Possible Links between RAT and JM

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Her hair was an extension, so not a part of her body, and her fingernail was a fake nail, also. So, those items while normally would contain DNA, did not in this case.

The extension had roots and skin and natural hair attached, so they did ID it as that of Alexis Murphy.

Thanks for posting this. There's stuff here I've never seen before.

What does "could not be excluded" mean? Does that mean they couldn't tell if RAT's dna was on the shirt or that it was definitely someone else's dna but they're just not excluding him for other reasons (2 men's dna?)?

Isn't it more likely that RAT hid the shirt in a temporary spot and after the FBI search felt that it would be safe to stuff it under the couch because the search was done?

I am not a DNA expert by any means, but my personal understanding is that when a source of DNA can't be excluded, it can indicate that the genetic material of the control (RATs DNA) is a component of the sample tested (and by all accounts it probably was since it was his shirt, imo), but cannot be considered an exact match, possibly due to the complexity of the DNA mixture. The amount of his DNA in the sample was not enough to be considered a match. Alexis' DNA was able to be matched likely because she was a major contributor. There was a lot more of her DNA present to be tested. I think it would be obvious RATs DNA would be on the shirt - it was one he had worn and it was in his trailer - but I do find it peculiar that within the blood sample there was not enough of his own DNA in that sample to present a conclusive match.

**EDITING TO ADD*** "On cross examination of the FBI biologists, she said it was possible the DNA match may not have come from blood. Since it was Randy Taylor's shirt she says it is possible a skin cell from Taylor could have also been in test sample." - Parker Slaybaugh

***Also, I learned just now that trial testimony indicated there was NO THIRD source of DNA on the shirt. (I'd mentioned previously about a possibility of more than one male being the source of DNA on his shirt - scratch that )

Yes, I'd think that it is more likely he would do so, but if FBI Agent Britney Wampler is to be trusted (and I think she should be) when she stated they did an “extremely thorough search” and searched the trailer "inch-by-inch" in that first search, and the place it was initially hidden was so good it went undetected by the FBI in their inch-by-inch search, then why move it to an obvious place? I get what you mean with since they already searched here, let me put it here, and I can see where RAT may think that and quite possibly that's exactly what he did. But if dogs were brought in, (and I don't remember if they were) wouldn't they have been able to detect where the shirt was hidden to begin with?

I just had another thought . . . remember when the cab driver stated after picking him up in Charlottesville, he dropped RAT off a few miles before his home? It was alleged this was to throw off any authorities, which I think is probably true unless he didn't have enough money to pay for any further distance. But knowing now that JLM was living on Wells, 7.4 miles from RAT's place, I wonder exactly where RAT was dropped off.

That is not true.

My understanding about the bedding was there was only one hair found on his pillow (no blood) and no DNA or anything else belonging to Alexis was on any other part of the bedding. There was no blood DNA of Alexis' on the walls either as far as I understand. I would love to see a trial or post-trial link from MSM about it if so.
__ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __​

Sure, Taylor obviously has guilt or he wouldn't have lied. But the question for me is what exactly is he guilty of doing. He was found guilty of murder, yes, still I feel there's reasonable doubt there. . . especially now with the whole JLM stuff. There's more between the two than has been brought to light.

RAT's shirt & DNA evidence: It wasn't covered in blood. Blood was all over the back of the shirt, not the front, and that was it. Also, according to testimony, "Blood from two people was on a T-shirt found under Taylor’s couch; Murphy was the “major contributor” and Taylor “could not be excluded,”" http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/t...cle_ae2f0622-d46d-11e3-a117-0017a43b2370.html. Randy wore the shirt, there was blood of two people on it, so why, if it was in fact his blood, could it not be confirmed through DNA? Could it have been JLM's blood or someone else?

Finding RAT's shirt: "
FBI agents who searched the camper the first time say they are quite sure the bloody shirt wasn't in there when they searched it the first time" -Parker Slaybaugh
"Agents were there for six hours August 7 conducting a thorough search of the camper that included turning over the sofa, bed, and chair and going through every piece of clothing."http://www.c-ville.com/randy-taylor-trial-day-two-murphys-blood-found/#.VEoLfJUtBYc - - BBM - And they didn't find the shirt. They did find a hair on a pillow and a jagged fingernail on the floor. RAT was arrested. Officers then went back and searched and found the shirt in a place that Federal agents stated they were quite sure it wasn't at when they searched "every inch" of the trailer. Inside the shirt is where they found the remaining evidence, the hair extension and eyelash. Could JLM have snuck in and left the shirt? They didn't have RAT's place guarded that night like they've been guarding the area in Charlottesville.

Sure, RAT seems like a shady character, but the info he provides is alarming. Read the "Crossing the Line" area for more specifics.com. In a nutshell there were some illegal and unethical shenanigans by LE leading up to the crime scene discrepancies.

A court recently agreed that police violated his rights in their surveillance tactics.

"It, from the court's judgment, is a case in which no matter how one evaluates the testimony, there really isn't any credible evidence to support the warrantless search and seizure," declared Judge Daniel Bouton, according to a trial transcript.

The problem, according to Bouton, was that the officers provided "three different versions of what happened here, and they really don't add up."

Taylor's attorney says he's typically a skeptic when it comes to claims of police misconduct.

"I've had a lot of people tell me they've been framed by police, and usually it's a crock," says Rhea (Taylor's attorney). Rhea says he became convinced that Taylor was telling the truth.

http://www.readthehook.com/108360/l...amily-mourns-suspect-claims-police-harassment

Who do we believe any more?

Not that the pic has anything to do with a link between RAT and JLM, but just for reference for anyone new to this case or coming over from Hannah's threads. . . the "trailer" we keep referencing is more like a camper. Here it is being towed away.

520a1c64d643d.image.jpg

http://www.newsplex.com/home/headlines/279954152.htm

Trina says she does not think Jesse Matthew, the man accused of abducting Hannah Graham, had anything to do with the death of Alexis.

"Even if it came out tomorrow that Jesse Matthew was somehow involved," she said, "it doesn't make Randy Taylor any less guilty. All the DNA evidence was found in his trailer. Her blood was on his shirt."

My pc has been acting up so ,,,I am sleuthing away.

I would like to refer to sleuthers the case of Lisa gaudezi from caroline county. Lisa was reported missing by her husband jan 95. ( related with that case is another missing person ,Randy Evans 1998)

Lisa's body was hidden by her husband on Massaponax chruch road.,which is the same road Mark Evonitz lived on. Lisa and her husband (who is now in jail) were from NJ, and Lisa was in the military.

The only known case of murder related to the route 29 stalker.
Alica showwalter reynolds was found may 1996 in lignum. (culpepper)
She went missing in march of 1996. She was on her way from c ville to meet her mom in spotslyvania (where marc lived ,and where lisa was hidden)

Marc's first suspected murder is 1996 on sept 9 . Sophia silva (she was found in a creek in king george in oct 1996)

Fast forward to sept 18th 1996 Anne Mcdaniels is reported missing 4 days later she is found 7 miles from where Alica was found.She was dismembered and burned.

Anne ,lived in caroline county. I dont think I will stick with one 29 stalker . Or a rt 29 stalker at all ,(he tried to stop people in woodbridge on 234 ,in stafford on rt 17,in spotslyvania on rt 3)

The Lisk sisters were found in Hanover which borders caroline county.

I would have loved to posted links but my pc is not allowing maps..links ..ugh.

Like the 'Highway of Tears' in Canada, The 29 stalker is likely several killers. It's the geography that lends itself to this type of activity. College town, party girls and miles and miles of remote area.

