Possible lead in Susan Powell case, 8-18-11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Could Nevada dirt provide clues into Susan Powell's disappearance?

SALT LAKE CITY — There are still many unanswered questions about last week's unusual twist in the search for Susan Powell.

Investigators still won't say what led them to abandoned mines near Ely, Nev. But the highly publicized episode has led to speculation about a CSI-style probe involving forensic geology.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=16925928

As sent to The Associated Press on Monday by Josh’s sister, Alina Powell, the two journal entries — seven handwritten pages on what appears to be school notebook paper — details events from Susan’s life in 1996 and 1998. In the email, Steve Powell contends the documents prove, “Susan is a lot more vulnerable emotionally than Chuck and Judy Cox would like people to believe.”
In one passage, the television station reports, Josh Powell claims that Susan had written she had “taken 10 Ibuprofen” but then later stated she “wasn’t trying to kill herself.”
“They concluded that she was not suicidal,” he [Cox]said. “In Steve’s mind, that proves that she was.”
http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...ournal-pages/2011/08/22/gIQAsoUpWJ_story.html

Again, this makes no sense.
If they believe she ran off with Steven Koecher and has been prowling in beauty shops ever since, what do her suicidal tendencies as a teen, if any, have to do with anything at all?

Interesting that he publicly whines about LE planting evidence in Ely. Sounds to me like he is worried that they will find something. But what?

Obviously, if they find her body there, it would not be planted. But maybe there is something else he tossed down one of those mines that he is now concerned about. The weapon? Her clothing?
His bloody clothing?

Curious if it was a blue shirt and tan pants?

Are you talking about Elliot Ness.......:drink: Prohibition :cop: leading to :bigfight:leading to :behindbar leading to good ol' fashioned :smiliescale:

LOL

You have to remember that a good majority of LE had their toes in it also.

Anyone know what time the hearing for the protective order is scheduled for today?

I can't wait to hear what a judge has to say about Josh's appearance where Chuck Cox was handing out fliers the other day! Who is stalking who, Josh?

Could Nevada dirt provide clues into Susan Powell's disappearance?

SALT LAKE CITY — There are still many unanswered questions about last week's unusual twist in the search for Susan Powell.

Investigators still won't say what led them to abandoned mines near Ely, Nev. But the highly publicized episode has led to speculation about a CSI-style probe involving forensic geology.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=16925928

If this is the case....doubting it was from the rental car. Also, there was other info LE had rec'd besides what was developed from the original search warrants. Too, even tho JP is the only publicly declared POI---and definitely looks guilty by his actions and non-actions, there may be evidence pointing to others. LE just stated they were there to conduct further investigation into Susan's case. Early in the case, her friends were saying they believed she was abducted.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...ng-allegations-of-unwanted-advances.html?pg=2

[snip]

Alina Powell, who is Josh's sister and Steve's daughter, also disputed the claims of the advances and harshly scolded her estranged sister.
"Susan has been incredibly flirtatious with my father, but he has never made any advance on her. He has always been very welcoming of her in the family," Alina Powell said. "She was like a daughter to him. She was the daughter that Jennifer Graves never was."
Any hugging or kissing that happened was the type of hugs that Alina's father would give her, she said, adding that Steve Powell never "crossed the boundary."

If this is the case....doubting it was from the rental car. Also, there was other info LE had rec'd besides what was developed from the original search warrants. Too, even tho JP is the only publicly declared POI---and definitely looks guilty by his actions and non-actions, there may be evidence pointing to others. LE just stated they were there to conduct further investigation into Susan's case. Early in the case, her friends were saying they believed she was abducted.

with the information being released about Steven's interest in sharing Susan with Josh, perhaps the friends believed that Steven and Josh abducted Susan to forced her relationship with Steven? Maybe they had questions about whether Susan was killed or being held captive by Josh and/or Steven?

I still think with Josh believing that he is such a great web designer - maybe law enforcement found clues leading to Ely on one of his websites - like the welcome to the spider's lair which you had to be a member to enter. So many cases today are being solved by the internet.

I am very appreciative of how our law enforcement has developed over the years, imagine back in the time period of the movie True Grit. I imagined a lot of murderers and robbers got away with a lot more in those days.

Anyone know what time the hearing for the protective order is scheduled for today?

I can't wait to hear what a judge has to say about Josh's appearance where Chuck Cox was handing out fliers the other day! Who is stalking who, Josh?

I can't find anything in MSM listing the time, but there is a thread for it now. [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147765"]8-23-11. Hearing for protective order - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Not being snarky, but there is a thread for the discussion of JP's crush on Susan and also the journals. It's just if people go to research at a later date any important info you post on another thread may get missed. :)

I can't find anything in MSM listing the time, but there is a thread for it now. 8-23-11. Hearing for protective order - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Not being snarky, but there is a thread for the discussion of JP's crush on Susan and also the journals. It's just if people go to research at a later date any important info you post on another thread may get missed. :)

Only reference made to the hearing was Afternoon today from what I saw on the thread. If anyone pinpoints the time it would be great!

Steve Powell is the very last person on earth she would EVER want to lay a finger on her personal journals—let alone take the time to spend hundreds of hours reading every page and “transcribing” them.

It may be a sign of an obsession IMO. A teen's personal journals are not very good, rewarding literature, usually, they may be difficult to read and partly boring. Probably nobody but Steven Powell thinks that Susan Powell's journals lots of years ago when she was a child have anything to do with her disappearance as an adult. So it's a wasted effort to transcribe them. But I guess if he was in lurrrve he would justify spending the time reading about the object of his obsession.

Hooray! She finally spoke up. Steven Powell and his kids are disgusting.

Perverted to say the least, father & son.
Susan's dear little boys living with these men.........
Her parents should have rights!

WOW! What a well written response. I will never read a word of what Susan wrote out of respect for her. My daughter just moved out and left behind her ramblings from her teenage years (she's only 19 now). This will never represent who she is 10 years from now and I would never let anyone read them. This should be criminal. I hope copyright action is taken.

WOW! What a well written response. I will never read a word of what Susan wrote out of respect for her. My daughter just moved out and left behind her ramblings from her teenage years (she's only 19 now). This will never represent who she is 10 years from now and I would never let anyone read them. This should be criminal. I hope copyright action is taken.

BBM

I had that exact conversation with my 19 yr old DD an hour ago. She is moving out and she was going to throw away her old diary from middle school and early high school. I said that she might want to read it years from now, and I would lock it away until later if she wants. But after reading about the Powells website, maybe my DD is right. :mad:

BBM

I had that exact conversation with my 19 yr old DD an hour ago. She is moving out and she was going to throw away her old diary from middle school and early high school. I said that she might want to read it years from now, and I would lock it away until later if she wants. But after reading about the Powells website, maybe my DD is right. :mad:

Anyone who keeps a journal or diary, should never leave it behind.

But...in a case like this, Susan's journal should have been given to the police.
It's not Josh's, unless he inherited it after her death.....well....

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maym
Back