Possibly related cases (GB4, Manorville, Bittrolff victims, & others)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So many do so illegally and rip people off. you always have to be on guard unfortunately.

Yes rotten dingo, I believe you are right.
I even had a stretch limo offer me a ride late at night.

Thanks, I was not sure if I had the right term. I was about to ask "uncle google". I'm not from NYC (couldn't tell, eh? haha) but I would be at least slightly creeped out by a black car approaching me at night and offering a ride. Or any color car, I am not vehicularly biased.

MB didn't accept her normal ride and was waiting at the street - for what? MBB got a ride somewhere, somehow, just not sure when/how. MW walked away from the motel inexplicably. Will have to look up AC's departure, but they all went somewhere. Perhaps a taxi or limo is how they got there; seems feasible anyway.

That's your cue Peter - shoot it down. :cool:

Thanks, I was not sure if I had the right term. I was about to ask "uncle google". I'm not from NYC (couldn't tell, eh? haha) but I would be at least slightly creeped out by a black car approaching me at night and offering a ride. Or any color car, I am not vehicularly biased.

MB didn't accept her normal ride and was waiting at the street - for what? MBB got a ride somewhere, somehow, just not sure when/how. MW walked away from the motel inexplicably. Will have to look up AC's departure, but they all went somewhere. Perhaps a taxi or limo is how they got there; seems feasible anyway.

Amber walked out her front door....her roommate walked her to the porch, I think he said. She walked down the street, around the corner and that was the last anyone saw of her. Her roommate said he thought there was a car waiting there for her.....but he did not see it. So that could fit into the taxi theory pretty well.

I don't think burlap would rule out a cab driver, or anyone else for that matter. As has been discussed before, it is quite easy to obtain and has multiple uses. Heck, I have a roll in my garage right now :what: but not for any nefarious purpose.

But if we were to follow this taxi driver line of thinking, what would that mean, that MBB called a cab or saw one and therefore the cab SK just found her by luck, but posed as a john for the other three? Not dismissing the idea, just making sure I'm following.

A cab driver has, IMO, some intriguing points and some not so intriguing ones:

- You can wave a cab to stop it. No need for a phone call at all in NYC. Which would explain, why there is no call in Maureen's phone records

- We don't know, how Melissa went away, we only know where she was last seen. So she could also waved a cab (is that the right term?).

- Same with Megan, if there is a cab stand near the hotel (which I don't know)

- Same with Amber, if there is a cab stand not far from her place.

Means, if we ignore the burlap for the moment as irrelevant, there would be a possibility. Also, it would be able for a cabby to stalk, means, not to strike the first time. I only don't know how the cab areas are divided.

The problem would be the timeline. Why would a cab driver be only in the area for the summer?

Peter

Maybe the sk is a limo driver and tells some of his victims he will have his driver pick them up.
Maybe he offered Maureen a ride that night and he appeared legit and non threatening. many of those drivers work for themselves.

By my experience, limo-services don't pop p out of the blue with their cars, one needs to call them. But then, is that the same kind of car service you're talking about or is there a kind of underground driver service specialized in hookers?

Peter

I would shoot down the john theory for the reasons I told a dozen times. But I can't shoot down the "same driver" theory since to that, there is no evidence that would speak against it.
But maybe someone can explain something to me. I used driver services in some cities, I would hate to drive myself, but never in the US, so my experience is a little limited here. Do those services apply seasonal drivers? I have now this maybe wrong idea, that they need in summer more drivers because who goes to NYC in winter voluntary?

Peter

Amber walked out her front door....her roommate walked her to the porch, I think he said. She walked down the street, around the corner and that was the last anyone saw of her. Her roommate said he thought there was a car waiting there for her.....but he did not see it. So that could fit into the taxi theory pretty well.

Again, where are cab stands in the vicinity? Google doesn't seem to show it.

By my experience, limo-services don't pop p out of the blue with their cars, one needs to call them. But then, is that the same kind of car service you're talking about or is there a kind of underground driver service specialized in hookers?

Peter

Peter,
Are you from NY? While walking home from work to my respected train to Penn Station; I have been approached several times by the black cars. Its nothing spooky; in fact I have gotten in the black cars several times. Especially on a friday evening when getting a cab is tough and I have had enough of Manhattan and just want to go home.

Peter,
Are you from NY? While walking home from work to my respected train to Penn Station; I have been approached several times by the black cars. Its nothing spooky; in fact I have gotten in the black cars several times. Especially on a friday evening when getting a cab is tough and I have had enough of Manhattan and just want to go home.

I am not from NY, that's why I have to ask. So thanks, for clearing that part up.

Peter

Yeah its not the traditional yellow cab you think of when you think of NY. These guys tend to be a little more expensive as they pick up the left over business from the yellow cabs. These ARE NOT car services you call up for. THey kinda just cruise around looking for passengers. I think they need to be licensed with the livery people (whatever the organization that certifies cab drivers is called). Could they be just a civilian cruising around looking to make a buck? Absolutely.

Yeah its not the traditional yellow cab you think of when you think of NY. These guys tend to be a little more expensive as they pick up the left over business from the yellow cabs. These ARE NOT car services you call up for. THey kinda just cruise around looking for passengers. I think they need to be licensed with the livery people (whatever the organization that certifies cab drivers is called). Could they be just a civilian cruising around looking to make a buck? Absolutely.

Okay, that opens the possibility to wave them down if one knows where they normally hang out.

Mr. B,
These drivers, whether working legitimately or not, tend to cruise around areas and at certain times where they are most likely to find someone who needs a ride and thus make some money. Most of the times when I was offered a ride it was late at night after seeing a show or meeting up and partying with friends. they also frequent airports, hotels and I would imagine the Port Authority area.

So she could also waved a cab (is that the right term?).
Hail a cab - is that the term you were thinking of?

Means, if we ignore the burlap for the moment as irrelevant, there would be a possibility. Also, it would be able for a cabby to stalk, means, not to strike the first time. I only don't know how the cab areas are divided.

I still do not get why the use of burlap would rule out any particular profession to you. It is super available with many uses. It could have just been something someone had laying around, as I do, and not indicative of any particular profession.

The problem would be the timeline. Why would a cab driver be only in the area for the summer?

It is my understanding that there are many drivers, cab or livery or whatever, who drive for additional income. Some do it on a part-time basis, or as-needed. Perhaps even after retiring from another job. I too have heard of the self-employed type drivers mentioned above, and would imagine they are thus free to choose when they work. Seems plausible someone with seasonal employment, or who travels, might do this for additional income only at certain times. But again, there may be no cab or driver at all; just seemed a route worthy of discussion, whoever brought it up.

And Peter, I hope you know I was kidding above. I think differing viewpoints are a good thing. Especially when so few facts are known.

I would shoot down the john theory for the reasons I told a dozen times. But I can't shoot down the "same driver" theory since to that, there is no evidence that would speak against it.
But maybe someone can explain something to me. I used driver services in some cities, I would hate to drive myself, but never in the US, so my experience is a little limited here. Do those services apply seasonal drivers? I have now this maybe wrong idea, that they need in summer more drivers because who goes to NYC in winter voluntary?

Peter
Peter I believe that may be true as to seasonal. Also, the buses are seasonal from the NY Port Authority to Jones Beach/Gilgo Beach area.

Mr. B,
These drivers, whether working legitimately or not, tend to cruise around areas and at certain times where they are most likely to find someone who needs a ride and thus make some money. Most of the times when I was offered a ride it was late at night after seeing a show or meeting up and partying with friends. they also frequent airports, hotels and I would imagine the Port Authority area.

Okay, so there is for example a possibility one of them hung around the Holiday Inn in Haupauge. As of yet, there is nothing that would made this theory impossible. And such a guy could also stalk because opposite to a normal cab, he isn't boud to a certain business territory.

Peter

Anyone can listen online to police scanners

http://www.scpdny.com/ Suffolk County

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/?feedId=2801
Atlantic City

Some even have archives of previous dates

But someone has to be in Suffolk Co or near to it to do so. I don't think, those devices can listen in to SCPD for example from NYC. And I have as of yet to find a serial killer who transported his bodies just a mile or two. Either they keep them, destroy them or drive them miles and miles away.

Peter

But someone has to be in Suffolk Co or near to it to do so. I don't think, those devices can listen in to SCPD for example from NYC. And I have as of yet to find a serial killer who transported his bodies just a mile or two. Either they keep them, destroy them or drive them miles and miles away.

Peter
No Peter this is the internet. You can listen to those scans from anywhere you have internet access. I am listening to Suffolk County police scanner now. I am listening via the internet.

Hail a cab - is that the term you were thinking of?

Yep, that's it! Thanks!

I still do not get why the use of burlap would rule out any particular profession to you. It is super available with many uses. It could have just been something someone had laying around, as I do, and not indicative of any particular profession.

Everything in his dump site is planned. Every little detail. That makes me think, also the burlap is planned.
Second, burlap is not so common at all, I don't know why you have burlap at hand, but in my garage, I have rather plastic foil for the occasional paint work on the house. But maybe there are uses for burlap that I missed.
However, in this case it was meant like "lets ignore the whole burlap thing for a moment" to open the door a little wider for the cab-driver theory.

It is my understanding that there are many drivers, cab or livery or whatever, who drive for additional income. Some do it on a part-time basis, or as-needed. Perhaps even after retiring from another job. I too have heard of the self-employed type drivers mentioned above, and would imagine they are thus free to choose when they work. Seems plausible someone with seasonal employment, or who travels, might do this for additional income only at certain times. But again, there may be no cab or driver at all; just seemed a route worthy of discussion, whoever brought it up.

SPECULATION WARNING! Lets speculate a little: A driver like that, who is also a snow bird, could theoretically drive during the summer on the EastCoast and then snowbird away to drive somewhere in the South or Southwest.

And Peter, I hope you know I was kidding above. I think differing viewpoints are a good thing. Especially when so few facts are known.

I do ... but you have no idea how much work it is to live up to my bad reputation ... :floorlaugh:

Peter

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste
Back