Possible Break in Stacy's case - Cops planning on a search tomorrow 6/5/10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Those of you in IL or the Midwest will know what I am about to say and maybe can say it better than me so that everyone will understand.....
When I read the "the only thing that land was used for is hunting" a lightbulb went off in my head and here's why...

They are searching near a creek and in "timbered land" (per the State Police statement)...now in October you have really weird weather here....the leaves are falling off the trees and it's usually raining and/or can even be snowing....therefore the banks of the creek would be like they are now.....muddy and yucky
add the falling leaves to that.....now hunting season starts and hunters are tramping all over the land pushing the leaves down and packing down the muddy banks.
If you have horses and are hunting from horseback that is even more weight on the land.
November and heavy winds, cold conditions and the trees are going bare - more leaves, more ground cover etc....
If this land is not cleared for farming and only used for hunting - there is a good possibility that no one ever noticed the disturbed land cause the leaves fell on it, and in those kinds of areas like forest preserves it is not just a covering of leaves - it is blankets and inches and inches deep of leaves - hunters and horses trampled over it, the creek bed rose and fell and then winter hit - icy, cold, snow, etc..

Again JMOO and knowledge of brothers and father going hunting, and gramps having a farm a long time ago...

In the one picture they showed the area was covered in tall horse weeds too. the next spring they would have been right back.

All articles I have read say that Mr Alwan bought the property in 2008 - however, that does not mean he wasn't a frequent visitor at the sports club, that he didn't hunt there, etc. He is a resident of Peoria and probably knows almost everyone in the town. Just because he didn't own the property in 2007 does not mean he didn't know and/or frequent the property then. Maybe that's why he bought it in 2008 - because he knew the land, layout, etc. and took advantage of an opportunity to purchase it.
JMOO

Penfan, I got fooled by that one too. That one is in Iowa.

Here is another possibility. He could have had her stored somewhere else for awhile and then moved her there.

I've been spending my time in Kyron's thread and have just one little question: Did they call off the search in this case?

I cannot find a "Big Hollow Sportsman's Club" other than being mentioned now. That's why I thought it may have had a different name prior to being sold in May 2008.

I don't know now why I wanted to know the parcel IDs of surrounding properties, but I do have them. Took me forever to get that to work. But it was my own stupidity, not that the site was not user friendly.

FWIW, Alwan may have known who owned the property at the time, not that he owned it. He just knew it was privately owned and if Drew and/or the accomplice were on the property, they were trespassing. JMO

From everything I've read on Mr A tonight--he sold his share of the family meat business and created Echo Valley Farm in 1998. I did find where he sold off a portion (just an acreage area) of the farm to a family to build a home on a few years later.

I've been spending my time in Kyron's thread and have just one little question: Did they call off the search in this case?

No, they left the tent up and a guard and are supposed to be back maybe tomorrow. I think the ground is just saturated and they want the water to go down.

For today they did - bad weather, tornadoes last night, etc. And they are looking at other things but they "will be back" per the articles I have read. Most of them are stating that they should be back tomorrow, and State Police yesterday said it could take up to a week.

Thank you! I was so scared that it didn't pan out! I've been praying they find Stacy since she disappeared! Drew is one of the most "in your face" perps I've ever seen and really really want to make sure he stays in prison for the rest of his life!

Kimster after this long I want them to wait if that's what they feel they need to do - one or two more days is not going to make a difference (except to us) and if the ground is too wet, or they can't get equipment in because of ground conditions, etc then so be it. I also don't want to see any possible evidence washed away, destroyed, whatever due to unfavorable conditions.

I want them to do it correctly, safely, and be able to get whatever evidence they can so that DP is held responsible and there are no questions....KWIM? :smile:

Kimster after this long I want them to wait if that's what they feel they need to do - one or two more days is not going to make a difference (except to us) and if the ground is too wet, or they can't get equipment in because of ground conditions, etc then so be it. I also don't want to see any possible evidence washed away, destroyed, whatever due to unfavorable conditions.

I want them to do it correctly, safely, and be able to get whatever evidence they can so that DP is held responsible and there are no questions....KWIM? :smile:

Absolutely! I had seen a blurb on the TV that the search was called off and didn't realize it was due to the location conditions. I'm very happy to hear that they think she will be found there!

I wish I could answer that confidently one way or another. Media reports are conflicting so I don't know if we'll know the answer to that until they don't show up there again.

Penfan, I got fooled by that one too. That one is in Iowa.
Awwww crap! This is not the correct website. Can anyone find a website for the Big Hollow Sportman's Club in Illinois? Wonder if they also have a firing range that police departments reserve?

When I looked at the one in Iowa, I wondered whether "Big Hollow" was a chain. But I can't find much information on the Big Hollow in Peoria County.

Keep getting:
No Matches for "big hollow sportsman's club" near " <whatever criteria I put in>, IL"

I did a reverse lookup for that address 75** WGH Road and came up with a name of a person. Two actually.

It's possible there was a photo the other day of LE talking to this couple. The caption said something about "homeowners of property adjacent to search area" or something like that.

When I looked at the one in Iowa, I wondered whether "Big Hollow" was a chain. But I can't find much information on the Big Hollow in Peoria County.

Keep getting:
No Matches for "big hollow sportsman's club" near " <whatever criteria I put in>, IL"
I can't find anything on it except the address and city. Perhaps it was recently renamed or they do not believe in advertising/websites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jess9976