Possible Matches for Anna - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr. Doogie said:
I think that we may be getting down to DNA Test time. I know that C. has consented to submit a sample and this may be our best and quickest way to settle the question definitively. There is still the big question about the birth announcement, but so many other things are lining up that a DNA test seems to be the next logical step.

Any thoughts, fellow sleuthers?
I think that it is time. There is so much that matches Anna, we need to know if this is Anna. If it is not we need to know that as soon as possible too. I can't stand the thought of this dragging on and what that would be like for Annasmom. For her sake, I say the sooner the better.

Annasmom,
Is Detective Gilletti aware of our Anna look-alike?

Dr. Doogie said:
I think that we may be getting down to DNA Test time. I know that C. has consented to submit a sample and this may be our best and quickest way to settle the question definitively. There is still the big question about the birth announcement, but so many other things are lining up that a DNA test seems to be the next logical step.

I would like to put my vote in! How about asking SMPD what their thoughts are about a "quickie" dna with the Anna look-alike.

Annasmom, did you mention C. to the detective this evening or afternoon?

Annasmom- Thanks for the update. I am glad they are taking samples.

RobinH- Thank you for bringing in C. Whether or not she is Anna, you did the right thing. :)

Dr. Doogie said:

Yes! I echo what the others said. C seems willing, so I think it should be done as soon as possible.

Ok guys and gals, call me dumb, but I don't see any pics but the one of Anna (pg 4). Where are the look-alike's pics?

itsreenw said:
Ok guys and gals, call me dumb, but I don't see any pics but the one of Anna (pg 4). Where are the look-alike's pics?

itsreenw---page 4, post #77 by Dr. Doogie. There are two links.

everyday i come on the threads here their is always good news and bringing us closer to finding anna. how long would it take for the look alike to get her blood type? would it be faster than the dna samples that are going to take 3 months to complete?

hope everyone has a great holiday tommrow

itsreenw said:
Itsreenw,

Look at page #4 posts 83 & 90 again. Those are not just Anna's pics.

RobinH said:
Annasmom, yes, C does have a smallpox vacination on her upper left arm. No, blood tests are not required here to get married. Tonight when I spoke with her she called her Dr. to ask for her blood type. Dr. told her that she can get that information, but she must come to the office to request it. She wants me to ask if you know Anna's blood type. If you do, C will get her information for you.
Does C. have a pediatrician that she visited as a child? She may be able to get some records from their office. Earliest visit, childhood illnesses, etc.

Shadow205 said:
Doogie,

Christine is working on finding someone who might have old class pictures at classmates.com. There are quite a few students registered for that school. If that doesn't come up with anything then I think we will contact the school and see if the took class pictures there during the 70's.
I have had not one response...I even paid for a gold membership at classmates.com to email all the people of the school Shadow gave me.....all blut 3 have read my email, but not one has replied :(

I am still reading/catching up on the last few days....do you all need to me to call the school? Keep emailing? Or are you already beyond this step.

Praying for you Annasmom and bro and uncle and whoever else!

christine2448 said:
I have had not one response...I even paid for a gold membership at classmates.com to email all the people of the school Shadow gave me.....all blut 3 have read my email, but not one has replied :(

I am still reading/catching up on the last few days....do you all need to me to call the school? Keep emailing? Or are you already beyond this step.

Praying for you Annasmom and bro and uncle and whoever else!
I have contacted 2 schools and their archives. They do not have to keep student pictures in our state. There may be 2 more possibilities. The main person at the school in charge of the archives is on vacation and will not be back until next week. No one else there was willing to dig through the archives. I will call her when she is back from vacation. There is also a possibility that one more school in the area may have an elementary pic, but I will wait until after this weekend to contact them, they are about an hour away from me. Also, it has been brought to my attention that in our state, when a student moves to a new school, all pictures go with them (thinking of student ID), and in contacting her school of graduation, they destroy those pictures, so that is a dead end.

Shadow205 said:
I think that it is time. There is so much that matches Anna, we need to know if this is Anna. If it is not we need to know that as soon as possible too. I can't stand the thought of this dragging on and what that would be like for Annasmom. For her sake, I say the sooner the better.
I'm in agreement w/Shadow, the sooner the better, for EVERYONE involved.

I can't imagine what Annasmom, Doogie, EVERYONE, is feeling right now that is so close to this....prayers for truth and strength.

