Possibly related cases (GB4, Manorville, Bittrolff victims, & others)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think this is very significant. I dont think it's a coincidence. Perhaps someone who knew Rita was her killer and so it's someone still in her daughters life. How did Rita's daughter know Melissa from NYC or Buffalo? I think there is really something to this. Thanks for pointing it out MK

Not sure how Melissa and Amanda knew one another, but I think it was something like 20 years between the 2 murders. That's a big gap of time. :dunno:

The only connection between victims that I've ever been able to find is that Rita Tangredi-Beinlich (who was strangled and dismembered in 1993) had a daughter who was best friends with Melissa Barthelemy.

Do you remember where you heard this from or anything? I'm kind of intrested in the connection even if it's been 20 years.

Do you remember where you heard this from or anything? I'm kind of intrested in the connection even if it's been 20 years.

You can find the information in the "comment" section in this link, one comment is from somone who says she is the daughter of murder victim Rita Tangredi Beinlich and that she was also best friend of murder victim Melissa Barthelmey:

http://archive.longislandpress.com/2011/03/24/long-islands-other-serial-killer/

Note that there is also a comment (the 3rd) from a man who says he was the boyfriend of murdervictim Jessica Taylor.

ID Discovery is airing the LISK episode of Dark Minds overnight. Just thought I'd let everyone know! I haven't seen it, so I'm DVRing it.

Thanks hunter. I know the clip i was mentioning was from like a news report on an update of the investigation around the time the G4 were found

..... The lips and nose do not look the same on JB as they do in the drawing, but that's just MOO.

I agree....lips/nose of JB do not look the same as in the sketch. Matter-of-fact, the facial skin in the sketch appears to be more saggy. From the moment JB's mugshot was shown, I thought he looked terribly familiar but I can't put my finger on it.

Instead of whining and complaining in the threads, members can actually assist in keeping the information accurate by alerting on posts which aren't properly linked up.

*This comment is intended for all, and for no one in particular

One of the cases I read about spoke of a victim leaving her rented car in a parking lot but it wasn't an AC victim. It was a Wilmington, NC victim. (Allison Foy Jackson.) I wonder if whoever posted that about Kim might have confused the two cases....

All these seaside grouped murders...and your head really does start to spin.

My profiling guru John Kelly and I investigated the case on Dark Minds (see Kelly’s Eastbound Strangler profile here) and came up with a theory by an anonymous witness to back it up: That two scumbags—an African-American and a Caucasian guy—driving a van were partnering up to entice these girls with drugs to party with them inside a motel room, and when they found the right candidate to fit their sexual fantasies, fetishes, and madness, she would die by strangulation/asphyxiation. I stand by that theory today. I also stand by the anonymous witness I interviewed. I believe these two men my witness talked about are the killers in these four cases. I have been told by a law enforcement source in recent months that law enforcement has, in fact, been tracking “two guys in a van across the country.” Where it all will lead, who knows?

http://crimefeed.com/2014/02/m-william-phelps-eastbound-strangler-returned-atlantic-city/

Thank you mods so much for moving all those posts over here :)

I really do not understand what his motive was in taking her out of AC and bringing her to a drug/prostitute motel for 5 weeks on Long Island. Doesn't sound like the place your take you wife to repair your relationship and help keep her clean from drugs.

First thought that came to my mind was that he was pimping her out there and she escaped from him. He is a shady character and his stories do not add up.

If he lived so close to the area involved - he may very well have known all the victims....just putting it out there....but then again I'm still hung up on the fact that her body was found by police....just like...some other bodies on LI.....all found by police???

If it turns out this body was found my Officer Malia, we got a big problem. ;)

how was the skull found in Jones beach again.....

I am constantly amazed when I read your posts Foreignor....fantastic sleuthing....and you don't let the fact that you have your own opinion of a POI stop you from searching/sleuthing other leads.

F! just turned on ID to find 5 minutes left on Beyond the Boardwalk! Shoot been waiting so many years!

I thinks it Barbara;s daughter who claims she saw the man from the sketch before. She says she saw the man at the door selling something. A drug dealer? Door to door salesman? Outreach ministry??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back