Possible Matches for Anna - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gina_M said:
I just received a message on MySpace about this Anna; it had one of the above links in it. Did we ever rule this one out? To me, it doesn't seem likely that she is our Anna, but of course it's good to be thorough.

ETA: Basically someone on MySpace is asking me if I think this is Anna because she thinks there is a resemblance.
Gina, we saw pictures of this Anna and I couldn't really see any likeness. I think we more or less decided that we needed to have something supporting a physical resemblance such as the person being an adoptee, etc., in order to go forward with it. This woman does have the same name, and you are right; it's good to be thorough. Can she be contacted through MySpace?

I keep checking on here for updates. It is amazing how fast things are moving! You all are amazing and you all are doing such a great job!

I was just informed by Annasmom that the unidentified girl located in Caledonia, NY has been ruled out as a match for Anna. We can scratch that possibility off the list.

I was looking at this UID as a potential match for another missing girl. Do you know if the Caledonia UID has her DNA submitted into CODIS. I've written and called the NY LE and am waiting on a return call. If you don't mind me asking do you recall how this girl and Anna where ruled out? Thanks.

http://doenetwork.org/cases/13uffl.html
http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

I sometimes wonder how many abducted children runaway years after the abduction and are never reported missing because they where abducted to begin with. I feel many UID considered runaways are missing children trying to get home and fall into the wrong hands. The above was somebodies daughter and has never been mentioned on this forum. Apparently her DNA hasn't been entered into CODIS. (from what I've been told). Have you checked on this girl?

I have found 4 possible matches for Anna (same eye & hair color/approx DOB) that do not have DNA entered into CODIS. I have contacted all proper agencies. Will post what I find.

I was looking at this UID as a potential match for another missing girl. Do you know if the Caledonia UID has her DNA submitted into CODIS. I've written and called the NY LE and am waiting on a return call. If you don't mind me asking do you recall how this girl and Anna where ruled out? Thanks.
My memory of this is that the girl was the wrong age and that she was not Caucasian. There should be quite a lot about this case on line.

Hello,

I've been reading up about this case over the last several weeks and have been doing some looking on my own. Recently, I searched the reunion website, and came up with this person looking for their birth mother. They are based in Australia, and although the birth date is wrong, it's listed as March 26, 1967, it does say that their birth name was Waters.

Not many other details are given, and it appears that someone other than the adoptee has listed this.

Here's the link:

http://registry.adoption.com/records/493335.html

The record was recently added on April 27, 2007. They do list a contact on this website. I'm not registered, but thought that maybe someone here who is can contact this person?

Hi Elizabeth,

Thanks for posting the link and your interest. Hopefully our resident adoption/adoptee guru Sherlockjr can take a look at this.

Just wanted to say hi and welcome to WS.

Hi Elizabeth. Welcome to WS. I have sent an e-mail to this person and will report back when I hear back from her. Let us know if you find any other messages posted anywhere.

The person I e-mailed has responded by saying her search was for a sister who was adopted. She has already found her sister.

I figured as much, but thought it was worth a try anyway. It's best to try all of those avenues.

Has anyone seen this posting in cousindirect:

http://www.cousinconnect.com/d/a/106208

Also, a long shot, but I thought the name was interesting, Effie (I know not exactly the same, but the Italy connection was also intriguing). I sent this woman a quick email with a link to Anna's website. I'll report back what she says, if anything.

I figured as much, but thought it was worth a try anyway. It's best to try all of those avenues.

Has anyone seen this posting in cousindirect:

http://www.cousinconnect.com/d/a/106208

Also, a long shot, but I thought the name was interesting, Effie (I know not exactly the same, but the Italy connection was also intriguing). I sent this woman a quick email with a link to Anna's website. I'll report back what she says, if anything.
The post was especially interesting in view of GW's notes in the BFH regarding passports, the Italian consulate, etc. I was not able to view the photo. If anyone else can get it, would you post it? Certainly if anyone wanted a child to be completely cut off from her origins, putting her where people didn't speak English would do it. The San Mateo County detective in charge of Anna's case yesterday acknowledged my request that he ask for passport information on official letterhead, Cubby's suggestion. He has been on another assignment for several weeks, but hopes to get back to us as soon as he can. Thank you for the Cousins lead, Elizabeth.

The pic isn't coming up for me either... perhaps she took it down?

