue about whether DP has contact w/ others or not is important, and I don;t believe a word Brodsky says about the matter. I read in a link yesterday that he has no contact with the outside, just use of a computer, and I was like WHAT??? THAT can't be right, certainly DP is NOT allowed the use of a computer!!! If he is, I think we all should protest that aggressively!!!! JMO

I heard or read (sorry, no link handy) that the current owner didn't own the property at the time. Is it possible it was a vacant listing for sale and DP went to look at it with someone and they finally told - or told someone else? Maybe they had a phone with GPS that led LE back to where the listing property was?? Just an idea.

I read that too, and I think Mr. Alwan purchased the property in May of 2008, about 7 months after Stacy's disappearance. So, it's very possible that the property was up for sale for a while and vacant, which would make access easier.

Maybe DP or someone he was acquainted with knew about the property? A lot of food for thought there...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487