DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Journal Star
Posted Jun 02, 2008 @ 04:53 PM
Last update Jun 16, 2008 @ 12:39

REAL ESTATE TRANSACTIONS

These transactions, recorded the week of May 19, are compiled from information on file with the respective counties. They represent sales of $78,000 or more.
http://www.pjstar.com/news/matrec/x99499714/REAL-ESTATE-TRANSACTIONS

7*** W. Grange Hall Road, Dunlap, CF., Jr. and LKS to GA. and AJM, $340,000.

ETA
The dollar amount here is the same as the information on the sale record, so I'm confident this is the sale of the property now known as Big Hollow Sportsman's Club.

ETA2
The property was sold on May 16. LINK

I removed the names of the innocent parties but you can find the information at the link.

My husband's cousin owns a hunting lodge (open to public) in SD and as small as it is, they have a website. But if this was for family and friends, it may have all been word of mouth and no website was necessary. JMO

Coming in a lil late tonite..............

I was thinking this same thing!! Maybe thats how DP knew of the location and its remoteness?:waitasec: GMTA!!

ETA: Aww crap I thought it was Il too......still is a good idea though Pensfan!!
Here in Pennsylvania, the police and state police have their own firing ranges, but on that one sportman's website there were many police departments also using it. What was this property on Grange Hall Road before it became the Big Hollow Sportman's Club? Was it another sportman's club or was it farmland/woods? (Looking for why DP would be knowledgeable about this property when he doesn't live near it.)

It sold in 2008 for $340,000. How many acres are on this property? (34 acres at $10,000/acre?) This is a very small club. It could probably be used only for the different firing ranges/skeet field/etc.

Gee..just looked up land prices in rural IL. (Great prices!) Found prices from $ 3,000 to $6,000/acre. This would make it about 56-100 acres of land.

We'd been wondering when the Sportsman's Club was for sale.

Found this LINK about an open house:

7*** Grange Hall

2/25/2007 2:00:00 PM to 2/25/2007 4:00:00 PM CC (agent initials)

ETA
There were no other details, photos or descriptions at the link and the listing associated with the sale was no longer available.

So it was for sale (Feb. 2007) before Stacy went missing (Oct. 2007). Whether it was vacant during this time, I still don't know.

But the longer I can't sleep, the more I am finding out.

dactylo.gif

Article that indicate search had been suspended and is continuing Tuesday.

http://www.wgnradio.com/news/top/ct-met-peterson-digging-update-20100606,0,7847188.story?track=rss

SNIPPED

Authorities said Sunday they are still actively pursuing a tip that Stacy Peterson's body is buried on a sprawling farm near Peoria, but they don't plan to resume the search there until after Monday.

The search was suspended at dusk Saturday, and no further work was done Sunday. Illinois State Police Master Sgt. Tom Burek said no searching for the body was planned Monday, and a source told the Tribune that the hunt would resume later this week, possibly as early as Tuesday.

A source familiar with the investigation told the Tribune that a jailhouse informant directed authorities to search near a Downstate gun club, which investigators narrowed to the Big Hollow Sportsmen's Club next to Alwan's property. The owner did not return several calls for comment Sunday.

Drew Peterson's attorney dismissed the recent development as a stunt to drum up negative press for his client on the cusp of his trial for allegedly killing Savio in 2004. Jury selection is scheduled to begin July 8.

SNIPPED from link above.

It makes me wonder who fed this information to the jailhouse informant and whether this might be the straw that broke camel's (Abood's) back and lead him to leave the case (if this was Joel's plan). JMO JMO

ETA
Also, noticed that this article has "Sportsmen's" and I had been searching for "Sportsman's" so maybe that is why I can't find anything on it. Was going to head to bed but will do a quick search on that form of the name.

Gathering news reports, info collected, tax office records and viewing google earth I think I'm close to the elusuve Big Hollow Sportsmans Club (which may not exist anymore) I have seen a picture of a deputy standing near a wooden sign on a fence post that said (BIG HOLLOW) here's info I need to post for my future use.

W. Grange Hall Rd. Has AKA's is also known as
Alta Ln.

7*** W GRANGE HALL RD DUNLAP, IL 61525

Co. Hwy 21

Latitude & Longitude 40.8131 Degrees North -89.7125 Degrees West.

