Possibly related cases (GB4, Manorville, Bittrolff victims, & others)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Okay, so there is for example a possibility one of them hung around the Holiday Inn in Haupauge. As of yet, there is nothing that would made this theory impossible. And such a guy could also stalk because opposite to a normal cab, he isn't boud to a certain business territory.

Peter
Here is a link to the various cab/livery/limo license holder data for NYC. Some lists show the base addresses for the company. Someone driving back then could have let their license expire; not sure how long they last. Or someone could have been driving without the proper license I guess. Anyway, here it is:
http://www.nyc.gov/html/tlc/html/current/current_licensees.shtml

But someone has to be in Suffolk Co or near to it to do so. I don't think, those devices can listen in to SCPD for example from NYC. And I have as of yet to find a serial killer who transported his bodies just a mile or two. Either they keep them, destroy them or drive them miles and miles away.

Peter
or bury them in their backyard, under their house or close by so they can drive by.

No Peter this is the internet. You can listen to those scans from anywhere you have internet access. I am listening to Suffolk County police scanner now. I am listening via the internet.

Okay, I didn't realize that. Which means, also an SK from NYC can listen in to make sure there are no patrols along Gilgo Beach before he sits in his car to bring a fresh body out there. Isn't that just great?

Peter

or bury them in their backyard, under their house or close by so they can drive by.

Bury them under the house (as for example Gacy) or in the backyard (as Berdella did with one or two) counts for me as keeping. But then Berdella also destroyed the others (and let them be transported away by the city's trash truck) and Gacy, after the space under his house was full, drove miles to drop them in the river.
That is in fact the whole point, I try to make. If they don't detroy the bodies, they are either right ON their property (extreme case was Sowell) or transported miles away (Corrl about 17 miles, Bundy up to 120 miles). I have seen not one case yet, where an SK transported bodies, but then only one mile.

Peter

Yep, that's it! Thanks!

Everything in his dump site is planned. Every little detail. That makes me think, also the burlap is planned.
Okay, gotcha. Thank you for expanding.

Second, burlap is not so common at all, I don't know why you have burlap at hand, but in my garage, I have rather plastic foil for the occasional paint work on the house. But maybe there are uses for burlap that I missed.

Oh but it *is* common. I think it's been discussed before, but you can walk into just about any place that sells fabric and buy a yard or a roll. You can get it at home improvement or gardening type places as well, and sporting goods stores, and probably many other places.

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc...=10053&langId=-1&keyword=burlap&storeId=10051

http://www.joann.com/burlap-many-colors/prd23682/

http://klmsportinggoods.com/product...23902&osCsid=8f9b3d75b9706c38eed8ae30bb7e8582

As for usage, here's a few:
http://www.ehow.com/info_8152370_uses-burlap.html
A couple others off the top of my head: craft projects, home decor, and who knows what else. It's cheap, too.
Hope those links work properly.

You want to know why I have a roll of burlap, don't you? Lol. I think your roll of "plastic foil" sounds more ominous than my burlap. It was purchased to construct sound dampening panels. Wait, that does sound nefarious given the context of the discussion. There's a musician in the house; totally innocent.
SPECULATION WARNING! Lets speculate a little: A driver like that, who is also a snow bird, could theoretically drive during the summer on the EastCoast and then snowbird away to drive somewhere in the South or Southwest.

Agreed. Or, could work a totally different job during another part of the year, IMO.

I do ... but you have no idea how much work it is to live up to my bad reputation ... :floorlaugh:
Peter
Ok, I'll keep your secret :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Brendt
Okay, so there is for example a possibility one of them hung around the Holiday Inn in Haupauge. As of yet, there is nothing that would made this theory impossible. And such a guy could also stalk because opposite to a normal cab, he isn't boud to a certain business territory.

Peter

-----
Could it be that Megan just went to take a walk to a convenience store close by for a pack of cigarettes or some munchies and was abducted by this troller hanging out in his sedan with tinted windows. If Megan planned on a short trip, that would explain why she didn't bring her cell phone.

Okay, gotcha. Thank you for expanding.

Oh but it *is* common. I think it's been discussed before, but you can walk into just about any place that sells fabric and buy a yard or a roll. You can get it at home improvement or gardening type places as well, and sporting goods stores, and probably many other places.

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc...=10053&langId=-1&keyword=burlap&storeId=10051

http://www.joann.com/burlap-many-colors/prd23682/

http://klmsportinggoods.com/product...23902&osCsid=8f9b3d75b9706c38eed8ae30bb7e8582

As for usage, here's a few:
http://www.ehow.com/info_8152370_uses-burlap.html
A couple others off the top of my head: craft projects, home decor, and who knows what else. It's cheap, too.
Hope those links work properly.

You want to know why I have a roll of burlap, don't you? Lol. I think your roll of "plastic foil" sounds more ominous than my burlap. It was purchased to construct sound dampening panels. Wait, that does sound nefarious given the context of the discussion. There's a musician in the house; totally innocent.

Agreed. Or, could work a totally different job during another part of the year, IMO.

Ok, I'll keep your secret :)

I'm not that paranoid to think, you're a suspect because of a roll of burlap. Of course, if I read one day, someone killed a musician in your neighborhood, I maybe rethink :floorlaugh:
But seriously, the roll of plastic foil indeed sounds worse. Think about why? Because it is something, someone would much more likely chose to wrap a body. I mean, dead bodies tend to leak. So, why not the obvious choice but burlap? Either because burlap was at hand and no plastic foil or because he can transport things wrapped in burlap and even maybe together with some lime without attracting unwanted attention. Since nowadays every week two or three TV serial killers drive happily around with plastic wrapped bodies or dismembered bodies in Hefties, everybody would think "body" when they see such a roll. Thus, he probably used something perceived as less obvious. Like burlap. The reason, why I said "landscaper" months before the NYT interviewed Rifkin is, nobody would think anything about a big bundle wrapped in burlap on the bed of a truck, especially not if the truck says "Landscaping" in big paint on the sides.

Peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Brendt

Peter

-----
Could it be that Megan just went to take a walk to a convenience store close by for a pack of cigarettes or some munchies and was abducted by this troller hanging out in his sedan with tinted windows. If Megan planned on a short trip, that would explain why she didn't bring her cell phone.

Okay, lets play this through. An SK just waiting near the hotel in Haupauge makes no sense. Because he wouldn't know when a possible victim would come out. This isn't really a target-rich environment and low organized SKs therefore go rather to environments where they can expect to find something fitting their taste.
But a stalker type would follow an already chosen. And since she was all two weeks there, he could have watched her in the past to make a quick supply run after being done with the day's work (which in this business would be in the middle of the night). So, what we would need are possible shops in walking distance. Sounds like a job for our locals?

Peter

Okay, lets play this through. An SK just waiting near the hotel in Haupauge makes no sense. Because he wouldn't know when a possible victim would come out. This isn't really a target-rich environment and low organized SKs therefore go rather to environments where they can expect to find something fitting their taste.
But a stalker type would follow an already chosen. And since she was all two weeks there, he could have watched her in the past to make a quick supply run after being done with the day's work (which in this business would be in the middle of the night). So, what we would need are possible shops in walking distance. Sounds like a job for our locals?

Peter
In looking at the hotel there is an ominous vacant lot right next to the hotel. It is drivable and looks like it has been used for dirt bikes or mining? can't tell. Seems you could easily pick someone up and leave the hotel property with virtually no detection. The hotel is 23 minute drive to Gilgo.

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...th,+Hauppauge,+NY+11788&daddr=Gilgo+Beach,+NY

Click on satellite view and then scroll in. You can see the surrounding areas. This got me thinking about all of the last locations the girls disappeared from. Is there anything in common with these areas.

In looking at the hotel there is an ominous vacant lot right next to the hotel. It is drivable and looks like it has been used for dirt bikes or mining? can't tell. Seems you could easily pick someone up and leave the hotel property with virtually no detection. The hotel is 23 minute drive to Gilgo.

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...th,+Hauppauge,+NY+11788&daddr=Gilgo+Beach,+NY

Click on satellite view and then scroll in. You can see the surrounding areas. This got me thinking about all of the last locations the girls disappeared from. Is there anything in common with these areas.

Roadways and service roads...

I have thought, on many occasions, that MW, MBB, and AC either tired of talking to the guy on the phone and went outside to his vehicle to talk to him or considered doing a quick car date or a drug purchase from his car. I am not so sure that they ever intended to leave their location with the guy. That being said, this would explain why MW and AC didn't take their cell phones with them. MB did take her cellphone with her and the SK called her little sister. MBB, had supposedly checked out of the Super 8 and had her belongings with her at the Port Authority...as she was intending on going back to Connecticut. But, she wanted to make back the money that she said was stolen from her. She may have thought that a few quick or car dates might help her to make back some of the lost money.

Im pretty sure they were bags as opposed to burlap wrap.
why? Because ny times reporters are pretty darn accurate. and they reported bags. makes me think the remains were transported after decomp started.

Amber walked out her front door....her roommate walked her to the porch, I think he said. She walked down the street, around the corner and that was the last anyone saw of her. Her roommate said he thought there was a car waiting there for her.....but he did not see it. So that could fit into the taxi theory pretty well.

MB, waited for a ride outside her Bronx apartment.

Looks like a nice place for a blitz-attack. Someone goes by, you come out of hide behind her and booooom.

Peter

I have thought, on many occasions, that MW, MBB, and AC either tired of talking to the guy on the phone and went outside to his vehicle to talk to him or considered doing a quick car date or a drug purchase from his car. I am not so sure that they ever intended to leave their location with the guy. That being said, this would explain why MW and AC didn't take their cell phones with them. MB did take her cellphone with her and the SK called her little sister. MBB, had supposedly checked out of the Super 8 and had her belongings with her at the Port Authority...as she was intending on going back to Connecticut. But, she wanted to make back the money that she said was stolen from her. She may have thought that a few quick or car dates might help her to make back some of the lost money.

Which forces you to explain how the same SK was hanging out in all those places. Especially MBB is hard. Amnd your theory would demand, that he knew exactly where they were and prepared to take them. As in, he would know, they would come down.

Im pretty sure they were bags as opposed to burlap wrap.
why? Because ny times reporters are pretty darn accurate. and they reported bags. makes me think the remains were transported after decomp started.

Bags can be pretty big either. The question I have is rather, since burlap is decomposable too, how long does that take. I can't find any numbers for burlap. Og curse, it would be nice if LE could tell us about the state of the burlap too.

Generally speaking, it takes burlap about a year to break down. But, my knowledge is based on gardening, not murder, so bear that in mind. I don't garden on top of sand. No clue how long it would take burlap to degrade under the conditions that existed at the dumpsite. But, I would guess longer than a year.

Which forces you to explain how the same SK was hanging out in all those places. Especially MBB is hard. Amnd your theory would demand, that he knew exactly where they were and prepared to take them. As in, he would know, they would come down.

Did you miss the part of my thought that references that they "tired of talking to him" on the phone and went outside to talk to him at his car?

The thought and theory does not preclude the possibility that each of them had spoken to the guy before and that he wore them down to the point they agreed to come out and talk to him at his vehicle.

They say the only way to get away with murder is to not have a motive.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neejo
Back