It sounds to me that RAT didn't ever give them a name of the black man, maybe he didn't even know the name. Supposedly his attorney Hallahan did a search and just presented RAT with pics of people and RAT picked one of dameon bradley.

Surprised no mention of fingerprint testing on AM phone. I can even sometimes see fingerprints on mine. If someone tore it up, would be the last prints on it.

I am not a DNA expert by any means, but my personal understanding is that when a source of DNA can't be excluded, it can indicate that the genetic material of the control (RATs DNA) is a component of the sample tested (and by all accounts it probably was since it was his shirt, imo), but cannot be considered an exact match, possibly due to the complexity of the DNA mixture. The amount of his DNA in the sample was not enough to be considered a match. Alexis' DNA was able to be matched likely because she was a major contributor. There was a lot more of her DNA present to be tested. I think it would be obvious RATs DNA would be on the shirt - it was one he had worn and it was in his trailer - but I do find it peculiar that within the blood sample there was not enough of his own DNA in that sample to present a conclusive match.

**EDITING TO ADD*** "On cross examination of the FBI biologists, she said it was possible the DNA match may not have come from blood. Since it was Randy Taylor's shirt she says it is possible a skin cell from Taylor could have also been in test sample." - Parker Slaybaugh

***Also, I learned just now that trial testimony indicated there was NO THIRD source of DNA on the shirt. (I'd mentioned previously about a possibility of more than one male being the source of DNA on his shirt - scratch that )

Yes, I'd think that it is more likely he would do so, but if FBI Agent Britney Wampler is to be trusted (and I think she should be) when she stated they did an “extremely thorough search” and searched the trailer "inch-by-inch" in that first search, and the place it was initially hidden was so good it went undetected by the FBI in their inch-by-inch search, then why move it to an obvious place? I get what you mean with since they already searched here, let me put it here, and I can see where RAT may think that and quite possibly that's exactly what he did. But if dogs were brought in, (and I don't remember if they were) wouldn't they have been able to detect where the shirt was hidden to begin with?
I wanted to add something. Since a DNA test cannot be more than 99.999% positive on identification (there are those pesky identical twins...), "can not be excluded" means that this person cannot be identified 100% as being the person to whom the DNA belongs. There are various levels of "cannot be excluded", as noted in this article:
http://nij.gov/topics/forensics/evidence/dna/basics/pages/possible-results.aspx#Exclusions

"The term "match" is also commonly used when the test results are consistent with the results from a known individual. That individual is included (cannot be excluded) as a possible source of the DNA found in the sample. Often, statistical frequencies regarding the rarity of the particular set of genetic information observed in the unknown evidence sample and for a known individual are provided for various population groups."

He was seen in that exact type of shirt on video, the shirt was found in his living premises, his DNA cannot be excluded from being on that shirt, he does not have an identical twin, ergo logic dictates that is his shirt. That it also had Alexis' blood on it and her hair extensions (identified by DNA) would then by logical conclusion mean his shirt was near Alexis when something happened to make her bleed and/or have her hair extensions pulled out. The shirt could have been being worn, or have been used to mop up the blood, etc. That there was no third source of DNA means a logical conclusion was that RAT was the one wearing the shirt or doing the cleaning up. Etc, etc.

And as to the hidden shirt, I have a pretty disgusting tale. There was a terrible smell in my house, at the base of the couch. We upended the couch, pulled socks out of the edges, vacuumed it out down into the fabric stuff that covers the bottom (ours has reclining seats so you can see all the way to the bottom), had it cleaned, the whole nine yards. The smell went away. When the couch went to be recovered, a dehydrated dead mouse was discovered in a place where the fabric folds over another piece of fabric. In looking at the location, I could easily have hidden a shirt there, had I known the pocket was there, and missed it if I didn't know the pocket was there. There are places things can be hidden where you can't find them unless you do, actually, completely tear things apart.

Oldwindow, I am not Aeronomy but I did follow this case. I can find nothing that says any blood was found on any wall of the trailer. I can find no FBI documentation, no court documentation, nothing. If you have a link, that would be great. Facts have links to prove they are facts. Without a link, what you (that is generic "you", not specific "you") post is considered opinion. Otherwise, there is no evidence in any MSM that shows Alexis' blood was on the wall of RATs trailer.

No one said RAT did not rape anyone. We have no idea if he did or didn't. I think something got misconstrued there.

I am also not aware that the camper was broken down piece by piece. Are you saying that they left a pile of bits and pieces where the trailer used to be? Again, a link would be great. I'd really like to see a picture of that.

No I said they could have broken it down not looked around it like before,. which mean break/open certain items, Say for example the sofa.. They would open it up. thus a break down not a shake down

As for blood splatter. Go look at the case once more ,The Fbi brought in " infra red cameras "they are used to find soils and they found small blood splatter on his camper walls, his clothing etc etc. That is the whole point of bringing/using such camera. Its not a opinion of anything of mines. That's a fact its in thread of the court day not to hard to find that.. If you followed the case you would have seen that they brought up such camera it was said in court. Its used to find soils of differ levels matters. Even if he painted his walls of his camper it would have found the blood splatter no matter how small..

Please look up "Bloodstain Pattern Analysis" read it thoroughly please ,with the AM case in your mind. I don't want you to come back and ask show me a link, not being rude at all. That's how they knew it was a fight in his camper for her life. This correlate's to the camera

As far the rape comment. I replied to the person who said rat don't violent crimes on resume like rape but JMl does. I replied we have no proof of rape with Jml till now, If he is not convicted of it, its not a crime, its called being accused. You can arrested me every day of the week for a crime, but if I don't go to jail (convicted) its not a crime nor is one committed.

We have idea what happened that night Am was abducted by rat. Mines includes rape , assault , murder of 17 yrs old AM I will stand by that, the courts has statd that facts. The fbi which has 94% conviction rate, 97% in the state of Virginia. anyone else's claim can include a game monopoly and a cup of coffee and 1 way ticket to Disney land. Till someone show me a monopoly board and a ticket broker ,the Fbi and courts say weight more within the events of that night..

I left this question over on the Randy Allen Taylor thread, but noted that there isn't much going on over there right now, so am asking it here as well.
I hope it isn't too gross for the forum, and that someone will have the answer. Taylor said (or is reputed to have said) of Alexis Murphy that "from the first time I seen her, I wanted to **** her my way."
What does that mean? Is it just something people say, like a local colloquialism, or was there some sort of specific meaning to the statement? It's not that I want to have a long conversation about Taylor's sexual likes and dislikes, yuck, but if there was some sort of specific predilection (sp?) it might shed light on his associations, habits, and ultimately, the possible location of Alexis Murphy's body. And now that we are looking so closely at JLM, it's worth considering all over again.
Even if RAT and JLM didn't know each other or "work together" as serial killers, (!) were there similarities between them that might have made them run in the same circles or do some of the same things? I think we have to assume that a person who would kill must have some very powerful compulsions. How does that happen, and from a sleuthing perspective, how do those compulsions play out in what might be considered a person's "normal" or "external" if you prefer, life?
All this is a long-winded way of saying that I think the "my way" question is worth asking and answering.
My apologies if this has already been discussed, but I haven't been able to find the answer.

Kenneth McDuff said he was going "to use her up" about one victim. Her remains have never been found. So maybe it's like a ritual, quirk,?

Kenneth McDuff said he was going "to use her up" about one victim. Her remains have never been found. So maybe it's like a ritual, quirk,?

@ Erica/

I assumed he meant some type of " sexual bondage" some type of sexual aggression / or time lapse sexual nature towards her. "My way" is strong term for control in everyway of my character. If im going to drive your car "my way". You will then think about the way I drive, if I drive slow. then im going to drive slow enjoy it take my time , use certain driving methods to enjoy your car/. But I go pedal to the metal to the wheels fall off ruthless aggression that still considered my way "its a hidden trait of what I like". It will be understood by my attempts to explain things in doing it my way. In complete control.

I want to put this out there. Sexual Masterbation with one self is said to lead mental insanity of the thoughts and desire upon a person . Putting your self in a private world of solid aggression in a sexual nature for the sake of passion. This why a lot don't think masturbation is a good thing to teach . It hurts the mental awareness of what reals in desire and what's fake in your desires, it build more sexual aggression Or desires to do in reality( such a sex, or leads to sexual assaults, rapes etc).. By rat buying sex tapes and etc it pretty much show he's in the lane of that sexual desires thus we can assume masturbation. How far along was his sexual aggression? . If he saying things like the assumed "MY way".. then I assume he was far out there in the dominating area of sexual aggression in sexual nature.

This is theory a lot have on self masturbation and the mind. A lot assume and think you go crazy/mental from doing it to much and it leads to bad things within that person... This why alot advocate for young marriages like 17-21 yrs old. I don't have opinion on any of it personally. Im just saying a point view., But I do see a good pattern of less sexual violence versus women when masturbation was taught as wrong among young men, more than other way around.

No I said they could have broken it down not looked around it like before,. which mean break/open certain items, Say for example the sofa.. They would open it up. thus a break down not a shake down

As for blood splatter. Go look at the case once more ,The Fbi brought in " infra red cameras "they are used to find soils and they found small blood splatter on his camper walls, his clothing etc etc. That is the whole point of bringing/using such camera. Its not a opinion of anything of mines. That's a fact its in thread of the court day not to hard to find that.. If you followed the case you would have seen that they brought up such camera it was said in court. Its used to find soils of differ levels matters. Even if he painted his walls of his camper it would have found the blood splatter no matter how small..

Please look up "Bloodstain Pattern Analysis" read it thoroughly please ,with the AM case in your mind. I don't want you to come back and ask show me a link, not being rude at all. That's how they knew it was a fight in his camper for her life. This correlate's to the camera

As far the rape comment. I replied to the person who said rat don't violent crimes on resume like rape but JMl does. I replied we have no proof of rape with Jml till now, If he is not convicted of it, its not a crime, its called being accused. You can arrested me every day of the week for a crime, but if I don't go to jail (convicted) its not a crime nor is one committed.

We have idea what happened that night Am was abducted by rat. Mines includes rape , assault , murder of 17 yrs old AM I will stand by that, the courts has statd that facts. The fbi which has 94% conviction rate, 97% in the state of Virginia. anyone else's claim can include a game monopoly and a cup of coffee and 1 way ticket to Disney land. Till someone show me a monopoly board and a ticket broker ,the Fbi and courts say weight more within the events of that night..

this is the only reference I can find to this

https://www.facebook.com/ParkSlaybaugh/posts/433347636810264

I can't find anything where they said if it was blood or not.

I assume most of our walls in our homes would have some spots that glowed, never mind a very old towable camper.

I want to put this out there. Sexual Masterbation with one self is said to lead mental insanity of the thoughts and desire upon a person . Putting your self in a private world of solid aggression in a sexual nature for the sake of passion. This why a lot don't think masturbation is a good thing to teach . It hurts the mental awareness of what reals in desire and what's fake in your desires, it build more sexual aggression Or desires to do in reality( such a sex, or leads to sexual assaults, rapes etc).. By rat buying sex tapes and etc it pretty much show he's in the lane of that sexual desires thus we can assume masturbation. How far along was his sexual aggression? . If he saying things like the assumed "MY way".. then I assume he was far out there in the dominating area of sexual aggression in sexual nature.