I do have the owners name and sellers name but they do not match what's being reported so that info will not be displayed.

Property Information

Property Address 7*** Grange Hall Rd
Dunlap, IL 61525-9228
MapG MapY MapV
Assessor's Parcel Number (APN) 08-28-300-011
County Name (FIPS Code) PEORIA (17143)
Census Tract - Block 0039.00 - 2033
Owner's Name (last, first) GM
2nd Owner's Name (last, first) AM
Owner's Address 7*** Grange Hall Rd
Dunlap, IL 61525-9228

Owner's Phone 309-*advertiser censored*-xxxx Calculated Total Value $106,980
Calculated Land Value $16,000
Calculated Improvement Value $90,980
Assessed Total Value $106,980
Tax Amount $6,604
Recording Date 05-20-2008
Sale Date 05-16-2008
Sale Price $340,000
Seller's Name (last, first) C & L S.
First Mortgage Amount $247,000
Mortgage Date 05-16-2008
Mortgage Loan Type CNV
Mortgage Deed Type MG
Mortgage Term Code Y
Mortgage Term 30
Mortgage Due Date 06-01-2038
Lender Name GENEQUITY MTG INC
2nd Mortgage Amount $0
Prior Sale Date 06-14-2007
Acres 5.0000 (notice only 5 acres reported in this deed.)
Land Square Footage 217,800
Bedrooms 00000
Total Rooms 0

I do not see the owner listed as Alwan, I have nothing but a fence post sign saying Big Hollow, which I saw yesterday in a picture.

Sat image of the area in question taken in May 2004. The 7*** Yellow push pin, I put in the picture as to an estimate of address. The information you see maybe incorrect but it's info on the West Grange Hall address.

All awaits independant confirmation. Google earth coordinates report.

40°48'46.90"N
89°42'37.79"W

Click to view please

7517GrangeHall.jpg

So why are they not going back until Tuesday....is it because they have to test what was found? Is it weather related? Do they have to get search warrants for specific items??

Coming in a lil late tonite..............

I was thinking this same thing!! Maybe thats how DP knew of the location and its remoteness?:waitasec: GMTA!!

ETA: Aww crap I thought it was Il too......still is a good idea though Pensfan!!
Except that the owner has already stated that IF Drew was on the property that he would have been trespassing - to me that indicates that no, the LE did not have use of this property for practice shooting.

Article that indicate search had been suspended and is continuing Tuesday.

http://www.wgnradio.com/news/top/ct-met-peterson-digging-update-20100606,0,7847188.story?track=rss

SNIPPED

Authorities said Sunday they are still actively pursuing a tip that Stacy Peterson's body is buried on a sprawling farm near Peoria, but they don't plan to resume the search there until after Monday.

The search was suspended at dusk Saturday, and no further work was done Sunday. Illinois State Police Master Sgt. Tom Burek said no searching for the body was planned Monday, and a source told the Tribune that the hunt would resume later this week, possibly as early as Tuesday.
Well here's hoping that the weather we're expecting up farther north is going to miss Peoria. I understand we are to get rain starting late tonight and anywhere from 2" to 3" of rain by tomorrow before it's all said and done. I'm not certain what direction this storm is coming from but if it hangs up towards the northern part of the state it might miss Peoria.

Joe Hosey is supposed to be on MSNBC this morning at 9 talking about it.

Anyway they can have a change of venue to Peru for Drew??????????????? :)

You know.................I was thinking................(again) we could make t-shirts......................have his head in the middle; the Peruvian flag underneath and then "Change of Venue, Peru for Drew"

I have seen it reported that the tip to seach this location may have come from a fellow inmate. If that is the case, I wholeheartedly believe it is not a valid one. MOO is that IF Drew actually mentioned this location to a prisoner, it was to see if the inmate would nark and to watch LE running around pursuing this "lead".

Drew Peterson is a former cop, he of all people is very familiar with LE tactics, including talking to cellies, etc. MOO - That man would never in a trillion years tell anything incriminating to another soul, let alone some dude laying in a bunk next him who could use it against him or for personal gain. PERIOD

ETA I also believe Drew is enjoying all the hubbub and renewed media coverage around this search. This man is sick and thouroughly enjoys his time in the spotlight. He is also a narcissist and thinks he is the puppet master, pulling all the strings behind the scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member