Post your PROFILE

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just found one of those lists. Reports of john's being crazy, abusive, stealing, attempted rape are all over. The list I reviewed was for NYC/LI. You need to have a paid membership to view details. As per Astro's comment, I will not post the link.
Yeah I've heard of these lists too. Working girls over here in the UK sometimes call them 'Ugly Mug' lists

@astrokitty
Two of the girls, it would seem, intentionally left their cell phones behind and headed off without leaving any specific info of where/with who they were going. Any idea why they would leave their phones behind?

@astrokitty
Two of the girls, it would seem, intentionally left their cell phones behind and headed off without leaving any specific info of where/with who they were going. Any idea why they would leave their phones behind?

That's very odd that they'd leave their cell phones behind. Logically, how would they inform their date that they were arriving? Did they have a work phone? Some people have a regular cell phone and then a prepaid cell. That's very weird to me that they'd leave their cell phones behind when there's just standard protocol. Things happen and there's no rhyme or reason, but 2 victims both leaving their cells behind is just weird.

Because I don't know much about this case: IE nothing - can anyone break down a short list?

Victims
Ages
arrested before for sex crimes?
addictions (if so - what)
Did they drive to meet their dates?
How did they get there?

TIA

@astrokitty

Yeah, because he offered ALC five times her going rate, probably providing half up front ($600), and then after killing her taking his money back. Plus she was a heroin addict. That's an important thing to remember.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

That's very odd that they'd leave their cell phones behind. Logically, how would they inform their date that they were arriving? Did they have a work phone? Some people have a regular cell phone and then a prepaid cell. That's very weird to me that they'd leave their cell phones behind when there's just standard protocol. Things happen and there's no rhyme or reason, but 2 victims both leaving their cells behind is just weird.

Because I don't know much about this case: IE nothing - can anyone break down a short list?

Victims
Ages
How did they get there?

TIA

I'll try to help the best I can. I know a lot about this case yet I can easily screw up what I'm trying to say so hope this helps. I will also give the abbreviations we use for each girl to shorten their names.

Maureen Brainard-Barnes, 25, of Norwich, Connecticut, was a prostitute who advertised her services online. She was last seen on July 9, 2007-MBB

Melissa Barthelemy, 24, of Erie County, New York, went missing on July 10, 2009-MB

Megan Waterman, 22, of South Portland, Maine, went missing on June 6, 2010-MW

Amber Lynn Costello, 27, of North Babylon, New York, a town ten miles north of Gilgo Beach. She was a prostitute and a heroin user, and went missing on September 2, 2010-ALC

Yeah, because he offered ALC five times her going rate, probably providing half up front ($600), and then after killing her taking his money back. Plus she was a heroin addict. That's an important thing to remember.

No one is sure that "he" the LISK actually offered her five times her rate. That is just one theory out of plenty.

Thank you! Where does Jessica fit in with all this? Sorry to ask so many questions, I'm just trying to get on the same page :)
Lots of M names and B last names.

Anyone know their aliases? Just trying to see if there's a common thread with this guy.

I think this is a white male between the ages of 23-40 IMO. The older the safer the girls feel. Middle aged is a "safe zone". Younger guys set off alarms. I think he's single too, or at least capable of looking at parts of CL and backpage without a significant other noticing.

Just thought Id' toss in that CL did away with adult advertising around the time the last girls went missing. You can still advertise on BP though. That might be why there's no one new.

Was there any DNA left behind?

Victims
Ages
How did they get there?

TIA

It is not certain that two of the girls were talked into leaving their cell phones behind. It is a theory that many believe well others believe a different theory.
MW-Megan Waterman was last seen leaving her hotel after calling her boyfriend-or pimp to say she was going to the gas station. She had left her cell phone behind at the hotel with plans on going back. She was either A) taken from a stalker well walking alone to the gas station or B) she was talked into meeting up with the perp and leaving her cell phone behind. It's all on what you personally believe after reading her story.

ALC-Amber Lynn Costello was according to her roommate called a number of times by a john who wanted her to meet him at the same hotel that Megan had went missing from. It is then believed that once he couldn't get her to go to that hotel he offered her a large amount of cash and she then walked out to meet him about a block from her house.
ALC and her roommate shared a phone from what I understand and she told him she would not be taking the phone with her this time for some reason.

There does seem to be a lot of silly business with the phones in each of the girl's case one way or another. There is plenty of reasons on why or if they actually had left the phones behind on purposes...and debates over if this man is a stalker who stalks these woman or as many believe he was a regular who they felt safe with and had left their phones behind.

Hope this helps you get a little better of an idea about the case.

Thank you! Where does Jessica fit in with all this? Sorry to ask so many questions, I'm just trying to get on the same page :)
Lots of M names and B last names.

Anyone know their aliases? Just trying to see if there's a common thread with this guy.

I think this is a white male between the ages of 23-40 IMO. The older the safer the girls feel. Middle aged is a "safe zone". Younger guys set off alarms. I think he's single too, or at least capable of looking at parts of CL and backpage without a significant other noticing.

Just thought Id' toss in that CL did away with adult advertising around the time the last girls went missing. You can still advertise on BP though. That might be why there's no one new.

Was there any DNA left behind?

Jessica was found in the same area as the other girls. There is lots of debate on if there is one or two killers. The four girls I had listed are the only four who can 100% be linked all to one guy. Not sure if the LISK has maybe evolved or switched up his MO.

<modsnip>

As stated previously, you need to look at the facts. JT's head (skull) and hands/forearm were found near the 'Gilgo 4', her body was found in Manorville, NY in 2003. I'm here to help. <modsnip>

It is not certain that two of the girls were talked into leaving their cell phones behind. It is a theory that many believe well others believe a different theory.
MW-Megan Waterman was last seen leaving her hotel after calling her boyfriend-or pimp to say she was going to the gas station. She had left her cell phone behind at the hotel with plans on going back. She was either A) taken from a stalker well walking alone to the gas station or B) she was talked into meeting up with the perp and leaving her cell phone behind. It's all on what you personally believe after reading her story.

ALC-Amber Lynn Costello was according to her roommate called a number of times by a john who wanted her to meet him at the same hotel that Megan had went missing from. It is then believed that once he couldn't get her to go to that hotel he offered her a large amount of cash and she then walked out to meet him about a block from her house.
ALC and her roommate shared a phone from what I understand and she told him she would not be taking the phone with her this time for some reason.

There does seem to be a lot of silly business with the phones in each of the girl's case one way or another. There is plenty of reasons on why or if they actually had left the phones behind on purposes...and debates over if this man is a stalker who stalks these woman or as many believe he was a regular who they felt safe with and had left their phones behind.

Hope this helps you get a little better of an idea about the case.

Regarding the first girl mentioned here. Did LE ever consider that the person who murdered her had been a client that same day or possibly the day before? he would know her hotel and room #. It's highly possible he called before she left and she mentioned she could see him later, because she had an errand to run. He laid in wait for her to exit her room, he could have rented a room there himself even. But I think it's far more likely that he had seen her, knew her hotel and pounced on her either as she left or as she returned. If it was a motel - it would even be easier to stalk her because he wouldn't have to enter a building, but simply watch the door from the parking lot. *this is one of the reasons that girls work for 1 day out of a hotel and then relocate

Do you know the hotel that he tried to get the last girl to meet him at?

KNOCK IT OFF NOW!!

If you've got a problem, use your alert and ignore features, and keep moving. If you respond, you become the problem, too.

KNOCK IT OFF NOW!!

If you've got a problem, use your alert and ignore features, and keep moving. If you respond, you become the problem, too.

My apologies. I was willing to discuss our differences via PM. I will refrain.

Regarding the first girl mentioned here. Did LE ever consider that the person who murdered her had been a client that same day or possibly the day before? he would know her hotel and room #. It's highly possible he called before she left and she mentioned she could see him later, because she had an errand to run. He laid in wait for her to exit her room, he could have rented a room there himself even. But I think it's far more likely that he had seen her, knew her hotel and pounced on her either as she left or as she returned. If it was a motel - it would even be easier to stalk her because he wouldn't have to enter a building, but simply watch the door from the parking lot. *this is one of the reasons that girls work for 1 day out of a hotel and then relocate

I will have to look it up I can't remember right off hand what hotel it was. I've always wondered if he called and set something up and never showed. This way being able to find out what hotel and everything then sat and waited for his moment to strike. I never believe these girls were stupid enough to leave their phone behind.

Astrokitty, those are very, very good questions that you ask about the first girl (MW). I can't remember them being brought up here before! As for the second girl (ALC), yes she was a heroin addict, but not a street addict. She only did incalls. It was extremely unusual for her to do an outcall. However, this time she left the house she shared with her roomate and headed off on foot to meet the person a block away. Her roomate (according to him) tried to get her to take the phone, but she wouldn't, telling her roomate, "that's not what he wants". She left in jeans and a hoodie. The roomate states that she had been on the phone with "the guy" a lot that day.

Anyway, keep your eyes and ears peeled for some "ugly mug" who requests that a girl leave her cell behind. If that seems so unusual to you, think of it as a definate red flag.

This same girl (ALC), as the story goes, and if my memory serves me right, had onetime been requested to go to the same Motel as the "first" girl (MW). But she didn't go. Makes one think that the guy was persistent in pursuing her in particular.

Astrokitty, those are very, very good questions that you ask about the first girl (MW). I can't remember them being brought up here before! As for the second girl (ALC), yes she was a heroin addict, but not a street addict. She only did incalls. It was extremely unusual for her to do an outcall. However, this time she left the house she shared with her roomate and headed off on foot to meet the person a block away. Her roomate (according to him) tried to get her to take the phone, but she wouldn't, telling her roomate, "that's not what he wants". She left in jeans and a hoodie. The roomate states that she had been on the phone with "the guy" a lot that day.

Anyway, keep your eyes and ears peeled for some "ugly mug" who requests that a girl leave her cell behind. If that seems so unusual to you, think of it as a definate red flag.

This same girl (ALC), as the story goes, and if my memory serves me right, had onetime been requested to go to the same Motel as the "first" girl (MW). But she didn't go. Makes one think that the guy was persistent in pursuing her in particular.

I often wonder if ALC believed she was seeing this caller for drugs and not sex. The roommate said she acted totally differently when going out on this call. If she thought she was going to just make a deal for some drugs she wouldn't necessarily have acted the way she did when she went out for a 'date'. JMO.

I often wonder if ALC believed she was seeing this caller for drugs and not sex. The roommate said she acted totally differently when going out on this call. If she thought she was going to just make a deal for some drugs she wouldn't necessarily have acted the way she did when she went out for a 'date'. JMO.

Schaller said it was a date for sex. He was listening to her on the phone with him from the next room when they agreed on a price. I believe that he said she was "hamming" him up. Looking back on it now it makes you wonder who was really hamming who up, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member