Possible Remains of Caylee Found #5 ALL ***DAILY***Updates and Discuss here

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really wish the Anthony's would have hired this attorney from the get go.

IMO the bones being scattered will only back-up the assumption that she was placed there from the get go (and not recently). As flood waters recede the bag would move as well. Water seeks the lowest point and if the bag had gotten lodged in a bush or around a tree then the water inside the bag would continue to flow out along with small bones.

Its just horrific what this poor child endured. I'm sure we will hear even more heartbreaking facts surrounding this discovery. It just makes me more confident that the SA will put the DP back on the table AND the A's will charged with obstruction.

I posted this in the Questions for WS's thread but....am reposting here so someone will see it.....could someone enlighten me as to why they would remove the bushes that were above the trash bag found in the woods and bring them in for testing?

it was addressed in the presser I linked above. It seems that the bag had been wedged under palmetto bushes (that certainly explains to me how it was held under the flood waters). There was a lot of info in that presser.

I apologize if someone already covered this...but I am really confused!!? Originally when the story broke last week they stated the bag contained the full skeletal remains of a child. They said that the meter reader saw the bag and when he went to move it, the skull rolled out. They then stated that the garbage bag contained the full skeletal remains, Tim even stated the bag had some weight to it and left an indent in the ground that it had been there a while. Now they are doing a scavenger hunt and finding all kinds of small bones everywhere??? Did I miss something? How did they measure the skeleton last week & said it is the right size, etc. for Caylee if the bones are still all over the woods?? :waitasec:

I posted this in the Questions for WS's thread but....am reposting here so someone will see it.....could someone enlighten me as to why they would remove the bushes that were above the trash bag found in the woods and bring them in for testing?

Perhaps to test for the effects of a drug/Xanax/Chloroform on the growth of the tree/bush? I don't know for sure, but I think they can tell things like that and palmettos grow very, very quickly here in FL...

Just my guess - or maybe the bag was tied to the bush or anchored there somehow?

The bushes may also be tested for what chemicals they may contain and/or emit. If there are certain toxins found in the bones/tissue the defense could claim the surrounding plant life could have caused it. Sounds to me like testing the plant life in advance will eliminate that chance for the defense. Also, if the area had been sprayed with any herbicide or insect control that would also have to be considered. IMO

Doesn't this just tear you up, thinking about our poor little girl in this way? Intellectually I know this is what happens, but emotionally, knowing what happened to our little Caylee, its just so sad.
You have to understand people who have worked so many, many (hundreds ?) cases at WS have studied, researched, and have gained a lot of scientific knowledge in various areas that normal people don't go. Working with Unidentified victims requires you to to look beyond the emotional attachment and take a more analytical view, for instance. We really aren't just opinionated and uninformed bloggers as others have said. We take what we do very seriously. Many new people won't understand this part of it and will probably take offense. We won't be apologizing for discussing the science of this case, however.

While it is difficult to do in a lot of cases, particularly this one, it is part of what we do here. From here on out the details are going to be quite graphic of what happened to Caylee and the end result. However, it is important to know exactly what did happen in order to bring this case to justice. The trial and the evidence presented there will be much worse and even more graphic for the jury to see.

I apologize if someone already covered this...but I am really confused!!? Originally when the story broke last week they stated the bag contained the full skeletal remains of a child. They said that the meter reader saw the bag and when he went to move it, the skull rolled out. They then stated that the garbage bag contained the full skeletal remains, Tim even stated the bag had some weight to it and left an indent in the ground that it had been there a while. Now they are doing a scavenger hunt and finding all kinds of small bones everywhere??? Did I miss something? How did they measure the skeleton last week & said it is the right size, etc. for Caylee if the bones are still all over the woods?? :waitasec:
The larger bones probably remained in the bag with the lighter, smaller bones being carried outside. They used the measurements of the circumference of the skull in combination with the length of the leg bones etc. to determine size...not all of the bones together from head to toe as you would measure for height.

A normal DNA ID takes 1-2 weeks. If they rushed it as they claim, the ID has already been made. Goodness, dental ID can be done in a day with solely pictures of the child and no previous dental records.

Is it possible they are waiting to officially ID Caylee because none of the evidence directly links to KC or the Anthony home? Is it possible that what they have exonerates KC or creates some reasonable doubt? For example a sheet/tape/bag that doesn't match any in the Anthony home?

Why is it taking so long? If they could rule Caylee out we would have heard of it right away.

I feel LE knows it is Caylee, but doesn't want to announce it until they are finished with their crime scene investigation.

I feel LE knows it is Caylee, but doesn't want to announce it until they are finished with their crime scene investigation.

But if they know that, why not release that officially? Why hold back?

I too am seriously wondering what is taking so long for them to announce it. I feel LE already knows the ID. I think they are withholding a formal announcement for some reason. Today on Court TV they said that LE is only obligated to notify Casey if this indeed is Caylee because she is the NEXT OF KIN, and that LE would only be telling the Anthony's as a courtesy.

any hoot....welcome! I was alurker not too long ago too....once that first post is out of the way......well the rest is history.

But if they know that, why not release that officially? Why hold back?

I don't know. Maybe they want to keep JB away from the scene until it has been processed. I know the judge told JB he couldn't see the crime scene until LE was finished with it, but I'm sure if JB knew it was Caylee, he would be heading back into court to argue.

I'm pretty sure they are dotting their i's and crossing their t's. More than once. CYA, and cover it some more.

Why rush? What difference if it's done now or next week?

I imagine every hour they delay hurts the family. Not only immediate family but also extended. Also including others who have missing children in Florida.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver