Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
wasalurker,
YOU ARE SO RIGHT.........most farmers cannot watch all there land.
We have a family farm, quads etc...........and we TRY so hard to drive around, look around etc.
We also lease land for other farmers to raise corn, barley and soy beans,
Some friends are allowed to hunt, they also help with any dead animals they find.
It is hard especially around the wooded area and stream to check all the time.
Farm equipment is left in different acres on the farm............just put away in the garage sheds at winter.
Farmers leave keys in trucks etc...........it's just a way of life here.
If a farm land is over 100 years old it gets special taxes also.
Many farmers leave the farm or parts of the farm to their children or in trust for grandchildren.
Allot of family farms are generations old.
Hope my experience can help others understand how vast acerage is and you don't keep an eye on it every day. Some parts of the farm I have never seen myself.
Ours borders 3 roads and has 2 private roads and quad trails.
That poor land owner, this will haunt him forever if SP is found there.

Put this number in maps.google.com 40.813165,-89.71054 and the first thing you can do is zoom in at the end of the lane and you can see a large house or something built there now, you can also do a street view of it by hitting the MORE button then chose Street View.

This might sound strange but could it be that maybe just maybe a hunter saw something "strange" from his blind (is that what they call those things in the trees that hunters wait in?) and really didn't think about it as DP/Stacy since it was in Peoria area and she was reported missing in BB?
But he talked to someone about what he saw, and down the line someone (or he) put 2 + 2 together and finally someone went to LE with the info? Knowing where this hunters blind is and where he saw it would give you a definite area (landmark) to go to??
Again just speculation and JMOO but I am trying to figure out how someone could know the "exact" area and yet not be involved.....
This makes sense if the hunter was later incarcerated, but the TMZ story states that DP told an inmate about the disposal site. (I can't imagine that DP would tell anyone the correct disposal site. I could see him intentionally leading LE to wrong sites and smirking about it.) If an inmate was present with DP at the disposal, it is possible that the inmate lied to LE and stated he was not present and DP verbally told him the disposal site's location.

It doesn't make any sense that LE would take a prisoner out of his cell to go on a search if the prisoner had not actually seen the site.

If this farm land had been recently tilled, one would not be able to see where the burial spot was dug. All of the earth would look "turned over" and not just one spot. Maybe this is why DP would choose farm land. He could also travel to this remote area at night and be undetected.

This makes sense if the hunter was later incarcerated, but the TMZ story states that DP told an inmate about the disposal site. (I can't imagine that DP would tell anyone the correct disposal site. I could see him intentionally leading LE to wrong sites and smirking about it.) If an inmate was present with DP at the disposal, it is possible that the inmate lied to LE and stated he was not present and DP verbally told him the disposal site's location.

It doesn't make any sense that LE would take a prisoner out of his cell to go on a search if the prisoner had not actually seen the site.

:smile: I agree with you IF an inmate said DP told him.....and I'm not arguing with TMZ's version....BUT just about every single report locally that has been reported has the State Police denying it was an "inmate" and just say they got a credible lead...
So if DP can't talk to anyone, didn't talk to anyone, etc..I am trying to figure out any other scenario's that could have happened with this lead - KWIM?
Or they could have been an inmate for something else, somewhere else, not incarcerated with DP - just an inmate somewhere for something and told what they knew, heard, etc...
Geez, I don't know anymore...:smile:
I just want them to find Stacy and give her family some closure, peace and let them give her a farewell she is entitled to.
JMOO

Geez, I have read so many articles the last 2 days I cannot for the life of me find the one that says the owner drove the investigators out on his (IIRC) John Deere which also states they wanted to make sure the area was on HIS property....
I will keep looking.

FWIW

The Big Hollow Sportsman's Club property was sold May 16, 2008. LINK

It is possible that the land searched and the club were owned by the same person, and David bought the land. Not sure who owns Big Hollow.

Geez, I have read so many articles the last 2 days I cannot for the life of me find the one that says the owner drove the investigators out on his (IIRC) John Deere which also states they wanted to make sure the area was on HIS property....
I will keep looking.

Fessel posted it earlier in this thread. I think it was Fessel anyway.

ETA
This might be what you wanted.
http://www.pjstar.com/news/x1834544444/Authorities-set-to-dig-for-Stacy-Peterson-body-near-Peoria

"I took them out on my John Deere tractor," he said. "They wanted to make sure that the spot they were looking for was on my property."
Alwan said he has never met Drew Peterson and has no idea whether or why his property may have been used to hide the body of Stacy Peterson. The farm is primarily used to grow soy beans and alfalfa, Alwan said

Hmm, Drew was a cop. He would know criminal types from previous arrests, etc. Would he have hired someone to help him--someone rather unsavory to help bury her? If that person is now in custody, they may be looking at a plea bargain---just a thought.

Another thought, could DP have invested the money from KS's life insurance in property? I know I read there was a change made that allowed him some of the money and not just the kids. Maybe he temporarily owned some farm land.

Put this number in maps.google.com 40.813165,-89.71054 and the first thing you can do is zoom in at the end of the lane and you can see a large house or something built there now, you can also do a street view of it by hitting the MORE button then chose Street View.

In one of the videos yesterday, they showed a vehicle crossing a small stream, and when they showed the tent erected over the search site you could see water in the background.

On the Google map, you can see the meandering creek running through the are of dense trees.

FWIW

The Big Hollow Sportsman's Club property was sold May 16, 2008. LINK

It is possible that the land searched and the club were owned by the same person, and David bought the land. Not sure who owns Big Hollow...

Noway, Was October 29, 2007 when Stacy was murdered?
I suppose we're to believe, it's a coincidence that less than 7 months later this property now being searched was sold? What's your thoughts on this?
It would be very interesting 'when' this property was first put up for sale.

Does anyone know where Drew Peterson's stepbrother, Thomas Morphey, is now living? Is he an inmate somewhere?

Does David A. also own the Big Hollow Sportsman's Club?

Mysterylover, IIRC it was October 28, 2007. But yes, the property was sold 7 months later.

I don't know how long the Sportsman's Club was on the market or whether it remained open to the public during that time.

Fessel posted it earlier in this thread. I think it was Fessel anyway.

ETA
This might be what you wanted.
http://www.pjstar.com/news/x1834544444/Authorities-set-to-dig-for-Stacy-Peterson-body-near-Peoria

"I took them out on my John Deere tractor," he said. "They wanted to make sure that the spot they were looking for was on my property."
Alwan said he has never met Drew Peterson and has no idea whether or why his property may have been used to hide the body of Stacy Peterson. The farm is primarily used to grow soy beans and alfalfa, Alwan said

BBM
Thank you - that's it!! So even though the property line on the map doesn't show the property going to the creek - it obviously does based on the above owners quote and where they are looking.

If DP owned property - even for a short period of time - anywhere .....it would have been known and searched earlier than now. JMOO

So I honestly don't think that him owning a part of the property would be logical cause that would have been the first place they would have looked - KWIM?? :smile:

I honestly don't think anything of the property being sold 7 months later - I honestly think that DP/SP was not that "big of a deal" down in Peoria as it happened in Bolingbrook which is 2 1/2 hrs away. Which is probably WHY in the long run - if SP is found there - she wasn't found sooner - it was nowhere close....
again all JMOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member