Post sentencing discussion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Carl Pistorius @carlpistorius · 1 Min. Vor 1 Minute

3/3 accused 4 the charges originally alleged. It's a sensitive case, the judge would have sought counsel. Be calm and see what happens.
0 Antworten 6 Retweets 6 Favoriten
Carl Pistorius @carlpistorius · 3 Min. Vor 3 Minuten

2/3 In addition to that, a current Supreme Court of Appeals ruling states that they can only appeal upon the acquittal of the...
0 Antworten 3 Retweets 0 Favoriten

All Things CrimeBlog and 5 others follow
kalikrome ‏@Kalikrome 13m13 minutes ago

~ he (Nel) said it in his closing: "this matter is far from over" I'm expecting a ferocious appeal..... #OscarPistorius

Yesterday David Dadic said things were awry with either the Steenkamps or their lawyers. I said it was possibly because they had been told that the State were going to appeal. Well that was a good guess. I feel sorry for them that they're going to have to revisit this all over again but I'm ecstatic for all of us here and for the women of South Africa.

As Uncle Arnold has said on so many occasions, lest we forget, As LIGHT destroy DARKNESS, TRUTH will destroy the EVIL.

Not sure about appeal being reason, I interpreted Dadics post re Steenkamps referring to the way media covered the extracts from her book, in particular the intimate revelations. Possibly more directed to the reactions on social media - there was some disgusting comments from OP supporters . . . and/or adressing Batemans tweet with Oscars whatsapp ?

I feel - and hope for them - the Steenkamps won't be too unhappy with the appeal. At least they don't have to attend, and it's not public held court sessions. At least that is how I understood.

I very much hope your last BIB will backfire heavily on them !

And YES, it's a decision of huge importance for women in SA !!!

In reply to Carl Pistorius
Andrea Hennebichler ‏@AndreaAHO11 3m3 minutes ago

@carlpistorius the political pressure on the NPA must be immense. I will be calm and by your side @AimeePistorius and @OscarPistoriu

I am so happy to hear this:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-29786011

South African prosecutors say they are going to appeal against the conviction and sentence given to athlete Oscar Pistorius for killing his girlfriend........

The BBC's Pumza Fihlani, who followed the athlete's trial, says the prosecution's grounds for appeal may lie with how the judge interpreted dolus eventualis.

The judge's critics have argued that dolus eventualis includes the possibility of meaning to kill one person and ending up killing another, our correspondent says.......

Carl Pistorius @carlpistorius · 1 Min. Vor 1 Minute

3/3 accused 4 the charges originally alleged. It's a sensitive case, the judge would have sought counsel. Be calm and see what happens.
0 Antworten 6 Retweets 6 Favoriten
Carl Pistorius @carlpistorius · 3 Min. Vor 3 Minuten

2/3 In addition to that, a current Supreme Court of Appeals ruling states that they can only appeal upon the acquittal of the...
0 Antworten 3 Retweets 0 Favoriten

Well, they have good reason to be more than worried . . . and I don't see Masipa rejecting leave to appeal (that would be MY worry !), it would be far too embarassing and cause just more outrage

In reply to Carl Pistorius
Andrea Hennebichler ‏@AndreaAHO11 3m3 minutes ago

@carlpistorius the political pressure on the NPA must be immense. I will be calm and by your side @AimeePistorius and @OscarPistoriu

Though not from Carl . . but talking about pressure is incredulous. I don't write down what I am thinking :tantrum:

I have chosen to delete my comments. Of course some of them have been repeated by respondents but unfortunately there is little I can do about that. If the respondent wishes to delete it is up to them.

Don't worry, I wasn't referring to recent posts. Estelle said that she had had some posts on the subject deleted by mods a long way back, and I meant that the no-sleuthing rule was probably the reason.

Well, they have good reason to be more than worried . . . and I don't see Masipa rejecting leave to appeal (that would be MY worry !), it would be far too embarassing and cause just more outrage

I believe, even if JM objects, an appeal can still be made to the Supreme Court.

I am so happy to hear this:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-29786011

South African prosecutors say they are going to appeal against the conviction and sentence given to athlete Oscar Pistorius for killing his girlfriend........

The BBC's Pumza Fihlani, who followed the athlete's trial, says the prosecution's grounds for appeal may lie with how the judge interpreted dolus eventualis.

The judge's critics have argued that dolus eventualis includes the possibility of meaning to kill one person and ending up killing another, our correspondent says.......

BBC getting it wrong again. We used to be proud of the BBC, now it's a continual embarrassment.

"Pistorius was charged by the prosecution with the pre-meditated murder of Ms Steenkamp, a model and law graduate. He was acquitted of this and the lesser murder charge of dolus eventualis."

No, he was just charged with murder. There is only one type of murder charge in SA. How many more times. :facepalm:

BBC getting it wrong again. We used to be proud of the BBC, now it's a continual embarrassment.

"Pistorius was charged by the prosecution with the pre-meditated murder of Ms Steenkamp, a model and law graduate. He was acquitted of this and the lesser murder charge of dolus eventualis."

No, he was just charged with murder. There is only one type of murder charge in SA. How many more times. :facepalm:

Yes, premeditation from what I read is only for bail & sentencing

Aimee Joy Pistorius @AimeePistorius · 22 Std. Vor 22 Stunden

The invasion of personal details & intimacies is not relevant, acceptable or respectful #enoughisenough

Nothing new to the top theme ......................

.. blowing someone brains out isn't acceptable or respectful either, but where is the anger from her towards her brother about that?

If she agrees to it, it won't be her presiding over it again, will it? (please someone, tell me it won't be so! :praying: )

As I understood she has to be adressed for leave to appeal, but if rejected state can go to Supreme Court directly (as IB wrote above)

I rely on Prof Grant, he will explain all the details to us :)

My power's cutting out and my house is falling down (again). But coming back from the dog walk and seeing this good news has made my day. An appeal is the right decision, in my opinion.

Hello, Zwiebel, meine Liebe!

Your vacation and relaxing will come to an end, I fear. Are you prepared to work again on this special case?

If she agrees to it, it won't be her presiding over it again, will it? (please someone, tell me it won't be so! :praying: )

I'm sure it's supposed to be 5 judges that hear the appeal and Judge Masipa wouldn't be taking part in that process. I'm not too sure if even Nel or Roux get to appear as it's effectively just pouring over what's down in the court papers. I of course may be completely wrong though :blush:

So I am assuming that this State Appeal will not cost OP any money as he does not have to be represented by a lawyer. Is that correct?

I wouldn't imagine so as it's the state who are starting the process. If it had went the other way and OP was convicted of murder and given a hefty sentence then I'd presume it would have cost him money for lawyers then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay