Possible Matches for Anna - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RobinH said:
Doogie, do we know Anna's blood type from any of her early medical records? That could at least be a start. If the 2 have the same blood type, continue with the DNA, if they don't, then C is ruled out as being Anna.
I do not know Anna's blood type or her father's blood type. It might be possible to get it from the hospital where she was born, but meanwhile the Sheriff's office has already submitted DNA samples here, and getting information from the hospital might take more time than just waiting for official results. I am rather dim on the actual science, but because we can't get DNA from Anna's father (deceased, cremated), we have to use a procedure which is more complicated than a regular paternity/maternity test and which also involves testing Anna's brothers. (Mitochrondrial or extra-nuclear DNA, for those of you who understand this kind of thing.) I am a little reluctant to go for a private lab's DNA testing under the circumstances. I did write to Detective Gilletti this morning, sent him the information about C, and asked if he believed the case warranted official investigation. I will let you know what he says.

RobinH said:
Christine, if we are talking about the same school, it has closed. That would be the earliest school that she attended, and the same one that would not go through their archives for me, and the main archive person is on vacation.
I understand, what I am doing is actually contacted via email students that attended at the same time, asking them to share class pics with me....so far, nothing.

That lead me to asking, should maybe I re email and try a different approach? They may think I am a loon or pedifile or something????

christine2448 said:
I understand, what I am doing is actually contacted via email students that attended at the same time, asking them to share class pics with me....so far, nothing.

That lead me to asking, should maybe I re email and try a different approach? They may think I am a loon or pedifile or something????
If you are researching the school that I am thinking of, it was only an elementary........hard to tell if they went to the same elementary as C did isn't it? Also, the school has since closed and is no longer in operation. I have no idea where those kids went to middle school or high school when they left that elementary school. The turnaround in students there had to be tremendous with the location that it is in. I lived in that area for just a very short time, but drove my kids to a better location for school. I just don't know what to say......:confused:

Dr. Doogie said:
We discovered an woman by the name of Anna Waters living in Georgia who was the correct age on the Reunion.com website. The picture included in her profile resembled the age progression of our Anna.

After a couple of months of hunting down current contact information, we contact this Anna Waters, only to discover that she was from a long line of Waters who had lived in the town for generations. She definitely knew her parents and was not our Anna.
As a result of the MySpace sites, someone found this match again and forwarded it directly to the San Mateo County Sheriffs Department. I informed Detective Gilletti that we had contacted and eliminated this possible match about a year ago, but he wants to follow up on it any way. I appreciate his thoroughness - my only concern is that their time to invest in this case is finite and I want to make sure that we use that time wisely.

If anyone does come up with something that looks promising, please either forward to me directly or post it on this site. If it is new and looks promising, we can always forward it to the proper authorities. This lead did not come from the researchers here on WS which is why it bypassed the usual procedure - I just want to involve LE judiciously and not have them need to retrace what we have already discovered.

RobinH said:
If you are researching the school that I am thinking of, it was only an elementary........hard to tell if they went to the same elementary as C did isn't it? Also, the school has since closed and is no longer in operation. I have no idea where those kids went to middle school or high school when they left that elementary school. The turnaround in students there had to be tremendous with the location that it is in. I lived in that area for just a very short time, but drove my kids to a better location for school. I just don't know what to say......:confused:
I am sorry Robin, I am so confused.

I was under the assumption that we knew that C went to this elementary school? Maybe that is where the confusion begins for me and I am wrong?

christine2448 said:
I am sorry Robin, I am so confused.

I was under the assumption that we knew that C went to this elementary school? Maybe that is where the confusion begins for me and I am wrong?
Yes, she did go to that elementary school. I guess I am just saying that children from that school move around alot, and I am sure don't stay in touch with each other. The area that the elementary school was in is in a high crime area. Many children would have only gone to that school for a short time, and on to the next elementary school, as C did. She has given me the names of 3 schools that she believes she attended. I would be happy to give you the name of the school that she graduated from if you would like to try and get an older picture of her. It would save me a trip there possibly. Also, I think the school that we are checking is a dead end, they do not seem too want to check their archives for me. I do have the name of another school that she went to, and it is a very nice community, and very big on their children, a quaint little village that may possibly have photos, however, again she only went there for a short time, and may not have stayed long enough to have photos taken.. I'm sorry Christine, I was not aware until today that you were researching this, so I have been doing it from here. Let me know if you would like the names of the other 2 schools.

RobinH said:
Yes, she did go to that elementary school. I guess I am just saying that children from that school move around alot, and I am sure don't stay in touch with each other. The area that the elementary school was in is in a high crime area. Many children would have only gone to that school for a short time, and on to the next elementary school, as C did. She has given me the names of 3 schools that she believes she attended. I would be happy to give you the name of the school that she graduated from if you would like to try and get an older picture of her. It would save me a trip there possibly. Also, I think the school that we are checking is a dead end, they do not seem too want to check their archives for me. I do have the name of another school that she went to, and it is a very nice community, and very big on their children, a quaint little village that may possibly have photos, however, again she only went there for a short time, and may not have stayed long enough to have photos taken.. I'm sorry Christine, I was not aware until today that you were researching this, so I have been doing it from here. Let me know if you would like the names of the other 2 schools.
Please don't apologize! I was working behind the scenes and not posting my actions on the board, I am the one who should apologize, sorry 'bout that.

OK...I am emailing people who have posted that they have gone to this elementary school during the time we believe Anna would be there....these people are on that schools 'site' on classmates, so I know they were there at the same time...it's just getting them to share their class pics with me.

Thanks for helping, and I didn't mean to step on any toes, I am just trying to help in the small ways I am able :) The only thing I am doing is trying to use classmates to contact former people we know were attending the school during the year/times Anna may have been there....having you local is INVALUABLE...so, you tell me how to help LOL!

If you want me to continue the classmates route, PM me all the schools names, if you don't mind, I'll make sure I am on the right school, and also try contacting others at the other schools. ......

Would someone be so kind to write me a sample contact email....I posted earlier the one I'm sending isn't getting responses....any idears?

Dr. Doogie said:
Karen is a member of the Kukoda family who moved from back east to the San Francisco Bay area in the late 1990's. She is approximately the same age as Anna. There were some coincidental similarities in her activities/talents that matched up with Anna's siblings that made her a person of interest.

The detective with the San Mateo Sheriff's department who is handling Anna's case pulled up the DMV picture of Karen and compared it to the age-progression of Anna. It is the opinion of him and several other detectives who reviewed the photographs that Karen is not Anna.
Is the comparison of the pictures the only thing that ruled this possible match out?????

There has to be more, or I would not so quickly rule her out...JMHO.

Anyone ever do any research at people found and how close the age prog. was? I wonder what the stats are....I would not rely on that aged prog. picture to rule anyone out, it is a guess, in reality, the picture is based on what she COULD look like...again, JMO.

christine2448 said:
Would someone be so kind to write me a sample contact email....I posted earlier the one I'm sending isn't getting responses....any idears?
How about writing one using the name C and tell them that because of a fire, (which is true) that you lost your photos? I am sure that C won't mind if you pretend to be her, however I will be happy to ask her if that makes you more comfortable.

christine2448 said:
Is the comparison of the pictures the only thing that ruled this possible match out?????

There has to be more, or I would not so quickly rule her out...JMHO.

Anyone ever do any research at people found and how close the age prog. was? I wonder what the stats are....I would not rely on that aged prog. picture to rule anyone out, it is a guess, in reality, the picture is based on what she COULD look like...again, JMO.
It was primarily the picture, but I also sent her an email explaining why I was interested in her which she ignored. I figured between the two issues (the poic and the snub) that there was enough to have gained her interest if she had any questions about her birth. I have not completely ruled her out, but other more promising leads have moved to the fore-front. I would like to eventually see her in person for my own evaluation.

You can also search for schools on MySpace and Friendster, and it will bring up people who went to those schools. MySpace seems to cover mostly high school and K-12 (not straight elementary schools from what I could see), but Friendster has elementary schools as well as high schools. Has anyone tried these?

RobinH said:
How about writing one using the name C and tell them that because of a fire, (which is true) that you lost your photos? I am sure that C won't mind if you pretend to be her, however I will be happy to ask her if that makes you more comfortable.
LOL, of course, ask her......my name is Christine BTW :dance:

If she agrees, give me the last name she believes she used, I can change my profile temporarily if needed.

Gina_M said:
You can also search for schools on MySpace and Friendster, and it will bring up people who went to those schools. MySpace seems to cover mostly high school and K-12 (not straight elementary schools from what I could see), but Friendster has elementary schools as well as high schools. Has anyone tried these?
Great idea!

BTW any Myspacers, add me please ;)

http://www.myspace.com/do_u_recognize_me

Dr. Doogie said:
It was primarily the picture, but I also sent her an email explaining why I was interested in her which she ignored. I figured between the two issues (the poic and the snub) that there was enough to have gained her interest if she had any questions about her birth. I have not completely ruled her out, but other more promising leads have moved to the fore-front. I would like to eventually see her in person for my own evaluation.
Gotcha, thanks Doogie for clarifying, I had a feeling. Your awesome BTW!
thumbs-up.gif

Shadow205 said:
Doogie,

Christine is working on finding someone who might have old class pictures at classmates.com. There are quite a few students registered for that school. If that doesn't come up with anything then I think we will contact the school and see if the took class pictures there during the 70's.
Christine,

Just wanted to bring it to your attention that though you were working behind the scenes on trying to obtain a pic of young C, no one was kept in the dark about what you were doing. The above post made it perfectly clear.
Those of us who have been at WS's for awhile know that problem's can arise when people who are working on a case feel left out or feel that they are not updated on progress that is being made. There have also been problems with people duplicating work because they did not know that someone else was doing something. I just wanted to clarify that and to tell you that you have nothing to apologize for. We have all worked together great on this forum and as long as we continue to let each other know what each is doing we will continue to. By the way, thanks for buying the gold membership at classmates just so you could contact those students. :D

Shadow205 said:
We have all worked together great on this forum and as long as we continue to let each other know what each is doing we will continue to. By the way, thanks for buying the gold membership at classmates just so you could contact those students. :D

I just wanted to tell all of you that you are at the top of my list of things for which I am thankful today.
LoLoLo

Annasmom said:
I just wanted to tell all of you that you are at the top of my list of things for which I am thankful today.
LoLoLo
I'm sure others here at WS may feel this way also, but it's your gratefulness that drive us to continue the search for Anna! :blowkiss:

Shadow205 said:
Christine,

Just wanted to bring it to your attention that though you were working behind the scenes on trying to obtain a pic of young C, no one was kept in the dark about what you were doing. The above post made it perfectly clear.
Those of us who have been at WS's for awhile know that problem's can arise when people who are working on a case feel left out or feel that they are not updated on progress that is being made. There have also been problems with people duplicating work because they did not know that someone else was doing something. I just wanted to clarify that and to tell you that you have nothing to apologize for. We have all worked together great on this forum and as long as we continue to let each other know what each is doing we will continue to. By the way, thanks for buying the gold membership at classmates just so you could contact those students. :D
Thanks Shadow...I hadn't realized you told everyone what I was up too! I shoulda known that you knew I hadn't been on WS and would update...sometimes I forget, because when I'm not on WS you all email/call/PM me and that's how I get my 'assignments'...LOL!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member