Post Verdict - Ross Harris Trial

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I went back and re-watched Ross and Leanna's meeting at Cobb HQ, this time with the assumption that Ross was guilty of everything. A couple of things stood out.

First, Ross seems obsessed with how Leanna first learned of Cooper's death. This ties back to his frantic attempts, at the crime scene, to tell her to "stay at Little Apron." That never made sense, but watching him, with the presumption of guilt, it seems like a cornerstone of his "plan" was making sure Leanna told law enforcement his story - that it was an accident.

He seems bored and almost uncomfortable with her presence - when her head is in his lap, he seems to be looking around the room thinking "...when is this chick gonna leave?" Anytime she tries to talk about anything other than "I know it was an accident," he starts doing his hyper-ventilation thing and talking about how Cooper is telling Jesus to check out Ross's killer riffs in the church band. After her plea to Stoddard to let Ross walk, Ross is clearly finished with her and is like "...yea, whatever, I'll be fine."

Some little things I never noticed before:

1) Leanna, on the stand, explained that she was in a state of shock and denial and only knew it would be "real" once she entered their house. Ross, at Cobb, says "...I just want to go home."

2) Ross says something about laying on his cell cot and wondering exactly when Cooper "passed." Seems an odd thought, in general, but particularly interesting if one assumes Ross knew Cooper was alive after lunch.

3) When he goes into his "advocate" speech, Leanna seems to stare at him like "WTF?"

4) Maybe it's a religious thing that I don't understand, but what's with Ross saying that he "WOULDN'T" bring Cooper back, if he could (because he's in a better place), and then immediately going into his "what have I done" mantra. Which is it - are you happy he's in Heaven or upset because you sent him there?

I can't recall if this has been asked, but has it been established that Cooper was Ross's biological son?

Fantastic post, MrX.
IIRC, Leanna said she wouldn't bring Cooper back either.

I've always had a problem with that statement, & with both parents saying it...

There are lots of good people who want Cooper to be remembered forever, complete strangers coming together to help is very heartwarming , and to think, if not for their goodness & generosity this sweet angel would have an unmarked grave. [emoji172][emoji324]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is nothing I would feel unless my child had been suffering horribly but it's not telling of a statement coming from the mother.

A very good friend lost her daughter at two after heart surgery and she said really odd things for a while and acted accepting. Her daughter was in a better place, it was OK because judgement was soon and it wouldn't be a year before everyone was back together. Kept a picture of her on the back of the toilet. I went along with it all but was weirded out. She just needed to process it for a long time and her brain protected her from the full impact so she could still function. She had tried very hard to save her daughter and wasn't a religious fanatic eager to let her go. I asked about the picture on the toilet and she said since she didn't get to have her with her she got to remember her wherever she wanted. True.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

Yes - and Leanna said next time it happens, I'm gone.
The women who say "next time I'm gone" generally say the same thing when it happens again. Like tomorrow, the "next time" never comes.

If she were going to leave him, she would have left him the *first* time.

ETA I'm obviously way behind!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

That is nothing I would feel unless my child had been suffering horribly but it's not telling of a statement coming from the mother.

A very good friend lost her daughter at two after heart surgery and she said really odd things for a while and acted accepting. Her daughter was in a better place, it was OK because judgement was soon and it wouldn't be a year before everyone was back together. Kept a picture of her on the back of the toilet. I went along with it all but was weirded out. She just needed to process it for a long time and her brain protected her from the full impact so she could still function. She had tried very hard to save her daughter and wasn't a religious fanatic eager to let her go. I asked about the picture on the toilet and she said since she didn't get to have her with her she got to remember her wherever she wanted. True.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

:welcome:

to

Websleuths,

:cheer:Poppy_Petal !!!:cheer:

We're glad you're here!!

:party:

When Ross and Leanna finish their meeting, Stoddard re-iterates that Ross, at that point, is being charged with Child Cruelty. Ross is then taken away to be photographed. Directly after that, Ross is charged with murder. Was it ever revealed what happened in that short span of time to escalate the charges? I can only assume that detectives were watching and replaying Ross and Leanna's interaction and something in their demeanor set off a red flag?