RobinH said:
I have contacted 2 schools and their archives. They do not have to keep student pictures in our state. There may be 2 more possibilities. The main person at the school in charge of the archives is on vacation and will not be back until next week. No one else there was willing to dig through the archives. I will call her when she is back from vacation. There is also a possibility that one more school in the area may have an elementary pic, but I will wait until after this weekend to contact them, they are about an hour away from me. Also, it has been brought to my attention that in our state, when a student moves to a new school, all pictures go with them (thinking of student ID), and in contacting her school of graduation, they destroy those pictures, so that is a dead end.
Hiya Robin! Thanks.

Maybe I need to try another approach?

Doogie?

I basically emailed stating I am working on a missing case, the child abducted may have been a classmate, would they be willing to share any class pictures.

Any idears?

Maybe another email, but w/more info? Links? Not sure what to do.

christine2448 said:
I'm in agreement w/Shadow, the sooner the better, for EVERYONE involved.

I can't imagine what Annasmom, Doogie, EVERYONE, is feeling right now that is so close to this....prayers for truth and strength.
A private DNA test would only be a couple of weeks after the samples are gathered and is relatively inexpensive. What I will need to research is if a "paternity" test will also work as a "maternity" test - in this case, between mother and daughter. Most tests are used to determine who the father is.

christine2448 said:
Hiya Robin! Thanks.

Maybe I need to try another approach?

Doogie?

I basically emailed stating I am working on a missing case, the child abducted may have been a classmate, would they be willing to share any class pictures.

Any idears?

Maybe another email, but w/more info? Links? Not sure what to do.
Christine, if we are talking about the same school, it has closed. That would be the earliest school that she attended, and the same one that would not go through their archives for me, and the main archive person is on vacation.

Dr. Doogie said:
A private DNA test would only be a couple of weeks after the samples are gathered and is relatively inexpensive. What I will need to research is if a "paternity" test will also work as a "maternity" test - in this case, between mother and daughter. Most tests are used to determine who the father is.
Doogie, do we know Anna's blood type from any of her early medical records? That could at least be a start. If the 2 have the same blood type, continue with the DNA, if they don't, then C is ruled out as being Anna.

RobinH said:
Doogie, do we know Anna's blood type from any of her early medical records?
I believe we do, but Annasmom can provide the definitive answer.

Dr. Doogie said:
Doogie,
I posted a link a while back for a lab that does the maternity testing. Let me find it again.

Here you go:

a Materinty DNA Test - only $245

http://www.genetree.com/relationship/maternity.php

Questions about maternity are a lot more common than people realize. If you were adopted, or or raised by a single father, you may one day meet someone claiming to be your biological mother

How can you know for sure? GeneTree's Maternity Test can give you answers that are more than 99% accurate. They can put the unsettling matters to rest so you can move on with your life. A simple swab of your cheek and your alleged mother's, and you'll know if this stranger is really family.
Designed to be the most easy, confidential and qualified method of determining maternity available, GeneTree's specimen collection kit was the first to be used in the convenience of your own home.

You collect the DNA when and where you want using GeneTree’s proprietary GeneSwab kit. Our laboratory processes your submitted sample. Results are easy to understand, showing a 0% to 99.9% probability of a woman being the alleged mother.
  • Accurate: 99.9% reliability
  • Low Cost: High quality services at a competitive price
  • Fast Results: in 3-9 days
  • Convenient: At-home cheek swab collection
  • Easy: Telephone Support (888) 404-GENE
  • FREE Overnight Delivery: Included with prepaid services
Procedure: Samples are obtained from the child and the alleged mother (the father's participation is optional, but strongly suggested). DNA collection is done in the convenience of your own home by rubbing a cheek cell swab (provided in with the kit) on the inside of the mouth. DNA can also be extracted from hair, tissue, or dried biological fluids such as blood or saliva. After the specimens are collected they are sent our laboratory for analysis. The results are available within 3-9 business days (express services are also available). The personal maternity tests are not designed to be strongly supported in a court of law.

3 Steps to Determining Maternity for Personal Purposes

1. Request the GeneSwab Specimen Collection Kit for DNA maternity testing (sent via First Class Mail).

2. Follow the easy instructions to collect cheek cell DNA specimens from the alleged mother and child with the swabs provided in the kit. Results obtained from specimens collected at home are not strongly supported in a court of law.

3. Send the specimens to be analyzed to GeneTree DNA Testing Center
Results (indicating either an inclusion or exclusion) are available in 3-10 business days, and will be provided by email, telephone, mail and/or facsimile.

</FONT>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members