Ever since I read about this case, it hooked me. I want to find her too.

Anyway, I did find the pic. I looked up the url in the wayback machine. I don't think I should post it directly, since it's personal, and perhaps she took it down.

You can view it here:

http://web.archive.org/web/20070207091412/http://www.cousinconnect.com/d/a/106208

Download the pic and then view it (it's larger that way).

Looks promising to me, but she does have sunglasses on.

Maybe one of you guys could contact her as well. I don't think my email was as professional as it could have been. Sorry about jumping the gun there. Next time, I'll just post the link for you.

Maybe one of you guys could contact her as well. I don't think my email was as professional as it could have been. Sorry about jumping the gun there. Next time, I'll just post the link for you.

A request is made that no one else make contact with this person. Annasmom has already sent her an e-mail. It is my understanding from the Australian Anna Waters that she got flooded with e-mails from different people inquiring is she was our Anna. She was not a happy camper.

Might I just suggest that when folks here have suffiently narrowed down a "potential subject," they bring that info here, let others assess it as well, and, if it warrants a direct contact, let someone like Sherlock do that - to avoid bombarding these people with nosey e-mails. Communication with these folks needs to be professional, sensitive and factual. What if someone actually finds Anna but an inappropriate communication with her scares her off?

And, to CMA, I don't think for a minute that anyone here is intentionally sending ugly or nasty e-mails. It's just that sometimes wording is everything!!

Quoted from an earlier posting:
"Has anyone else ever thought that Anna might have run away from her abductors when reaching her teen years? Would they have reported her missing with a new name? I've started to look at runaway teenagers in the early 80's and there are just too many of them. One of them I keep going back to look at is Mary Ann Hogland (Hoagland) 12 yrs old with an alias of McCluskey. I can't imagine 12yr olds having aliases. Could that be the last name of a boyfriend? Looking at her picture, I can't help but notice the difference in hair texture. As a young child, straight fine hair, at age 12 curly frizzy hair. http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/1247dfca.html"

I received an e-mail from a woman who is a friend of Mary Ann's sister. She offered sincere apologies to Anna's family for the pain they have suffered losing Anna. She also confirmed that Mary Ann is not Anna.

Might I just suggest that when folks here have suffiently narrowed down a "potential subject," they bring that info here, let others assess it as well, and, if it warrants a direct contact, let someone like Sherlock do that - to avoid bombarding these people with nosey e-mails. Communication with these folks needs to be professional, sensitive and factual. What if someone actually finds Anna but an inappropriate communication with her scares her off?

And, to CMA, I don't think for a minute that anyone here is intentionally sending ugly or nasty e-mails. It's just that sometimes wording is everything!!

My thoughts are it may be a non registered "guest". Anyone can read this, and it might be best to share certain links via pm only. Not to be kept a secret, but to keep something from happening again like losing the cooperation with the Kukoda family member. Sadly it only takes a few thoughtless comments or emails........

I think I know what happened here...about a month ago, I sent this to Dr. Doogie to look into, and he mentioned that someone besides myself had also sent this info to him...although I did not contact this person, it is possible that many of have unknowingly contacted them...oops...Dr. Doogie, did you ever contact them back then also?

A request is made that no one else make contact with this person. Annasmom has already sent her an e-mail. It is my understanding from the Australian Anna Waters that she got flooded with e-mails from different people inquiring is she was our Anna. She was not a happy camper.

I can imagine that getting flooded with requests could be annoying, but in some respects, it's better than getting no response.

But I agree that maybe only one person should make contact. I honestly thought this was such a long shot that I'd help to eliminate for you, so you could focus on your more solid leads. But maybe it's not such a long shot, in retrospect. Hopefully, this woman will get back to someone then.

I think I know what happened here...about a month ago, I sent this to Dr. Doogie to look into, and he mentioned that someone besides myself had also sent this info to him...although I did not contact this person, it is possible that many of have unknowingly contacted them...oops...Dr. Doogie, did you ever contact them back then also?

I do not think so, but the old memory chip is not what it used to be.

I think the above posts demonstrate why it is best to use a co-ordinated effort when contacting the folks (either potential Anna's or people who may have helpful information). People with the best intentions may inadvertently harm our efforts. All efforts to contact anyone relevant to the case should probably be run through me first to allow us to control the amount and nature of that communication. Thanks for your understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member