Possible NEW Suspects In JonBenet Ramsey Case?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The fact remains, there is much more evidence that points to Ramsey's guilt than to an intruder. In fact, there has never been any evidence of an intruder.

Vlpate, this is simply false. Evidence of an intruder includes: open basement window, glass on suitcase, leaves and packing peanuts inside, kitchen door open, no duct tape roll found. None of this is conclusive evidence, but it is evidence indicating an intruder. Not to mention, the unidentified DNA.

Here's an interesting article on DNA. Based on the under-handed way this case was handled by the powers that be in boulder, and Lin Wood and his crack team of investigators, I wouldn't find it hard to believe the DNA was falsely presented as viable.

You're accusing a lot of people of a crime right there. You have any proof?

I don't know why IDI's think the DNA is so important when there is a ransom note that was written and left by the killer.

Because nobody can prove who wrote the note and because the DNA could help find the killer. That is everyone's goal, isn't it? Is it good investigative practice to ignore evidence?

Patsy's pad, Patsy's pen, Patsy's handwriting, Patsy's fingerprints (even though she said she never touched the note..

That's not true. She said she may have touched it, she doesn't remember. If JR's prints aren't on the note, then likely she did touch it. It was moved from the steps when police arrived. Someone touched it.

Bonus: Patsy's paintbrush used as a garrote and as an object to molest JonBenet

So, to try to to cover up the murder, she used all these things that are tied to her? Not computing.

Patsy's sweater fibers were found on the duct tape and fibers from John's shirt in her underwear - seems not to be proof they were involved, so no, the DNA is meaningless. If the DNA ends up belonging to a factory worker in China, does that mean that factory worker killed her?

Unless the factory worker worked at the underwear and longjohn factory and had DNA that could withstand laundering, I doubt there would be a match.

I am not even going to get into detail.

You never do.

This is exactly why I will never consider your leader SD as leader of the RDI's.

Roy, what are you doing? Why are you dragging me into this?

I don't know what all this talk about me being some kind of "leader" is all about. You're not the first, but I'm still puzzled.

But, if you want it, you got it.

If you knew better you would know several things that were common sense.

This should be good.

First of all, NO ONE with clout as an expert in this field would ever say this is a match. The experts in this field would never do so. All they do is eliminate suspects, not match them. In this case some similarities were found with Patsy's writing. nothing more nothing less. Many examiners excluded her and could not exclude her.

It was a lot more than SOME, pilgrim. And NO examiner excluded her, not even the two her husband hired.

For anyone to say that the handwriting is a match is a f'ing moron.

Well, that's very interesting, because as far as I go, anyone who says there's no resemblance is an f'ing moron.

And if I have seen the note and Patsy's writings.

Could have fooled me!

If I believe it were the same I would be RDI with an accompliss on the DNA.

Which is exactly why you can't believe it, pilgrim: you won't ALLOW yourself to believe it. And I ought to know. Been there, done that, moved on!

The ransom note is the one "clue" to something personal left by the killer or the person aiding the killer, and the Ramsey's have never been big on finding out who wrote it - they've only tried to eliminate themselves.

As usual, vlpate, you've hit a grand slam.

Lin Wood said his experts eliminated Patsy, but never presented documents to back those claims up.

There's a VERY interesting story behind that, vlpate! Lin Wood was challenged in court to provide the expert reports to prove they said what he claimed they said. But when he tried, Hal Haddon would not give them to him, citing Grand Jury secrecy laws. After the GJ secrecy law was struck down, Wood tried again, but Haddon STILL refused to give them up. To this very day, they have not released the reports. Why not? What are they hiding? They release anything else they think will help them!

I, on the other hand, am awaiting with baited breath when Cina Wong releases her complete deposition.

Lin Wood earned big money protecting his clients, BIG money to the point these two millionaires were going broke at one time.

That money won't help him when his time comes, if you take my meaning.

Exactly, so to say they "believe" it was Patsy, is as good as saying it was Patsy.

In a field that is not scientific, "believe" is as good as it gets!

As far as eliminating her, no expert on record, ever has.

Damn skippy!