This is theory a lot have on self masturbation and the mind. A lot assume and think you go crazy/mental from doing it to much and it leads to bad things within that person... This why alot advocate for young marriages like 17-21 yrs old. I don't have opinion on any of it personally. Im just saying a point view., But I do see a good pattern of less sexual violence versus women when masturbation was taught as wrong among young men, more than other way around.

I don't know what sources you're reading, but you may want to check the copyright date. Other than certain extreme religious sects, most medical professionals relinquished those beliefs over a hundred years ago. In fact, I would argue that more violence stems from repression of sexual urges than from masturbation. Of course, that would be O/T.

@ Erica/

I assumed he meant some type of " sexual bondage" some type of sexual aggression / or time lapse sexual nature towards her. "My way" is strong term for control in everyway of my character. If im going to drive your car "my way". You will then think about the way I drive, if I drive slow. then im going to drive slow enjoy it take my time , use certain driving methods to enjoy your car/. But I go pedal to the metal to the wheels fall off ruthless aggression that still considered my way "its a hidden trait of what I like". It will be understood by my attempts to explain things in doing it my way. In complete control.

Are you trying to say masturbation leads to sexual aggression??? I don't even know what to say other than I think that is totally *advertiser censored* backwards. Some people may still feel that way, but IMO it is VERY outdated thinking.

this is the only reference I can find to this

https://www.facebook.com/ParkSlaybaugh/posts/433347636810264

I can't find anything where they said if it was blood or not.

I assume most of our walls in our homes would have some spots that glowed, never mind a very old towable camper.
Thank you, I thought it was never confirmed. Nothing that says blood was found on the wall of the trailer. For example:
"Typically, luminol only shows investigators that there might be blood in an area, since other substances, including household bleach, can also cause the luminol to glow."

http://science.howstuffworks.com/luminol3.htm

Guaranteed there's some bleach on a lot of my walls. Oddly enough, horseradish also glows with the luminol mix used for finding blood spatters. (random fact)

I don't know what sources you're reading, but you may want to check the copyright date. Other than certain extreme religious sects, most medical professionals relinquished those beliefs over a hundred years ago. In fact, I would argue that more violence stems from repression of sexual urges than from masturbation. Of course, that would be O/T.

Well as I written before. Its not my personal view but a view that some have inth medical world and private.. A lot rapist masturbate while they kill or on dead of the person after the kill ... Im trying to explain the :my way" the mind frame of that.

Your second part is subjective to debate. Science cant prove everything and debunk every thing for all things. Science is not based on 100% certain in all cases there is always room for error even the smallest error ruin the whole fact that be. The human mind makes about 3 million thoughts a second and a women is more sexual than a man, So I assume the urges for women are sexually higher than a man. Now science will say men are more violent, think of sex more.. this is were I don't agree. I think women are more violent and think of sex more but don't need/obey that urges.The breaker is they have stronger sexual mental thought process than a man to control themselves, conduct them selves better in these areas. This why we don't see a lot women killer in sex/ rape/ serial killer area. There are some ,Yes its true but not as many as men. You don't hear about sexual violence with women on men as much as vice versa. More men masturbate than women and do higher sexual crime than a woman.. also crime out right. the point to that sexual mental imbalances, in sexual fantasy and sexual reality.

Every mans mind is differ than the next also everyone desires are different and controlled differ. I feel women have better control. I don't think it off topic at all.. A lot men today don't have good sexual control like in the past.

I'm trying to explain the "my way". Rat mind was in a fantasy of desire. A weak mind such his as his would play that same desire from his private the video moments to bring out his "my way" then, when he killed a actual person he would display it there as well. I do agree with the restrict urges statement its very true.. At same time his self sexual wants lead to violent aggression. He practiced it. and played it out most likely.

Btw no offense to anyone.

Aeronomy- I dont think your question was ever answered a few pages back. RAT was in jail when Alicia Showalter Reynolds was abducted on RT 29.

We need to ask that the video from the armed forces recruiting station showing alexis car showing up in that parking lot be released.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor
Back