Post sentencing discussion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Robyn Curnow ‏@RobynCurnowCNN
Arnold Pistorius on the appeal: we take note of the announcement made by the state. Legal process must take it's course #OscarPistorius

You may find these 2 articles interesting:-

"These were big red flags for me and I was quite surprised that no-one in the media or in his management team condemned it publicly," says Joffe. "He was showing a spoilt-brat attitude that came out a year later at the Paralympics [in 2012] when he embarrassed the country."

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-26628573

This last article was written by Graeme Joffe who co-owned a racehorse with OP, a must read.

"The trials and tribulations of Oscar Pistorius (boating accident, assaults, threats) have been well documented but each time they would quickly disappear and almost treated as not a big deal. The youngster needed professional help but while he was making money for those around him, it didn’t seem to matter."

"Oscar shouldn’t have been at the Olympics in London in the first place - he didn’t qualify but pressure from sponsors and politics made sure he was selected. We will leave the dirty laundry for another day, but would be interesting to know who was paid or promised what to make sure Oscar was at the Olympics."

http://www.sport24.co.za/Columnists/GraemeJoffe/Who-is-the-real-Oscar-20130218

I've read all these before, but thank you. The BBC interview is on the list. OP shouldn't have gone to the Olympics because he didn't have the best times. There was another athlete who had beaten OP's times on numerous occasions but he was dropped from the team in favour of OP. It was a political decision. How grossly unfair is that.

Yes, here is the link http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/O...-Oscar-sentencing-conviction-reports-20141027
Thank goodness for this. Apart from anything else, the courts need clarification on Masipa's Judgment. My personal feeling is that Masipa's conclusions on matters of fact are so perverse that nothing but a civil prosecution will clarify these. Maybe the Steenkamps will take heart from the NPA decision.

Maybe Mr Fossil could send his research to the Steenkamps or their lawyer, De Bruyn.

If they win the case, would it be a debt against OP that he would have to pay later or would family have to find the money to pay? I wonder how much money was associated with that USB stick - offshore? I can't believe that OP is broke.

Yesterday David Dadic said things were awry with either the Steenkamps or their lawyers. I said it was possibly because they had been told that the State were going to appeal. Well that was a good guess. I feel sorry for them that they're going to have to revisit this all over again but I'm ecstatic for all of us here and for the women of South Africa.

As Uncle Arnold has said on so many occasions, lest we forget, As LIGHT destroy DARKNESS, TRUTH will destroy the EVIL.

Of course the terms of this site don't permit us to sleuth personal details of other parties. I can say that I haven't found any reputable source that confirms a relationship, but I don't have access to SA BMD records.

I have chosen to delete my comments. Of course some of them have been repeated by respondents but unfortunately there is little I can do about that. If the respondent wishes to delete it is up to them.

Erin Bates ‏@erinmarisabates 5 mins5 minutes ago
#OscarTrial #OscarSentencing "The appeal on conviction is based on the question of law," said NPA's Nathi Mncube in a statement @eNCAnews

Well it's now supper time for Oscar. It may cause a lump in his throat today.

I've read all these before, but thank you. The BBC interview is on the list. OP shouldn't have gone to the Olympics because he didn't have the best times. There was another athlete who had beaten OP's times on numerous occasions but he was dropped from the team in favour of OP. It was a political decision. How grossly unfair is that.

Here is an article with some details about the guy who drew the short straw. It appears the measured with 2 different standards. I read somewhere since then he is doing quite well, but it was definitely a big blow to his potential career.
http://www.iol.co.za/sport/more-sport/oscar-s-inclusion-cost-magakwe-dearly-1.1487532#.VE5RKiKG-Sp

THE NPA WILL APPEAL

BREAKING: NPA says it plans to appeal the #OscarTrial conviction and sentence. #OscarPistorius
— News24 (@News24) October 27, 2014

More details to follow here as soon as they are available...

:drama: :fireworks: :fireworks2:

Appealing conviction and sentence. All our :christmastree: have come at once

Woohoo!!

:fireworks: :fireworks: :fireworks:

Radio 702 will interview James Grant at 5pm which is about 45 minutes from now.

702.co.za

OK everyone Professor James Grant will be interviewed on radio 702 in just over 30 mins. Maybe he may tell us about his meeting with Nell. Here is the link:- http://702.co.za/

At top of page you'll find "listen here".

Just heard interview will be repeated after 5pm SA time, in about 40 min from now.

Hi Estelle, just saw yr post above :)

Robyn Curnow ‏@RobynCurnowCNN
Arnold Pistorius on the appeal: we take note of the announcement made by the state. Legal process must take it's course #OscarPistorius

Uncle Arnold taking soundbite tips from Annette Vergeer? :hilarious:

It is 4:20pm in SA, Professor Grant interview on radio 702 has been pushed back until after 5. He must be busy lol as they last announced he would be on just after 4.

Carl Pistorius @carlpistorius · 8 Sek. Vor 8 Sekunden

1/3 As far as I'm aware the NPA can only appeal the legal rationale applied in determining judgement, they can't appeal on grounds sentence.
0 Antworten 0 Retweets 0 Favoriten

Uncle Arnold taking soundbite tips from Annette Vergeer? :hilarious:

So I am assuming that this State Appeal will not cost OP any money as he does not have to be represented by a lawyer. Is that correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay