Not open for further replies.
It really is such a joke his testimony

It all falls into place when you watch the defence reconstruction video

V1 - Bail Affidavit

V2 - Reconstruction video

V3 - EiC

V4 - Cross

The differences between V2 and v4 are alarming

you may be interested in reading this as it is related to that part of his testimony:
"During the early morning hours of 14 February 2013, I woke up, went onto the balcony to bring the fan in and closed the sliding doors, the blinds and the curtains. I heard a noise in the bathroom and realised that someone was in the bathroom. I felt a sense of terror rushing over me. There are no burglar bars across the bathroom window and I knew that contractors who worked at my house had left the ladders outside. Although I did not have my prosthetic legs on I have mobility on my stumps. I believed that someone had entered my house. I was too scared to switch a light on."

There are two types of emotions: short-term and long-term. Short-term emotions occur at the peak of the incident. If you turned around and someone was standing directly behind you, you may become startled. Once you quickly realize the person is not a threat the surprise is over. Being startled is a brief emotion.

Long-term emotions such as being in shock or being frightened occur after the incident is over and the person has time to reflect on what happened or could have happened. The incident itself is so overwhelming these long-term emotions are suppressed. When a deceptive person inserts long-term emotions into his story he usually puts them in the wrong place. He places them at the peak of the incident.

Pistorius tells us that he was in "terror" and was "too scared." Later he will state that he was filled with "horror and fear." These do not appear to be brief emotions but long-term emotions. They also appear to be out-of-place in his story.

Pistorius states that he was "too scared to switch a light on." This does not make sense. Being in the dark usually adds to the stress and fear that one may be experiencing. Turning on the light so you can see what is going on usually helps to alleviate any fears.

link for full analysis: http://www.statementanalysis.com/oscar-pistorius/

Yes - i think the horror and fear are remembered emotions from later.

I'm not sure if you have read an 'analysis of op's testimony'.
Here is an excerpt. I've also posted the link below. It is interesting to read, indicating that op was deceptive in giving his testimony.
Oscar Pistorius's Testimony

An analysis by Mark McClish
Posted April 2014

(snipped)

"I got to the entrance of the bathroom, at the end of the passage, where I stopped screaming. At this point, I was certain that an intruder or intruders were there in my bathroom............

"At this point I started screaming again for Reeva to phone the police...wasn't sure where to point my firearm. I had it pointed at the toilet but my eyes were going between the window and the toilet."

At this point, SteenKamp is in the toilet behind a locked door. If she was using the bathroom or even hiding from an intruder, why did she not respond to Pistorius's scream to call the police? There is a chance she wanted to keep quiet and hide from the intruder.

http://www.statementanalysis.com/oscar-pistorius/page-two/

I'm surprised the author doesn't pick out the use of the word "scream".

What Pistorius is describing is not screaming - it is shouting. At every point, he says he is using words to convey a message ("get out of my house", "call the police" etc). This is not screaming. Screaming is usually wordless and stems from desperation and terror, or shock. It is different from yelling out orders.

Of course he used the word "scream" because Reeva was screaming and he needed to convince everyone that any "screaming" came from him.

What Pistorius is describing is not screaming - it is shouting. At every point, he says he is using words to convey a message ("get out of my house", "call the police" etc). This is not screaming. Screaming is usually wordless and stems from desperation and terror, or shock. It is different from yelling out orders.

Of course he used the word "scream" because Reeva was screaming and he needed to convince everyone that any "screaming" came from him.

Yes.

The story is basically impossible.

so true- i like how one protestor outside the court put it 'cries like a baby, screams like a woman, shoots like a soldier'.

Carl Pistorius retweeted
John Piper @JohnPiper · Nov 8

Make some choices that don’t make sense unless you will be raised from the dead. 1 Corinthians 5:19

I don't know Z if I'm just a wicked person, but I had giggle when I read that tweet. Thanks. :giggle:

OP's whole testimony was a big joke. But after Masipa's verdict and her reasoning to arrive at that verdict, I am not sure which one of them was the bigger joke!

Does anyone else think that if Nel had not boldly stated in his closing arguments that if the sentence was too light, the public might take justice into its own hands, Masipa would have felt free to hand down a non-custodial (non)sentence?

Were Nel’s barbed words a polite but very real reminder - a WARNING - of potentially grave social consequences, shall we say, not in OP’s best “interests”?

I think she was leaning heavily towards a velvet-gloves, token “sentence” (mansion arrest) ... before Nel spoke and dropped her back into hard reality.

While in her own mind she was being “merciful”, Masipa did OP no favors with her ultra-light sentence on multiple counts.

Above all, she cheapened Reeva’s life and that of every woman in SA.

She made a mockery and travesty of the law.

She essentially scolded OP, naughty boy - if you go killing another woman you’ll have to do another 10 months in VIP Prison.

I vehemently disagree with Masipa - the public has a vested interest in the sentence, as the criminal offense was against the public interest; public sentiment should carry great weight in sentencing. After all, the judiciary represents the interest of the public.

Where once vigilantism served social justice, now the rule of law must.

If SCA doesn’t do it’s job and bring down the hammer, OP may face more “challenges” than he ever bargained for when he steps outside those (safe) prison walls - real punishment.

Aha! So a judicial opinion on Facebook in support of Masipa's reasoning is acceptable, then? :)

But, seriously, I don't follow how a judge giving an opinion on another judge's verdict is detrimental to the impartiality of the judiciary. In fact, quite the reverse.

If you mean that the deference that the public should feel for the judiciary must be preserved at all costs, IMO, that is essentially an argument for not televising trials in the first place. If judges aren't subjected to the intense scrutiny that Masipa received, then, when we hear a verdict that we didn't expect, we can all carry on as normal and continue to trust and say, as we usually do, 'Well, we didn't hear all the evidence, so the Judge probably got it right'.

I agree that it probably isn't very pleasant for Masipa to know that her reasoning has been criticised by a fellow judge, but I feel that improving the quality of the judiciary should be the priority. And the scrutiny of a fellow judge or judges would, undoubtedly, serve to assist this process.

IMO, given that the trial was televised, Judge Greenwood felt obliged to speak up, as he felt that the public had been let down by the reasoning in the verdict and, on behalf of his profession, found this embarrassing. As you know, it is essential to the retention of public confidence in the process that justice should not only be done, but should undoubtedly, and manifestly, be seen to be done.

As you point out, I am hopeful that the Appeal Court judges will be sound and will look at the facts again, given the complaint about Milady's questionable handling of circumstantial evidence.

And please remember that the existence of some of Masipa's errors is more than just a matter of interpretation. I'm referring not only to the incorrect factual detail pertaining to Reeva's injuries, but, also, to Milady's statement that gunshots first was common cause. These errors are not matters of opinion - unfortunately, they were real mistakes.

Excellent post, Sherbert!

A transparent judiciary is one of the hallmarks of an open society, a genuine democracy. Secret courts and secret trials (and all the evils that go with them) are one of the hallmarks of tyranny.

Too much mischief and sins happen behind closed doors, in the dark corners of the halls of power.

Judges are not infallible and should be held to strict account if they mess up.

I cannot believe that the SCA will allow Masipa to get away with such grievous transgressions resulting in such a travesty of justice.

O/T Nico Henning trial
I hope the mods don’t mind but it's so terribly quiet here and this really looks like an interesting trial. I asked Bessie if she could open a new trial for it but said I’d wait and see if it got a start and then let her know. In any event, I won’t mention this matter again until it's ready to go. Until then I'll post a few more links so you can have a heads-up . You can also get onto You Tube - "Nico Henning" - and get to see the people involved.

Barry Bateman retweeted
EWN Reporter @ewnreporter • 30m 30 minutes ago

#ChanelleHenning Nel now tells magistrate that he has the indictment. Ask for a postponement for 15th of January.
ML

Nel wants to have this matter transferred to the High Court. The reason for the delay I believe is that further investigations are still underway. I've been researching this matter and apparently it's huge in SA.

Barry Bateman was one of the first on the scene. “It was the beginning of an almost unbelievable tale about a young mother, her estranged husband twice her age, a crooked cop, a drug addict, a former Nigerian Olympian-turned bouncer and the husband's hired private investigator. Bruyns refused to comment on widespread speculation that his client was the prime suspect in the shooting that has transfixed the nation". Nico is a multimillionaire.
http://ewn.co.za/2012/11/08/OPINION-Chanelle-Henning-a-year-after-her-murder

http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-courts/i-don-t-know-why-she-was-killed-1.1181935#.VGRtFixxnBx

A very comprehensive outline of the story is to be found on Facebook, Remembrance for Chanelle Henning in the second entry dated 25 November 2013 … “See more”
https://www.facebook.com/pages/In-Remembrance-of-Chanelle-Henning/296024703754811

THANK YOU so much for this info and great links, Judi! :D

I'm also extremely interested in the Nico Henning case (especially as our dear Nel is at the helm!) and hope the mods set up a dedicated trial thread.

Does anyone else think that if Nel had not boldly stated in his closing arguments that if the sentence was too light, the public might take justice into its own hands, Masipa would have felt free to hand down a non-custodial (non)sentence?

Were Nel’s barbed words a polite but very real reminder - a WARNING - of potentially grave social consequences, shall we say, not in OP’s best “interests”?

I think she was leaning heavily towards a velvet-gloves, token “sentence” (mansion arrest) ... before Nel spoke and dropped her back into hard reality.

While in her own mind she was being “merciful”, Masipa did OP no favors with her ultra-light sentence on multiple counts.

Above all, she cheapened Reeva’s life and that of every woman in SA.

She made a mockery and travesty of the law.

She essentially scolded OP, naughty boy - if you go killing another woman you’ll have to do another 10 months in VIP Prison.

I vehemently disagree with Masipa - the public has a vested interest in the sentence, as the criminal offense was against the public interest; public sentiment should carry great weight in sentencing. After all, the judiciary represents the interest of the public.

Where once vigilantism served social justice, now the rule of law must.

If SCA doesn’t do it’s job and bring down the hammer, OP may face more “challenges” than he ever bargained for when he steps outside those (safe) prison walls - real punishment.

:goodpost:

Yep, the whole 'naughty boy' thing made me sick to my stomach, I don't know where Masipa's heads at. Surely she's presided over cases with even younger men and didn't take that approach with them? I mean, when does she believe a boy becomes a man and accountable for his actions? 30, 40? :floorlaugh: :rolleyes:

So it sounds as though Pistorius was also prone to shouting at his "brother" Frankie Chiziweni.

As someone who wrote extensively about the trial and travelled to South Africa to report on it for the Telegraph, I was surprised, for instance, to hear that Pistorius had berated his housekeeper, a Malawian man named Frankie Chiziweni, in front of an American television crew. The team had arrived at Pistorius’s Pretoria home while the athlete was out, in advance of filming. But when the sprinter arrived home, he launched into a furious four-letter tirade against his housekeeper.
“With the cameraman and sound-man looking on, he screamed 'What the f--- are you doing? Have I not told you a thousand f------ times to close that garage door? Are you f------ mad?’ ” writes Carlin. It is a telling insight into the tempestuous nature of Pistorius.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/...Why-did-Oscar-Pistorius-pull-the-trigger.html

Another crybaby whiner. He and prison buddy Oz ought to get along famously.

Oscar, Krejcir train together
http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/Oscar_Pistorius/Oscar-Krejcir-train-together-20141113

Why, yes, I am replying to my own post! :lol: :D

The story above proves that National Commissioner of Correctional Services Zach Modise was a highly credible witness, telling the truth about SA prisons.

By Krejcir's own documented account, the prison does respond to requests and complaints.

Goaded by his new cellmate, Oz is probably drafting his first bitter complaint as we speak ... if he can stop crying long enough. LOL

Pistorius had berated his housekeeper, a Malawian man named Frankie Chiziweni, in front of an American television crew. The team had arrived at Pistorius’s Pretoria home while the athlete was out, in advance of filming. But when the sprinter arrived home, he launched into a furious four-letter tirade against his housekeeper.

“With the cameraman and sound-man looking on, he screamed 'What the f--- are you doing? Have I not told you a thousand f------ times to close that garage door? Are you f------ mad?’ ” writes Carlin. It is a telling insight into the tempestuous nature of Pistorius.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/...Why-did-Oscar-Pistorius-pull-the-trigger.html

If OP’s anger/control issues flared regularly in public, can you imagine what he’s like in private - what he was like with Reeva?

No wonder poor Frankie was MIA the night of Feb 14 - he was probably terrified of OP.

[Author John Carlin] also speaks to former teachers at his tough, public school-style boarding college, Pretoria Boys’ High School – where an incident is recounted in which the headmaster fears for his pupil’s sanity after winning gold at the Athens Paralympics, setting a new world record at the age of 17. “I was exceptionally worried about how he would cope,” Bill Schroder, the headmaster, told Carlin. “All the more so because I realised that we in school were the only ones to give him his bearings.”

... He also writes about Pistorius’s life during the trial; how he was a semi-recluse, residing in a cottage at the bottom of Arnold’s garden, where a framed picture of Steenkamp “looking down on the room like a Virgin Mary in a Catholic Church” hung over the interior door. The portrait of Pistorius is sympathetic – a man hounded by regret over the shooting, and who was deemed by his uncle to be at such risk of suicide that he briefed the entire family to keep watch on him.

If OP’s anger/control issues flared regularly in public, can you imagine what he’s like in private - what he was like with Reeva?

No wonder poor Frankie was MIA the night of Feb 14 - he was probably terrified of OP.
He really was a nasty foul-tempered piece of work. Who was it who described him as 'gentle' and 'humble' and 'kind'? The guy's a nutter. I'm surprised he did all this when he knew he was being filmed though, seeing as his public image was so important to him. Maybe he thought he came across as a "man" or something.

I don't know Z if I'm just a wicked person, but I had giggle when I read that tweet. Thanks. :giggle:

I'm probably the only poster here who doesn't understand that quotation. Perhaps if I did, I would giggle along with you. lol

I'm probably the only poster here who doesn't understand that quotation. Perhaps if I did, I would giggle along with you. lol

Nope.................your not alone...............gobbledegook to me as well :)

Another crybaby whiner. He and prison buddy Oz ought to get along famously.

Oscar, Krejcir train together
http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/Oscar_Pistorius/Oscar-Krejcir-train-together-20141113

Czech fugitive Radovan Krejcir .................................
"I experience these actions as a personal attack directed to me and believe this to be an infringement on my human and constitutional rights, not to mention that these actions are unfounded, unfair and psychological and emotional torture," he wrote.
"This complaint should not be construed as an attitude of disrespect and or aimed as a personal attack on the members of this facility, however, I trust that you would appreciate the inhumane manner in which I am treated."

What exactly is this 'person' in jail for ?.

Is he being 'heard' because he has money?
What about the 'human rights' and 'inhumane manner' the other poor/penniless inmates are going through and being treated?
They and him are all in there for a reason IMO.
So can someone please send him a text and tell him to do his time for being a miscreant and STFU cos we ain't listening...............you too Oscar stop with the sobbing and wailing ffs you'll be out by xmas..................................2029.
I can hear your pitiful wailing from here in the UK fgs.....................just like Reeva's screams when you executed her !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mt.Grannie