Possible Victim: Shannan Gilbert

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All those calls to MP! Why would she call him multiple times and then run from him? Weird.

All those calls to MP! Why would she call him multiple times and then run from him? Weird.

That's the million-dollar question, IMO. Many of us have often wondered the same thing over the years. It doesn't make sense to me-especially since she was the one who called him multiple times (IIRC).

My theory would be she kept calling and calling from in the house and that's when she realized he wasn't going to help her

My theory would be she kept calling and calling from in the house and that's when she realized he wasn't going to help her

He came out to the house, and called for her. What prompted her to run?

I suppose we'll never know. It's just so strange.

It's been described before by people who've heard her call and matches what MP said in his interview. JB wanted her out, MP came in to help, SG acted irrationally and called 911, MP said I've had enough and went back outside, JB grabbed SG to throw her out, SG then ran out on her own.

IMO, she saw or heard something or someone she had encountered before. Neither JB nor MP was aware of this or made any connection but reacted to HER REACTION, NOT to what it was that frightened her.

Someone she had seen before that gave her a fright & maybe the reason she said: "you guys are trying to kill me" as per MP's comment in an interview? She possibly thought the 2 of them were complicit in arranging for this person to be there? MP & JB may not have known of any relation or prior encounter with this possible other person?

I might regret asking, what reason for the following remark by JB, that continues to be ignored, if not that he shared something important with LE that hasn't been publicized?

Brewer told WABC, “The truth will come out, the truth will come out. The police know everything.”

https://psychowatcher.wordpress.com/tag/joseph-brewer/

I don't believe for a moment that SG was out of her mind or hallucinating or imagining she was in danger & the evidence is that she wound up dead & 10 other bodies found as a result of her frantic 911 call. No coincidence to me.

The logs may have been released by Shannan's mother.

But we're confident they're authentic? I'd always thought that the only reason we had to believe that JB and/or SG wanted to go to CVS was that MP had said so; instead, there's a reliable phone record showing that a call to there was made?

Is that list authentic and accurate? The site the post references, for the "record of Shannan's calls", is findshannangilbert-dot-com, which is defunct. I hadn't known that the police had released a list of Shannan's phone calls - did they?

The phone list is accurate.

Something, LISleuth said, reminded me that MP said that SG had run out upset from other jobs. What if the same thing that sent her into a panic at Brewer's was what had upset her at those other jobs. Maybe it wasn't SG being delusional or "out of it". Maybe the threat was real and was something, someone or a situation she had previously confronted or escaped.

What was going on with the phone call we may never know. The police/DA may never release the tape. Thanks to Det.Stephan taking the time to write to Newsday telling us he heard the tape and it seemed to him SG was OK we might not have a clue. Lets give a BIG HAND to Det.Stephan.

It does seem as though the Good Detective does what he is told. He retired without solving the Peter Ghattas case to arrest. And that was in 2003. That case had at least an indirect connection to James Burke.

Burke's neighbor is mentioned by Ghattas in a criminal enterprise. Three weeks after PG is brought to the DA office where Burke ran the investigations, PG is murdered. The case quickly goes cold.

I think there is a lot of evidence to suggest that Shannan was disoriented and confused that night. We have Brewer claiming that she went into the bathroom, and when she emerged she was acting erradically. She was acting so strangely that her driver, Michael Pak, says he had to ask her what movie she had seen that evening in an effort determine her mental state. We have Colletti saying he tried to ask her questions, and she just stared at him and kept saying, "They're trying to kill me!". Colletti also recounts that when he told her police were coming, she fled the house, falling down his porch stairs. We have Det. Varrone saying that he heard the 911 call and Shannan sounded out of it. The 911 dispatcher tried to ask her questions, and she either couldn't or wouldn't respond to those questions. She didn't know where she was.

That's a lot of different people reporting the same thing. They aren't ALL lying or mistaken, imo. If we add in Pak's statement that Gilbert and Brewer got into the car and left the house for a brief period of time, and Shannan's call to CVS some time after they returned, it isn't hard to draw the conclusion that Shannan was in some kind of drug stupor when she fled the house. That's not an established fact, of course, but there's enough evidence which points to that for me to think it's a fairly reasonable conclusion.

All just MOO.

I have always wondered what happened in that bathroom. Did she see something that made her feel threatened...something belonging to a known missing or dead prostitute? Or did she see someone when she was exiting the bathroom? When she became tormented, did someone try to drug or sedate her? We will never know. But we know she was distraught, ran from each place she stopped for help and she is dead, now.

I'd be happy to believe she was just paranoid and on drugs but then the phone calls the doc made to her mom just add a little to much weirdness to the mix for me.

But we're confident they're authentic? I'd always thought that the only reason we had to believe that JB and/or SG wanted to go to CVS was that MP had said so; instead, there's a reliable phone record showing that a call to there was made?

Yes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member