Possible Victim: Shannan Gilbert

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they're not covering up so much as they don't want to look too close.

206 bones in the human body and LE only found 205 of SG's bones. The only one missing happens to be the one little tiny bone anyone would need to tell if she was strangled. That's weird. That makes me wonder. And it also makes me think someone meant to take that bone.

I don't know anything about this but I was wondering if maybe if she was strangled if that bone would break and make it a little bit easier for it to fall off her or something? Would anyone have any insight to that?

And I've seen bad cops before. I am well a wear that there is corruption in all areas of the world within the police offices. I don't doubt that. But I truly highly doubt that SCPD is coving up for a serial killer.

I completely agree that nobody is covering up for a serial killer. I think the cop theory has long been abolished, at least the SK being a current police officer or in LE. The missing bone, especially the one needed to be able to give a clue if she was strangled or not is gone. Also, another thing that was missing was security tapes from somewhere that would have shown if someone was chasing Shannon or where she went off to, etc. All these things are very very strange, and I just don't buy LE not seeing this as at least a suspicious death. This is why I think they know more than they lead to believe and have a good suspect maybe.

Or we could start with the *fact* that ** only two people know what happen inside that house** to scare the crap out of SG and one of them is dead now.

I don't believe it's ever been fully vetted how many people were at the Brewer residence-We can't be sure who was there PRIOR to SG arrival, or that no one else arrived while they were out for that time gap to go where ever they went--only that MP says he didn't see/notice anyone else--there could have been someone in the basement or in a back room----just saying

I don't believe it's ever been fully vetted how many people were at the Brewer residence-We can't be sure who was there PRIOR to SG arrival, or that no one else arrived while they were out for that time gap to go where ever they went--only that MP says he didn't see/notice anyone else--there could have been someone in the basement or in a back room----just saying

In which case I could even understand more how that would scare her. Maybe even make her think people were plotting to kill her.
I personally don't feel that there were others in the house that night. But I wouldn't be shocked if I found out there was.

Full circle back to the 'Drifter" discussion. I'm not sure if we fully solved who that is and if he was there that night. We did get a post about the house smelling of cat pee and some random man in it that looked like he was temporarily living there. (open house when it was on the market). Look for the 'drifter' thread.

206 bones in the human body and LE only found 205 of SG's bones. The only one missing happens to be the one little tiny bone anyone would need to tell if she was strangled. That's weird.

Do the research and you will quickly learn that there is nothing uncommon about a hydroids bone missing because it's a bone that is not actually connected to any other bone in the body. It is one of the first bones to be carried away by little critters or birds. SG was found right smack in the middle of a seagull nesting area. The Captree area is INFESTED with seagulls.

What might seem weird to the common folk is pure science to those in-the-know.

Do the research and you will quickly learn that there is nothing uncommon about a hydroids bone missing because it's a bone that is not actually connected to any other bone in the body. It is one of the first bones to be carried away by little critters or birds. SG was found right smack in the middle of a seagull nesting area. The Captree area is INFESTED with seagulls.

What might seem weird to the common folk is pure science to those in-the-know.

Cool. So what does that mean?

206 bones in the human body and LE only found 205 of SG's bones. The only one missing happens to be the one little tiny bone anyone would need to tell if she was strangled. That's weird. That makes me wonder. And it also makes me think someone meant to take that bone.

I don't know anything about this but I was wondering if maybe if she was strangled if that bone would break and make it a little bit easier for it to fall off her or something? Would anyone have any insight to that?

And I've seen bad cops before. I am well a wear that there is corruption in all areas of the world within the police offices. I don't doubt that. But I truly highly doubt that SCPD is coving up for a serial killer.
According to this study, the hyoid bone is fractured in one-third of homicides by strangulation (both manual and ligature). Variable conditions and circumstances, e.g., magnitude of force, type of instrument, and shape of the hyoid, determine whether the hyoid bone of a strangulation victim fractures, or remains intact.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8934706

The Hyoid bone (diagram below) is the located in the neck, immediately above the Adams apple on the anterior surface of the neck. it is the only bone in the human body that does not articulate with any other bone whatsoever. It consists of the body, the lesser horns and greater horns, as can be discerned in the diagram below (White & Folkens 2005: 155). Unfortunately, it is often broken (fractured) during strangulation, and can be used as key indicator in murder cases.
https://thesebonesofmine.wordpress.com/category/hyoid/

It's true that scavenging animals sometimes will carry off with the hyoid bone of an exposed corpse, but not to worry.
If a skull and a body have been separated, it is possible to tell which way up the face was, by “soil stain” on the bones. One can even tell if the skull has been moved several times. The bone which is least often recovered is that of the hyoid bone, and this is unfortunate because it is a clear indicator in the case of strangulation. It is often eaten by buzzards or vultures. Which brings us to another useful tool in toolbox: poop. Dr. Rodriguez collects all fecal samples nearby then x-rays them. Quite often there will be not only bone shards, but also bullet shards.
http://melitta-sar.blogspot.com/2010/11/session-9-clandestine-graves.html

Of course, by then it's too late to determine perimortem trauma.

Attachments

• 56od.jpg
    56od.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 28
We don't know the girls went without their phones. Amber did, but she was sharing a phone with someone else and she left it with him when she left.

I don't think Amber felt comfortable with this guy. I think Amber had simply give up hope on herself and didn't much care for her own safety anymore. I think this guy talked her into going, and since she had little care for herself, she allowed him to talk her into it.

I think he had tried to lure her before and she didn't bite, but got more desperate.

I don't think the cops are in on it, or that they suspect one of their own or someone prominent. What I don't trust them about is admitting they could use outside help from the public. Since they haven't been able to solve it perhaps it's time to release a little more info.

Did Megan have her phone with her? We don't know that. Her own family doesn't know. They won't tell them what they found in her hotel room , if her phone was there or not. Amber was the only one that didn't have a phone

Yes but it was later discovered that "the information" that he had had was based off of what Amanda had said the man calling sounded like. Johnny Terry also described him as a white guy.

LE never released anything saying that they had traced all the phone calls made to the girls and that it had come back under the name Mickey Mouse.

But they did trace the phone calls that John Terry was receiving and that was linked back to a burner phone under then name "Mickey Mouse.

The mickey mouse phone was one of several numbers they found when they combed through Mellisa's phone records according to this old but extensive article.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2011/04/24/melissa-barthelemy-the-long-island-serial-killer-victims-secret-life.html

Ok I stopped following the LISK a few years ago when Shannan was found and then there was no news for months and LE hadn't released her to her family.

She was missing a neck bone? What?

Ok I stopped following the LISK a few years ago when Shannan was found and then there was no news for months and LE hadn't released her to her family.

She was missing a neck bone? What?

Yep and it was the only bone missing from SG. The one bone someone would need to tell if she had been strangled or not

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk

I have yet to hear or read what SG was talking about when she said, "THEY'RE trying to kill me!". Was there more than one John at the Brewer residence that night (possible 3-way) that she felt threatened by? Was she having a psychotic break with reality (one report states she was bi-polar, perhaps off her meds at the time)? Was she drugged with something that would've made her paranoid? If we could figure out WHAT caused her frame of mind during the 911 call, I think LE would get a much better idea of where to start.

I have yet to hear or read what SG was talking about when she said, "THEY'RE trying to kill me!". Was there more than one John at the Brewer residence that night (possible 3-way) that she felt threatened by? Was she having a psychotic break with reality (one report states she was bi-polar, perhaps off her meds at the time)? Was she drugged with something that would've made her paranoid? If we could figure out WHAT caused her frame of mind during the 911 call, I think LE would get a much better idea of where to start.

Dont forget. The drifter was there. Someone LE does not want to discuss. Thats why they call him the drifter. They dont want you to know who he is.

Obviously, SG had the wherewithal to dial 911 & then articulate her circumstances to the operator therefore to perpetuate unfounded stories of being drugged or using drugs that night or that a bipolar condition "made her hallucinate" danger is gossip & a character smear. She dialed, talked for 23 minutes & her cries for help were silenced by others "thinking" what her state of mind was rather than taking her call at face value, a woman running in fear of her life!

The fact that LE still has her case open, in spite of their remarks she is not connected to the others or that she may have drowned, may point to them knowing something only they know. Any card player knows you never show the cards in your hand & just as importantly, knowing how to bluff. Playing your cards right brings winning results. I believe the SK knows this & he can only bluff his hand for so long.

I've heard tapes of 911 calls from people who couldn't get mcnuggets because it was breakfast time and not getting enough sprinkles on their cone at carvel. Just calling 911 doesn't mean you're thinking clearly.

I've heard tapes of 911 calls from people who couldn't get mcnuggets because it was breakfast time and not getting enough sprinkles on their cone at carvel. Just calling 911 doesn't mean you're thinking clearly.

Good point.

I wonder (seriously)(mathematically speaking) what the odds are that SG's death is NOT or IS related to (at least) the GB4.

Me too. There are so many variables that only Mr. Spock could calculate it. If there's no connection, it is one of the great coincidences of all time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarah573x