When Ross and Leanna finish their meeting, Stoddard re-iterates that Ross, at that point, is being charged with Child Cruelty. Ross is then taken away to be photographed. Directly after that, Ross is charged with murder. Was it ever revealed what happened in that short span of time to escalate the charges? I can only assume that detectives were watching and replaying Ross and Leanna's interaction and something in their demeanor set off a red flag?

No, I don't think it has ever been said what happened between that time. If I remember correctly, his official charges of murder came down later in the night (11 o'clock? or am I subliminally channeling my bedtime?) I don't think anything changed other than police watching the recordings. I'm pretty sure they were leaning towards murder from the moment the interview with Ross concluded. I think they went into the interview knowing already they were booking him at the very least for child cruelty and negligent homicide.

And little Cooper's mother did nothing?? Damm.

Makes one wonder if she indeed had knowledge of Ross Harris's plans. Unbelievable...almost.

Good riddance to both his parents. Poor little beautiful boy. Grrrrr.

I don't know if she contributed anything, I don't think so. I spoke to Leanna and it seems to have been a financial hardship and she was praying for help and was so grateful when people came to her offering to help.

I don't think she was involved in Cooper's death, but I think she suffers from the same mindset other family members of Ross's have suffered from "out of sight, out of mind."

And a special, "Nice to 'see' you, Nymeria!!" ;)

Tonight at 10 pm -Dateline, on NBC, special on Ross Harris trial.

"A friend and a relative of Ross Harris speak out about the case"

I'm watching now, too.
Thanks for the reminder, Bently!

It's not lookin' good for our boy Ross... LE is suspicious... he's not going home.... (and he's still not home)

Dr. Diamond is on with the usual spiel. He did mention a recent case of his where a mom forgot her child in the span of one block.

This from a Ross Harris supporter, not verbatim but close:

"Anybody can forget a child.." (or similar)

I never did -- I dropped him off, went to work, and picked him up five days a week for several years. And now I have grandchildren, and I've never had them in my car (my husband's car has the car-seats -- both of us in it with two very precious and jabbering little girls), but the world can believe that if I ever do, I WILL have reminders -- like leaving my pocketbook in the back seat with them and having a reminder on my steering wheel. Yes, both.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Just not buyin' it, Ross. Sleep well.

watching Dateline special now---seems like they are going to sympathize with Ross---

Just finished watching Dateline. Although I personally think it was fairly well-balanced, it was unfortunate that we weren't given first-hand accounts on the pro-guilt side (similar to Cousin Katie and BFF Billy who represented the "innocent" faction) other than the interview of the prosecution team. The host of the show (can't remember her name) did say that no jury member would agree to talk on camera and I can only imagine that other individuals who were contacted also refused.

Also, I'd never seen the dashcam footage from the shopping center where JRH pulled over once he "discovered" Cooper's body. There is a moment where he wails in the backseat of the police car followed by immediate quiet calmness. It's pretty chilling.

Oh, and snippets of the interrogation tapes were played however Dateline included subtitles for those clips which made Harris's words resonate even more than before for me. For example, this:

attachment.php

"I went to work. As if he wasn't even in the back."

While this isn't blatantly incriminating it is suspicious IMO (I never even noticed the strange turn of phrase on previous viewings). "As if he wasn't even in the back" sounds pre-conceived, as though it came from a plan of some sort (to my ears).

Anyway, if anyone missed the original airing here's where I watched the episode:

http://www.nbc.com/dateline/video/unimaginable/3458271

Attachments

• screenshot 1 resize.jpg
    screenshot 1 resize.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 142
Oh, also - the host did the drive from Chik-Fil-a to The Treehouse. The whole time I was thinking, "NCTeacher already did this like a month ago and with way more detail! Where were you then, Dateline?" :D

Quote from the above picture with the detective.
"Ross: I went to work. As if he wasn't even in the back."

We know you did Ross, it's called murder!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member