Possible Victim: Fire Island Jane Doe, UP9098, found Davis Park Apr 1996 & Ocean Parkway Apr 2011 - Karen Vergata

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I fully agree, this is suspicious. Interestingly, there is an unidentified Hispanic male who was found in East Farmingdale on December 30, 2016 whose case is already entered with a good sketch. He was very petit and wearing women's jeans. I couldn't find any news articles to get a sense of if the circumstances may make this case related but this timeline shows that the resources are there.
https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/16280

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/...-id-body-found-in-north-amityville-1.13138167

According to that article police do not suspect foul play..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Then why is there a dead body (In female jean shorts) dumped along the ramp to the southern state in North Amityville? If you remember, Peaches was dumped right near and exit ramp to the SS Pkway, as was Tanya Rush. LE also knows people were asking questions about the males. If a male homicide victim found wearing women's clothes on Pkway ramp was reported the press could see the connection to Asian Male and run with it. Then the press says LISK is active. It could be an OD dump job but I doubt it.

Then why is there a dead body (In female jean shorts) dumped along the ramp to the southern state in North Amityville? If you remember, Peaches was dumped right near and exit ramp to the SS Pkway, as was Tanya Rush. LE also knows people were asking questions about the males. If a male homicide victim found wearing women's clothes on Pkway ramp was reported the press could see the connection to Asian Male and run with it. Then the press says LISK is active. It could be an OD dump job but I doubt it.

I still go back to surgeon. Plastic surgeon, perhaps? Possibly potential transgender candidates?

I fully agree, this is suspicious. Interestingly, there is an unidentified Hispanic male who was found in East Farmingdale on December 30, 2016 whose case is already entered with a good sketch. He was very petit and wearing women's jeans. I couldn't find any news articles to get a sense of if the circumstances may make this case related but this timeline shows that the resources are there.
https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/16280
This guy would be a long way from home (Nebraska) but he sure does look a lot like the sketch, IMHO. Fernando Ortiz-Carreras has been missing since Dec. 10 and the police were notified Dec 16.

Although some of the John Doe stats don't match, IE: Carreras seems to be 5'9" and Doe 5'6" (estimated), Carreras 175 lbs, Doe 90 lbs (estimated), I thought I would post this one as a potential match b/c of the likeness to the sketch, IMHO.

Carreras is not in NamUs yet.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture-Nebraska2.jpg
    Capture-Nebraska2.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 96
  • Capture-Nebraska.jpg
    Capture-Nebraska.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 99
I still go back to surgeon. Plastic surgeon, perhaps? Possibly potential transgender candidates?

Don't focus too much on the women's clothes aspect of it. It's trendy to wear tight fitted jeans right now and if the guy was 5'3" and around 90lbs he would most likely have an easier time finding that kind of fit in women's sizes. My sibling-inlaws are all skinny and trendy and used to buy women's jeans too.

Don't focus too much on the women's clothes aspect of it. It's trendy to wear tight fitted jeans right now and if the guy was 5'3" and around 90lbs he would most likely have an easier time finding that kind of fit in women's sizes. My sibling-inlaws are all skinny and trendy and used to buy women's jeans too.

I dk I feel like guys who aren't gay/trans that would wear women's jean shorts are the type who would be reported missing

How about Holly Anne Painter? http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1509dfon.html
attachment.php
She fractured her left leg 8 years before her disappearance. She went missing from the Toronto area on June 26, 1995. Her debit card was later used in Western New York. (I thought I had already seen this one on here but then I went through the whole thread and couldn't find it so it might have been another thread.)

Its a great match visually .....even the shading on the jaw line...

One reason the female jeans stood out to me as perhaps not being a hipster thing is that they appear to actually be capris based on the description: "Jean 3/4 length shorts; female size 16 "Rockawear" IMO the straight men who wear women's jeans as a trend tend to wear regular, full length jeans. https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/16280 JMO of course.

Despite the demographic differences I think this is a fantastic match! I somewhat doubt the accuracy of this guy being 90 lbs based on his height and the appearance of his face not looking like someone who is that frail. I have looked for matches for this UID too and it's really tough to find anyone with this much likeness, especially with the profile view -great find! Grand Island,NE is right on I-80 so he could have certainly made it to NY in 20 days.

This guy would be a long way from home (Nebraska) but he sure does look a lot like the sketch, IMHO. Fernando Ortiz-Carreras has been missing since Dec. 10 and the police were notified Dec 16.

Although some of the John Doe stats don't match, IE: Carreras seems to be 5'9" and Doe 5'6" (estimated), Carreras 175 lbs, Doe 90 lbs (estimated), I thought I would post this one as a potential match b/c of the likeness to the sketch, IMHO.

Carreras is not in NamUs yet.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Scraped the entire post...made many mistakes.

Odd things about the jeans...size 16 in women's is not tiny. I misread his height as 5'3" not 5'5", but only 90 lbs(seems that they only found 90's lbs of him?)? He's short for a guy but not for a woman, so the jeans would have looked like the intended 3/4 or capri length but with a huge waist? That I do not get. Why wear short pants in December? Was he re-dressed? The case file says nothing about a shirt/jacket and only partial remains seems like there is a lot more info they are leaving out on purpose.

How about Holly Anne Painter? http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1509dfon.html
attachment.php
She fractured her left leg 8 years before her disappearance. She went missing from the Toronto area on June 26, 1995. Her debit card was later used in Western New York. (I thought I had already seen this one on here but then I went through the whole thread and couldn't find it so it might have been another thread.)

Wow! I am speechless

Scraped the entire post...made many mistakes.

Odd things about the jeans...size 16 in women's is not tiny. I misread his height as 5'3" not 5'5", but only 90 lbs(seems that they only found 90's lbs of him?)? He's short for a guy but not for a woman, so the jeans would have looked like the intended 3/4 or capri length but with a huge waist? That I do not get. Why wear short pants in December? Was he re-dressed? The case file says nothing about a shirt/jacket and only partial remains seems like there is a lot more info they are leaving out on purpose.

I believe partial remains in that section refers to the state of decomposition. As in the entire body isn't there, like the skin is partially decomposed you namean? It says all parts recovered in the box above.

Here is a question for everyone: if they could make sketches of FI Jane after her skull was on OP for 15 years, and one of Manorville Jane after 11, why haven't the made a sketch of John Doe 2000 available since he was found weeks after his murder? Or John Doe 2003 who was found 4 months after his death? Or John Doe 2012 who was found under 5 years after he died?

Come to think it, have the police ever even mentioned that male bodies were dumped with the females torsos in Manorville during all the press conferences on LISK? Hm...

Could it be that LE doesn't WANT these guys identified?

Sure seems strange to me, we should have these damn sketches. SCPD is corrupt and can't be trusted to run this investigation.

I agree whole heartedly. It's time to do away with this "we can handle this ourselves", attitude and catch a freaking killer. It's obvious they can't handle it and need all the help they can get. Their methods obviously are not working. They aren't as smart as they think they are. I'm so frustrated.

Here is a question for everyone: if they could make sketches of FI Jane after her skull was on OP for 15 years, and one of Manorville Jane after 11, why haven't the made a sketch of John Doe 2000 available since he was found weeks after his murder? Or John Doe 2003 who was found 4 months after his death? Or John Doe 2012 who was found under 5 years after he died?

Come to think it, have the police ever even mentioned that male bodies were dumped with the females torsos in Manorville during all the press conferences on LISK? Hm...

Could it be that LE doesn't WANT these guys identified?

Sure seems strange to me, we should have these damn sketches. SCPD is corrupt and can't be trusted to run this investigation.

Excellent questions. It seems to me that SCPD doesn't even have the balls to read these, let alone giving a decent answer.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megan_peterson253
Back