Possible Human Remains Found and DNA Testing

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Update: additional interviews today

WBTV has confirmed through a source with knowledge of the investigation that police are conducting additional interviews on Thursday, although the source would not say who is being interviewed.

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13465050

Well I know who I hope is being interviewed...grilled, actually. Maybe some media will see someone coming/going from the PD (if that's where the interviews are taking place).

Well I know who I hope is being interviewed...grilled, actually. Maybe some media will see someone coming/going from the PD (if that's where the interviews are taking place).
IMO one will be at the jail and one will be at the PD. Reporters need to watch for the attorneys - to see who comes and goes.

Me thinks there are some deals in the wind..............................

More interviews, that means EB/AB, LE will now interview each one of them and TURN up the heat. We will hear which one of those got the deal...arrest coming soon me thinks.

IMO one will be at the jail and one will be at the PD. Reporters need to watch for the attorneys - to see who comes and goes.

The only "deal" I hope LE/DA would concede to would be removing the DP as a possibility. Whoever is responsible for Zahra's death needs to at least spend the rest of their life in prison. :behindbar Hopefully though there aren't any deals being made. MOO

I think what they found in the hole was Zahra's amputated leg, they took the soil, leaves as seen in a video. I assume the presumptive test on the debris on and in the hole pointed to another area on Christy road.

?? the amputated leg was, amputated. the prosthetic was already recovered.

Hi guys - stay on the topic of the remains and the tests, please. :wave:

the picture of the excavated area is the textbook protocol for forensic excavation for buried remains.

http://books.google.com/books?id=KM...ge&q=EVIDENCE AREA FOR BURIED REMAINS&f=false

Thanks for the resource, storm! From the first page: "In the case of burned or fragmented remains, or the remains of infants or children, it may be necessary to remove the body along with the surrounding sediment, in order to prevent loss of tiny fragments of bone; the material can then be screened in the morgue or laboratory."

Yes, they need to watch for the attorneys for those two, but also for any other person(s) associated with either of them, such as family or ex-family.

The only sort of deal I could see would be for the one who led them to Zahra's remains, including that they'd have to agree to give testimony against any other(s) charged.

sorry OT, does anyone have the link to current arrest? I had it but had to reformat HD and lost the link.

This is not a general discussion thread. If it becomes one, it will be shut.

Find or start threads for topics not covered in the OP, please.

Is a month enough time for a body to decompose into bones? I thought that took years.

Is it just a coincidence that they would release that human remains were found on the day that bio mom reaches the United States. I think that they were waiting to release that type of information to give the courtsey to her before anyone else.. If that is the reason .. thank you LE for giving her the courtsey.

Question and Answer Thread.
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118885"]Questions and Answers NO DISCUSSION - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Is a month enough time for a body to decompose into bones? I thought that took years.

That depends on weather, animal activity, size/condition of the individual, etc, etc. But, yes, it can happen quite quickly.

An example, 8yo Tori Stafford was killed in April and found in July, IIRC, and she was already in skeletal (or partially skeletalized) remains by that time.

Today, several media outlets, citing the Hickory Police Department as a source, claimed the evidence found at the search site consists of "possible human remains." Hickory police, however, deny making any such statements to the press.

"I would like to know where they got it from," Hickory Deputy Chief of Police Clyde Deal told AOL News. "What we have told everybody is exactly what is on the release. ... I don't know if some of these people are assuming and making a leak [or] if somebody is trusting a source for their information outside this police department. [If they are], that probably is not wise journalism."

http://www.aolnews.com/crime/articl...ra-baker-case/19713026?a_dgi=aolshare_twitter

Today, several media outlets, citing the Hickory Police Department as a source, claimed the evidence found at the search site consists of "possible human remains." Hickory police, however, deny making any such statements to the press.

"I would like to know where they got it from," Hickory Deputy Chief of Police Clyde Deal told AOL News. "What we have told everybody is exactly what is on the release. ... I don't know if some of these people are assuming and making a leak [or] if somebody is trusting a source for their information outside this police department. [If they are], that probably is not wise journalism."

http://www.aolnews.com/crime/articl...ra-baker-case/19713026?a_dgi=aolshare_twitter

He does not seem pleased. I remember with the Caylee case how LE does NOT like when things like this happen. Hopefully it will get sorted out soon, and something more verifiable can be released.

That depends on weather, animal activity, size/condition of the individual, etc, etc. But, yes, it can happen quite quickly.

An example, 8yo Tori Stafford was killed in April and found in July, IIRC, and she was already in skeletal (or partially skeletalized) remains by that time.

True, Ducky. Just a note about the weather -- it was unseasonably hot in NC all through September and into early October. In Hickory, there were multiple days in mid-to-late Sept that the high was above 90 degrees, then mostly 70s/80s in October.

You can check by date here: http://www.wunderground.com/history...tml?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA

Depending on time of death/disposal (sounds so cold to type, sorry), her remains could have been exposed to some seriously hot weather, more so than you'd imagine for Sept in the foothills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne