Post sentencing discussion and the upcoming appeal

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In another thread I posted these
Check this one out too, it shows the little lounge beyond the stairs where Reeva was found and there appears to be nothing obviously amiss.
Click image for larger version.

View attachment 62646

The real pic had much more chaos to show, if I'm right.

and the original state : With the booze cabinet too?

Click image for larger version.

View attachment 62647

Don't know if this was a crime scene photo or not but I think it looks messy, has the same guitar and what looks like a broken trophy?

View attachment 62648

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-night-of-Feb-13-2013&p=10925388#post10925388

see original for better pics.

The real pic showed much more chaos, if I'm right.

This is an audio only recording of Magistrate Desmond Nair reading out his reasons why OP was granted bail. ...

Thanks SO much for this.

It was fascinating to listen to, especially now being on the other side of the verdict and sentencing, and currently awaiting appeal. I would have loved it if it had been televised, but, oh, well.

I'm BEGGING someone to explain something to me.

On or about 1:50:00, Judge Nair said, "The accused has shown tendencies of aggression. It is not in dispute that he used foul language and threatened to conduct himself in a violent manner. It is not in dispute that he threatened to break someone's legs. It is not in dispute that, further, the accused caused his friend to try to manipulate a complainant into not taking a matter further."

If the judge at the bail hearing accepted these things as "not in dispute," how could they subsequently be disputed and even denied during the trial?

One example during the trial:

Nel: Have you ever threatened to break anyone's legs?
OP: "No."
Nel: But you've heard that someone has said that you did?

What's the legality of that?

The real pic showed much more chaos, if I'm right.

At the time nobody could find a different pic to disprove that the claims were perhaps exaggerated. I wanted the big chaotic scene of broken stuff but could only find this. It does show a broken trophy.
small-downstairs-lounge (1).jpg

Does it mean the cops interpreted this as an argument or is this even the crime scene photo? I don't know but I would like full evidence photos to judge myself. I don't think this is the main game for evidence anyway there were more signs of chaos just upstairs. IMHO

Attachments

• small-downstairs-lounge.jpg
    small-downstairs-lounge.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 149
~rsbm~

I didn't realise the trophies actually were, either .. up until now I had only seen links to media reports that suggest they were but which might've been 'sensationalizing' after the event with no basis in truth. I hadn't realised there had been a police source who had actually stated so (from Judgejudi's post: 'One police source said: ‘We don’t know why the trophies were all over the floor. You would think Oscar would take good care of them and have them on shelves or in cabinets. One had been wrecked and they were in an untidy mess. What really matters is that Oscar fired four shots at Reeva and killed her’”. ' http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/lat...rius-trophies-were-strewn-all-over-death-flat

So then, why wasn't that person made to testify at the trial, and why aren't there any photos of those trophies? I know that the media does make some stuff up/gets things wrong, but would they actually make up a quote like that from someone who never really existed?

I don't know. Maybe because there was no way to prove that there was any connection?

I suppose the defense would probably say that the dogs got loose and knocked them off the shelves and pushed them around on the floor.

Nevertheless, I'm sure a lot of us/ some of us/ only me suspect there is a connection, anyway.

Does anyone have any theories? (Who, what, when, where, how?)

A case of big-noting or something else?

The mayor of the town of Gemona del Friuli, Italy that allegedly built OP a house and purpose-built sporting facilities is considering legal action but it’s unclear as to whether it would be against OP. He said the claims were "completely baseless".

A magazine interview with OP creates the opposite impression.

The issue surrounding the house came up during an assessment in court on whether he was a flight risk.

In the magazine interview OP said, "I have for the past two years had a house in Gemona, Italy. I stay there for four months a year because it is where I practise. My house is nestled in the mountains, where it is quiet and peaceful."

The mayor and his office strongly denied this, saying it was "not true that the mayor has offered or built him a house". The mayor said as far as he knew, he didn’t have a house in that town at all and that every time he visited, he booked into a hotel.

He said claims that a track and gymnasium had been built specifically for him were also untrue and that when he’s in Gemona, he trains at the municipal sports centre built a few decades ago.

http://www.timeslive.co.za/thetimes/2013/02/26/oscar-vs-mayor

I just finished listening to the bail hearing that PrimeSuspect so graciously provided the "video" to, above. The talked about this in there in re: OP as a flight risk. The part I remember is Nair saying that OP said he had a house In Italy. Then the judge questioned/admonished the State for not having contacted Interpol to try to determine whether OP actually had a house in Italy or not.

Thanks SO much for this.

It was fascinating to listen to, especially now being on the other side of the verdict and sentencing, and currently awaiting appeal. I would have loved it if it had been televised, but, oh, well.

I'm BEGGING someone to explain something to me.

On or about 1:50:00, Judge Nair said, "The accused has shown tendencies of aggression. It is not in dispute that he used foul language and threatened to conduct himself in a violent manner. It is not in dispute that he threatened to break someone's legs. It is not in dispute that, further, the accused caused his friend to try to manipulate a complainant into not taking a matter further."

If the judge at the bail hearing accepted these things as "not in dispute," how could they subsequently be disputed and even denied during the trial?

