Possible IT, Computer & Tech. Connection to the Long Island Case, Perp & Victims

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Pursuit Magazine
Internet & Cyber Crime Terms and Definitions
by Admin
http://pursuitmag.com/cyber-crime-terms-and-definitions/

*This website has a good glossary of Cyber terms. I will use some of those terms in my future posts. Pay particular attention to the following words:

“Bluebugging: a form of bluetooth attack. A Bluebug program allows the user to “take control” of the victim’s phone. Not only can they make calls, they can send messages, essentially do anything the phone can do. This also means that the Bluebug user can simply listen to any conversation his victim is having in real life.”

“Bluejacking: the sending of unsolicited messages over Bluetooth to Bluetooth-enabled devices such as mobile phones, PDAs or laptop computers,”

“Bluesnarfing: the unauthorized access of information from a wireless device through a Bluetooth connection, often between phones, desktops, laptops, and PDAs. This allows access to a calendar, contact list, emails and text messages, and on some phones users can steal pictures and private videos.”

This website was down for about an hour today starting @ about 8:40pm CST. Just a coincidence that LISK website is shut down for good at about the same time?

Check out Tricia Griffith's Twitter page.

http://twitter.com/websleuths

I don't know, but honestly, with that website gone, expect to see a lot of whackos showing up here..... seriosuly, we kind of need that site to keep the crazies away..
If you go to the site though, they wrote

LongIslandSerialKiller.com
Due to the lack of sensitivity and the amount of people that this website has offended it is being disabled. This website was started to help bring more attention to case and help catch the Long Island Serial Killer but it obviously has not. We who created this website do not feel safe running it anymore due to the amount of emails and negative responses it has received.
We sincerely apologize.

Wonder what it wsa that made them "not feel safe" anymore... and what it was exactly that made that site get ripped from the web..... hmmmm.....

The owner of the LISK site is attempting to remain anonymous. He/She/They uses a "domain by proxy".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domains_by_Proxy

*To get to the web page linked above, input the following in the Google search bar. It is the first result on the first page: define: "domains by proxy"

"Please note: the registrant of the domain name is specified
in the "registrant" field. In most cases, GoDaddy.com, LLC
is not the registrant of domain names listed in this database."

"Registrant:
Domains By Proxy, LLC"

"Registered through: Go Daddy
Domain Name: LONGISLANDSERIALKILLER.COM"

"Domain servers in listed order:
NS01.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
NS02.DOMAINCONTROL.COM"

"For complete domain details go to:
http://who.godaddy.com/whoischeck.as...RIALKILLER.COM"

"The previous information has been obtained either directly from the registrant or a registrar of the domain name other than Network Solutions. Network Solutions, therefore, does not guarantee its accuracy or completeness."

http://www.networksolutions.com/whoi...rialkiller.com

*To get to the web site quoted and linked above, enter the following into the address bar of your search engine: networksolutions.com

Then enter the following into the networksolutions.com search bar: longislandserialkiller.com

Sorry, I don't understand proxy language...

You just made my head spin........:what:

Ur last link is now a 404 not found...... hmmmmm.
Pulled as well?

"Domains by Proxy is an Internet company owned by Go Daddy founder Bob Parsons. It offers domain privacy services through partner domain registrars such as Go Daddy and Wild West Domains.

Subscribers list Domains by Proxy as their administrative and technical contacts in the Internet's WHOIS database, thereby delegating responsibility for managing unsolicited contacts from third parties and keeping the domains owners personal information safe from the public eye.

The Domains by Proxy service is not a legal obligation, however, and registrant's personal information can be released in some cases, such as a legal subpoena or cease and desist[1][2]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domains_by_Proxy

From what I understand, Robin Sax is a victim's rights advocate. I just can't see her running the LISK site, IMHO. The victim's families hated that site from the get go.

New York Magazine
A Serial Killer in Common
By Robert Kolker
May 29, 2011
http://nymag.com/news/features/long-island-serial-killer-families-2011-6/

"Cann has taken it upon herself to police anyone seeking to exploit the case. One target is Longislandserialkiller.com, a site that culls information about the case. “They were selling freaking T-shirts!” she says."

Robin Sax
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robin_Sax

"Robin Ann Sax (born c. 1971) is an author, legal analyst, victim advocate, radio host,[1] and a former prosecutor for the State of California, County of Los Angeles and Riverside County District Attorney's Office."

That's what it looks like. However, the authorities can subpoena the records from what I understand. I'm no expert on the legal stuff though.

The LISK wasn't always run anonymously, when it was first up I checked whois and did a cursory sleuth of the fellow. Nothing of real interest, just a website developer who lives in the area... I don't know if I even kept a record of him.

And yes, here come the crazies :what:.....so we are all going to need to lookout.

:truce:

As soon as SG was found that web site findingshannan.com or something went into Maintenance Mode. It was that way for a long time so I stopped checking in on it.

Very interesting to say the least Quiet Girl....
I wonder what is going on over there that all these sites are coming down....
Maybe they all know something we don't, or maybe like someone said, it all ties back to Robin Sax.

The LISK wasn't always run anonymously, when it was first up I checked whois and did a cursory sleuth of the fellow. Nothing of real interest, just a website developer who lives in the area... I don't know if I even kept a record of him.

And yes, here come the crazies :what:.....so we are all going to need to lookout.

:truce:

You should pass that info on to LE, IMHO.

Truce.

Hey Long Island Locals-

Do any of you know how good the Nassau and Suffolk County Police Departments' computer crimes units are? Are they working with good equipment or with the equivalent of Commodore 64s?

Thanks in advance!

slim

Lulz at the Commodore 64s!

See now I am 38 and remember them clearly I know many many computer geeks my age and older. in fact the older with more experience. Which brings me to thinking if this person is computer savvy I think they are about my age. It is possible for someone to have started this in their early 20's. Sorry OT just made me think about it again.

Lulz at the Commodore 64s!

See now I am 38 and remember them clearly I know many many computer geeks my age and older. in fact the older with more experience. Which brings me to thinking if this person is computer savvy I think they are about my age. It is possible for someone to have started this in their early 20's. Sorry OT just made me think about it again.

My BH (Better Half) still has a Commodore 64 from teenagehood. I don't know why we still have it. It's not like we play Pong on a regular basis. I guess it has sentimental value for my BH.

I think the perp is in the thirties to forties age range. Although, my parents are in their 60s and they are pretty computer literate. They do a lot of computer work for professional reasons. So, it's possible that the perp could be older.

Was the LISK website a sockpuppet website?

wiseGEEK
What is a Sock Puppet Website?
http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-sock-puppet-website.htm

“A sock puppet website is a website created to support an artificial personality, known in Internet slang as a sock puppet, shadow puppet, or glove puppet. While few sock puppets go to the length of making websites, preferring to remain in the shadows of bulletin boards, blog comments, and other forums, some do, and are sometimes capable of deceiving otherwise highly educated and knowledgeable individuals. A sock puppet website can be used to create the illusion that a false personality is real, advance a viral marketing campaign, as part of an astroturfing effort, or to undermine people with opposing views.”

*The wiseGEEK website also has a good glossary of Internet slang and terms, IMHO.

**I still wonder if the LISK website was owned and operated by the perp. I hope LE will subpoena the site's records if they haven't already to thoroughly investigate that possibility!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734
Back