Possible matches for UID Longview, TX woman

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I still cant get this straight , but wouldnt she be an automatic ruleout since they are both in NAMUS?

I think it depends on the type of DNA. They both have to have the same type for it to be an automatic rule out.

That overlay is interesting. It looks like PSH had had a broken nose at some point. One could speculate that she had it fixed and ended up as FLEK. I don't think she is tall enough to be FLEK, but eye color is the same.
Hmmm.....

That overlay is interesting. It looks like PSH had had a broken nose at some point. One could speculate that she had it fixed and ended up as FLEK. I don't think she is tall enough to be FLEK, but eye color is the same.
Hmmm.....

Regarding the height of PSH -- she was only 15 when she disappeared, so it's possible she could have grown beyond the 5'7" listed on her description.

I disagree. When comparing her Idaho ID to her passport, I see a remarkable difference.

Could you clarify which post you are referring to re: your disagreement? Tia :)

I think "coxtolstoy" is referring to the remarkable difference in height between the Idaho ID (5'7") and the passport application (5'11") after just 2 years. On her Texas Drivers License which is more recent, she appears as 5'10.
In my opinion, FLEK purposely altered her height when applying for those documents.
I believe her real height was somewhere between 5'8" and 5'9". I am 5'8" and I'm used to wearing a regular heel all the time so most people I meet consider me to be 5'10. They have never seen me in flats so when I am asked about my height they always assume I am taller than what I actually am and are surprised to learn the truth.

A websleuths member pointed me in this direction. my sister Judy (NAMUS 5081) was last seen 11-30-1980, he was 5-11, blue eyes with yellowish brown corona, is there a sketch of the UID somewhere ?

doesn't look anything like Judy. Not in the eyes, chin, cheeks, or teeth. Thanks for posting the link so quickly! I appreciate it!!

Maureen, does your sister have a thread here?

doesn't look anything like Judy. Not in the eyes, chin, cheeks, or teeth. Thanks for posting the link so quickly! I appreciate it!!

I didn't think so either Maureen... Have you heard anything back about that UID in NYC?

I think "coxtolstoy" is referring to the remarkable difference in height between the Idaho ID (5'7") and the passport application (5'11") after just 2 years. On her Texas Drivers License which is more recent, she appears as 5'10.
In my opinion, FLEK purposely altered her height when applying for those documents.
I believe her real height was somewhere between 5'8" and 5'9". I am 5'8" and I'm used to wearing a regular heel all the time so most people I meet consider me to be 5'10. They have never seen me in flats so when I am asked about my height they always assume I am taller than what I actually am and are surprised to learn the truth.

Just to add a verification of the above, in the comment section of the Seattle Times Article it is stated that on the Medical Records FLEK was actually listed as 5'8"!

http://live.seattletimes.com/Event/Live_chat_with_investigator_reporter_about_Jane_Doe_case/80062615

I think FLEK was tall but it's hard to say her exact height with all the conflicting info on her driver's licenses. I would assume the measurement done by the medical examiner is most accurate, altho I heard somewhere that we can draw up slightly after death, but I don't think this would amount to several inches of difference. People think I'm 5'9" or so, and I'm only 5'5" or so but wear heels almost all the time. Plus when you work around shorter people or have shorter family members they tend to overestimate height. People might have believed FLEKs stated height, especially if her husband's family and their friends were of shorter stature than her.

I think FLEK was tall but it's hard to say her exact height with all the conflicting info on her driver's licenses. I would assume the measurement done by the medical examiner is most accurate, altho I heard somewhere that we can draw up slightly after death, but I don't think this would amount to several inches of difference. People think I'm 5'9" or so, and I'm only 5'5" or so but wear heels almost all the time. Plus when you work around shorter people or have shorter family members they tend to overestimate height. People might have believed FLEKs stated height, especially if her husband's family and their friends were of shorter stature than her.

It says her "medical records" list her as a little over 5'8. I don't think it was a postmortem measurement. I would trust medical records over self-reported information on a DL. Regardless, the group pictures suggest she was taller than the average woman even without her heels (you can see her heels in the picture).

You're right, Sherwood Park, I misread that post and thought it was the medical examiner. A medical measurement done at the doctor's office is best because they make you take your shoes off first to get an accurate height. She definitely looks tall in the pictures and I would consider 5'8" above average height. In clothing sizes you would probably have to buy pants in "tall" or "long" at that height. So probably we should stick with the 5'8" because it would be hard to fudge that if a nurse was actually measuring you. You might be able to slump a little but you couldn't make yourself taller.

It would be interesting to compare her daughter's pictures to her pics and photos of missing for possible comparison to missing children. Or to do an age regression. I honestly believe her identity is no longer a mystery to the family though (if it even ever was)

I see many people asking about age regression pics but I don't think I've ever really seen one. Is that something that is routinely done?

I honestly think that is the best looking facial comparison I've seen yet...people lose weight it's not as hard as some people think... Tattoos can be removed also.. Hmm

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back