One example during the trial:

Nel: Have you ever threatened to break anyone's legs?
OP: "No."
Nel: But you've heard that someone has said that you did?

What's the story on this?
BBM

It's described in Behind the Door: The Oscar Pistorius and Reeva Steenkamp Story
By Mandy Wiener, Barry Bateman

In the extract scroll down to the The Lioness' Legacy, 6th page. I suppose it could be dismissed as hearsay.

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=...lved in previous aggressive incidents&f=false

Wow I hope this sets the law straight, I was dumbfounded when the murder charge was dropped.
Thanks for your excellent work Mr F.

I've been watching the trial over again and... ...UNbeleivable, just Unbelievable... in light of where things went after that.

I was reading Lisa's (Juror13) new book that she co-authored (the name of which has escaped me, faster than OP wants to escape from Kgosi Mampuru). In it, she reflects on the verdict, going section-by-section.

Since the day Masipa read it, I haven't been able to seriously think about until now. It's just as bad as remember, No, actually it's worse. I'm not exaggerating when I tell you that, if you taught some 6th or 7th graders some basic SA law, let them watch the whole trial, and asked them to decide up and create their own judgement document, it would probably be close to, if not better than, Masipa, et al's.

That document is beyond horrible. It's beyond a train wreck. It's absolutely inexplicable to me. On every level, every which way my mind tries to go trying to make sense of any of it, I just give up. There is absolutely no accounting for her logic, conclusions, style of writing, interpretation of the law, anything.

There is just something so wrong with the whole picture.

I'd be beside myself if there wasn't going to be an appeal, which, Thank-you, Mr. Fossil, for providing the up-date on!

We never did find out much about the trophies.

Published 17th March 2013

“… the amputee runner’s prized trophies were strewn across the floor when officers arrived – and some were damaged. Investigators believe this may point to a row.

Officers are trying to establish whether the awards might have ended up around his home during an alleged dispute.

One police source said: ‘We don’t know why the trophies were all over the floor. You would think Oscar would take good care of them and have them on shelves or in cabinets. One had been wrecked and they were in an untidy mess. What really matters is that Oscar fired four shots at Reeva and killed her’”.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/lat...rius-trophies-were-strewn-all-over-death-flat

That OP's "prized trophies were strewn across the floor when officers arrived - some were damaged", was false, i.e. A MYTH, the same as the rumour that Reeva's head an body showed signs of having been battered by the cricket bat before being shot, the same as the OP's steroid taking that made this a roidrage crime, that later turned into the testesterone rage crime, which later turned out be simply herbal remedy called Testis Compositum, the same as... well the same as so many things about this case which has been the gift that keeps on giving for the media!

Just found:

OscarMental.jpg

shelly lightfoot ‏@shellylightfoo1 37 Min.Vor 37 Minuten Kleinmond

#oscarpistorius gerrie nel and npa

That OP's "prized trophies were strewn across the floor when officers arrived - some were damaged", was false, i.e. A MYTH, the same as the rumour that Reeva's head an body showed signs of having been battered by the cricket bat before being shot, the same as the OP's steroid taking that made this a roidrage crime, that later turned into the testesterone rage crime, which later turned out be simply herbal remedy called Testis Compositum, the same as... well the same as so many things about this case which has been the gift that keeps on giving for the media!

Okay, but then I want to know today: Who was able to determine, that it really was a myth???

From http://www.theguardian.com/world/bl...istorius-bail-hearing-day-three-live-coverage

4.07pm GMT Nel is trying to make the point that even if you plan a murder you can still be struck by remorse afterwards. Pistorius dropped the gun after firing, Nel says.

Nel suggests that the gun is immediately put down after firing because OP realises what he has done. Is this why OP's version in court becomes that he searched the bedroom, opened the curtains, blinds and balcony doors, yelled help (all on his stumps and in the dark), kicked, barged and pulled at the toilet door, and fetched the cricket bat (still dark) ... all with a cocked gun in his hand? He only put it down briefly to put on his prostheses.

Mr. F., I want to understand this.

I get the part about Nel thinking OP dropped the gun in the bathroom ager he fired. But why would that mean that he had to do all those other things?

You're a weeks, days, hours, minutes, and seconds kind of guy (i.e., expert), so is it about time? Is there time that he had to account for?

"...which has been the gift that keeps on giving for the media!" LOL

The National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) said it will file papers for leave to appeal this week in the Oscar Pistorius trial, even though, as was initially thought, there is no deadline.

http://citizen.co.za/268559/npa-confirm-oscar-appeal/

No prescribed deadline for the state to appeal the conviction, but last day to appeal the sentence is tomorrow, Tuesday.

I think the NPA have hinted they aim to land both on the bench together.

I'm excited but nervous to see any papers, if and when they are released.

(At the risk of being a broken record, procedures for state appeal set out here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?260259-Post-sentencing-discussion&p=11147211#post11147211)

I didn't "get it" until I hit "reply with quote" and read this, which doesn't appear in the post, for me.

helly lightfoot ‏@shellylightfoo1 37 Min.Vor 37 Minuten Kleinmond
#oscarpistorius gerrie nel and npa

That being said, I really look forward to the company. My family took up permanent residency there, long ago.

//not sarcasm//

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member