Possible Human Remains Found and DNA Testing

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless Emily had a need to go into that home, I wish there had been someone who could have done that for her. What a horrible place to have to see and wonder what exactly went on. Heartfelt sorrow for her.

It's so sad! I picture Emily walking in that house (or previous home) a few months earlier and going directly to her daughter's room where she was held hostage -- bursting open the door and saying "I'm your MOTHER and you are coming home with me NOW". How Zahra would have felt being rescued by her mom. Would have been amazing.

Guys I think its going to be legit. Zahra's mom is heading to the states. I feel so sad for this little girl. :(

Nancy Grace Breaking news: source: Human remains reportedly found in search for Zahra. Her biological mom reportedly coming to the states!

http://www.facebook.com/NancyGraceHLN

The news in Hickory reported that she may be in Hickory right now ... they think she visited the house where Zahra went missing... according to newscaster....

Guys I think its going to be legit. Zahra's mom is heading to the states. I feel so sad for this little girl. :(

Nancy Grace Breaking news: source: Human remains reportedly found in search for Zahra. Her biological mom reportedly coming to the states!

http://www.facebook.com/NancyGraceHLN

new14charlotte tweeted earlier that she arrived in Hickory.

Zahra Baker's mother, Emily Baker, arrived in Hickory Wednesday night and she came to the Baker residence around 6 a.m. Thursday. She wanted to collect Zahra's belongings that were left behind.

Hickory Police do not plan to hold a press conference on Thursday. Elisa Baker is still in jail and Adam Baker has relocated to an apartment in Hudson. According to reports, he currently does not have his passport.
http://charlotte.news14.com/content...remains-found-in-wednesday-s-search-for-zahra

It's so sad! I picture Emily walking in that house (or previous home) a few months earlier and going directly to her daughter's room where she was held hostage -- bursting open the door and saying "I'm your MOTHER and you are coming home with me NOW". How Zahra would have felt being rescued by her mom. Would have been amazing.

Feeling my eyes tearing up over this comment ...if only...

People can start a new thread on the POI report from CNN, if desired, so you guys can comb through what is meant there.

Bumping this. If it does appear in linkable form, please start another thread. In the meantime, there are a couple threads for discussion of AB and EB's possible involvement, as well as the possibility of a third party, etc, so the discussion can be brought up there, for now.

This thread is not to become a general discussion thread, and must stay on the topic of the possible remains find.

Thanks for co-operating, guys. I appreciate it.

Zahra Baker's mother, Emily Baker, arrived in Hickory Wednesday night and she came to the Baker residence around 6 a.m. Thursday. She wanted to collect Zahra's belongings that were left behind.

Hickory Police do not plan to hold a press conference on Thursday. Elisa Baker is still in jail and Adam Baker has relocated to an apartment in Hudson. According to reports, he currently does not have his passport.
http://charlotte.news14.com/content...remains-found-in-wednesday-s-search-for-zahra

I have a feeling the Bakers took everything out of the house when they were moving last week.

It is very possible that Adam may have given a DNA sample upon his arrest last month.

Agreed.

I'd think LE have Zahra's DNA, either from AB or from the home. I always thought some of the forensics done at the home was also to determine that Zahra did live there ... to narrow the timeline and locations. If she lived there then her DNA would be all over (as well as a possible crime scene).

Hickory Police Statement released today:

http://www.wcnc.com/news/zahra-baker/Zahras-biological-mother-headed-to-NC-107221463.html

Hickory police have not confirmed the discovery of human remains, but released a statement Thursday saying, "Search teams in Caldwell County yesterday located evidence that could provide valuable information in the Zahra Baker case. This evidence will be analyzed at the NC State Bureau of Investigation's lab. We understand the concern and interest in this case by the public but we must be cautious in prematurely releasing information so it will not jeopardize any future criminal proceedings."

I had a dream about sweet Zahra last night. I'm praying that she's found today.

I'm thinking Emily is here because LE has informed her they found her. I wonder if she has been waiting in Australia this whole time for that sad call.

Ok I am a bit confused. I have not been able to read all the threads so the answer may be in one of them. If they think the parents chopped her body up and did away with it, then why would they even report her missing? Why not just move and act like she was never with them? I mean it seems they moved around a lot anyway.

I feel for her real mom having to visit a house where her daughter was abused. Did she even have contact with Zahra? Just so sad and I hope they find her alive/well but at least find her so she can get justice.

Pelvis bone, developed leg bones, there are many bones that to an expert can identify as human (much more difficult with a victim as young as Caylee which is where the bones are smaller and less developed). And of course the skull.

Not to be horrifyingly graphic but with six weeks out in the elements and exposed to animals the torso would not be likely to be found in one piece. Caylee was spread over an entire acre of land and the experts said based on the amount of debris that was on top of the bones they were dispersed fairly early on.

A friend of mine who's a paleontologist told me one time that the most recognizably human bones are the lower jaw and the pelvic girdle. Even experts can misidentify bones from the paw of a small bear as human hand bones, for instance, but no other animal walks or chews like *advertiser censored* sapiens. These bones also usually reveal sex, though that's more difficult in children.

I'm thinking Emily is here because LE has informed her they found her. I wonder if she has been waiting in Australia this whole time for that sad call.

IIRC... she said something to this affect in her interview: she would come to america to get her and bring her home.
:praying:

Hickory Police Statement released today:

http://www.wcnc.com/news/zahra-baker/Zahras-biological-mother-headed-to-NC-107221463.html

Hickory police have not confirmed the discovery of human remains, but released a statement Thursday saying, "Search teams in Caldwell County yesterday located evidence that could provide valuable information in the Zahra Baker case. This evidence will be analyzed at the NC State Bureau of Investigation's lab. We understand the concern and interest in this case by the public but we must be cautious in prematurely releasing information so it will not jeopardize any future criminal proceedings."

Thanks so much for the link...

IMO...the police will not put out anything to the media..that they HAVE discovered Zahra's bones/remains....even if they have..

IMO...police AWAYS downplay what is going on in an investigation...

As for the reporting on the bone they found last week, I BELIEVE they already have DNA from it and KNOW it is Zahra's bone...but no information will be announced...I HATE it when they keep us guessing....lol..

But one can fairly guess and be right...when there is a lot of police activity, digging, ME on site, evidence flags, no fly zone, no media allowed...that they are finding...EVIDENCE of her. IMO....

IMO...what evil people would "scatter" a child....It makes my skin crawl...

IIRC... she said something to this affect in her interview: she would come to america to get her and bring her home.
:praying:

Thank you. I remembered reading that as well, or seeing it on her interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member