To state that "some" similarities were found makes me think you read forums only and not evidence

I've OFTEN thought that about him!

Color me an f'ing moron :chicken:

(An SD tribute to the Three Stooges): Yes, but we're organized! Amalgamated Association of Morons! Local 6-7/8! We are morons tried and true! And we'll do our yell for you!

Vlpate, this is simply false. Evidence of an intruder includes: open basement window, glass on suitcase, leaves and packing peanuts inside, kitchen door open, no duct tape roll found. None of this is conclusive evidence, but it is evidence indicating an intruder. Not to mention, the unidentified DNA.

John said he saw an open basement window and he closed it. John said he broke the window earlier in the year..if true, that would explain the leaves and the glass on the floor. The glass on the suitcase was picked up off the floor and put there (if I remember correctly), and the suitcase was moved by Fleet White. Not sure what the packing peanuts have to do with an intruder...did he come in a box?

The suitcase would not be of any use to someone leaving through the basement window unless said intruder was a stealth contortionist.

The DNA is not proof of an intruder - it's touch DNA - and if they touched her underwear and her long johns, they probably touched a whole lot of stuff, will you give me that? They would certainly have touched the tape, the rope, the door, the pineapple bowl, the window, the suitcase, the flashlight, the pen, the paper, SOMETHING else. Also, touch DNA is skin cells and you don't just shed a couple in select places....you shed about between 30,000 and 40,000 of them every hour. Protocol dictates a swab is done to anything the perp may have touched during the process of the crime - in the Ramsey case, only her long johns and underwear were tested. Why? They have a boat load of evidence taken from the house - why not test all they can? Or, did they? Maybe they did and the only place they found the cells was on her long johns and underwear....where skin cells could easily have transferred - underwear out of a fresh bag first, and then the long johns.

Then there's the problem of ZERO fingerprints pointing to an intruder. To obtain touch DNA from your intruder, there would have been no gloves - again, what's up with that?

Because nobody can prove who wrote the note and because the DNA could help find the killer. That is everyone's goal, isn't it?

I used to think it was. Now I don't know.

Is it good investigative practice to ignore evidence?

No, it isn't. Which is why I have such a big problem with the "investigators" who were pro-Ramsey!

So, to try to to cover up the murder, she used all these things that are tied to her? Not computing.

What do you mean, "not computing?" What else WAS there to use? It's not like she could go shopping at 1:00 AM on Christmas night! She used what was there.

Unless the factory worker worked at the underwear and longjohn factory and had DNA that could withstand laundering, I doubt there would be a match.

Well, that's just it, Smelly Squirrel: most likely the underwear found on JB's body never went through a washing and had never been out of the package until then.

As usual, vlpate, you've hit a grand slam.

There's a VERY interesting story behind that, vlpate! Lin Wood was challenged in court to provide the expert reports to prove they said what he claimed they said. But when he tried, Hal Haddon would not give them to him, citing Grand Jury secrecy laws. After the GJ secrecy law was struck down, Wood tried again, but Haddon STILL refused to give them up. To this very day, they have not released the reports. Why not? What are they hiding? They release anything else they think will help them!

I, on the other hand, am awaiting with baited breath when Cina Wong releases her complete deposition.

That money won't help him when his time comes, if you take my meaning.

In a field that is not scientific, "believe" is as good as it gets!

Damn skippy!

I've OFTEN thought that about him!

(An SD tribute to the Three Stooges): Yes, but we're organized! Amalgamated Association of Morons! Local 6-7/8! We are morons tried and true! And we'll do our yell for you!
hahaha, right!

Yeah, Lin Wood will live longer in hell than he will enjoying his money. He saw his dad get away with killing his mother and probably the attorney's bill, and said, hell to the yeah! I don't know if Jose Baez ever tested my gag reflex nearly as much as Wood did....maybe with more exposure to him.

When will Cina Wong release the depo?

See ya leader :crazy:

You're accusing a lot of people of a crime right there. You have any proof?
Do you have any proof they didn't? The article is proof that it happens, I can opine from there.

Because nobody can prove who wrote the note and because the DNA could help find the killer. That is everyone's goal, isn't it? Is it good investigative practice to ignore evidence?
You tell me.

That's not true. She said she may have touched it, she doesn't remember. If JR's prints aren't on the note, then likely she did touch it. It was moved from the steps when police arrived. Someone touched it.
BEM: That is not true, it was moved from the floor TO the steps after the police arrived. As for who touched the note, Patsy said she didn't touch it early on...then changed her story to "may" have. They "may have" was their pat answer to everything. Or, "I don't recall".
During his police interview, four months after the murder, John said he picked up the note and spread it on the floor, book-like, to read it. Patsy clearly said John moved the note to the hallway floor to more easily read it - not sure what's easy about a 50 something year old man crouched over a note on the floor when he could have just picked it up. Patsy was still not clear on whether she touched the note during this interview. She was sure she did the Miss West Virginia two-step over it though to skip the step it was on and read it. Of course we know the photograph of where the note was found is not a true representation since it had been moved from the stairs, to the floor, and back to the stairs again. At least this is what the Ramsey's claim - I have my doubts it was ever on the stairs.

Let me try and help...it was midnight and Walmart was closed. Piggly Wiggly may have been open, but they don't carry kidnapper/pedophile/kinky BDSM/stealth intruder kits. She had to make do with what she had.

The underwear were fresh out of a package...the underwear were put on first, and then the long johns....therefore transferring the skin cells.

John said he saw an open basement window and he closed it. John said he broke the window earlier in the year..if true, that would explain the leaves and the glass on the floor. The glass on the suitcase was picked up off the floor and put there (if I remember correctly), and the suitcase was moved by Fleet White. Not sure what the packing peanuts have to do with an intruder...did he come in a box?

The suitcase would not be of any use to someone leaving through the basement window unless said intruder was a stealth contortionist.

The DNA is not proof of an intruder - it's touch DNA - and if they touched her underwear and her long johns, they probably touched a whole lot of stuff, will you give me that? They would certainly have touched the tape, the rope, the door, the pineapple bowl, the window, the suitcase, the flashlight, the pen, the paper, SOMETHING else. Also, touch DNA is skin cells and you don't just shed a couple in select places....you shed about between 30,000 and 40,000 of them every hour. Protocol dictates a swab is done to anything the perp may have touched during the process of the crime - in the Ramsey case, only her long johns and underwear were tested. Why? They have a boat load of evidence taken from the house - why not test all they can? Or, did they? Maybe they did and the only place they found the cells was on her long johns and underwear....where skin cells could easily have transferred - underwear out of a fresh bag first, and then the long johns.

Then there's the problem of ZERO fingerprints pointing to an intruder. To obtain touch DNA from your intruder, there would have been no gloves - again, what's up with that?
Correction, the glass was put on the window seal by FW.

Yes SS.
MK infers that 'evidence' need not be sensical.
Creative license, opens up a myriad of possibilities.

JR Police Interview 1998 notes:
[ame="http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9946"]John Ramsey BDA interview - June 23, 1998 - Forums For Justice[/ame]

25 MIKE KANE: Okay. Did you ever
1 hear of the book "Day After Tomorrow"?
2 JOHN RAMSEY: Doesn't ring a
3 bell.

Review of Day After Tomorrow:
http://www.jandysbooks.com/genfic/dayaftom.html
"Clues are thrown out, but so are many misdirections."

vlpate,
What a post. I emailed this to Borat and he said NICE!

This is no different than most fiber evidence. With DNA you can get a match, not fiber evidence. Was it you that said no evidence was found of an intruder? I think so.

Two questions.

1. Is DNA evidence in three to five places including the childs underwear evidence of an intruder?

2. Whose fault is it that a cleaning crew came in and cleaned up? And whose fault is it that the Ramsey's found their own child in their house?

Two answers:

1) The evidence referring to DNA, was incomplete and covered by JonBenets blood. This will not allow a sample to be determined to be an unmixed sample. Also, why is there NO information on the DNA that should be there? Where is Patsys DNA? Where is Johns DNA? Chances are good that any DNA found on the long johns or undies are a mixed sample. Johns sweater fibers were on the inside of the undies, so he had to have touched them at some point. What if he touched them, where a factory worker also touched them? Or what if they really were in JonBenets drawer at some point? Someone had to have taken them out of the package and put them in her drawer. Again, potential for contamination or a mixed sample. It would behoove you to re examine Cynics wonderful DNA posts.

2) Who's fault is it? Parents, who called all of the people in that morning, despite a command in a 'ransom note' that demanded that no one be called or notified. Don't even talk to a stray dog, or some such. So place blame where it lies. It is also a huge mistake that BPD made by not clearing out the house completely. Happened to work out great for the R's though.

Funny, or maybe not so funny, but I would be afraid to call police, let alone a houseful of guests. I would want my baby back alive. Also, which set of friends was blatantly absent and why?

Funny, but my belief never changes that an R was responsible for JonBenets murder and that both parents saw fit to cover up the crime. I do however teeter back and forth as to who is guilty. I really believe that Patsy helped cover up the crime. Out of love, devotion, selfishness, fear? I have no idea why as that is not something I could have done. Her 'looking to John' prior to answering questions, her anger at the media, vs anger at her daughters killer. It is sick, no matter how you slice it. Keep your babies close to you, but send your only living child away, after your daughter has been kidnapped. One strange cookie. Controlled by whom?

hahaha, right!

Yeah, Lin Wood will live longer in hell than he will enjoying his money. He saw his dad get away with killing his mother and probably the attorney's bill, and said, hell to the yeah! I don't know if Jose Baez ever tested my gag reflex nearly as much as Wood did....maybe with more exposure to him.

Shakespeare had the right idea, far as I go.

When will Cina Wong release the depo?

That's up to her.

See ya leader :crazy:

As we dragons always say, when you're hot, you're hot!

I'm sure someone has already noticed this but I just saw it. The picture drawn by the psychic and the picutre of John Karr are very similar. How odes the drawning compare to the picture of the guy who took Smart?

I just looked and yes Mitchell does look like the psychics sketch

I did note that Mitchell looks somewhat like the sketch distributed by the Ramsey family with the aid of a psychic. But I personally don't put much value, if any, on the sketch. More interesting to me are the possible similarities between the attacker of JonBenet's dance scool classmate "Amy" and Mitchell, though hair color is a key difference.

Doug Oswell = "Having found a convenient means of entry he might have spent considerable time alone in the dwelling prior to that date, even on the 25th itself while the Ramseys were away. He might even have been lurking in the house when they arrived home!"

AK = Apparently that is what investigators think probably happened in the 9/14/97 attempted abduction of "Amy", JonBenet's dance school classmate.

http://www.acandyrose.com/s-september97-intruder.htm

2000-04-04: Webbsleuths Forum (http://www.webbsleuths.org)
"More on 1997 Boulder intruder"

Posted by MaskedMan on Apr-04-00 at 03:43 PM (EST)

I obtained the Boulder Police report on the intruder who sexually assaulted a girl in her bedroom in the middle of the night while her mother was asleep in the next room. To preserve their privacy, I won't use their names.

On Sept. 13-14, 1997, an intruder got into a Boulder home occupied by a mother and daugher. The father was out of town when the crime occurred. The girl was 14 years old. There was no sign of a forcible break-in. It's unclear how the intruder got in, but he may have entered through a back door that was unlocked before the mother went to bed that night.

The intruder apparently snuck in and hid in the house for several hours, waiting until 3:00 a.m. before going to the girl's bedroom. He wore black clothing, knew the girl's name and knew his way around the house in the dark. The house had motion detectors and an alarm system which were set at 11:00 p.m., but he didn't set off the alarm.

AK = The Ramsey attacker, who may or may not be Amy's attacker, could have done the same thing while the Ramsey's were at the Christmas Party. Giving him/her plenty of time to write the ransom note, even time to look at Patsy's writing.

DESCRIPTION OF AMY'S ATTACKER

First, she thought she saw blonde hair from underneath a backwards cap. The blonde hair would rule out BDM, unless he dyed it or was wearing a wig.

Other aspects match him. A black "ninja" out fit sounds similar to clothes he wore.

"The victim 'did not recognize the voice of the suspect.' She said the suspect had a "deep voice....his jaw line stood out," his throat was real "thin," and the suspect's face was "very angular."

The mother described the assailant as about 5 feet 7 inches tall, 20 to 30 years old, with blond hair.

She noted that he had an angular, thin face, with a jaw line that "really stood out."

AK - A sketch was done with input by psychic Dorothy Allison. I don't know if other sources were used, but the Ramsey family put out the sketch as a "man who may have been in the Boulder area in December 1996." There were numerous burglaries in the usually low crime area. Also, about a dozen different internet posters noted the sketch had many similarities to the descriptions of the attacker in the Amy case - thin, angular face, strong jaw, pointed chin.

I don't believe in psychics, but this Dorothy Allison said the killer in another case was named "brown" but not spelled like the color. His name was "Browne". I do think some people may have intuitive gifts we don't fully understand. This one of the few cases of a psychic proving useful, I have read hundreds were they were not. But even if we dismiss her, the Ramsey family investigators may have used other sources for the sketch, and coincidence or not, it appears to be similar to Amy's attacker, and Boulder Police never bothered to do a sketch, so its all we have.

http://www.acandyrose.com/s-sketchman.htm

August 6, 1995: Colorado Springs Gazette - Tracking Heather's KILLER:

In 1992, Dorothy Allison, a noted New Jersey psychic who has worked with police across the country, called the Friends of Heather Dawn Church Foundation."

`I can tell you the killer's name right now,' "Allison remembered saying. " `His name is Brown.'"But not like the color brown; not spelled that way.

No one is quite sure how the tip was pursued. The name was probably compared with those of everyone connected with the case, Smit said. Then it was forgotten.

"No one got religion. But in November, El Paso County got a new sheriff, John Anderson, a former Colorado Springs police sergeant. Anderson soon hired an old partner, Lou Smit, as head of investigations. Smit, who has a knack for solving old homicide cases, made Heather a top priority again.

Shortly after starting work last January, Smit reviewed Heather's file, a process he calls "messing with a case." He asked his investigators to come up with something new, something that hadn't been tried.

Tom Carney, a crime laboratory technician, immediately thought of the prints. "We knew those fingerprints had to be from the suspect," he said.

A better approach, he figured, would be an exhaustive mailing of quality photos of the prints to every police agency with an Automated Fingerprint Identification System. Like the FBI's system, AFIS compares fingerprint images electronically. AFIS computers aren't interconnected, but each one may contain prints that aren't in the hands of the FBI.

So Carney made 100 sets of photos of the three fingerprints and began sending them to 92 agencies with AFIS. Carney remembered thinking, "If this doesn't work, that's it.

On March 24, someone from the Louisiana prison system called to report a match between the prints from the Church home and prints in its data base. The prints belonged to Robert Charles Browne. He had spent time in Louisiana prisons for various crimes, including auto theft, in the early and mid-1980s. He moved to Colorado in 1987 and, after living at several addresses, settled into a home just down the road from the Church residence.

"Considering all the publicity, detectives figured they'd hear from psychics. Some detectives scoff at psychics; others are skeptical but willing to listen.

"I'm not going to disregard them," said Capt. Lou Smit, now head of investigations for the Sheriff's Office. "Sometimes, psychics come up with things you can't explain. And sometimes they come up with things almost too hard to believe."

April 27, 1998: Dorothy Allison descibed JonBenet's killer on the Leeza Gibbon's Show:

"He's probably 5'7" to 5'9". He's got thin, brown hair that he wears over to the side, perhaps a little bit balding underneath. He has a very wide cranium on top and a real small chin, very thin lips and a pointed nose, very light eyes -- kind of Germanic descent, and a very slender build throughout the body, a little bit wide through the hips, high pitched voice and soft spoken."

Amy's attacker described as: "She noted that he had an angular, thin face, with a jaw line that 'really stood out.' "

brian_10.jpg
sketch10.jpg
brian_11.jpg

sketch11.jpg
brian_14.jpg

http://dallasnews.com/national/129104_ramsey_01nat.html
08/01/2000

Police chief doubts same person killed Ramsey, attacked teen girl
By Charlie Brennan / Special Contributor to The Dallas Morning News

BOULDER, Colo. – Nine months after the slaying of JonBenet Ramsey, a girl who attended the same dance studio as the young beauty queen and lived just two miles away was assaulted in her bed by an intruder while her mother slept nearby.

That crime, detailed in Boulder police reports, has common threads with the Ramseys' theory that their 6-year-old daughter was attacked by someone who hid in their home on Christmas night 1996.

Key players in the Ramsey drama – including the prosecutors who led a fruitless grand jury probe into JonBenet's slaying – learned of the September 1997 incident only last week.

Police Chief Mark Beckner said he doesn't see strong similarities between the cases, primarily because JonBenet was killed while the other girl, a 14-year-old, escaped serious injury. But last week, he ordered comparisons of partial palm prints found at both scenes.

Chief Beckner said the prints appear to be from different parts of the hand, but he assigned a detective to re-examine that issue "to see if there is something there that we missed." He said he did not know when the results would be available.

The Ramseys, who plan to meet with Boulder police late this month, were told about the second case on Monday. Police said they consider the couple suspects in their daughter's slaying. The Ramseys maintain that they are innocent.

"The fact than an assault was made in a home of a young girl in Boulder within nine months of JonBenet's assault is hugely significant," Mr. Ramsey said. "Fortunately, there are not that many creatures like this out there, so this is very significant."

He said he was eager to learn more details about the other assault.

The Ramseys' attorney, Lin Wood, and investigators who reviewed the police reports last week, said the assault on the 14-year-old and the Ramseys' version of JonBenet's final night have similar elements.

Mr. Ramsey confirmed Monday that JonBenet took lessons at Dance West, a studio where the second victim had performed. The studio owner, Lee Klinger, said he has never been contacted by police investigating either case.

Both girls performed at public functions in Boulder not long before being victimized: The 14-year-old girl danced in several public performances in the year before her assault. JonBenet, the reigning Little Miss Christmas, was featured in a holiday parade shortly before she was killed.

Investigators surprised

Investigators who worked on the Ramsey case for Boulder District Attorney Alex Hunter said they were surprised last week to learn about the second attack.

"I'm shocked," said Steve Ainsworth, a Boulder County sheriff's detective who spent a year as a consultant on the case to Mr. Hunter. "I think this is something that definitely should have been brought up. I was pretty amazed at the similarities."

According to Boulder police reports, there was no sign of forced entry in either incident. The 14-year-old's attacker knew her by name, while a ransom note in the Ramsey case suggested JonBenet's killer somehow knew her family. And in both cases, the sexual assault was penetration by a finger or an object, police reports said.

Mr. Ainsworth, who has never ruled out an intruder in the Ramsey slaying, said the second case shows that the Ramseys' theory is plausible.

"One of the things that people are saying is, 'Well, what did the guy do? Go in there and hide for a couple of hours until they came home?' Like, as if that's something that would never happen, that it's so stupid, no one would ever consider it," Mr. Ainsworth said. "Well, that's what happened in this case."

AK - Also, male DNA perhaps from saliva was found in a blood drop on JonBenet's panties, perhaps indicating the attacker placed his mouth on or near her vagina. Amy's attacker did put his mouth on her vagina.

Amy was the dance school classmate of JonBenet's who was attacked on 9/14/97. The Mitchell Barzee journal indicates they returned to Utah on 9/21/97.

DESCRIPTION OF AMY'S ATTACKER

First, she thought she saw blonde hair from underneath a backwards cap. The blonde hair would rule out BDM, unless he dyed it or was wearing a wig.

Other aspects match him. A black "ninja" out fit sounds similar to robe clothes he wore.

"The victim 'did not recognize the voice of the suspect.' She said the suspect had a "deep voice....his jaw line stood out," his throat was real "thin," and the suspect's face was "very angular."

The mother described the assailant as about 5 feet 7 inches tall, 20 to 30 years old, with blond hair.

She noted that he had an angular, thin face, with a jaw line that "really stood out."

In pictures Brian David Mitchell, here on the far left, appears 2 to 3 inches shorter than other men. It appears he may be about 5' 7" tall.

Little Amy said the attacker 'had a voice like an older man but looked like a young man'. I wonder if in the dark, BDM's 5'7" very thin body looked like a "young man" to her, but he had the voice of a man in his 40's (which BDM was).

brian_15.jpg

COMPARISON OF WORDS AND STYLES IN JONBENET RAMSEY RANSOM NOTE AND THE JOURNAL OF CHILD KINDNAPPERS BARZEE AND MITCHELL

By AK Wilks, Douglas Oswell and Zander Kite

Common words and styles in both the ransom note and the Barzee Mitchell Journal include:

"Hence"
"Individual's"
"We Represent"
"At this time/At the time"
Use of an editors caret
"am" without periods and not capitalized
"Possession"
"Instructions"
"Adequate"
"Particularly"
"Being"
"Difficult"
"southern" not capitalized

And others as well[/size]

jonben20.jpg

jonben21.jpg

barzee22.jpg

barzee23.jpg

barzee24.jpg

barzee25.jpg

barzee26.jpg

barzee27.jpg

barzee28.jpg

barzee29.jpg

barzee30.jpg

Also found this on page 9 of the Barzee Mitchell journal. The ransom note also starts a sentence by using "At this time" and there is also use of an editors caret.

barzee12.jpg

jonben14.jpg

jonben15.jpg

When we speak of the "South" as a distinct region of the country it is generally proper to capitalize it. "Southern Rock", "Southern cooking", etc. Thus I do find it interesting that both the ransom writer and journal writer do not capitalize "southern".

Both ransom writer and journal writer make the unneeded designation that a group consists of "individuals". Ransom note writer says we are a "group of individuals." Several writers commented on how this was odd - as opposed to a group of what, plants? All that was needed to say was "we are a group representing a small foreign faction". Similarly, the Mitchell Barzee Journal says "On occasion transported by individuals using their truck or trailer." Again, all that was needed was to say "transported by motorists using truck or trailer" or "transported by drivers". Not needed is the designation that the drivers are "individuals", as they are not going to be animals. Also, "persons" or "people" are more common that "individuals". And both ransom nore writer and journal writer include an unneeded and improper apostophre so that it appears as "individual's".

In the context of messages from God, people usually speak of "commands", "commandments", "messages" or "orders". The journal writer speaks of "instructions". Similarly, in the context of a kidnapping ransom note, we usually see "demands", or sometimes "orders, but here we see "instructions".

"Hence" is a very old and seldom used term, used by both the ransom note writer and the journal writer.

In the journal, the word DIFFICULT is used, apparently referring to kidnapping wives. Here it is on page 35: (....when we will obtain our wives, the first wife being the most DIFFICULT. In succession of taking one young woman at a time, between 10 and 14 years of age, though each experience will seemingly become easier, in all reality, each wife will be as DIFFICULT as the first but for which we will have become stronger...) The ransom note writer says: You are not the only fat cat around so don't think that killing will be DIFFICULT.

The journal seems to use BEING a lot. It's almost like a style of writing. The use of the word BEING almost seems awkward and not needed at times. Here are 2 examples from the journal: (I reflected upon my righteous desire of BEING cleansed and healed...) Bottom Page 10. (...but telling him of our BEING directed by the Lord to go to Alaska..)Page 16. The writer from the ransom note says: Speaking to anyone about your situation, such as Police, F.B.I., etc., will result in your daughter BEING beheaded.

The ransom note speaks of the wealthy John Ramsey as a "fat cat". The journal writer speaks of their mission to the poor and homeless, how they travel in areas that are "wealthy, upper class" (p. 10) and "high class neighborhood" (p. 24-25), that the rich value money over God, and that they must rescue by force their "sister wives", the "daughters of God", out of "Babylon".

Stylistics of both Barzee Mitchell Journal and JonBenet Ramsey Ransom Note:

(1) wordspacing is even throughout

(2) there is double-spacing after a period

(3) the abbreviation "a.m." contains no periods

(4) paragraphs are set off with large indents

(5) line spacing is even but tight, with the descenders of one line allowed to run directly into ascenders of the next line.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandrz717
Back