Post sentencing discussion and the upcoming appeal

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. During OP's testimony was he sitting or standing up the whole time, or some of each?

2. Did he, literally, never look at Nel. If so, he was just staring at Masipa the whole time, even when there were long pauses while other things were being said or clarifications made that involved other people ( e.g., Nel checking with the folks behind him)

Sorry, I don't get what you're relating this to? Do you mean to suggest that OP was trying to intimidate the judge because if so, I agree, in fact I think he spent much of his time in the court, courting her.

Sorry, I don't get what you're relating this to? Do you mean to suggest that OP was trying to intimidate the judge because if so, I agree, in fact I think he spent much of his time in the court, courting her.

I wish someone had been hired to tweet ONLY about things going on in the background, like (hypothetically) "Amy is giving dirty looks to..," "Nel really laughted at...," "It's too hot and humid in here.," "Every time Masipa comes in, OP is always the last to sit down," "OP has been standing up for the last 4 hour of his testimony.", "So and so had lunch with ___", etc.

That's where I'm coming from. I just want to know.

I don't mean that OP would have been intimidating her, just looking at her. Someone/s here mentioned that OP never once looked at Nel during his testimony. That means, I think, that he kept his eyes glued on Masipa the whole time. If so, it seems like it would be really weird.

I wish someone had been hired to tweet ONLY about things going on in the background, like (hypothetically) "Amy is giving dirty looks to..," "Nel really laughted at...," "It's too hot and humid in here.," "Every time Masipa comes in, OP is always the last to sit down," "OP has been standing up for the last 4 hour of his testimony.", "So and so had lunch with ___", etc.

I don't mean that OP would have been intimidating her, just looking at her. Someone/s here mentioned that OP never once looked at Nel during his testimony. That means, I think, that he kept his eyes glued on Masipa the whole time. If so, it seems like it would be really weird.

That would be interesting, although totally at the mercy of the observer's bias. I know if you follow some of the regular court tweets there has been mention of OP pretty much devoting his attention to the judge, at least when he's not been passing notes or puking.

From some of the courtroom tweets I saw during OP's testimony, it seemed that he was looking at Masipa rather then Nel.

It would just seem weird for him to be looking at Masipa having a one way conversation. I do have a feeling though that this was a defence ploy. Nel can be intimidating and if you don't look at him and his hand or facial gestures but only listen to his voice, you stand a better chance of getting through the cross, though this may not have been the case with OP for other reasons.

And last but not least

Carl Pistorius @carlpistorius · 7h 7 hours ago

"I think everybody should get rich & famous & do everything they ever dreamed of, so they can see that it's not the answer." - Jim Carrey

How about this one Judge Judi which I saw last night:
Aimee Pistorius tweets both brothers with cute kiddie illustration:

"Sometimes being a sister is even better than being a princess"

Now princess was not the first word that sprang to my mind...... better not say , it might be slander! But it relates to taking handbag and playing a dead girl in a video.

https://twitter.com/AimeePistorius/status/529723732466892800/photo/1

Your post reminded me of this article I read the other day, CM -->> http://www.mediaite.com/tv/nancy-gr...judge-may-have-gotten-him-off-murder-charges/

Umm, I just realized why this magazine caught my attention, the dress on the front page appears to be the one RS is wearing a few pages back(link below), was it her on the front page of what appears to be Cosmopolitan?
View attachment 62798

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?261268-Post-sentencing-discussion-and-the-upcoming-appeal&p=11163038#post11163038

Hi Val .. I just had a closer look at the dress and they don't appear to be the same .. although the same colour, the one in the magazine goes straight across the top of the *advertiser censored* with no straps and the one Reeva is wearing in the photo posted by Lux has one side of the dress going up over her right shoulder with some material from the back coming over that shoulder and hanging all the way down on that side .. it's not the same dress :thumb:

1. During OP's testimony was he sitting or standing up the whole time, or some of each?

2. Did he, literally, never look at Nel. If so, he was just staring at Masipa the whole time, even when there were long pauses while other things were being said or clarifications made that involved other people ( e.g., Nel checking with the folks behind him)

He, was seated. Masipa gave all the witnesses the choice of standing or sitting. I didn't know this but read somewhere during the trial that whoever is in the witness box is supposed to look at the judge and direct their testimony to the judge, not counsel,because they're addressing the court, not counsel.

Hi Val .. I just had a closer look at the dress and I they don't appear to be the same .. although the same colour, the one in the magazine goes straight across the top of the *advertiser censored* with no straps and the one Reeva is wearing in the photo posted by Lux has one side of the dress going up over her right shoulder with some material from the back coming over that shoulder and hanging all the way down on that side .. it's not the same dress :thumb:

I dunno, you can do wonderful things with sari's and that colour certainly lends itself to belonging to that design style.
https://www.google.ca/search?q=sari%27s&client=firefox-a&hs=d3b&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&channel=np&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=ac9ZVJWeMcmbigLm8YA4&ved=0CCYQsAQ&biw=1189&bih=605

Anyway, just thought if it had been her on the cover it would have been very otherworldly so if not, and I did try searching Cosmo covers and couldn't find that one, I'm actually kind of relieved.

I'm going to buy this as an e-book and also book no. 2 and would like to draw your attention to it:

Pieces of the puzzle

The Handbook to the Trial brought to you by Art Publishers and Sunday Times

This book is drawn from a wide variety of media accounts, providing a background to the shooting and assembling the evidence that will feature in South Africa’s ‘Trial of the Century’. Content includes background information on the parties involved, a timeline of the night in question, the prosecution and defence arguments, social media feeds, photographs, and diagrams. It is essentially a handbook to the trial. In collaboration with the Sunday Times, this title is the first of a two-part series written by Laurie A Claase, and is currently the only book covering this topic. Laurie A Claase is an investigative author and public speaker with a keen interest in the investigation of sporting scandals. She has become the media authority on the trial. The sequel will be published following the outcome of the case and titled Pieces of the Puzzle: Oscar Pistorius and Reeva Steenkamp – Part Two: Judgement Day.

Is that the Jodi Arias technic?! She would refuse to look at Martinez and address all the statements to the Jury - very odd to watch. I think that was an attempt by her to "connect" with them. Seems to have worked better for OP than her mind you...

Does anyone remember 'Mystery Man'? .. i.e. the photo of a man that flashed up on the court's screens as they were going through Reeva's whatsapp messages .. I said at the time I saw it that I thought it looked like Hougaard and I'm still fairly certain that it was him (although it's not a particularly good photo of him) .. Mystery Man has the exact same hairline and facial hair as Hougaard ..

21856af4651445bab3892b2be8f9901b.jpg
mystery man.jpg
heat-1-8-7-march-20131.jpg

.. I can't remember which day it was that the photo appeared in Reeva's whatsapp messages now though, but I'm pretty certain they were talking about the 13th at the time the picture flashed up .. I would need to go back and check the trial video of that bit again though, to verify.

Just what you’d expect from the always biased Pistorian, Kelly Phelps.

Kelly Phelps says the state is simply challenging Masipa’s application of the rule of objecto.

[I’d say that’s an extremely simplistic way of saying the appeal is challenging the conviction, sentence and the illegal possession of ammunition. It sounds more like paragraphs need to rearranged and adding a few commas here and there.]

The state is saying the judge misapplied the rule of error in objecto and therefore also misapplied the definition of dolus eventualis and the way that the putative defence should operate in this case.

While many legal experts believe the appeal is crucial to get clarity on the interpretation of the law, Phelps believes the judgment was correct and the law should not be altered.

Legal experts are divided on whether leave should be granted, but most agree it will be.

“Phelps says although she stands by her view, she is sure Masipa will grant the appeal. I think that it's very likely she will grant the appeal nonetheless because of all the scrutiny on this case, and I think she won’t want to be seen as protective of her own judgment.”

http://ewn.co.za/2014/11/05/Oscar-Pistorius-prosecutors-want-to-go-directly-to-Supreme-Court

This picture looks like a grandmother lovingly looking on as her grandson is singing the Hallelujah Chorus. I'm hoping he'll next be singing

"When I was just a baby my mama told me. Son,
Always be a good boy, don't ever play with guns".

(Some lyrics from Johnny Cash's Folsom Prison Blues)

Attachments

• Masipa.jpg
    Masipa.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 173
How about this one Judge Judi which I saw last night:
Aimee Pistorius tweets both brothers with cute kiddie illustration:

"Sometimes being a sister is even better than being a princess"

Now princess was not the first word that sprang to my mind...... better not say , it might be slander! But it relates to taking handbag and playing a dead girl in a video.

https://twitter.com/AimeePistorius/status/529723732466892800/photo/1

That from an adult women makes me feel ill. What's the matter with those people.

That from an adult women makes me feel ill. What's the matter with those people.

It's horribly cute'sy isn't it, and as you say she's an adult, not a 'widdle' girl. What's even worse are the sycophantic comments beneath her tweet. Think I need to listen to some Nick Cave or Johnny Cash (good quote Judge Judi) as an antidote.

Does anyone remember 'Mystery Man'? .. i.e. the photo of a man that flashed up on the court's screens as they were going through Reeva's whatsapp messages .. I said at the time I saw it that I thought it looked like Hougaard and I'm still fairly certain that it was him (although it's not a particularly good photo of him) .. Mystery Man has the exact same hairline and facial hair as Hougaard ..

View attachment 62823
View attachment 62824
View attachment 62825

.. I can't remember which day it was that the photo appeared in Reeva's whatsapp messages now though, but I'm pretty certain they were talking about the 13th at the time the picture flashed up .. I would need to go back and check the trial video of that bit again though, to verify.

I didn't mean to identificate FH in earlier times, but now ... you are right, the hairline is exactly the same. The eye area and nose didn't seem to fit (for me), maybe it's only on the photograph/angle. Perhaps it's him, yes. Only more masculine, earthy than usual.
Why was the pic omitted in the process of trial??? This one goes deep (Shane13)? Another SA star!

It's horribly cute'sy isn't it, and as you say she's an adult, not a 'widdle' girl. What's even worse are the sycophantic comments beneath her tweet. Think I need to listen to some Nick Cave or Johnny Cash (good quote Judge Judi) as an antidote.

Yes, maybe "Where the wild roses grow" or "Henry Lee" but with roles reversed.

This is from Aimee aged 24 - posted yesterday. I've never known a family with 3 adult "children" like these. Aimee with her 5 year-old drawing, Carl with his Hulk pictures and OP who behaves like a little 3 year-old with his crying and temper tantrums. Henke and Sheila should have seen the following ad before deciding to have children:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNDuzdanepw

Attachments

• B1n07NXIMAA6ohM[1].jpg
    B1n07NXIMAA6ohM[1].jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 170
Bro, I can FEEL your passion ...THANK-YOU for sharing your outrage!!! Sometimes, I don't think there's ENOUGH outrage in the world, especially about justice.
I don't recall being aware that you were a other-than Nel fan, in terms of how he prosecuted the case. I probably just missed it, overwhelmed by my surprise that we had been separated at birth!
Thank you for saying so and explain why you feel the way you do about Nel's job.

As far as his asking for 10 years like he did, I truly have NO idea what that was about but my gut feeling, at that moment was that he was signaling to her that if she gave him 10 years the State wouldn't or might not consider an appeal (of the sentence). Again, I don't know.
Your last line is HILARIOUS:
"Sorry to all you Nel supporters out there but I could have prosecuted the case better than this and I'm an Electrician fgs !
Snipped by me.

Nel blew the trial as far as I was concerned by losing his way on too many occasions.
His XE dragged on and on even after he had made good points.
Then next session he would come back and ask the same questions all over again and it became confusing.
He should have stuck to the points then moved on.
He also 'missed' so many opportunities it is unreal.........." what happened to the Lady" is a prime example.

He also allowed Roux to muddy the waters too much without rebuke.
I mean c'mon Roux must be giggling away to himself after winning with the hand he was dealt !

As for asking for 10 years.......how does that work?
He argued for 7 months that OP knew it was Reeva behind the door and he murdered her.
He should have said that when asked the question.
"M'lady it is the states case that Mr.Pistorius knowingly murdered the deceased and should be punished with the full force of the law".
10 years yeah right !! Doesn't make sense at all IMO :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay